Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Charging Money for Disclosure-Related Information is Wrong

In Memoriam United States
    Thanks
    Sam Hunter. Loved your post. Seems to me that this a "recipe" that is easy to copy from many of the religious groups here in the USA.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

Cearna (18th June 2015), Chester (17th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by grannyfranny View Post
    Sam Hunter. Loved your post. Seems to me that this a "recipe" that is easy to copy from many of the religious groups here in the USA.
    Yes... and "experiencers" too.

Truth is a right, not a commodity.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Cearna (18th June 2015), CeeTee9 (18th June 2015), grannyfranny (18th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    If I go to any conferences, it's gonna be comicon, or jordancon, or a Star Trek related one. Might run into some off-worlders.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Cearna (18th June 2015), Chester (17th June 2015), grannyfranny (18th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Cearna View Post
    When I did the Reiki course and then discovered I had done this same thing way back in the time of Atlantis, and that all of us had in fact learnt to use energies in our work, bringing down more and more energies than are in use now, I decided I wanted to be in this land of giving to others, that which is needed in the now.
    This is a service, Cearna. You are providing an honest service and I am sure your fee for this service is known by the one who contracts you to perform the service. I then assume you perform this service to the best of your ability.

Truth is NOT a commodity. Those who sell it are worse than those who intentionally withhold it as they then become the gatekeepers of truth and as all humans are susceptible to... are able to be compromised and corrupted.

Sell services - GOOD

Sell truth - you are behaving worse than the PTBs.

Write a great book that perhaps shares truth, you are providing a service for those who wish to buy your book and see your vision of truth through the lens of their imagination.

Convince folks you are some special being selected by other special beings to drip-feed you "intel" and false hope FOR CASH is worse behavior than the PTBs.

Note here there's no name calling... there is finger pointing at behavior.
    Last edited by Chester, 18th June 2015 at 04:40.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bstuart (17th June 2015), Cearna (18th June 2015), CeeTee9 (18th June 2015), grannyfranny (18th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015), RealityCreation (18th June 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bstuart View Post
    I think a better analogy is to imagine a scenario where Edward Snowden decided to charge reporters, and anyone else interested, a fee to look at his intelligence documents. The whole narrative would have been painted in a much different light, and it would have caused significant harm to his cause. If the purpose of the information is to unchain and aid in enlightening humanity from the PTB/systems of control, by disclosing their agenda and behind the scene activities, then you simply cannot charge money for it without raising some rather serious questions (conflict of interest, community division, etc). There are many ways to support yourself monetarily without putting up a paywall. As I mentioned before, non-profits exist for a very good reason.
    Brilliant - Bravo!!!! Finally a perfect analogy!

What's hilarious is when I read "I am not gonna get into circular arguments" type statements (when they constantly do anyways) and yet they are playing one of the roles in the "circular vetting" element of the overall scam.

All you have to do is spend several years data mining... practice posting... get your "schtick down," come up with a story that cannot be proved (yet cannot be disproved) and then begin the sucking in of the vulnerable. In time, the paypal button is hit just enough you can afford to pay one of the graphic artits and web site designers available to other "club members" of the "Circular Verification and Vetting Club" and bammmm as long as you stay relevant to enough... and as long as your back patting is still effective enough, you can be in the game for a long long time... selling Earth down the river each and every day while pretending to be a champion for Her freeing.
    Last edited by Chester, 18th June 2015 at 04:41.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bstuart (17th June 2015), Cearna (18th June 2015), CeeTee9 (18th June 2015), grannyfranny (18th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks
    I guess "service to self" and "service to others" gets a whole other dimension here. If we all should be of service to others it should never be an obligation to pay for information on truth, yet once truth is out and disclosed and being done fair and sincere it is worth paying for and therefore well worth being of service to others (in that case to the truth teller). Or one could just donate for the efforts. Yet, pay-to-know is equal to "service to self" IMO

Nobody should starve for efforts of getting the truth out, yet, with the right mindset and use of Law of One it should be doable to get truth out without asking people for money in order to do so. All that people are willing to donate is a luxery and comodity. I don't put truth out, nor do I work, yet I also have bills...therefore, I need to be inventive in my own way in order to eat and pay bills, and I manage with some creativity. And I do not have a lot of money (at all) , nor do I have a paypal button, but I do help others for free,to be STO and because it feels good.

So, people stating that this is not a valid point of bstuart are merely thinking in terms of STS or very 3D. donations is a free choice, obligational paying for info is not! Conflict of interest is an understatement. IMO

Ps. what about a food donation button...at least no one will starve while working
    Last edited by Pebbles, 18th June 2015 at 01:44.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Cearna (18th June 2015), CeeTee9 (18th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), grannyfranny (18th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,007 Times in 1,526 Posts
    Pardon me for not understanding why some feel that the "laborer" is not worth their wages??? What difference is it if one asks for a donation or requests payment for a service? They are still asking for monetary assistance either way. When going to the doctors they are in service to others and we cannot pay by donation. They have a specific payment plan. It might seem that my pov is for monetary personal gain but it is not and completely understand why people ask for payment of service. The OP post uses a specific example...
    I think a better analogy is to imagine a scenario where Edward Snowden decided to charge reporters
    Why would payment affect laborers of truth?
    then you simply cannot charge money for it without raising some rather serious questions (conflict of interest, community division, etc).
    Again we have the right to either pay or not pay for a product or service. Even the spiritually enlightened profits, priests, medicine man, healers recieved payment.
    Last edited by mojo, 18th June 2015 at 04:04.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

Cearna (18th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), grannyfranny (18th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015), modwiz (18th June 2015)

In Memoriam United States
    Thanks
    Here is an interesting video. First half is about money

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWX5EobEokw

One participant is is a Project Avalon member with a website http://servantoftruth.org/ and a very interesting Youtube channel which is a fascinating mosaic of interesting interviews from multiple people.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWO...KCvkmXQ/videos

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

Chester (18th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)

Thanks
    Mojo, I think they are specifically speaking about "disclosure " related info only…

Services (healing, teaching,guidance etc) is request to receive something and is pay or compensation worthy.

Disclosure ( crimes against humanity, revealing technology unknown that has been kept classified and could have kept humanity from commiting crimes against this planet etc.) Is a noble cause carried out by brave individuals and puts their livelihood at risk for presenting said info is donation "can you help me feed my kids cause no one will employ me after I go public situation "

Now, I might be wrong but those are two separate sets of circumstances. I also view "disclosure" as not being entertainment, the cost for producing the platform to present the info is a valid consideration. But the "info" itself in it's entirety should be made available for all at no cost
    Last edited by JByas, 18th June 2015 at 21:23. Reason: elaborated a little further :)

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JByas For This Useful Post:

bstuart (18th June 2015), Cearna (18th June 2015), CeeTee9 (18th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), Joanna (18th June 2015), modwiz (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015), MrNiceGuy (18th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    mojo, set payments that lock out folk short on $ for information that helps humanity as a whole doesn't support (or come from) unity consciousness. Payments for products and services is a different issue, and many alternative and/or humanitarian practitioners (for example) work with sliding scales depending on a person's ability to pay, from high to free, which respects everyone and excludes no-one.
    Donations are based on a person's ability to pay - and their inclination/will to do so, which is why gifting can be a stepping stone into a more unified, caring collective. Of course, donations where feelings of obligation to pay are elicited do not fit that model! We still need to be aware, as there's plenty of psychological influencing going around.
    By way of example, a human rights charity phoned recently, asking me to be part of a human rights defenders taskforce...but the catch was, you had to give a fixed monthly donation to be part of the team. That felt like emotional manipulation (even if it wasn't intended that way) to part with $, so I asked them why I should have to pay money to be part of a 'team' supporting human rights? Why make one contingent on the other? Needless to say, I didn't join.
    Last edited by Joanna, 18th June 2015 at 09:23.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

bstuart (18th June 2015), Cearna (18th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
    I guess "service to self" and "service to others" gets a whole other dimension here. If we all should be of service to others it should never be an obligation to pay for information on truth, yet once truth is out and disclosed and being done fair and sincere it is worth paying for and therefore well worth being of service to others (in that case to the truth teller). Or one could just donate for the efforts. Yet, pay-to-know is equal to "service to self" IMO

Nobody should starve for efforts of getting the truth out, yet, with the right mindset and use of Law of One it should be doable to get truth out without asking people for money in order to do so. All that people are willing to donate is a luxery and comodity. I don't put truth out, nor do I work, yet I also have bills...therefore, I need to be inventive in my own way in order to eat and pay bills, and I manage with some creativity. And I do not have a lot of money (at all) , nor do I have a paypal button, but I do help others for free,to be STO and because it feels good.

So, people stating that this is not a valid point of bstuart are merely thinking in terms of STS or very 3D. donations is a free choice, obligational paying for info is not! Conflict of interest is an understatement. IMO

Ps. what about a food donation button...at least no one will starve while working

Pebbles, there's a step beyond the 'Service to Self v. Service to Others' model which the awakening community needs to understand - because when you view/think through STO/STS as an either/or, you are invoking dualism and giving/focusing your energy into the polarity 'game'. I used to 'think' that way too, until I felt deeply what Source is, what Love is, in my own being. Since then, I view through the lens of Service to Source/Love - or more than that, Being Love, from which energies of 'service' naturally arise.
    Once you make that your compass, the dualism of STO v. STS becomes irrelevant, and limiting, because you know that all energy given/sent in service to Source goes precisely where it is needed, at the right time, in the right way - for your own highest good and for the highest good of All. Makes things very simple.
    Be(a)ware of those who invoke the STO/STS divide, while saying they come from unity consciousness, and of channeled info and/or entities that promote STO/STS, in the name of Source/Creator/Unity. They are perpetuating the illusion of duality, when true growth is in wholeness, trusting yourself to flow with Source, and that your words, actions and energies will therefore bring through love, peace and harmony, wherever it is required.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joanna For This Useful Post:

bstuart (18th June 2015), CeeTee9 (18th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015), RealityCreation (18th June 2015), reno (18th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by mojo View Post
    Pardon me for not understanding why some feel that the "laborer" is not worth their wages???

Why would payment affect laborers of truth?
    Nice example using Snowden.

And Mojo...imagine this

"Hello World. This is Edward Snowden, I have super secret NSA (and whatever else) documents which affect countries and people globally. For just 4,99 a month you can start a beginners course on some (so just some) of this amazing information, potentially leading you up to masters course..."

If you heard that from him, how would it be resonating to you? What kind of vibration would you prescribe Snowden has?

I mean really, THINK, FEEL, WHATEVER....

Would you pay to read and hear about Snowden doc?
    Last edited by Tanta, 18th June 2015 at 10:38.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tanta For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2015), bstuart (18th June 2015), Cearna (19th June 2015), CeeTee9 (18th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), jcocks (29th June 2015), Joanna (19th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Tanta View Post
    Nice example using Snowden.
    To be exact here, as i stated in one of my other posts....

Snowden giving Greenwald all the info (as it was officially stated i believe) is giving Gleen a "monopoly over information". Something i greatly dislike. Ofc we do not know the full scope of the info neither who all has it or has seen it.

At the start the info was published in physical mediums which CHARGED to be read/viewed. That is "paying for their work" (to compile the info). But there was no warning from Snowden about prohibition to share that info in any manner or form anywhere else. No one had to pay to see the info. I know i did not. I did not subscribe to Guardian. I read Guardians online edition for free. Other sites also made sure of that it can be read for free. There were NO warnings about being persecuted to the full extent of federal law and such bla bla... (not that we care much here for US federal law)

Gleen also setup The Intercept later, which has a questionable financial backing, but there is no subscription to it, but it is (as far as i know) free to read. Yes it is far from a perfect situation.

You can also consider how it would be like if WikiLeaks charged for info...yes they do ask for donation money and sell tshirt and stuff...but they wont make an "exclusive info" only available to an "exclusive wallet" since if they do they will be torn apart and by by goes their CREDIBILITY....same goes for the alternative media researcher(s) (if he has any left)
    Last edited by Tanta, 18th June 2015 at 11:22. Reason: grammar, spelling, wording

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tanta For This Useful Post:

bstuart (18th June 2015), Cearna (19th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), Joanna (19th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    In America we have the church of Scientology. You have to shell out 50K just to get each level of teaching. And this country officially recognizes the organization as a religion. It also has it's own prisons and when they're out at sea.....rather lawless except for their own laws.

If you want to talk about amorally charging people for 'truth' we could go on for aeons.

It's said that spiritual gifts are to be shared freely. Many charge.

Shadowself has said more than once that she doesn't pay for any of her information. Although I suspect she's a good bit smarter than me, I think I can manage to find out quite a bit without paying. Donation buttons are not obligatory.

It's a good debate. I always check someone/thing out before I decide to donate in any way. I like to get past the initial emotions or excitement and then evaluate the substance.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

bstuart (18th June 2015), Cearna (18th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), Joanna (19th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015), pointessa (18th June 2015)

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks
    On second thought a pointless discussion

I guess the whole thing comes down to honesty and being genuine, Some people simply do need money and ask for donations at free will, which to me is a good and honest thing, cause when one is honest about their situation it is up to others whether to donate and if it feels ok to do so.
    Demanding money and for the (unverifiable) truth to be told, now, that is wrong!

I also tend to doubt people like that. However, after thinking about the whole situation, It is fair to say that we should not have any interest in knowing the disclosure details since the goal of all that: is to catch the bad guys and change the world. Therefore if it is about disclosure, sooner or later we will know it anyway as it is a goal for a better world. :unity:Which makes this whole discussion pointless. The truth will be clear as soon it has happened. All we need to do as "human slaves" to this planet is rising our vibration and being of STO in order to have success in this whole plan.
    Which was and is the initial message we've got for free. So that makes anything else futile.

Whether it is true or not, if we keep doing what we really need to do (being of STO and get our vibrations up) it will always be a win-win. So maybe we should stop putting the focus on wanting to know so badly what is not important for us to know anyway. :interview: As long this disclosure and truth happens and the bad guys will be catched and the world will change, it is all good.
    Besides, who wants to hear all the horror stories first hand anyway??
    It will come to an end or not...either way, it has nothing to do with us personally, yet the real message (STO) has everything to do with ourselves.

So, on second thought, the more we are busy waiting , wanting :interview:, arguing and longing for truth and disclosure ,

the less we will be busy with the real essence of our part in this whole thing .

So what if it is all a test??
    What if certain people need to be asking for money? as there are plenty of people that will only listen once they paid (very 3D) .
    The only goal is , to reach as many people as possible with the truth about the big picture. Details will come out then anyway.... So I guess we should stop the doubts , the arguments and the search for wrights and wrongs...and just trust the process and give it our own efforts, while the truth tellers are doing their jobs.....

Ps. When I thought about this, I felt relieved and stupid at the same time, for being so caught up again in this 3D trap of discussions and getting pulled out of the real goal, and that is how simpel and quick it happens....
    Last edited by Pebbles, 18th June 2015 at 13:13.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Cearna (19th June 2015), Chester (18th June 2015), Joanna (19th June 2015), mojo (18th June 2015)