Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Degrees of Separation: Order from Chaos

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    "THE FUTURE CREATES THE PRESENT AGAINST THE BACKDROP OF THE PAST"

What else do you see here?

It never occurred to me in my search for the Red Dot; that would be exactly what I needed to pay attention to.

Remember I said in another post there are two Eyes. Two messages here in the encryption.

I turn your attention to the dual message in this tomb to the Red Dots.

Look closely at the bottom portion.

There are seven gods on one side and six on the other with RED DOTS. In between is a tall inverted "V", similar to a pyramid top pointing to a red star the eye of Eye of Taurus the red star (DOT) Aldebaran.

on the bottom are circles; four on one side eight on the other side.

4 + 8 = 12

or represents

Take your pick!

Atop the heads of the gods; Red Dots!

7 (gods) + 6 (gods) = 13

or represents

This image has been represented at a star map no? Surrounded by stars in fact.

Did you know:

4 + 8 = 12

12 + 76 = 88

12 Signs of the Zodiac Plus 76 = 88 constellations

~

How can that be?

~

Date of the tomb is 18th dynasty; Roughly 1513–1499 BC

Did you know 88 constellations were not mapped and made official until 1922, when the International Astronomical Union (IAU) adopted the modern list of 88 constellations?

At its first meeting in 1922, the International Astronomical Union (IAU), astronomy's governing body which is responsible, among other things, for assigning names to celestial objects and features on those objects, officially adopted the list of 88 constellations that we use today. Definitive boundaries between constellations, which extend out beyond the star figures, were set in 1930, so that every star, nebula, or galaxy, no matter how faint, now lies within the limits of one constellation. For today's astronomer, constellations refer not so much to the patterns of stars, but to precisely defined areas of the sky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_modern_constellations

Are you familiar with " The 48 Main Constellations" ?

by Claudius Ptolemy

BORN: AD 90

Who wrote the Almagest and listed the 48 Main Constellation long AFTER this 18 dynasty image in a tomb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptolemy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almagest

~

12 zodiac constellations plus 76 = 88 constellations!

This being is depicted in an 18th dynasty star chart? Nah couldn't be!

So where does 13 come into play?

how about the 13th (ambiguous) sign of the zodiac?

Ophiuchus ~ The Serpent-Bearer included in the 88 MODERN constellation count!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_modern_constellations

http://www.physics.csbsju.edu/astro/...llations2.html

Ophiuchus is one of thirteen constellations that cross the ecliptic. It has therefore been called the '13th sign of the zodiac'.

Which didn't come about (confusion between the notion of a sign and constellation) until 1970

Ophiuchus is one of thirteen constellations that cross the ecliptic. It has therefore been called the '13th sign of the zodiac'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus_%28astrology%29

How could all this be in an Ancient Egyptian tomb?

Ambiguous? Possibly....but wait there's more....

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lcam88 (23rd June 2015), lookbeyond (25th June 2015), MaryMay (26th July 2015), mojo (23rd June 2015)

Thanks
    A cube:

Four sides with a top and a bottom = 6 sides

Hypercube:

In geometry, a hypercube is an n-dimensional analogue of a square (n = 2) and a cube (n = 3). It is a closed, compact, convex figure whose 1-skeleton consists of groups of opposite parallel line segments aligned in each of the space's dimensions, perpendicular to each other and of the same length.

tesseract:

In geometry, the tesseract, also called an 8-cell or regular octachoron or cubic prism, is the four-dimensional analog of the cube; the tesseract is to the cube as the cube is to the square. Just as the surface of the cube consists of 6 square faces, the hypersurface of the tesseract consists of 8 cubical cells. The tesseract is one of the six convex regular 4-polytopes.

Oh look what I see!

A generalization of the cube to dimensions greater than three is called a "hypercube", "n-cube" or "measure polytope"

Now isn't that the thing found in the middle of the Black hole in the move Interstellar?

But wait...

~

A six cube!

In geometry, a 6-cube is a six-dimensional hypercube with 64 vertices, 192 edges

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6-cube

~

If you intersect lines from all sides of a cube you would get a single point totaling 6 with a point in the middle. Add another point for a total of seven points. But the cube only has 6 sides...intersecting to make a point in the middle.

Now add an outside point that would be a total of 8

8 X 8 = 64

Oh boy there's that number again!

But let me show you something else

A point of origin and destination:

And let me show you one other thing:

Look at the inverted long V shape with the Red Dot (Aldebaran)

And look at this:

Check out the "7th" seal!

seven points to outline a course to a position...to find a destination within any three dimensional space, you need six points to determine the exact location...but to chart a course, you need a point of origin...

So, which came first the chicken or the egg? Am I seeing a Hollywood movie made on this or this was made from a Hollywood movie? Because I'm telling you there it sits in an 18th dynasty tomb!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercube

Gamma symbol:

Flipped around:

Gamma/Time Dilation

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlJNsRZ4WxI

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsbBw1I0Rg

Squaring the circle

There are three classical problems in Greek mathematics which were extremely influential in the development of geometry. These problems were those of squaring the circle, doubling the cube and trisecting an angle. Although these are closely linked, we choose to examine them in separate articles. The present article studies what has become the most famous for these problems, namely the problem of squaring the circle or the quadrature of the circle as it is sometimes called.

One of the fascinations of this problem is that it has been of interest throughout the whole of the history of mathematics. From the oldest mathematical documents known up to the mathematics of today the problem and related problems concerning π have interested both professional mathematicians and amateur mathematicians.

One of the oldest surviving mathematical writings is the Rhind papyrus, named after the Scottish Egyptologist A Henry Rhind who purchased it in Luxor in 1858. It is a scroll about 6 metres long and 1/3 of a metre wide and was written around 1650 BC by the scribe Ahmes who copied a document which is 200 years older. This gives date for the original papyrus of about 1850 BC but some experts believe that the Rhind papyrus is based on a work going back to 3400 BC.

You can see more about the Rhind papyrus in the History topic article Egyptian papyri.

More here:

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/h...he_circle.html

~

Squaring the Circle

An interesting fact is that it is because π is transcendental that it’s impossible to square the circle, as the ancients had tried so hard to do. This fact became known only in the nineteenth century, when algebraic numbers became well-understood. It so happens that to square the circle, meaning to construct with straightedge and compass a square whose area is the same as that of a given circle, is tantamount to solving an equation with rational coefficients and getting π as the solution. This is impossible because π is transcendental, and therefore not algebraic. There can never be such an equation that would yield π as a solution.

From this:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cr.../#.VYcr5fnYF0z

~

Meton: Ah! These are my special rods for measuring the air. You see, the air is shaped - how shall I put it? - like a sort of extinguisher: so all I have to do is to attach this flexible rod at the upper extremity, take the compasses, insert the point here, and - you see what I mean?

Peisthetaerus: No.

Meton: Well I now apply the straight rod - so - thus squaring the circle: and there you are. In the center you have your market place: straight streets leading into it, from here, from here, from here. Very much the same principle, really, as the rays of a star: the star itself is circular, but sends out straight rays in every direction.

Like this:

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lookbeyond (25th June 2015), MaryMay (26th July 2015), mojo (23rd June 2015)

Thanks
    On to the code after I take a break..Whew! I hope you got all that....LOL

But I will leave for awhile with this:

Stargate
    Making Star Trek Real
    Jack Sarfatti
    Internet Science Education Project
    Foreword

“The future, and the future alone, is the home of explanation.”
    Henry Dwight Sedgwick

“Sarfatti's Cave is the name I'll give to the Caffe Trieste in San Francisco, where Jack Sarfatti, Ph.D. in physics, writes his poetry, evokes his mystical, miracle-working ancestors, and has conducted a several-decade-long seminar on the nature of reality … to a rapt succession of espresso scholars. ... It's Jack Sarfatti against the world, and he is indomitable. …One of his soaring theories is that things, which have not happened, yet can cause events in the present. … Cornell University B.A. , University of California Ph.D., his credentials are impeccable. Following is a quotation from a Lecture given to a San Francisco State physics seminar on 30 April 1991:

CAUSALITY VIOLATING QUANTUM ACTION AT A DISTANCE
    By Dr. Jack Sarfatti

The universe is created by intelligent design but the Designer lives in our far future and has evolved from us … Perhaps, all the works of cultural genius, from the music of Mozart to the physics of Einstein, have their real origin in the future. The genius may be a real psychic channeler whose mind is open to telepathic messages from the future. The genius must be well trained in his or her craft and intellectually disciplined with the integrity of the warrior in order to properly decode the quantum signals from the future. The purpose of our existence would then be to ensure, not only the creation of life on earth, but also the creation of the big bang itself! We obviously cannot fail since the universe cannot have come into existence without us in this extreme example of Borgesian quantum solipsism [bolstered by John Archibald Wheeler’s “observer-participator” and “the universe as a self-excited circuit]. Existentialism is wrong because it is an incorrect extrapolation of the old physics. Breton’s surrealism, with its Jungian idea of meaningful coincidence, is closer to the truth. This would then be the final secret of the Illuminati – that charismatic chain of adepts in quixotic quest of their ‘Impossible Dream’ of the Grail. Enough of my subjective vision. Now on to the objective physics. Gold, Herbert. Bohemia: Where Art, Angst, Love & Strong Coffee Meet.

Love the last line:

Coffee lust ~ Effect Soul

Cont:

There is now a significant body of results on quantum interactions with closed timelike curves (CTCs) in the quantum information literature, … As a consequence, there is a prima facie argument exploiting entanglement that CTC interactions would enable superluminal and, indeed, effectively instantaneous signaling. …. Using the consistency condition, we show that there is a procedure that allows Alice to signal to Bob in the past via relayed superluminal communications between spacelike-separated Alice and Clio, and spacelike-separated Clio and Bob. This opens the door to time travel paradoxes in the classical domain … offering a possible window on what we might expect in a future theory of quantum gravity. Quantum interactions with closed timelike curves and superluminal signaling, Jeffrey Bub and Allen Stairs, PHYSICAL REVIEW A 89, 022311 (2014)

‘In this case, Bob possesses the unknown state even before Alice implements the teleportation. Causality is not violated because Bob cannot foresee Alice’s measurement result, which is completely random. But, if we could pick out only the proper result, the resulting “projective” teleportation would allow us to travel along spacelike intervals, to escape from black holes, or to travel in time.” Seth Lloyd et-

This is a series of blog essays about teleological destiny, quick time travel to colonize Earthlike exoplanets through stargates, and the possibility that we are three-dimensional hologram images in a virtual reality programmed by a cosmological conscious super-intelligence that is alive and well on our future two-dimensional dark energy edge of space that we can ever hope to see with light signals. My speculative hypothesis-conjecture of this book is that our idea of time and cause and effect is profoundly wrong. In particular the “unproven theorem paradox” of time travel is not a paradox at all.

“The “unproved theorem” paradox points out that if there are CTCs, then it might be possible to take a published proof of a theorem into the past and present it to someone, who then uses it to produce the very manuscript that leads to the theorem’s publication Bub & Stairs op-cit

Evidence on “brain presponse” (Libet, Radin, Bierman, Bem) suggests that our consciousness and creativity are such meme self-creating strange loops. The universe does only not emerge out of the past, but is also pulled toward the future for a purpose. This idea is not new in philosophy, but has reappeared in physics starting with the work of John Archibald Wheeler and Richard Feynman in the 1940s. This back-from-the-future effect is needed to understand the nature of both dark matter and dark energy that is most of the stuff in our accelerating universe and most importantly to understand our own consciousness and how to reach the stars and beyond.

~

If even a small quotient of the above is correct...It's all clear, you were meant to be here!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtGjJVcrKQU

Time travel experiment demonstrates how to avoid the grandfather paradox

http://phys.org/news/2011-03-grandfather-paradox.html

And last until I get to the code, adding this video to that information and how you say...

Quiff Pop?

Listen to what William Henry says in the first part of this video. The rest is pretty interesting as well.

Last edited by Shadowself, 22nd June 2015 at 13:09.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (22nd June 2015), Chester (29th July 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lcam88 (21st July 2015), mojo (23rd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Hi Shadowself, i am really interested in your information, but i cant keep up with you!! My Mother was fascinated with Egypt and read Edgar Cayce, i have links in this area myself with dreams and a vision, you have put so much work into this thread however would it b possible to get a paragraph of a summary of this information so that i may see where i am going a little easier? Sometimes it helps me to work backwards, if you understand? ,lb

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (22nd June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lcam88 (23rd June 2015), mojo (23rd June 2015), Shadowself (22nd June 2015)

Thanks
    Lockbeyond I absolutely will when I get to the cypher and code. Which I didn't have time to do yesterday.

I also had to repair an image on page 3 post number 39. I went rather fast yesterday to get the basics down.

I said in the beginning I would be putting down information and lots of it that relates to what is in the tomb. There is of course more and it resides on the false door within the tomb.

I just ran out of time is all...soon, but probably not today as I have to go to work. I really tried to get it all in yesterday but just no time.

My last post here had some interesting information in it which I'll get into soon and I'll quote what Dr Sarfatti, who worked on the 100 year starship project by the DOD, was and is privately funded in some interesting areas along these lines.

I'll quote from my last post which I also colorized above:

Dr Sarfatti said:..."This is a series of blog essays about teleological destiny, quick time travel to colonize Earthlike exoplanets through stargates, and the possibility that we are three-dimensional hologram images in a virtual reality programmed by a cosmological conscious super-intelligence that is alive and well on our future two-dimensional dark energy edge of space that we can ever hope to see with light signals. My speculative hypothesis-conjecture of this book is that our idea of time and cause and effect is profoundly wrong. In particular the “unproven theorem paradox” of time travel is not a paradox at all.

“The “unproved theorem” paradox points out that if there are CTCs, then it might be possible to take a published proof of a theorem into the past and present it to someone, who then uses it to produce the very manuscript that leads to the theorem’s publication Bub & Stairs op-cit

Note: The tomb of Senemut was discovered during the 1925-1927 excavations

The 48 main constellations were not taken into account until 1922.....

And...So far I've only shown you the bottom half of the image/star map in the tomb.....there's more to come. I just didn't have time.

There are things in that tomb that should not be there for that time period when it was made 18th century dynasty.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1101.1927v1.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad
    Last edited by Shadowself, 22nd June 2015 at 13:34.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (22nd June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lcam88 (23rd June 2015), lookbeyond (22nd June 2015), mojo (23rd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    thanks Shadowself ,lb

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), mojo (23rd June 2015), Shadowself (23rd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    What an info dump!

You dwelled on time for a bit: http://www.andersoninstitute.com/tim...ed-fields.html

As I when over your posts, much of what I can see are coincidences that exist in what can be called chaos. Put into order by your design, it seems. I cannot discern much from the numerology aspects for example. What is the significance of 33? or the other numbers you point out?

Is there a pointer of some kind that puts this into a context that is more meaningful?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015)

Thanks
    Thank you for your input Icam88.

Information "dump"?

What I've shown so far is not simply chaos but a Dynamical System...within a star map...in a tomb...So far.
    A dynamical system is a concept in mathematics where a fixed rule describes how a point in a geometrical space depends on time. Examples include the mathematical models that describe the swinging of a clock pendulum, the flow of water in a pipe, and the number of fish each springtime in a lake.

At any given time a dynamical system has a state given by a set of real numbers (a vector) that can be represented by a point in an appropriate state space (a geometrical manifold). Small changes in the state of the system create small changes in the numbers. The evolution rule of the dynamical system is a fixed rule that describes what future states follow from the current state. The rule is deterministic; in other words, for a given time interval only one future state follows from the current state.

Understanding the probabilistic aspects of dynamical systems has helped establish the foundations of statistical mechanics and of chaos.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamical_system

What appear to be random numbers are not so random but very precise. But there is more coming. As I said earlier I've not relayed the top portion of the map. How it's mysteries have plagued Egyptology and Astronomers.

Of course I've not come to the interesting part that makes this dynamical system in a Tomb the most interesting either. All in good time.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 23rd June 2015 at 12:51.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lcam88 (23rd June 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I was reading about solar calendars and lunar calendars. It takes 33 years for the lunar calendar to cycle back around to the solar calendar. (Hope I said that right)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lcam88 (23rd June 2015), Shadowself (23rd June 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I was reading about solar calendars and lunar calendars. It takes 33 years for the lunar calendar to cycle back around to the solar calendar. (Hope I said that right)
    Thanks Dreamtimer...also this:

Measuring Nuclear Decay....

Going back to take another look at the decay data from the Brookhaven lab, the researchers found a recurring pattern of 33 days. It was a bit of a surprise, given that most solar observations show a pattern of about 28 days – the rotation rate of the surface of the sun.

The explanation? The core of the sun – where nuclear reactions produce neutrinos – apparently spins more slowly than the surface we see. "It may seem counter-intuitive, but it looks as if the core rotates more slowly than the rest of the sun," Sturrock said.

All of the evidence points toward a conclusion that the sun is "communicating" with radioactive isotopes on Earth, said Fischbach.
    Form this post here: http://jandeane81.com/threads/7186-6...#post841929095

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), Dreamtimer (23rd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    Thank you for your input Icam88.

Information "dump"?
    Sorry for the layman term. You really posted a lot of information to lay your groundwork. It's been a very interesting read so far but there a few points that I'm either too dumb to understand or just can't make the references very meaningful. I'm sure you know what I mean.

What I've shown so far is not simply chaos but a Dynamical System...within a star map...in a tomb...So far.
    Yes indeed. And the reality has so much more too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamical_system

What appear to be random numbers are not so random but very precise. But there is more coming. As I said earlier I've not relayed the top portion of the map. How it's mysteries have plagued Egyptology and Astronomers.

Of course I've not come to the interesting part that makes this dynamical system in a Tomb the most interesting either. All in good time.
    You have my attention Shadowself, this topic is very interesting indeed, even the information you present in your groundwork, and at some point I hope to be able to post an interesting question, but considering the amount of information you posted, I only have the superficial view of how you associated each aspect. Indeed it seems that you have devoted a good portion of your life to the details you found so far. I'm quite content to examine this information with curiosity though perhaps from that more distant and "emotionally uninvested" viewpoint, for now.

OHhhh yeah, bring _IT_ on! baby!

EDIT: +1 to a link between solar activity and radioactive decay. The half-life is presumed in science to be a constant, and yet people are able to predict solar events based on small variations in the half-life of mildly radioactive elements. I can find the article if you want.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), Shadowself (23rd June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    This actually belongs here.

I'd like to present a perspective that is yet unlabeled.

If indeed space and time collapsed, there would be no difference between the "here" or the "there", everything is superimposed in a way => the degenerate circle forming a point, or even the current location being everywhere simultaneously => the point superimposed on the circle.

Simultaneous and superimposition.

That same phenomena as with space also applies for time. A complete life of the universe is moment, the instant is eternal etc.

That is the singularity.

Hypothesis 1

The singularity _must_ exist simultaneously to our existence if it exist at all. That paradox gives credence to the idea that time is a manifestation between the realm that is the singularity and our realm. Perhaps space/time partially the result of an electromagnetic type relationship in some field found in a realm where vectors can only have two opposite of directions. (front and back)

Hypothesis 2

That paradox causes an uncertainty about whether it is the same singularity behind every event horizon in the known universe or not. Maybe there is truly one one singularity that exists that the center of every galaxy, the one hidden behind a million veil that we call the event horizons.

Hypothesis 3

The information of the universe cannot reasonably be contended to reside on the peripheral of the event horizon, unless you understand that peripheral to be the entire galaxy (entirely possible). It exists in our reality as we experience it, and mirrored (perhaps if you insist in the law of thermodynamics) in that eternal moment that is a part of the singularity.

Hypothesis 4

Energy moves from the singularity outwards, perhaps through one or more types of fabrics such as space/time, or inwards towards the singularity. The way in which the energy interferes with itself and manifests into the various possible levels of chaos possibilities, we get variation and differentiation of one original design/existence.

Experimentation or Test(s)

As an experiment you can perform tests to validate these hypothesis' I put forward, consider your perceptions. The suggestions are by no means a complete list of possible experiments.

As you move about, how does your perception change? You are always at the center of your perceptions, even as you ride in a car. The extensions of your perceptions are always from a center of consciousness outwards or from the outside towards the center of your mind. Is this at least partial confirmation that at least a part of our experience is of the same pattern as the Singularity?

Perhaps that is a design pattern not only innate to the singularity at the center of the universe, and us, but also dogs, cats, animals of all sorts, perhaps the sun too. And we really don't know enough about subatomic structures or molecules to exclude them from the pattern, right? And if so, hypothetically, as different patterns may emerge or reveal themselves from personal experience become evident to us, is it possible that those patterns also reside in some way around us? In the subatomic realm? In the astronomical realm (if so does this mean astrology may be more interesting to examine)?
    I need to reexamine your previous posts in more detail Shadowself...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), Shadowself (25th June 2015)

Thanks
    Like I said before Icam88...no wrong answers here. Your post above was in response to this post:

http://jandeane81.com/threads/7052-I...#post841926976

Which also happens to be on this thread..Imagine that!

As you move about, how does your perception change?
    Awareness: "the ability to perceive, to feel, or to be conscious of events, objects, thoughts, emotions, or sensory patterns. In this level of consciousness, sense data can be confirmed by an observer without necessarily implying understanding. More broadly, it is the state or quality of being aware of something. In biological psychology, awareness is defined as a human's or an animal's (dogs, cats, animals of all sorts) perception and cognitive reaction to a condition or event.

Changes in awareness

The ability to consciously detect an image when presented at near-threshold stimulus varies across presentations. One factor is "baseline shifts" due to top down attention that modulates ongoing brain activity in sensory cortex areas that affects the neural processing of subsequent perceptual judgments. Such top down biasing can occur through two distinct processes: an attention driven baseline shift in the alpha waves, and a decision bias reflected in gamma waves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awareness

Last edited by Shadowself, 25th June 2015 at 12:31.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lcam88 (25th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Like I said before Icam88...no wrong answers here. Your post above was in response to this post:

http://jandeane81.com/threads/7052-I...#post841926976

Which also happens to be on this thread..Imagine that!
    Indeed!

Awareness: "the ability to perceive, to feel, or to be conscious of events, objects, thoughts, emotions, or sensory patterns. In this level of consciousness, sense data can be confirmed by an observer without necessarily implying understanding. More broadly, it is the state or quality of being aware of something. In biological psychology, awareness is defined as a human's or an animal's (dogs, cats, animals of all sorts) perception and cognitive reaction to a condition or event.
    Perhaps the biological/animal level of understanding awareness is actually arbitrary to the hypothesis I was forwarding. What matters is actually how our existence is similar to the existence of the singularity in the way energies and perceptions flow insofar as my examination of the issue is addressing.

Furthermore, it is completely appropriate to see patterns that emerges, with regard to these flows as well as many other areas, in all life that we may encounter in our mist. And considering the nature of the subject matter being discussed, I contend it would be appropriate to then extend the essential corresponding meanings found to things we know less about?

Perhaps stars and planets also have a similar type of energetic exchange with their midst. Certainly the persistence of awareness cannot also apply to the astronomical realm, right?

We certainly do not know, however science does not recognize sentience in stars or planets, some of our alternative community believes the planet "Gaia" might, but nobody has certainty. Perhaps this examination can shed light on that, initially from a theosophical viewpoint perhaps as a direction to pursue explanations in other ways. Shrug.

Changes in awareness

The ability to consciously detect an image when presented at near-threshold stimulus varies across presentations.
    What do you mean by "near-threshold stimulus? By presentation you mean by permitting the image to be detected by sensory input?

One factor is "baseline shifts" due to top down attention that modulates ongoing brain activity in sensory cortex areas that affects the neural processing of subsequent perceptual judgments.
    What context to you apply the term "baseline shifts"? do you mean focus of attention or alpha and gamma shift?

Such top down biasing can occur through two distinct processes: an attention driven baseline shift in the alpha waves, and a decision bias reflected in gamma waves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awareness
    Perhaps it is worth considering, while you have dived down an area of human and animal awareness whose exact functionality [,based on the observation of a mechanics,] is less familiar to me, that there may be other basis' by which awareness can be observed. The physics of awareness you describe are the theoretical mechanics by which humans and animals can be aware of things in their midst and in their realm of reality. Certainly the physics and mechanics for awareness at the cellular level is going to be different in fundamental ways; the realm of reality a cell finds itself immersed in have completely different energetic exchanges from humans and animals. But it is still worth noting that cells and bacteria (singe celled organisms) are considered to be alive.

Diverging slightly, the perception of adaptive type characteristics single celled organisms exhibit create no doubt to us that they can respond to their environment. And because they are "born" (I don't know if cell division is actually a birth, but...) and they die, science has included them in the categorization we refer to as "living". Science and medicine don't go so far as to say cells are aware or sentient though perhaps the question has been posed and perhaps visited in some fashion.

So my questions: is the definition for awareness necessarily bound to the mechanics established for one classification of life [as is established by study of members of the animal kingdom (our own biological classification)]?
    1. If not, why is mention of that mechanism required when describing awareness in the more broad sense?
    2. If so, it is commonly accepted that plants respond to environmental conditions, there are experiments with music that effect the way plants grow, is that responsive characteristic excluded from the categorization of awareness only because it is not animal like?

One of the base-line assumption I think you are making is best questioned with: Why should the notions of life and awareness necessarily be separated?

I can only think of political reasons that affirmatively answer that separation is necessary. The metaphorical impulse of such political reasoning seems to be for humans to carry a diminished view of themselves... But I digress here yet again with more of my own conclusions.

I'm going to watch them through the day today. Comments to follow.
    Last edited by lcam88, 26th June 2015 at 13:21. Reason: clarification

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), Shadowself (27th June 2015)

Thanks
    What do you mean by "near-threshold stimulus? By presentation you mean by permitting the image to be detected by sensory input?

What context to you apply the term "baseline shifts"? do you mean focus of attention or alpha and gamma shift?
    cortical processing:

Tools in the cerebral cortex which are engaged in cognitive behaviors and responses. Processing visual information. Areas that are neither motor or sensory but are thought to be involved in higher processing of information.

The Moody Blues video I added is FULL of "Visual semiotics from the first page of this thread....So is this photo...

The bridge represents? An Einstein Rosen Bridge?

Happy birthday Son! The song says it all...

Last edited by Shadowself, 27th June 2015 at 14:54.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), Amenjo (27th June 2015), bsbray (28th June 2015), Chester (1st August 2015), Ciauzar (2nd July 2015), lcam88 (29th June 2015), Rocket's Mom (2nd July 2015), The One (5th July 2015)