Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do we heal?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I didn't actually know that 'psychosomatic' came from dianetics. I became familiar with the term when it came into popular usage. It seems related to the idea of placebo effect which is attributed to the mind.
    It is where I first learned of the term anyway. It may have some prior etymology I am unaware of though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th July 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Jengelen View Post
    Great post. I'll shorten it for the last but excellent read for me. The consideration is certainly one worth pursuit and may even have a lot of merit. I have worked in dental/medical all my life. Retired actually after 22 years IHS (Indian Health Service which is a uniformed service, Navy Uniform, Coast Guard buttons because it is actually a branch of the Coast Guard)

Anyway, I recommend here for further reading. https://www.newmedicine.ca/overview.php
    Thanks for the link. I've have a look. I'm especially interested in elaborations of meditation and controlled breathing.

EDIT: It seem there is a lot more programmed response than I initially contemplated!

Quote Originally posted by https://www.newmedicine.ca/overview.php
    All diseases start with a cold phase, activity of the parasympathetic nervous system predominates, the shock is a constant preoccupation, nights seem long, extremities are cold...
    Smoking is known to reduce blood circulation and a cause for cold extremities especially in colder climates. In a way, working with the thesis above, smoking is like an artificial onset of disease. I can't disagree with that but, is it observable that smokers are more vulnerable to disease then non-smokers?
    Last edited by lcam88, 8th July 2015 at 20:39. Reason: continuation