Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is the F word such an important word these days

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Here is a pretty interesting/entertaining history of the word.

I have seen several documentaries on the history of the word and it is pretty well acknowledged that the exact origin is unknown.

We really don't have any other word that is able to convey "certain" feelings quite like that word.

F....The Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9WWk431h0

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeeZe For This Useful Post:

bsbray (20th May 2015), Cearna (6th June 2015), Chester (1st June 2015), grannyfranny (26th May 2015), Liberty (26th May 2015), sandy (26th May 2015)

Thanks
    Hi Grannyfranny,

This is the 2nd time I am answering..I don't know but the first one just disappeard so if you see 2 posts, then that is what happens when technology goes crazy. That is wonderful that you have a grandchild you love. I love children and when I walk to the parks I enjoy stopping to chat with them. They are so honest and pure and they sense how much I enjoy them. They are still not programmed into an "EGO" identity. We were all once that way, lol.

Yes families are no longer what we remember them to be. It is nice to have someone the same age here as we can relate to the changes we have seen come and go and have had to adust to. I am happy for TOT, where we can talk about these things. Us "granny" members do have substance and yet we are open to the younger ones with advanced ideas who are really wanting a better world too!

I take time to smell the flowers and be grateful for what I have "today" lol. Hope you had an enjoyable weekend.

Sincerely,
    Today

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th May 2015), bsbray (26th May 2015), Cearna (6th June 2015), Church (26th May 2015), grannyfranny (26th May 2015), sandy (26th May 2015)

Thanks
    Just a note to say I let it fly yesterday!! I do not want to go into the circumstances but all were in shock including myself but the point was made that I was ****ed and will never return again...so I was not so disciplined but it is a part of me I keep under wraps as I try to be NICE a lot.

Cheers,
    Today

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th May 2015), bsbray (3rd June 2015), Cearna (6th June 2015), sandy (30th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

It's planned.

To me it's not just the use of the F-word but profanity in general. When I was growing up certain things were taboo and never seen or heard on the TV; things like bedrooms, sex, profanity, blood & gore, violence. More and more of it has been slowly creeping into mainstream media. It's called social programming. Things that used to be unacceptable are now the norm. IMHO all of it is part of the plan to dumb us down, to keep our vibrational frequency low and negatively oriented. Take a look at the attached historical Congressional Record document. It details pretty much everything we are witnessing today. We live on an world currently dominated by negativity. Has anyone noticed how much evil is taking place? (Evil is live spelled backwards. Don't live a backwards life.) Right now everything seems backwards. Thank goodness nature/the universe has ways of balancing things out. So I guess we're all here to witness this balancing act.

congressional_record.pdf

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hugh Mann For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2015), bsbray (3rd June 2015), Cearna (6th June 2015), Liberty (2nd June 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Its the very best word available in the English language as it can be used with such versatility.

It is ridiculous that folks allow their minds to be bothered by a word such as this. This gives the word more power than it otherwise would have.

It is also the Bodily 7th Heaven -

1 - We eat

2 - We drink

3 - We pee

4 - We pooh

5 - We breathe

6 - We sleep

7 - all so we can BLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

hahaha

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

bsbray (3rd June 2015), Cearna (6th June 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by DeeZe View Post
    Here is a pretty interesting/entertaining history of the word.

I have seen several documentaries on the history of the word and it is pretty well acknowledged that the exact origin is unknown.

We really don't have any other word that is able to convey "certain" feelings quite like that word.

F....The Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9WWk431h0
    YES!!! Go to 10:35 and.... YES YES YES!!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2015), DeeZe (5th June 2015)

In Memoriam United States
    Thanks
    Hugh Mann, I agree that it is planned, planned, planned. One of their major tools is TV. They have been using it to increase people's need for more and more stimulation with increasingly demented images.

I remember the 1960-70s. I visited a friend. It was the first time I saw TV on while having dinner. The Vietnam War was the war to be viewed while eating. People learned to view war and eat at the same time without vomiting.

By the 1980's I couldn't even go to movies. They are killing our heart brain. Throughout each decade, more and more crude language such as the F word has been needed to express what anger and rage people have been feeling.

Thanks for the PDF. What the Congress was calling Communism was just a Cold War cover up for the pathological agenda. We are swimming in their cesspool of evil.
    F word, F word, F word.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2015), Chester (3rd June 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Hugh Mann View Post
    To me it's not just the use of the F-word but profanity in general. When I was growing up certain things were taboo and never seen or heard on the TV; things like bedrooms, sex, profanity, blood & gore, violence. More and more of it has been slowly creeping into mainstream media. It's called social programming. Things that used to be unacceptable are now the norm. IMHO all of it is part of the plan to dumb us down, to keep our vibrational frequency low and negatively oriented.
    The reason sex and profanity are taboo in the western hemisphere is because of religion, specifically because of Christianity, and if you trace it back far enough, because of the Catholic Church. Many of the more ancient cultures revered what they considered the defining characteristics of both genders and especially the sacred act of union between them. This was perverted into something bad and repressed by the church, including any words even making reference to sex or even bodily parts or functions that all humans have. Catholic Priests were expected to be celibate and renounce all fleshly desires as being of Satan. So when you think of sex as something to be shunned and hidden away, that's really just a social construct passed down from Puritan days and beyond. If we don't know how to handle sex in a social context, or if it's awkward to us, it's also because of this aspect of our culture.

The violence is a bit stranger considering that our countries seem to willingly send soldiers to cause much bloodshed in foreign countries, even killing thousands of civilians and everyone is aware of this. I think if more people saw this themselves then we might be less likely as citizens to back such things. But if the sentiment is to glamorize violence and gore then I would agree that this is a bad idea, not because it dumbs people down necessarily but because it degrades their sense of empathy for their fellow human beings.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Cearna (6th June 2015), Chester (3rd June 2015), DeeZe (5th June 2015), Dreamtimer (4th June 2015), sandy (4th June 2015)