Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch Vocalizations 4.0

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts

Sasquatch Vocalizations 4.0

On September 22, 2013, the members of TOT began a grand journey to uncover the mysteries of the Sasquatch people.
    Along the way, we found ourselves and much more.
    Yet in the end, the all too omnipresent human condition left its mark.

With the demise of Mike Paterson’s relationship with the cottage owner’s son and his woman, words were cast that darkened SV3’s intent.

While Mike is in the process of re-establishing his life and research prowess, and as the owner’s son marches off with a petulance rarely seen at TOT,
    we now venture forth, hand-in-hand, to break new ground with fresh attitudes – seeking far-flung vistas to explore and ponder.

So now with an open mind, big heart and forever strained eyeballs: Welcome to Sasquatch Vocalizations 4.0.

• while we have allowed SV3 to go dark,
    it’s always available in the 'unsolved mysteries; cryptids' area or through a site search (vocalizations),
    plus a ‘thread search’ to ponder past posts and data.
    Last edited by jimmer, 31st October 2015 at 14:55.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2015), Bob (29th May 2015), bobo (3rd June 2015), Chester (26th May 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), EarthSheriff (28th May 2015), Frances (26th May 2015), goldbugjoey (20th October 2015), Joanna (19th November 2015), jonsnow (26th May 2015), lift the veil (26th May 2015), modwiz (26th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), mokosh (27th May 2015), naochan (31st May 2015), Norvegicus (1st August 2015), sandancer (26th May 2015), sandy (26th May 2015), The One (26th May 2015), Trichakra (20th August 2016), yobear (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    here's an incredible 'conversation' between at least two forest entities. (sasquatch?)
    it's brief, yet quite tasty.
    what a get.

Published on Jun 19, 2012
    A Southern Illinois Film Student captured these sounds of two or three massive creatures
    howling in the night while recording sounds of the forest for a short documentary.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2015), bobo (3rd June 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), EarthSheriff (28th May 2015), Frances (26th May 2015), goldbugjoey (20th October 2015), lift the veil (26th May 2015), modwiz (26th May 2015), sandancer (26th May 2015), sandy (26th May 2015), The One (26th May 2015), yobear (28th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I thought it would be nice to transfer T.T.'s introductory story, for those of you who may have missed it.
    file this under: what's old is new, if you never knew it.

Hello fellow travelers! I've been following this thread along with Mike's habituation videos for a while now. I was thrilled to find this board, as there are few people I can converse with in my life in meaningful ways about the goings on of Sasquatch Ontario (I get a lot of raised eyebrows and people slowly backing away from my vicinity). I was inspired to become a member of TOT when Jimmer issued an invitation for everyone to submit questions for Mike - but it looks like I'm too late to get my question approved (which is totally okay because you guys rocked the scope of thoughtful and relevant questions). I'll include it here anyway: My question is: Mike used to refer to Sasquatch as 'people' and it seems like he's moved away from that word - now refers to them as multi or inner-dimensional 'beings.' Why has Mike shifted away from the word 'people' to 'beings' - is it because of the invisibility aspect or is his research leading him away from the people theory for other reasons?

I've been fascinated with Sasquatch since I was a little girl. Although my idea of what/who Sasquatch is has completely evolved as I've followed Mike's research, it took me a while to fully believe their multi-dimensional/highly evolved spiritual nature (most of it is getting out of my head and moving into my heart - my head cannot and sometimes does not want to understand, my heart can and yearns to know the truth). Now that I'm a believer and more open-hearted/minded, I try to open my heart to our forest friends - not just when I'm in nature, but always. One of my favorite activities is to drive to the Central/Southern Utah desert and dig for rocks and gemstones. During my last trip about a month ago, I was looking for white topaz to make into some jewelry. The previous night I had watched several of Mike's videos and had Nephatia on the brain. His voice - the sound of his laugh - when he makes Mike laugh - it all makes my heart burst with joy. So as I entered the desert, I asked in my heart for the Sasquatch beings to protect me.

I was walking to the north along a dirt trail, the sun was shining and I seemed to be the only human being in the desert that morning. Bluebird sky, light breeze, feeling so completely happy to be alive on this joyous day. Suddenly (I mean suddenly - like a fraction of a nano-second) I'm on another trail facing west, looking at the north-facing trail I was just walking on. It was as if I had been put under anesthesia and woke up. I could distinctly remember walking on that trail - and now - I'm on this trail staring at the trail I was just on. I don't remember how I seemed to move from one trail to an entirely different trail in the blink of an eye. I felt super confused and my heart was beating out of my chest. The more I realized what had happened, the more frightened I got. Suddenly I "see" a picture of Sasquatch in my mind: she seemed feminine to me, she was laughing...I got the impression that she was playing with me. She told me (in my mind) to look down, and there resting gently in a small mound of sand at my feet, was the most beautiful faceted white topaz I've ever found in my years of digging around the desert for stones. My delight at finding the stone suppressed my fear and complete confusion of being taken off my path. I could still see her giggling in my mind. I told her in my mind, "Oh my goodness - thank you! Thank you for this precious gift! But YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME! I'm all alone out here. Please be gentle. That really scared me." After that, no more games, just another day in the desert. I'm planning to make a special piece of jewelry from my piece of white topaz.

Finally, I just want to say how grateful I am that I found this thread. The level of open-mindedness, positive vibes and community spirit has made me feel welcomed even though I've been a mere lurker. I've been struggling with the 'now what' aspect of this whole adventure: what do the Sasquatch want us to do with this information as Mike and others pass it on? Living in the light, honoring Mother Earth, opening our hearts to other dimensions and beings...feeling and honoring our overall connection. But how do we act on this information? How can we help? Also - a HUGE thanks to Mike/The Cottage Owner for sharing their experiences - and heartfelt thanks to Mike for offering to answer questions for us on this board. Mike - you have no idea - you and Nephatia have changed my life. The way I view the world, the way I look at myself - thank you for this opportunity to grow/evolve. Forever grateful.

Cheers!
    T.T.

in response to several questions, this epic reply:

This particular area of Utah was one of my Dad's favorite places on the planet, so I try to make the trek yearly around the anniversary of his death. We share a strong connection to the desert landscape, not to mention the solitude. It's where I feel most spiritually awake. So when I set out that morning, I was on familiar ground. Although I had driven in to that area many times by myself, I'd never made the trip this early in the season and this early in the day. So I had diligently prepared by packing enough provisions to last me for a week, although I only planned to be in the desert for the day. As I headed toward my usual rock hounding area, I realized that the ground was still wet from winter and I had gone too far (you really need a 4-wheel drive vehicle for this stretch, I have a compact car that rides pretty low to the ground). I realized too late - my car became high-centered on a rock and my front tires stuck in the mud. I hadn't passed anyone for miles coming in, and I had no cell signal. The nearest gas station/sign of life is about 30 miles away. And of course I had remembered everything just in case something like this happened - except for a shovel. So I tried rocking the car with my body weight, nothing. Lifting the car off the rock (ha! impossible!), nothing. Turning my wheels in different directions. Tried digging with my hands until they became raw. I was making the situation worse. I looked around, hoping to see some sort of sign that I wasn't totally alone in the desert...nope, I was totally alone in the desert!

As I mentioned in my first post, I had been watching Mike's videos the night before and couldn't stop thinking about Nephatia and the Sasquatch beings. I said a prayer to whoever was listening - my Dad - my guides - my Sasquatch friends - for clarity on what to do. Walk the 30 miles? Set up camp and wait it out? The weird thing I remember most about this situation was feeling completely at peace. I wasn't scared, worried, freaking out. In fact a part of me - a deeper part of me that I'm still trying to connect with today - knew that I wasn't alone, knew that I was totally safe. I was surrounded by loving beings that were making sure I was protected (just as I had asked). I was surprised with myself that I didn't emotionally break down. It was a weird sense of ultra calm. 20 minutes passed after my prayer and I heard a rumbling. One of the sweetest sounds ever! Soon enough I flagged down a truck with a couple of Dads who had spent the night in the desert with their sons. "What in the world are you doing all by yourself in the middle of nowhere, darlin'?" I laughed. My rescue was swift - it took the guys about 10 minutes to dig/push me out. I loved the expressions on their little boys' faces as their Dads saved the dumb damsel in distress.

So once my car was freed, I made sure I parked it in a place I could get out. I started to feel the pain in my body from trying to dig out and move/lift my car. My muscles were shaking but my mind felt like I had just consumed a gallon of coffee. Buzzing! I thanked my angels, Dad, guides, the Sasquatch - whoever played a role in sending those guys to me right in time. There was no way I could have gotten out of there without them. As I set out on the trail I was in a meditative state of gratitude. And so I had no idea what time it was, just that it was morning and I could see my destination in front of me (a familiar landmark that always makes me realize I am in my desert home!). It must not have been an hour after I had started to walk toward this area, that the time shift/zap experience happened.

I remember looking up, seeing the landmark in the distance, and then - zap - now on a different trail, facing the direction of the trail I used to be on, landmark is now positioned totally differently. The only feeling I can equate with it is going under anesthesia and then waking up. That feeling of a foggy head, the feeling that something happened but I don't know what, the feeling that time had lapsed. I sat down because I started to feel light-headed and completely disoriented. I kept looking at the landmark, and then looking at the trail I was just on. Heart is racing, but I can't feel the pain surging through my body anymore. The physicality of my body feels completely numb. I don't know if it's the sheer adrenaline of fear, but all I feel emotionally is confusion and fear. I start to wonder if I had some sort of black-out seizure (which I've never experienced) or some other medical-related situation that made me black out and wander to another trail. In my 40 years of life, nothing like this has ever happened to me. But my brain desperately wanted to make sense of it, assign a clear reason as to how this happened. The trail from where I was to where I found myself was about 150 feet apart. When I started to try to rationalize how it happened was the moment I got the Sasquatch visual in my mind.

I have a strong instinctual nature - some friends say I'm 'psychic' - but this gift is something I'm still developing and learning to trust. Sometimes it scares me, other times it makes me feel a little bonkers. I've been working with spiritual mentors to learn how to trust my instincts/visions and not be afraid of them. So when the Sasquatch entered my mind, it wasn't a new sensation (although the image of Sas has never before entered my mind - it's usually someone who has passed or some kind of imagery/vision). I could just see her upper body/shoulders/head, and she was laughing. The funny thing was that she was covering her mouth with her hand, like she didn't want me to see that she was laughing AT me but she was clearly laughing at me. I was filled with a sense of playfulness, light-heartedness, which was an opposite state from being terrified, confused and completely disoriented. In fact I started laughing out loud - and said "WAS THAT YOU?!!!" She started laughing harder. That's when she told me to look down. The way this topaz was positioned at my feet, and the way the sun was catching the facets, it was a pretty amazing sight. I knew immediately it was 'planted' for me to find - it was too perfect to just be sitting there on top of a mound of sand, right at my toes. When I saw the topaz, I was shocked, delighted, shocked some more. I thanked the Sas profusely - told her that she scared me and asked her to be gentle with me since I was alone - and as quickly as she entered my 'field' - she was seemingly gone.

I let some time pass as I sat on that trail, gathering my faculties. I looked at the position of the sun, looked at my cell phone to see if I could determine the timing of it all - but because I hadn't tracked the time to begin with, and I was in a mental funk, I couldn't say. After more time passed the life seemed to fill my body again (kind of like your limb feels after it's been cut off from lack of blood circulation and the blood starts to pump back through). I started to feel the aches in my bones/muscles and just felt wiped out. I ended up heading back to my car, still shaken from the black-out experience, and not wanting to stray too far away just in case it happened again. I'd say the whole experience - from setting off on the trail to heading back to my car - was about 3 hours. Although it felt like 30 minutes total - again - that feeling of going under anesthesia, you were out for 8 hours and it felt like you were sleeping for 10 minutes. That unsettling feeling of knowing you were unconscious while something happened that you weren't fully aware of.

People ask in these situations why didn't you take pictures? Why didn't you a, b and c? Did you x and y? Well, when fear is surging through your blood your only viable response is to fight or flee. Your body goes into a weird preservation mode and you really can't do anything else that isn't related to fighting or fleeing. Once I got back to my car, I felt parched (my mouth and throat were soooo dry) and I think I spent 20 minutes straight emptying my bladder. It's like everything shut off and was now powering back up. I'm still processing the details of that day. I realize now that you don't need to "hunt" for Sasquatch. They are always with us, a request or thought away. And as Mike has said, they seem to know where our fear limits lie - this Sasquatch played with me enough to give me a jolt, but she didn't take it too far. And when I asked her to back off, she did, completely.

I think I'm sensitive to her presence/Sasquatch because of my lifelong connection with all things wild - I'm drawn to nature and crave it when I've been too absorbed in city life. It's where I connect with the Universe. In retrospect, I realize Sasquatch might have been with me before. A few years ago I was camping in a wilderness area in Eastern Utah and my friends were soaking in a nearby river. I stayed back at camp to nap. The whole time I felt like I was on display - like someone was watching me. I wondered who would want to watch me nap?! I couldn't shake the feeling. Very unsettling. Weeks later, I was scrolling through pictures I took of the trip and noticed a lot of orbs, some seemed to be in motion. We hadn't made a campfire, it was daylight and the weather was lovely and calm. I've done a lot of camping and I'm a photographer, but I couldn't explain the orbs. I hadn't stumbled upon Sasquatch Ontario yet, but now I realize the orbs might be related to our Forest Friends. I'll have to go back and look at them again, now that I know what I'm looking for (which, in essence, it's what you're NOT looking for as we've experienced with Mike's videos).

Thank you for indulging me with my novella! It's a lot to take in. I question myself often - was that REAL? My brain so desperately wants to take over and rationalize the situation. But I know in my heart what I experienced, and my heart tells me to trust: my heart knows. We all know. We just need to push our brains aside and just BE. Feel. The ultimate lesson I take away from this is that we need to take life less seriously. We need to play, to laugh. When we're in the thick of an ugly situation, and we immediately want to go into stress mode, look within. Be still. Ask for help. The answers will come.

as I recall, T.T. found this gift on one of her visits to her favorite place.

Last edited by jimmer, 26th May 2015 at 19:37.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2015), bobo (3rd June 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), EarthSheriff (14th December 2015), Frances (26th May 2015), goldbugjoey (26th September 2015), jonsnow (27th May 2015), lift the veil (26th May 2015), modwiz (26th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (26th May 2015), The One (26th May 2015), yobear (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    I just came across a Sasquatch researcher, Shel Kaoke Dion, from central Illioinis who has had some dogman sightings as well. A Sasqutch valiantly saved her daughter from a dogman during a confrontation. Check it out on my post here on the Dogman thread where she talks about that incident as well as others in an interview. http://jandeane81.com/threads/6184-L...#post841926591

Anyway, Shel has a facebook page which pertains to her Sasquatch research called, Treepeekers, here https://www.facebook.com/TreepeekersDuo . Here are some photos from the site to wet your whistle.

Last edited by lift the veil, 26th May 2015 at 18:55.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2015), bobo (3rd June 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (26th May 2015), goldbugjoey (26th September 2015), jimmer (26th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (26th May 2015), The One (26th May 2015), yobear (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    eastern arizona is the mogollon rim, dearly departed mitch waite's ol' stomping grounds.
    jc johnson covers that region, as well.
    sasquatch in arizona.
    funny.
    they're everywhere.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (26th May 2015), goldbugjoey (21st October 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015), The One (26th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 325 Posts
    http://redelkspeaks.com/

a shaman view

Friends what you’re going to read may be quite extensive. Please bear with me. Many people today are interested in Bigfoot/Sasquatch. I’ve decided to write this for the public for the benefit of the species and for mankind. We are going to hear more and more about Sasquatch…. I want you all the understand that these beings are not animals. THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS LIKE WE OURSELVES ARE. They have their own houses to live and stay in, and they have their own areas. They too have a language just like you have yours. Jen-U. That’s what they call themselves just like you or I call ourselves White Americans or what not. I hope to get more language knowledge in time.

I have planned on going to an area in Saskatchewan (Canada) where a small group lives but my health and finances have negated that. I am now planning on going to a closer area where a small group live. Miles away from there, on a mountain, there’s a whole group that would make up what we would call a small village. That’s on the Colville reservation. The Indians hunt there in daylight only. They get off that mountain at dusk and they don’t go on that mountain until the sun has firmly set in. I know of a cave there that’s a burial ground for a young child and an older female. They are not related. The cave is blocked by large boulders. That’s their normal burying way. That particular mountain I don’t think I’ll be able to get to. But there is a group of at least 3 that is 300 yards from the first spot that I can get to. I just hope that they are still there. With luck, I and the 2 or 3 that will go with me will try to make contact. It will only be a 3 day run so it will take a lot of luck. We’re crossing our fingers.

I worry about my Bigfoot brothers and sisters…I am concerned for their existence…
    There are two different types of Bigfoot in North and South America. Some are bad (mean), most are not. All rather interestingly talk to each other in their own tongue. Hoots, hollers and scary noises are there to frighten you away. They are just noises. A Bigfoot can run you down in 3 steps if they really wanted to. They are not trying to hurt anyone. Please excuse my language but they are simply saying “Get the Hell out of here! You are intruding on my property!”
    We of the so called civilized world have boundaries such as a house is a boundary. They aren’t trying to hurt you, they just want you to get away. They are no different than you or me fighting for their rights as you or I fight for our own.

Friends before closing off this section on Bigfoot, I’d like to share a few of my own experiences with Bigfoot. It was Christmas time and a young couple wanted to go hunt for Christmas trees. I took them out into the woods, a 180 acres of fir trees, etc…Before I brought them out I went to have a look out on my own. In so doing I followed a well trodden game trail, and paid a lot of attention to everything around me. I did find a tree. The next morning they came up. It had rained a little bit through that night. As we were heading to the back of the land, low and behold where I had walked before was a big Sasquatch footprint. It was 20″ long maybe 22″ , and very wide maybe 5 -7″ wide across the toe area. On the left and right was a steep hillside making the path like a muddy bridge. On the steep hillside to the left his foot slipped in the path. He then planted his foot solidly in the path, crossed his legs over and continued down the other hillside. That’s the closest that I’ve personally been to them that I am aware of. It made the hair on our arms stand up! It was big! We did get the tree and made it back home safe and sound. On a number of occasions I’ve heard knocking approx 2:30am to 3am in the morning. That and the footprint are the only encounters that I’ve had with Bigfoot.

My brother in law was working in the woods. He arrived on site to the logging site before everyone else one morning. It was foggy, on the cold side. That kind of fog. Both were looking off to the right out over a large open area. Looking at the stumps, their eyes went to this one unusual stump and then the stump stood up and walked away on two legs. It was enormous. They thought they were looking at a tree stump but it was a Sasquatch looking at them and it was fairly close. They immediately drove back down the logging road, met their boss coming up the road to go to work and they quit.

In my experience there are definitely 2 types of Bigfoot. One is the main one I’ve been talking about. The one most people look for. Number 2 is beyond a doubt and definitely alien. The difference between the two is the alien one is more flexible in its arms, neck, and shoulders. It is also thinner. It can turn its head on its shoulders like you or I can. The standard one needs to turn its torso to move its head. There is a possibility of yet a third type. I am not that sure of this one but the possibility is certainly there. More alien like than our standard. Even taller and bigger. This one possibility is definitely if it exists demonic. That’s it folks.. I’ll write no more on the subject. I leave it up to you. Remember though the first two can most definitely speak a language. And it’s possible that the third if it exists has a language as well. That’s the end of my knowledge. I’d hate to see ours die or get killed. Do what you want with the alien or demonic ones. Please good luck, do not shoot. It’s like going next door and killing the family that lives there. The ones that live next door.

P.S. The bait we will be using is apples, oranges, and eggs hung very high in the tree. We will be using music, drums, and native flutes as well as tree knocking.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2015), bobo (3rd June 2015), boja (27th May 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), ERK (26th May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), goldbugjoey (21st October 2015), jimmer (26th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015), The One (8th June 2015), yobear (28th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    choice find, johsnow.
    keep 'em coming...Jen-U. nice.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), goldbugjoey (21st October 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    jammer I know more interested even have a report about them read book about them to once not really my topic though

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), goldbugjoey (21st October 2015), jimmer (26th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    so, a sasquatch walks into a bar and...

here's a fellow who turned on his camcorder to catch some unassuming wildlife.
    then he walked away...

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

BGPennell (5th July 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), EarthSheriff (14th December 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), goldbugjoey (21st October 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Abominable Snowmen

In this book, Ivan T. Sanderson summarizes current world evidence regarding ABSMs (abominable snowmen), drawing from records and reports that are world-wide in scope and cover a broad period of time. For completeness he discusses all prevailing views, both pro and con, ranging from highly plausible accounts to reports that border on the absurd. The result is as thorough an evaluation of all known ABSM sightings as could possibly be compiled at this time

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Abominable-S...an+t+sanderson

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), goldbugjoey (26th September 2015), jimmer (26th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    Here is quaint interview with an experiencer, Connie Gwinnup, who has had many years worth of face to face encounters with the Sasquatch. She lives in Iowa and has developed friendships with many of the Sasquatch, including making pancakes for them. She says some of the older individuals speak to her. One cute story is of her husband's beer coming up missing and he thought it was the grand-kids sneaking off with some of his beer. Her husband had later died and one of the Sasquatch elders approached her and had asked for some, "spirit water," so that is when she figured out is was the Sasquatch taking her husband's beer.

She also talks about how she was close to one at night and noticed that he had two sets of eyelids (one set horizontal and another set vertical) and his pupils looked more cat-like. Hmmm... that is interesting

But she also discusses how they were all very different looking. Some look more human, while others are more ape like and they come in all different colors. And as for size, one was big enough to carry off one of her Angus cows and another was taller than 14-16 foot corn.

She considers many of them her friends and neighbors. But she thinks there may also be a rogue in the area that has done some not so nice things. She shares some other interesting stuff, and she is quite the fire-cracker.

Here is the link to the interview.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sasquat...connie-gwinnup
    Last edited by lift the veil, 28th May 2015 at 12:16.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), goldbugjoey (26th September 2015), jimmer (26th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Abominable Snowmen
    Ivan T. Sanderson

The unofficial sequence I take from an extraordinary book only recently published by a Mr. John
    Keel entitled Jadoo. This is the more startling in that it even mentions an incident apparently lost
    and certainly forgotten over half a century before, yet states that the information therein given was
    obtained firsthand. The author states that he met in 1957 in Darjeeling a retired Indian soldier
    named Bombahadur Chetri, who claimed that he was among the party that killed this creature, and
    that he personally examined it. He is also alleged to have said that it was about 10 feet tall, covered
    with hair but for a naked face, and that it had "long yellow fangs." Further, Mr. Keel says that
    Bombahadur Chetri told him that the carcass had been packed in ice and shipped to this same Sir
    Charles Bell, but that he did not hear anything further of it. Nor, apparently, did Mr. Keel; and nor
    have I, though I have spent a lot more time and energy than the item might seem to warrant in a
    fruitless endeavor to trace further reports, official or otherwise
    Last edited by jonsnow, 26th May 2015 at 22:43.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), goldbugjoey (21st October 2015), jimmer (26th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Jacko, however, is not just an isolated imp that suddenly appeared upon the scene and then
    disappeared. Before his capture either he or one of his species had been reported from the same area
    by Mr. Alexander Caulfield Anderson, a well-known explorer and an executive of the Hudson's Bay
    Company, who was doing a "survey" of the newly opened territory and seeking a feasible trade
    route through it for his company. He reported just such hairy humanoids as having hurled rocks
    down upon him and his surveying party from more than one slope. That was in 1864. Many years
    later, Mr. J. W. Burns (now retired and living in San Francisco) who had devoted a
    [p. 30]
    lifetime to the study of this business, unearthed an old Amerindian woman from Port Douglas at the
    head of Harrison Lake (see Map II) who alleged, and brought some seconders to confirm, that she
    had been kidnapped by one of these creatures in the year 1871, kept by it for a year, but finally
    returned by it to her tribal homestead because she "aggravated it so much" (though, she said, it had
    treated her with every consideration) . This old lady died in 1940 at the age of 86. When abducted
    she was 17 years old and was, she stated, forced to swim the Harrison River by the ABSM and then
    carried by him to a rock shelter where its aged parents dwelt. This account comes from Mr. Burns
    who had for years enjoyed the confidence of this retiring Amerind. It has been embellished in
    various ways by others to the effects that the girl had rosin plastered over her eyes by the creature;
    that she became pregnant by it; and that she subsequently gave birth to a half-breed that either was
    stillborn, died shortly after birth, or is still hidden by her people from the eyes of the white man.
    She never said any of these things to Mr. Burns but adhered to her straightforward story till her
    death. Nor is this woman's story unique. All the Amerinds of southern British Columbia Washington
    State, Oregon, parts of Idaho, and the Yuroks and the Huppas of northern California not only have
    similar tales to tell but a history of these creatures so complete and extensive that it would take a
    volume to tell in itself. The poor Amerinds have always been and still are regarded by Americans
    and Canadians as "natives," which indeed they are, but in the same light as the British used to
    regard the inhabitants of all countries other than their own or at least beyond the confines of western
    Europe. The stories told by, and the traditions of, Amerinds are not, therefore, regarded as of much
    worth or reliability. Nonetheless and despite the fact that these peoples did not previously write and
    have had even today little if any contact among themselves over any distance, their reports upon
    these local ABSMs are absolutely the same all the way from the Mackenzie Range of Alaska
    through the Yukon and British Columbia, down through Washington and Oregon to California, and
    back to
    [p. 31]
    the western flank of the Rockies in Idaho. There are traditions and folk-tales spread over an even
    wider area among these people, but this is another matter. I am here speaking of perfectly
    straightforward, up-to-date accounts of encounters with such creatures that have been made by them
    ever since the white man first got to speak with them and which have come in from one source or
    another annually every year since the capture of Jacko. I will interject some of these as I go along.
    Before doing so, however, I must put on record that I do not share the old British or what seems to
    be the current American opinion of "natives" and never have. Further, as a working reporter, having
    now been privileged to travel extensively throughout just the five continents with which we are
    concerned in this story, I would state that I find the so-called "native" in some respects on the whole
    more reliable than the foreigner, and the white foreigner in particular. First, they seem to me to
    know their country better; secondly, those of them that are country folk are almost invariably
    consummate naturalists and know their local fauna inside out (and much better than we do); third, if
    they like you and feel that you are not going to laugh at everything they say, they are very pragmatic
    and are willing to tell you, straight, what is what in their opinion; fourth, provided one appreciates
    the very basic fact that to many non-Europeans there is a nonmaterial world that is just as real as the
    material one, one can readily distinguish between stories of one and the other, and may even
    without giving offense ask the teller to which category any story belongs. When my job was
    collecting animals for scientific institutions in out of the way parts of the world--a profession I
    pursued for two decades--I always asked the natives for information on their local fauna. While all
    people may display, and often do so, lapses or gaps in their knowledge, and so just do not know an
    animal that has always been right under their noses, what they do tell has, I have found, invariably
    turned out to be the truth. More than this, some peoples, such as the Mayas of Yucatan, are
    absolutely incredible "taxonomists" in that they differentiate, and have names for every type of
    animal, so that in one case I found out after long and patient
    [p. 32]
    recording phonetically that they even had the spiders of their country classified, all in just the same
    way as does our modern zoology. Then finally, I would also put on record that I have a particular
    respect for the nonprofessional American "Indian" as he is so incorrectly and lugubriously called.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

bobo (3rd June 2015), Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), goldbugjoey (21st October 2015), jimmer (27th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    thanks jonsnow.
    I assume those excerpts are from Ivan Sanderson's book.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), jonsnow (27th May 2015), mojo (26th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    this is interesting.

MK examines a tuft of suspect hair.

what he finds is ultra-odd.

and he's got a theory...

Last edited by jimmer, 5th June 2015 at 22:55.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Ciauzar (31st May 2015), Frances (27th May 2015), jonsnow (27th May 2015), mojo (28th May 2015), sandancer (27th May 2015)