Thread: Immigration, World Poverty and Gumballs update 2010

In Memoriam United States
    Thanks

Immigration, World Poverty and Gumballs update 2010

Food for thought on helping the poor

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

bsbray (26th May 2015), RealityCreation (25th May 2015), sandy (26th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Something 5 years old is hardly an update. This video is an anti-immigration peace and comes from a place of the USA being a benevolent country. Hos proposed solution is to stop immigration. Fairly useless video for addressing the real problems of gubmints.

It does a good job of showing how poor, in monetary terms, much of the world is.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

bsbray (26th May 2015), grannyfranny (26th May 2015)

Thanks
    Slow news days are hell on forum content.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

grannyfranny (26th May 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    Very graphic grannyfranny! Actually I was watching a very good documentary last night on Haiti & it was disheartening to see how little progress has been made since their devastating earthquake a few years ago. Until we have new systems in place it appears unlikely that many people will receive the help that they need to lift them out of the cycles of poverty.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

bsbray (26th May 2015), grannyfranny (26th May 2015), modwiz (25th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Good thread that shows how the suffering of the world cannot change until the global management systems are changed and money and materialism become a way of the past.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

bsbray (26th May 2015), grannyfranny (26th May 2015), modwiz (26th May 2015)

Thanks
    Modwiz, funny how we all have different perspectives. The USA has been the Economic Hitman, many youtubes are available including a full audio of John Perkins' book Confessions of An Economic Hitman. I hope that Putin, China and India do not act the same way the USA does with the proposed railroad linking their countries. Sure is a better idea than TPP the international corporations have.

RealityCreation, it is my understanding that the earthquake was caused by USA weather weapons. The purpose-to use Haiti for drug trade and money laundering. There was lots of speculation when it happened.

Sandy, I don't think all the needed changes will happen overnight but in stages as we become clearer on what kind of world we want.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

bsbray (26th May 2015), modwiz (26th May 2015), sandy (26th May 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by grannyfranny View Post
    Modwiz, funny how we all have different perspectives. The USA has been the Economic Hitman, many youtubes are available including a full audio of John Perkins' book Confessions of An Economic Hitman. I hope that Putin, China and India do not act the same way the USA does with the proposed railroad linking their countries. Sure is a better idea than TPP the international corporations have.

RealityCreation, it is my understanding that the earthquake was caused by USA weather weapons. The purpose-to use Haiti for drug trade and money laundering. There was lots of speculation when it happened.

Sandy, I don't think all the needed changes will happen overnight but in stages as we become clearer on what kind of world we want.
    The John Perkins book changes ones view of the USA forever. Once one knows their M.O. it is easy to track the BS and propaganda.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

bsbray (26th May 2015), grannyfranny (26th May 2015), sandy (26th May 2015)

Thanks
    Yes the M.O. is appalling and embarrassing. When I was much younger and got to travel the globe, one could be proud to be an American....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

bsbray (26th May 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by RealityCreation View Post
    Very graphic grannyfranny! Actually I was watching a very good documentary last night on Haiti & it was disheartening to see how little progress has been made since their devastating earthquake a few years ago.
    Yes, because what happened was a bunch of US companies offered to go "help" that country, and instead used it as an opportunity to go in and begin dominating the economics and politics of that country in order to further exploit it.

If you noticed starting a few years back, some nations struck by earthquakes started refusing aid from the US. Haiti is a reason why.

I'm on board with the guy in the video though. The solution to most problems in life seem to require that we look inside rather than somewhere outside of ourselves. This applies to countries just as well as it does people I suppose.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

sandy (26th May 2015)