Thread: A+ for Creative Thinking

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 635 Posts

A+ for Creative Thinking

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2015), bacchus (23rd May 2015), bsbray (22nd May 2015), Cearna (23rd May 2015), Ciauzar (22nd May 2015), DeeZe (23rd May 2015), Frances (22nd May 2015), grannyfranny (22nd May 2015), jimmer (22nd May 2015), sandancer (23rd May 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I'd like to know what kind of class teaches this big jumbled assembly of stuff.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2015), Cearna (23rd May 2015), Ciauzar (22nd May 2015), jimmer (22nd May 2015), sandy (22nd May 2015), shamanseeker (25th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 1,410 Posts
    It's probably one of those new "Common Core" assessment tests.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Church For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2015), bsbray (22nd May 2015), Cearna (23rd May 2015), Ciauzar (22nd May 2015), DeeZe (23rd May 2015), shamanseeker (25th May 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    This looks like a string of jokes to me. Some are familiar. Perhaps it could also have a presence on the giggle-a-day thread.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2015), bsbray (22nd May 2015), Cearna (23rd May 2015), Ciauzar (22nd May 2015), DeeZe (23rd May 2015), sandancer (23rd May 2015), shamanseeker (25th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    It is one of those checking for Genius tests ......... IE., How many dead are there in a graveyard that is 30feet x 100 feet and allots 10 feet per grave?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd May 2015), bsbray (22nd May 2015), Cearna (23rd May 2015), Ciauzar (22nd May 2015), DeeZe (23rd May 2015), shamanseeker (25th May 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    That sounds like a question from a genius test for mass-murderers.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd May 2015), Cearna (23rd May 2015), Ciauzar (22nd May 2015), DeeZe (23rd May 2015), sandy (24th May 2015), shamanseeker (25th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts
    I like this one here-below better, actually...

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant thereof.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people generally do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you", and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore extinct . . . leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being, which explains why last night Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God!"

This student received the only A+.

Last edited by Aragorn, 23rd May 2015 at 09:32.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (23rd May 2015), Cearna (23rd May 2015), Ciauzar (23rd May 2015), citsym (24th May 2015), DeeZe (23rd May 2015), Dreamtimer (23rd May 2015), RealityCreation (23rd May 2015), sandancer (23rd May 2015), sandy (24th May 2015), Sebastion (23rd May 2015), shamanseeker (25th May 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I like this one here-below better, actually...

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant thereof.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people generally do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you", and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore extinct . . . leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being, which explains why last night Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God!"

This student received the only A+.

Hilarious, gonna share this one, ThAnKs!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeeZe For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd May 2015), Cearna (24th May 2015), sandy (24th May 2015), shamanseeker (25th May 2015)