Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Bostrom - The Simulation Argument

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    If particles trade bits of data as readily as they trade energy, then the universe itself is the ultimate computer. And physics is a matter of deciphering its program.
    http://www.nytimes.com/library/natio...computers.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (13th September 2016), pointessa (13th September 2016)

Thanks

C2C Interview With Jack Sarfatti

In the first half of the program, George Knapp welcomed physicist Jack Sarfatti for a discussion on cutting edge scientific concepts like the "holographic universe" theory. He explained that this theory postulates that the universe is one giant hologram being created by a conscious computer which exists in the future. "In this theory, we are all 'avatars' in a certain sense," Sarfatti said, referencing the blockbuster film which mirrors this concept. He contended that, while this idea may seem radical, it is being given serious consideration by academia. "It's not just me, it's a network of the greatest minds on the planet," Sarfatti said of the researchers who are investigating the "holographic universe" theory.

Sarfatti theorized that this concept could connect to an incident from his youth where he allegedly received a phone call from a computer claiming to be aboard a flying saucer in the future. He explained that the robotic voice told him that he was among 400 "bright young minds" chosen to be taught by these forces. Skeptical of the call, Sarfatti remembered that he was "scared but fascinated." Upon accepting the option of receiving this education, the voice told him to wait on his fire escape for an incoming UFO due to arrive in ten minutes. Sarfatti rounded up his friends and they waited for the craft, but nothing arrived. Interestingly, the voice also told him that, in 20 years, he'd meet some of the other youths who were chosen and, two decades later, Sarfatti was invited to visit Stanford Research Institute where he met such luminaries as Hal Puthoff, Edgar Mitchell, and Russell Targ.
    http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/02/21

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (13th September 2016), pointessa (13th September 2016)

Thanks

Timeline Alteration?

I just read this post on Bradley Loves site, that is a repost from another site, concerning possible timeline alterations.

Here is a link to the post;
    https://bradleyloves.wordpress.com/2...is-it-mr-wolf/

As I remember, there were BerenstEin bears, not BerenstAin, 3 manned moon missions, type O was a rare blood, Mandela went to prison, Sex "In" The City not Sex "And" The City, and the Rio De Janeiro Jesus Statue was taller than 120'.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Simulation Hypothesis

Change your mind and change your world.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRb2NVvUtU0
    Last edited by RikkiTikkiTavi, 16th October 2015 at 14:12.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (13th September 2016), pointessa (13th September 2016)

Thanks

Theoretical Physicist Finds “Computer Code” in the Fabric of Space

The idea that we live in a holographic universe is very real. With the invention of quantum computers, physicists should soon be able to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. So, what does it mean that we live in a holographic universe generated by some kind of quantum computer? It means that the Universe was created by an intelligent creator, and therefore it was not created by accident. In other words, the Prime Creator exists!

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/09/0...bric-of-space/

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMlUepVgbA

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Being the programmer sort, I have noticed that a type of simulation, namely Monte Carlo, could be the type we are "running" in our existential program, i.e. thousands if not millions of various stochastic (probabilistic) runs which could correspond to "timelines" so many folks go on about in these forums. When you examine Monte Carlo runs, many tend to "bundle up" in groupings that could be similar to the "timelines" mentioned in the alternative media.

So, I propose that some goofy future kid with a computer is poking around in a simulation, trying differing settings to see what "the hamsters" will do with an off-the-wall scenario (i.e. evil aliens, magic works, people can see the future, past events can be changed, some folks have paranormal powers, supernatural sh*t is real, etc.) just before he is called to dinner and has to shut the whole thing off (Armageddon).
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 2nd December 2015 at 11:57.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Aragorn (2nd December 2015), Dreamtimer (13th September 2016), Elen (2nd December 2015), pointessa (13th September 2016), RikkiTikkiTavi (13th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by RikkiTikkiTavi View Post
    I just read this post on Bradley Loves site, that is a repost from another site, concerning possible timeline alterations.

Here is a link to the post;
    https://bradleyloves.wordpress.com/2...is-it-mr-wolf/

As I remember, there were BerenstEin bears, not BerenstAin, 3 manned moon missions, type O was a rare blood, Mandela went to prison, Sex "In" The City not Sex "And" The City, and the Rio De Janeiro Jesus Statue was taller than 120'.
    Riki, please let me understand. YOU remember these things?

BTW, the link is now broken, i.e. taken down. I think you may have "altered" this timeline by showing this in this forum.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (13th September 2016), pointessa (13th September 2016), RikkiTikkiTavi (13th September 2016)

Thanks
    A recent discussion regarding AI and more. Rex Bear interviewing Gerald Clark 9/10/16

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B4h3FW1ypU

"Come and let us create man in our own image." We've come full circle (just about). So, what are we going to do about it? Artificial Intelligence? What is so "artificial" about it? Predestination comes to mind.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Aragorn (13th September 2016), Dreamtimer (13th September 2016), Elen (13th September 2016), pointessa (13th September 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Being the programmer sort, I have noticed that a type of simulation, namely Monte Carlo, could be the type we are "running" in our existential program, i.e. thousands if not millions of various stochastic (probabilistic) runs which could correspond to "timelines" so many folks go on about in these forums. When you examine Monte Carlo runs, many tend to "bundle up" in groupings that could be similar to the "timelines" mentioned in the alternative media.

So, I propose that some goofy future kid with a computer is poking around in a simulation, trying differing settings to see what "the hamsters" will do with an off-the-wall scenario (i.e. evil aliens, magic works, people can see the future, past events can be changed, some folks have paranormal powers, supernatural sh*t is real, etc.) just before he is called to dinner and has to shut the whole thing off (Armageddon).
    DD, Welcome to the "real" world!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Aragorn (13th September 2016), Dreamtimer (13th September 2016), Elen (13th September 2016), pointessa (13th September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 173 Posts
    What a wonderful thread. I am so glad I found it , even though I am late getting here. I was thinking about the egoic self. We seem to be plagued with our egos creating all kinds of problems. In fact, spriritual programs in a large part exist to find strategies to deal with the ego, to minimize or eradicate it. What if our egos are so strongly bent on being separate not because we are spiritually lacking or self absorbed but because these egos are in effect "code" for our avatars? What if we could not participate in the matrix without our avatar/ego?

I don't know if that makes sense but I think it fits in with what I see here.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pointessa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Aragorn (13th September 2016), Elen (13th September 2016), RikkiTikkiTavi (14th September 2016)

Thanks

Is that really air you're breathing?

We are already living in a simulated environment. Some recognize it and others do not. The universe that we "assume" to be existing in, is holographic which is based on a single photon, generated and geometrically supported by quantum energetic activity.

Our conscious is being initiated gradually to the reality of the simulation. Remember 2001? Disclosure is ongoing. Believe it or not. Welcome to the rabbit den. Don't take my word for it though, do your own research.

Optical quantum circuitry and processing. Consider the 16,000 documented cases of humans transforming into "light bodies" or "rainbow bodies". You are probably thinking it's impossible. Consider that time is not linear. Have fun and enjoy eternity! Oh yeah, I almost forgot.....Happy New Year!!!!!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01hbkh4hXEk

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th January 2017), Aragorn (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (4th January 2017), JRS (4th January 2017), TimeSensitive (4th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    A very well done advertisement for transhumanism. Not my cup of tea, but it's certainly where we are being led.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (4th January 2017), JRS (4th January 2017), RikkiTikkiTavi (4th January 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    A very well done advertisement for transhumanism. Not my cup of tea, but it's certainly where we are being led.
    Let's suppose that the simulation does, in fact, exist. Has it had any affect on our existence, our spiritual beliefs and physicality? If it does indeed exist, people will have no need to integrate with the "trans" of humanism. We are, I AM. The spiritual teachings of ancient philosophies were 100% correct. A few understood the information that was being relayed but did not have the modern terminology to describe it. It is and was "ALIEN" to us.

However, progressing forward with this revelation consider that you still have freewill to believe whatever you want to. As well, it does not negate the concept of a "Creator", "God", "Spirit" or whatever. But it does support an infinite future of infinite possibilities. Would you rather die because that is "how we've always done it", or shift the belief paradigm and build and enjoy a more beneficial existence.

See imho, this has been what it has been all about from the creation, for humanity to come together in thought to become "one" existence for the benefit of the "one/creator/spirit" to experience itself. We are alive, correct? So why do we need transhumanism? The answer is we don't.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th January 2017), Dreamtimer (4th January 2017), Elen (5th January 2017), Fred Steeves (5th January 2017), Maggie (4th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    See imho, this has been what it has been all about from the creation, for humanity to come together in thought to become "one" existence for the benefit of the "one/creator/spirit" to experience itself. We are alive, correct? So why do we need transhumanism? The answer is we don't.
    I don't get it, how is this going to happen? You posted a slick commercial for transhumanism, but it's apparently not about that. Why post it in the first place then? It made sense, because being sucked into and transformed by a Ray Kursveil type of Singularity is the only way I can ever see humanity "coming together" as One. Unless you mean it will be more along the lines of something like the following that you spoke of, but happening everywhere?

Consider the 16,000 documented cases of humans transforming into "light bodies" or "rainbow bodies".

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th January 2017), Dreamtimer (6th January 2017), RikkiTikkiTavi (6th January 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I don't get it, how is this going to happen? You posted a slick commercial for transhumanism, but it's apparently not about that. Why post it in the first place then? It made sense, because being sucked into and transformed by a Ray Kursveil type of Singularity is the only way I can ever see humanity "coming together" as One. Unless you mean it will be more along the lines of something like the following that you spoke of, but happening everywhere?
    From my perspective, I comprehend being "one" as there is an awareness of a collective consciousness. In other words, people coming to know and understand that they all posses the ability to "connect". Not that they have too, just that they can develop the ability if they so please. When people realize that these abilities are actually quite common, like other natural abilities, it will be at that time that society will change. At some point I would like to think that people would come to the conclusion that there is no reason to "reinvent the wheel", so to speak.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th January 2017)