Thread: Going beyond the polarity of 'Service to Self' vs. 'Service to Others'

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts

Going beyond the polarity of 'Service to Self' vs. 'Service to Others'

This is inspired by comments on another thread about 'seeing through' the polarity play of STS and STO, and stepping into true unity consciousness, which knows that all 'service' given in the spirit of Oneness, whether you feel to call it Service to Source, Service to Everything (thank you Sam), Service to Love/Life (thank you CeeTee9) will always flow exactly where it is needed, at the precise best moment, in the best way, for the growth and upliftment of All. It's that simple, folks.

When you get your thinking caught in dividing service - the energy of giving, allowing and receiving - into 'self' and 'others', you invoke the frequency of separation, no matter how it is 'justified' or 'positioned' as supporting unity consciousness. For people who have been fixated on/in their ego 'self', maybe for lifetimes, focusing on STO can seem like a revelation, and a liberation. However, in doing this, they are continuing to split the 'small ego self' identity from their Whole Self (higher self, Source self, God self, One-self, by whatever name). The Whole Self sees, feels and knows Unity, union with All, and it knows that all energies of giving flow naturally and perfectly in this and every moment in eternity. Can you feel the very deep peace of this knowing? And how your ego's investment in polarities dissolves?
    As soon as you're looking 'at' 3D from your own divinely-connected heart of Whole Self, you can see right through duality, and invoking oppositional energies like STS v. STO is no longer relevant or of any interest. From higher dimensions, there is no polarity, no dualism, just varying degrees of unity with Source, with Love, and Life, which are one and the same, where energies closely aligned with Love shine brightly, energies less aligned are more dim, or even less aligned, appear dark. This is a continuum, not an oppositional construct, and is the meaning of metaphysical Light. Only slow-moving densities view them as 'polarized'. Do you feel the difference?
    Polarity is like a seesaw; up, down, and always trying to balance in the middle, or veering to one 'end', while negating or judging the other.
    Higher awareness encompasses all polarities, enfolds them, and softens them.
    That is what Source centre does (reflected in this galaxy as the Galactic Central Sun), and we all have billions of tiny reflected Source centres (Suns) in every cell in our bodies, and in the proteins and molecules of every strand of our DNA. What message do you want to feed all those centres?

One more thing, about Love: I recently noted that the 'Law of One' (among others, it is not the only channelled material to skew concepts of love - will come back to that later in the thread) refers to Love as a 'distortion', in fact the 'Second Distortion' out from Source/Creator/Oneness.
    Let your heart and soul feel into what this is doing. Love IS Source, it IS Creator. Love does not 'distort your ions', only lack of love can do that. Love inherently IS, and its ripples organize all energies into an order that shifts, grows and evolves forever - in 3D, this is reflected into certain patternings and sequencing such as the Phi Ratio, the Fibonacci Sequence etc, and countless subwaves from the primary patterns.
    Ions are 'distorted' when they allow themselves to be pulled out of the inherent sequencing of Love by energies/entities experimenting with the concept of 'resistance' to Love. This is the origin of the 'polarity experience'. It is up to us whether we continue to play it, and for how long, and when we're ready to go beyond it....

Then the higher (faster flowing) dimensions open to us, because we are open to them.......
    Last edited by Joanna, 22nd June 2015 at 10:57.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th June 2015), bsbray (19th June 2015), Chester (19th June 2015), Dreamtimer (19th June 2015), Herbert (20th June 2015), lookbeyond (19th June 2015), MaryMay (23rd June 2015), mocha (19th June 2015), OneOfLaw (20th June 2015), reno (22nd June 2015), yobear (19th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Hello Joanna, just wanted to let you know your posts "feel" so tranquil, lov it ,lb

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th June 2015), bsbray (19th June 2015), Chester (19th June 2015), Joanna (19th June 2015), yobear (19th June 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Great post, Joanna.

Think about this... One must be 51% STO or... or what? or "else!"

So then... "WHO" judges someone as to what exact % of all they do would be considered just over past that magical line of 51%.

"WHO" would judge what things someone does as either STO or STS?

Are there things that someone might "do" which are 60 ... maybe 65% STO yet is also say... 30 - 35% STS?

What third party is in charge of measuring all that sort of stuff for each and every sentient being being in the multi-verse?

"God"?

So that's the picture... a paradigm where a third party "god" thing judges all the rest.

Its fortunate that many on this planet are finally growing past this paradigm and beginning to discover "the one" they tell you is "god" is "the one" that dwells within each of us.

Just do your best... service to everything... sometimes the call may be to take care of yourself like when you are sick or broke or broken hearted... because if you don't and instead sink into a massive depression... who then might you be of any service to?

Listen to the call from within... it guides each of us if we only listen.

Alllll just my opinion.

Ohhh and yes, I agree about the ion distortion biz... sorry but what a sterile definition.

Whose law is this?

I also read the "prime directive" has within its many commandments - "truth without proof."

Amazing that a single reader would read would ever buy into such bleep. Just amazing.

Ohhhh and...

The phrase, "Service to everything" was shared to me by another directly and in a chat one day. Gems like this you never forget.

That one was... drum roll please...

The Ruiner
    Last edited by Chester, 19th June 2015 at 06:16.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Cearna (19th June 2015), Joanna (19th June 2015), lookbeyond (19th June 2015), mocha (19th June 2015), yobear (19th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    A big AGREED to that one I have changed the STO phrase to Service to All in my mind, it feels more real and appropriate to me.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mocha For This Useful Post:

bsbray (19th June 2015), Cearna (19th June 2015), Chester (19th June 2015), Joanna (19th June 2015), lookbeyond (19th June 2015), MaryMay (23rd June 2015), yobear (19th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lookbeyond View Post
    Hello Joanna, just wanted to let you know your posts "feel" so tranquil, lov it ,lb
    Glad they feel that way to you, lb. Love to you

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

bsbray (19th June 2015), Cearna (19th June 2015), Chester (19th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    Great post, Joanna.

Think about this... One must be 51% STO or... or what? or "else!"

So then... "WHO" judges someone as to what exact % of all they do would be considered just over past that magical line of 51%.

"WHO" would judge what things someone does as either STO or STS?

Are there things that someone might "do" which are 60 ... maybe 65% STO yet is also say... 30 - 35% STS?

What third party is in charge of measuring all that sort of stuff for each and every sentient being being in the multi-verse?

"God"?

So that's the picture... a paradigm where a third party "god" thing judges all the rest.

Its fortunate that many on this planet are finally growing past this paradigm and beginning to discover "the one" they tell you is "god" is "the one" that dwells within each of us.

Just do your best... service to everything... sometimes the call may be to take care of yourself like when you are sick or broke or broken hearted... because if you don't and instead sink into a massive depression... who then might you be of any service to?

Listen to the call from within... it guides each of us if we only listen.

Alllll just my opinion.

Ohhh and yes, I agree about the ion distortion biz... sorry but what a sterile definition.

Whose law is this?

I also read the "prime directive" has within its many commandments - "truth without proof."

Amazing that a single reader would read would ever buy into such bleep. Just amazing.

Ohhhh and...

The phrase, "Service to everything" was shared to me by another directly and in a chat one day. Gems like this you never forget.

That one was... drum roll please...

The Ruiner

'Listen to the call within...it guides each of us if we only listen.' And so it does.......
    Last edited by Joanna, 19th June 2015 at 08:11.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

bsbray (19th June 2015), Chester (19th June 2015), yobear (19th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by mocha View Post
    A big AGREED to that one I have changed the STO phrase to Service to All in my mind, it feels more real and appropriate to me.
    Namaste, Mocha

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

bsbray (19th June 2015), Chester (19th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    From my Inbox just now:

Joanna,
    Do you know what the difference between us is? Me neither. So, if it were me living your life, I'd think of this often.
    Yourself,
    The Universe

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

bsbray (19th June 2015), Chester (19th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Last edited by Myst, 16th March 2017 at 07:11.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myst For This Useful Post:

Chester (20th June 2015), Joanna (22nd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    every service is service to creation, beings who seemingly do service to self, do service to whom ? each of them does service to creation, since ceration is everyone of them and thus they do also service to others since every other which is everyone is creation as well. the same is applicable to service to others, there is only the perception of an individual of doing service to self or service to others or both. it is a mind concept which is used up to certain densities to finally learn that every service is service to creation. so all is beneficial,all plays out as it shall play out. everything which happens, happens for the benefit of all. And it unfolds precisely the way it has been envisioned to happen by those who experience what happens.
    Last edited by OneOfLaw, 20th June 2015 at 18:27.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfLaw For This Useful Post:

Joanna (22nd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Myst View Post

The meta-choice of either service-to-others or service-to-self provides an internally unifying bias in making ensuing moment-to-moment choices. Either meta-choice is valid, and each serves the other by providing catalyst for development. Eventually, the two paths converge in a higher plane. The orientations: "You are God" and "I am God", both turn out to be true. But according to Ra, at our stage of development we need to commit to one or the other orientation in order to mobilize our inner resources for further growth. My personal experience has reinforced that this teaching is useful.

We are here first to experience polar opposites, then to reconcile them. In doing so, we rediscover our true Self from a myriad of unique perspectives. It is the illusion, or the apparent distortion of the One Self, that makes this journey possible. Our destination is unity consciousness, where all illusions are dispelled and all apparent distortions resolved to perfection. But the journey has meaning.
    Dear Myst,

Thanks for sharing your views. Life is indeed a journey, with meaning - and we are all entitled to 'choose' constructs that appear to 'serve', at different stages along the way. If you and others wish to work with the energies of polarized signifiers, so to speak, in the 'meta-choice realm', and feel you still have growth, joy and expansion, that is your choice.
    However, at this 'time' on this planet ie; on a planet that is undertaking a frequency Shift into a higher dimensional state of being, to invest yourself, and attach yourself, by 'committing' to playing/working/living/serving to the polarization of STS/STO, then you are not aligning your 'stage of development' with the Unifying flow, the convergence of energies, that brings souls through to the next stage, the next level. What I would like to amend here is how I described that from unity consciousness, we don't position ourselves as a balance point between opposites, or veering our energy toward one or the other, we expand around the polarities (which is what Source does...it is the infinite circle encompassing All)...we hold them, without diving into them...so that we can walk in the world, but not of the world....and we fill those oppositional energies with love, compassion and mercy, and that softens them. My words about 'dissolving the polarity' could be misconstrued as wanting to annihilate it, which was not my meaning. So I'll say here, softening, cradling..because indeed the strata of contrasts has its place. On this planet however, the third density, of contrasts, is gradually softening, and loosening its grip. Eventually there will be no 3D here; the planet IS transforming UP into higher vibrations, in Divine Timing, and if you wish to flow at ease, in peace, with that transformation, then let go of attaching to the polarity game, and Know that all Service given in Love, goes exactly where it is needed, beyond any small-self 'choice making'.
    Do you feel what I mean here?

About Ra, and distortions, you may enjoy reading an article I just posted here:

http://heartstar.org/2015/06/22/sols...he-winged-sun/

We are all 'Ra', all sparks of the flame of Source. The entity/ies calling itself 'Ra' in regards to the Law of One material is not 'one' I would choose to listen to. Well, they are honest entities, at a certain level. I read recently that when asked whether they are part, or what their relationship is, to the Confederation, they stated they are another group, and that they are not of the Love, or the Light, but of the One. Well, this is perfect truth, as everything in creation is part of the One, there is nothing outside the Oneness of Source. But if they are not of Love, or of Light, then that begs the question, what are they of?
    Beings that call Free Will and Love 'distortions' could only view it that way if they are themselves distorted. All Beings in deep alignment with Source, who feel and know that flow, that eternal spark, in their own soul, essence, spirit, every ion of their being, know that Source IS Love, and Light, completely undivided, and indivisible. That which divides is that which is in resistance, bottom line. Polarity was created from that resistance, and a falling away from the Flow of Source, which then skews it off at angles, like looking at a straw in a glass of water. And yes, that has been allowed to take place, for the experience, but how long you wish to keep aligning yourself with that angle is a question to ask deeply in your heart, and of your soul, rather than through mental rationalizations.

Namaste, Joanna.
    Last edited by Joanna, 22nd June 2015 at 10:31.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Chester (2nd August 2015), Myst (23rd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by OneOfLaw View Post
    every service is service to creation, beings who seemingly do service to self, do service to whom ? each of them does service to creation, since ceration is everyone of them and thus they do also service to others since every other which is everyone is creation as well. the same is applicable to service to others, there is only the perception of an individual of doing service to self or service to others or both. it is a mind concept which is used up to certain densities to finally learn that every service is service to creation. so all is beneficial,all plays out as it shall play out. everything which happens, happens for the benefit of all. And it unfolds precisely the way it has been envisioned to happen by those who experience what happens.
    OneOfLaw, yes, it is ALL Service to Creation, Service to Source. Service to either/or in the polarity play has a purpose, I agree, up to a certain density (third). Beyond that, viewing/feeling/experiencing and acting through the Unity that encompasses and embraces ALL contrasts without 'playing into them' and reinforcing them (and thus perpetuating them) is the focus that supports our shift into higher frequencies, in confluence with this planet's Shift.

Blessings, Joanna.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Chester (2nd August 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    There's no 'v.' for me, thus no polarity. Service to Self and Others exist simultaneously. That's why the term Service to Everything works so well. It encompasses all that is happening which is both STO & STS.

Actions can't even be labelled one or the other because it's a matter of perspective. How many times has one of us said, "I'm just trying to help," when in fact that may not be what we were actually doing?

We all live together in a complex system of simultaneous STO/STS or STE.

Personally, I think the thing about the 51% is to help people stop trying to be so 100% STO. It's unreasonable and unattainable (IMO).

As far as people learning not to be 100% STS, there's karma.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Chester (2nd August 2015), Joanna (22nd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    There's no 'v.' for me, thus no polarity. Service to Self and Others exist simultaneously. That's why the term Service to Everything works so well. It encompasses all that is happening which is both STO & STS.

Actions can't even be labelled one or the other because it's a matter of perspective. How many times has one of us said, "I'm just trying to help," when in fact that may not be what we were actually doing?

We all live together in a complex system of simultaneous STO/STS or STE.

Personally, I think the thing about the 51% is to help people stop trying to be so 100% STO. It's unreasonable and unattainable (IMO).

As far as people learning not to be 100% STS, there's karma.
    Dreamtimer, exactly, it is all simultaneous,and interwoven.
    As far as percentages and 'arbitrary measuring' goes, no matter what the 'numbers', it's all playing into lack of self trust, and lack of knowing(like giving dates for ascension)....because if your focus, instead of measurements, is straight into Unity, without worrying about anything else, just direct focus into Wholeness, then the 'need' to measure anything drops away....because you can feel how it pulls your focus into the intellect, instead of the heart. The intellect has its place, definitely, and is a wondrous tool when it's flowing with and aligned with your heart-knowing, of Source. When it's running the show, there you have polarizing and compartmentalization, and 'can't see the wood for the trees'.....and will come up with any 'number' of elaborate defences, if the ego is invested in 'comparing' for its sense of worth and validation....

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

Chester (2nd August 2015), Dreamtimer (22nd June 2015)