Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish me luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    Oh CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: I just walked outside and he came back with the dog!

Lionhawk is on his way over there now.....again Wish me luck!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th May 2015), Ciauzar (15th May 2015), Divine Feminine (15th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), Frances (15th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), reno (16th May 2015), sandancer (15th May 2015), The One (15th May 2015), yobear (15th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts
    Awesome! Can't wait to hear the story! Good luck!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th May 2015), Ciauzar (15th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), Frances (15th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), sandancer (15th May 2015), Shadowself (15th May 2015), The One (15th May 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Divine Feminine View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait to hear the story! Good luck!
    Well...I'm pacing the floor. I have to leave for work in half an hour and am praying Lionhawk walks through the front door with Axle.

Breathe Brook....Breathe....

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th May 2015), Ciauzar (15th May 2015), Divine Feminine (15th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), Frances (15th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), sandancer (15th May 2015), The One (15th May 2015), yobear (15th May 2015)

Thanks
    Good news and bad news.

He is not giving the dog to the lady. He invested in of all things an electric shock "fence"/collar for the dog. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS DOG! I already know this.

How he figures this will keep the dog from barking all night is beyond me! He needs attention!

Lionhawk told him if it does not work out that we want the dog.

See how lazy this guy is? All it takes is some training and the dog will stay in the yard without some shock factor! Buster know to stay where it's safe...that's because Lionhawk walked the perimeter of our property until Buster knew the space he could safely inhabit.

Bad news on the shock collar! It just tells me he's clueless!

Good news....if it does not work out we have first dibs on Axle...I suspect it won't take long either.

I swear I'd steal Axle ....but that would be kind of hard as the guy lives next door!

ARGH!!! I'm off to work now....I'll keep you all informed as the days progress.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 15th May 2015 at 17:41.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2015), Ciauzar (15th May 2015), Divine Feminine (15th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), Frances (15th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), sandancer (15th May 2015), The One (15th May 2015), yobear (15th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Imagine putting this kind of focus and passion into freeing ourselves from financial tyranny and other problems we face. I know owning a dog will not address these issues but, the passion shown towards obtaining a dog applied to our problems would help make things happen.

Given where your energies are directed, you just may end up with a dog. If that brings you joy, so be it.

I do not expect this post to be well received.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2015), Church (16th May 2015), Ciauzar (15th May 2015), Divine Feminine (16th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), Frances (15th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), Rocket's Mom (16th May 2015), sandancer (16th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I hear what you're saying Modwiz but I have come to understand that compassion and love ~ wherever it is directed ~ is not misguided. Several years ago I put myself and some family members through a very horrible time because I was so passionate about not only extracting ourselves from our societies tyranny, in an attempt to throw sand in the cogs, but in how to apply activism in ways to change it. At that time I simply could not understand why they could not see and feel the way that I did and why they couldn't make drastic changes to their lives to place my priorities as their priorities.

Short story: a lot of pain, anger, resentment, frustration and depression. I came to realize that the supposed lack of passion for activism that I was judging them with did not affect their core heart abilities to demonstrate love, compassion, kindness, generosity, forgiveness, humility, and courage to act within their local space. They also didn't have the skills to be able to pursue activism - for activism isn't as easy as it may sound; it is a long, arduous process that requires a cast iron constitution and constant rebalancing to continue thrusting forward. Those that do not proceed with activism, or that start and stop, are not necessarily lazy, ignorant, selfish people ~ from my experience.

It is far better, IMHO, for individuals to commit to practicing love and compassion in whatever way they can, than to take up a "fight" that they are ill equipped to deal with let alone survive within, for this can very quickly turn their love into bitterness, hate, resentment, and depression.

After all, it is the energetic of love and compassion that is needed "behind the scenes" to help provide the fuel to those mobilizing practical application that is equally valuable in coordinating change: We know this now. We have "scientific" proof of this now.

In fact Shadowself has provided a great demonstration of this with her story. People can't just rush over to Shadowself's location, or write letters to her neighbor supporting her request, etc, etc but they can willfully apply conscious energetic focus to her location. And I personally do not read the sharing of one incident in someone's life as being their whole and only contribution to "global change".

Cheers
    Gemma

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2015), Divine Feminine (16th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), sandancer (16th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    What a beautiful story to follow here! Shadowself, you have such a great heart!!! Love it. . .Wait, watch, be, and do. . .Axle will be with you before you know it. . .all in the right "time". You are manifesting this great adventure as we watch on. . if you truly want this, do not pull back on the energy. . .the Universe hears you!!

It's really like adding another kid to the family. . .get ready Mom & Dad!!!!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rocket's Mom For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2015), Divine Feminine (16th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), sandancer (16th May 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    Good news and bad news.

He is not giving the dog to the lady. He invested in of all things an electric shock "fence"/collar for the dog. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS DOG! I already know this.

How he figures this will keep the dog from barking all night is beyond me! He needs attention!
    I do not believe in using negative reinforcement for animals, including dogs. I know someone who used a shock collar with their dog to prevent it barking & all it did was traumatise the dog & make it neurotic.

I am intending that Axle finds a new loving home with you Shadowself ASAP.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2015), Divine Feminine (16th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), sandancer (16th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Imagine putting this kind of focus and passion into freeing ourselves from financial tyranny and other problems we face. I know owning a dog will not address these issues but, the passion shown towards obtaining a dog applied to our problems would help make things happen.

Given where your energies are directed, you just may end up with a dog. If that brings you joy, so be it.

This talk of shock collars reminded me of a video from long ago. Anybody remember this stunt? I have to admit it's pretty funny to watch.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T9qiGCq5sk

Maybe these would have better use if worn by the out of control bankers rather than our fury friends? Anytime they ask for a bailout we can press the appropriate button. Then we'd be free of 'financial tyranny', and recycle a product at the same time there-by supporting their own concept of 'Sustainable Economic Development'. How's that for passion and ingenuity Modwiz?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2015), Cearna (17th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post

Good morning guys and thank you for the energetic support and loving response. This includes you Modwiz...a Wiz of a Wiz if ever there was comes to mind!

I don't know why you thought your reply would be unfavorable. And you're right on so many levels.

If only....

Keeping in mind I started this thread not because I'm trying to get a dog....I'm trying to "rescue" a dog. Big difference there. I have a perfectly good dog and cat and was not in the marked for another. Because I have the land for one such as this one large dog I am willing to sacrifice to see he gets some love and attention. That's it.

Now as Modwiz said...what if.....

To which I reply on the tyranny of such which is indeed a great model of 'thought' I reply with this:

Knowing freedom from tyranny;

To know freedom..one must understand bondage. Because how active will you be coming from complacency?....Sitting in front of your computer..looking for the next new best thread. This is not to say you are not trying to do your part...however

Have you lost your home due to the economy? Lost your job?

Do you have it in you to stand up and say "I have had enough of the tyranny"?

With Freedom comes responsibility;

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -- Sigmund Freud

Are you waiting for the next best man, or political figure to come along and make another dead promise?

What we strive for is Utopia? The willingness to strive for Freedom and Utopia?

"Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom." We have heard that many times. What is also the price of freedom is the toleration of imperfections. If everything that is wrong with the world becomes a reason to turn more power over to some political savior, then freedom is going to erode while we are mindlessly repeating the catchwords of the hour, whether "change," "universal health care" or "social justice."

What we strive for , a "utopia" society structure with perfection...how to create perfection?

Let's go back to square one. The universe was not made to our specifications. Nor were human beings. So there is nothing surprising in the fact that we are dissatisfied with many things at many times. The big question is whether we are prepared to follow anyone be they politician or Whistleblower extraordinaire... who claims to be able to "solve" our "problem."

If we are, then there will be a never-ending series of "solutions," each causing new problems calling for still more "solutions."

Therein lies the never-ending quest, costing ever increasing amounts of the taxpayers' money and ever greater losses of your freedom to live your own life as you see fit, rather than as presumptuous elites dictate, driven by power and greed ..don't forget where the power elite play their game..Ultimately, our choice is to give up Utopian quests or give up our freedom. This has been recognized for centuries by some, but many others have not yet faced that reality, even today. If you think government should "do something" about anything that ticks you off, or anything you want and don't have, then you have made your choice between Utopia and freedom.
    You have given your power to choose away to the very people who have taken it away.

Food for thought...the illusive utopia does exist..where does it exist?
    Think harder...it the mind of everyone...in the KNOWING it does exist...but for who..and where..and when is the choice we must decide.

It's also akin to a dog being tied to a dog house....this is not freedom and most certainly tyranny...

To the Wiz of a Wiz....with my compliments

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPZfFEW2G9A

"The Wizard"

He was the wizard of a thousand kings
    And I chanced to meet him one night wandering
    He told me tales and he drank my wine
    Me and my magic man kind of feeling fine

He had a cloak of gold
    And eyes of fire
    And as he spoke I felt a deep desire
    To free the world of its fear and pain
    And help the people to feel free again

Why don't we listen to the voices in our hearts
    'Cause then I know we'd find we're not so far apart
    Everybody's got to be happy
    Everyone should sing
    For we know the joy of life
    The peace that love can bring

So spoke the wizard in his mountain home
    The vision of his wisdom means we'll never be alone
    And I will dream of my magic night
    And the million silver stars that guide me with their light
    Last edited by Shadowself, 16th May 2015 at 15:10. Reason: endless typos!

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2015), Cearna (17th May 2015), Church (16th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), modwiz (16th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), reno (16th May 2015), sandancer (16th May 2015)

Thanks
    Now back to the dogs;

Having a pet it s a responsibility as the last post suggests on many levels. Many people are not prepared for the responsibility of a pet.

Case in point; today is the day I have to give Buster his injections. Two to be exact. The vet taught me how to and every month I have to give him two. He has extreme allergies...to a list as long as my arm in fact. He's allergic to grass for crying out loud!

This is my responsibility and it costs a pretty penny too! The tests....then the right formula to see he is taken care of in a responsible manner.

So after I run some errands and give Buster his shots...I'll be back with some updates.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 16th May 2015 at 15:10.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2015), Cearna (17th May 2015), Flyover (16th May 2015), modwiz (16th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), sandancer (16th May 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by RealityCreation View Post
    I do not believe in using negative reinforcement for animals, including dogs. I know someone who used a shock collar with their dog to prevent it barking & all it did was traumatise the dog & make it neurotic.

I am intending that Axle finds a new loving home with you Shadowself ASAP.
    Thank you RealityCreation...my sentiments exactly!!

There is always a way to train a dog. This training is for his own safety and well being I might add.

So the issues Axle is facing now:

He will be legally trained with a shock collar. Personally I find this reprehensible. So does the Humane Society of America as well. This is being done to him because of his endless barking I might add. So what does the Humane Society have to say about this? Pretty much the same thing I've said so far in this thread.

Why Dogs Bark

Dogs have a lot to say, and they do it by barking. They bark to go out, come in, to tell you a stranger's in your yard, and at people, cars, and other animals.

Too much barking or barking at inappropriate times can be a problem. You want to be respectful of your neighbors as well as local laws, so you need to get your dog's barking under control.

In order to determine why your dog barks, you may need to do some clever detective work—especially if it occurs when you're not home. You can ask your neighbors what they see and hear, go around the block and watch and listen, start a tape recorder or video camera when you leave the house. After some sleuthing, you may be able to find out which of the following common problems is causing your dog to bark.
    Common causes of barking

Attention/Demand: Your dog may want to eat, go outside, or your undivided attention.

Boredom/Frustration: Your dog may have been left outside day and night, or confined to one room for a long period of time.

Fear: Your dog may be afraid of objects, people, places, other animals, or loud noises such as thunder and fireworks.
    Tip: Your dog's posture can tell you if he's barking out of fear. Typically his ears are back, and his tail is held low.

Territoriality/Protectiveness: Your dog is barking in the presence of "intruders," which may include people and other dogs in adjacent yards.
    Tip: If your dog is being territorial, his posture appears threatening with his tail held high and his ears up and forward.

Playfulness/Excitement: Your dog may be overly playful and excited when greeting people.

Health Issues: Your dog may have Canine Cognitive Dysfunction or deafness, causing him to bark because he's unable to hear himself bark.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...eb_id123806157

The first two are why Axle is barking I can assure you of this. I've witnessed it.

What does the Humane Society say about shock collars?

Aversive collars

Some trainers use aversive collars to train "difficult" dogs with correction or punishment. These collars rely on physical discomfort or even pain to teach the dog what not to do. They suppress the unwanted behavior, but they don't teach him what the proper behavior is. At best, they are unpleasant for your dog, and at worst, they may cause your dog to act aggressively and even bite you. Positive training methods should always be your first choice. Learn the techniques »

Shock collars

Shock collars use electric current passing through metal contact points on the collar to give your dog a signal. This electric signal can range from a mild tickling sensation to a painful shock.

Shock collars are sold as training devices and to stop barking. They are also used with pet containment (electronic fencing) systems.

The least humane and most controversial use of the shock collar is as a training device. The trainer can administer a shock to a dog at a distance through a remote control. There is a greater chance for abuse (delivery of shocks as punishment) or misuse (poor timing of shocks). Your dog also may associate the painful shock with people or other experiences, leading to fearful or aggressive behavior.

Electronic fencing uses shock collars to delivers a shock when the dog approaches the boundaries of the "fenced" area. Typically, the shock is preceded by a tone to warn the dog she is about to get shocked.

Caution! Shock collars can irritate and inflame your dog's neck. Take theses steps to avoid problems:

Don't leave the electronic collar on for an extended length of time.
    Clean your dog's neck and the contact points that touch your dog’s neck regularly.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...s/collars.html

~

That being said this is what is going to happen and I am at odds to figure out how to prevent Axle from it.

Earlier on and in my OP I asked and opened this thread because I sincerely believe that in sharing this with enough collective awareness the universe might answer with a proper solution. Gathering enough aware individuals of this situation perhaps the Universe will listen and intervene in some collective manner to prevent any more harm to Axle.

I also said earlier on when I started this thread I did get a sign....and it must have been from a collective here at this readership. When Lionhawk went over there the first time to find nobody home I was sitting in anticipation waiting to see what would happen a melodic tune came from what I thought was my cell phone. I didn't recognize the ringtone...but I was sure it was from my cell phone. I looked at my cell phone and nothing there! Then I looked at Lionhawks cellphone...and still nothing there! So where did it come from? It had a sound similar to a harp. Do you suppose some angelic intervention has occurred in our collective calling for Axle's well being?

I don't know for certain...and I'm not pulling your leg. I really did hear this tone. So as I said...YOU GUYS ROCK and lets keep making the universe aware of Axle's needs as this progresses.

Thank you all for the aware attention you've given him so far...he's not out of the woods yet. But we are working on it!

And last...ALL life matters....be it a dog or a person.

Keep in mind if we can do this for one needy dog....imagine the possibilities.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 16th May 2015 at 21:06.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th May 2015), Cearna (17th May 2015), mojo (16th May 2015), RealityCreation (16th May 2015), sandancer (17th May 2015), sandy (17th May 2015)