Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insider Information

Retired Member
    Thanks

Insider Information

I wish to discuss something which often gets silenced on most forums. Esp if the forum owners are part of the discussion OR if forum admins/moderators feel their beliefs are being questioned, often claiming their forum and its members do not want "that kind of people" there. I wrote most of this before but have never put it on the forum in such a direct manner.

So here it goes...

Love&Light

First i wish to address the problem of fake love and humility. I will put that under the abused and more than just worn out term "love and light". More often then not this term and the general beliefs encompassing it, are used by people to put blinders on their eyes.

It is closely tied to the "negative energy" mantra. As soon as something or someone is outside a belief system revolving around love and light OR the belief system gets questioned it becomes a negative energy. Another word used is "lower vibrations" as in "this does not vibrate with me".

The second something gets labeled with negative energy or is vibrating in a "wrong way" it gets attacked. Mostly the attacks are of personal nature and hardly stick to any solid facts and arguments. Threads get closed and hidden, members get banned.

It is a "perfect" way to get rid of something/someone by labeling it negative or lower vibrating in an environment where the belief system of many will agree with you.

The attacks are done by the most eager love and light people. In a slightly exaggerated manner it is like the holy crusades or a jihad. People go and fight "negativity" by being negative themselves.

So what i am trying to describe here is a popular belief system related to the established conspiracies and their proponents. In other words - a New Age Religion.

Insiders, Blowers, Whistlers...

Coming to such forums one dares to think there might be people around capable of a sound critical thinking. It is a big mistake to assume such a thing. People do not think. People follow. It is sad, yet that is how it is.

I will do a MSM (main stream media) and AM (alternative media) comparison here using Joe and Bob.

There are different platforms on the Internet that offer insider information about world events. In most cases the information also extends off world. This platforms mostly say they are independent. Most of them charge you money. The general reason stated for charging money is 3D survival. They use this platforms and information selling as a source of income.

It is always a bad start when you have to pay for truth.

Some ask for donations and offer their truth for free or via *pay to see* organized events. A lot of them are heavily commercialized selling all sorts of books and various products and services (such as aura cleansing, miracle detoxification products, "energy infused" pendants, astrological analysis ...etc)

These platforms offer what they call witness or so called whistle-blower testimony. This is mostly presented in a form of an interview, using a camera and a microphone - so it is a video. Person A asks questions, person B gives answers. These video interviews often tend to be of a lesser quality, especially sound wise and have other "non professional issues" such as random people walking into the scene...etc

In what some term main stream or corporate media, we have the same or at least very similar situation. You have a person A that is labeled as a reporter asking person B some questions. Questions are in most cases related to some before stated topic. Person B is in some way always connected or said to be connected with the topic of discussion. You see either a video of the person B or a still picture with a voice of the person B. Bellow this picture/video, a name is displayed. Something like - John Doe, but to make things more real, let us make it Dr.John Doe or John Doe, phd. The title such as "Doctor" gives the person B more credibility in the mind of an average viewer - the vast majority. Bellow the name there is a subtitle of a sorts, such as "Expert on Bull Shit" or "Researcher of Thin Air" and so on...

For the majority of the population everything stated and/or written in the media is true. That just simply is how most take it. Incredible as it can be...it is like that. Backed up by some visual graphics, sound effects and a dramatic tone of voice from the reporter, the entire play comes out very real and convincing.

Back to the insider information... Some of the before mentioned platforms evolved into what is called an Alternative Media (AM). It is mostly stated that the main reason for this to be, is to show the populous the real deal and not some high budget stage play we can see on main stream media (MSM). Again you have a person asking questions and a person answering them. Just that in the case of AM, there are no high budget effects and quality involved into it.

The viewer knows not who the person B is (with or without the name tag) be it on MSM or AM. The "average" Joe would be bothered by no name tag in AM and he or she would go and question B's qualifications and dismiss the entire thing.

Yet at the same time the average Joe will rarely go and check the credentials of the person B despite seeing the name tag etc...as shown on MSM. It is enough for Joe to see the tag...social conditioning takes care of the rest. For him it has to be true since TV never lies, the news reports do not lie or misconstrue....it can not be...right? It is out of Joe's reality frame that such a thing could ever happen, especially since he lives in freedom and democracy and not some totalitarian form of governance. Free and democratic countries do no wrong, right? As far as Joe is concerned...that is VERY RIGHT!

Anyone questioning Joe will find a solid wall, a concrete mixture of religious, academical and blind beliefs, backed up by personal attacks in form of insults and alike.

Checking on the background of some person can always be done but it can become complicated. One of the ways to check person B's merits can be reviewing the publications in science journals and past employment experiences and achievements. Joe will not do that. It is hard to read a science journal, if you do not know what it is that you are reading. Doing background checks and comparing them to the statements...etc takes even more knowing and resources...so it can be done but not all can do it.

Though there are quite some doctors presented in the AM, not a lot of them actually give testimonies or information related to their PhD. That fact is rarely (more like never) mentioned!

Joe will also dismiss most if not all B persons in AM as there will be no name tag or it will not be official (persuasive) enough for it to be true.

The "awake and aware" Bob will look at the screen with MSM on it, knowing about the media ownership control, the regulated education, technology suppression, religion manipulation, banking families, reptilians, underground bases, super soldiers, ...etc and will not be impressed despite the name tag and fancy visuals. He will not buy it. Bob will be so very sure in what he knows or thinks he knows, he like Joe, also will not go and check about the B's credentials.

What made Bob so sure? The Alternative Media did that. But first...if Bob would go and check about the B's credentials, would he be any more successful than Joe? Is Bob having an "open mind" in any better position than Joe to go and check if person B has any background that can back up it's statements? The answer is - NO. Bob has been living in the same world as Joe. Even if Bob is educated enough to read the scientific publications of person B and has resources and time to check on B's past employment and such, he also, at the same time, is "aware" about all the "secrets" and things as mentioned before. So he will "know" that what he is finding out is all part of the Matrix.

Bob however will be interested in person B on AM with or without a name tag. Why is that?

What about an educated Joe? Would he go and check what is behind the name tag? Most likely he would not. Joe, as a true believer in the system, would just take the statement on the MSM as a fact.

So why is Bob all ok with no name tag? What drove Bob to such "unfathomable" thinking?

There is this person B on video, telling how extraterrestrials (ET) are helping to save planet Earth and Bob just takes it all in. Why? And to make things "worse", this person B is not necessarily giving first hand information. It is giving information that the "inside" sources have given it or it can be what an "out world" entity has told it via process labeled as channeling or direct telepathic connection...inter dimensional even. And Bob just takes it all in. Why? Making it even more "horrible"...the person A is describing something what person B told it, while person B got that from it's insiders. How ****ed up is that? Bob being there...staring at the screen..."not believing" what he hears and taking it all in. Why?

Joe would be horrified.

Joe: "How can Bob do that, I mean...there is not even a name tag there and the video has a poor sound quality and what...what was that...an ET race called Greys can use mind control...I mean WTF?? Where is my beer can..."

Bob would just simply say that Joe is just one of many in the sleeping human masses and that he needs to wake the **** UP!!!

Bob:"WTF Joe, if you would only know what i know, than you would know what i know and u would know that i know that just LAST WEEK an ET group prevented a Reptilian space ship invading our planet, just after it exited the stargate near Saturn."

Joe:"Reptilian? There are more groups"?

Bob:"Listen Joe this thing is BIG and i mean BIG...I do not even know where to start. Here go watch this link...."

Let see about the differences between Joe and Bob. Are there any significant differences? Not really. Joe will absorb everything MSM tells him and dismiss AM. Bob will absorb everything AM tells him and "carefully analyze" MSM. Joe will only listen to Bob's outrageous claims and follow his links if he knows him. Bob has to be someone Joe knows.

The closer the connection the more the chance Joe will actually go and see about it and not dismiss it after the first five seconds. It can not be just anyone. Joe is "too smart" to buy it from just anyone. So it takes some trust.

And what do we see in AM? We see people telling us stories. Stories that can not be checked. Stories of their past lives and reincarnations. Stories such as them having these special abilities but never demonstrating them. Stories such as those about ET's, different groups of them, shadow government, secret space program, financial wars, super soldiers, clones, space wars, ...et

Can stories like that be checked out? How? How do you check out a story, or call it an insider information, that USA has a SUPER SECRET space program and that they can travel outside of this solar system the Earth is in? How do you check if there are Reptilian ET's walking the halls of the Pentagon? How do you check if Nibiru is closing in? How do you go and see if a sacral energy point of Earth has been activated on 11.11.2011? How do you go and see about a fleet of space ships in "close proximity" around Earth, waiting for FINAL CONFIRMATION to make mass landings? You can not. Unless you are one of the insiders, right? But guess what...you are not. You are the audience.

All of the AM stories keep the sugar off the top. Most of them also take the cream. Meaning that the most "sensitive" insider information are always kept back. Then the saying is "it has been told to me off camera" and "i can not tell you that". This cream with sugar on top would be the only thing, that the audience could use, to go and see about the stories told to them. The reasons stated, that sugar and cream are taken away, are that it would "expose" and endanger the source or that the source is not authorized to talk about it (seems the evil ones authorized it to only expose part of their cunning plan) and also that knowing some information can get people killed and set back the efforts of the White Hats (WH)...etc

In cospiracy circles WH is someone that gives information to the person B that then tells it to A, that tells it to you, or you see it in a video when person A and B are talking. White is used as it is associated with the light, purity, innocence...etc. Then there are terms such as Light Workers and Light Warriors and resonating. "Resonating" is used a lot when it comes to insider information. People decide on the validity and credibility of the information based on how it resonates with them. Profound, isn't it?

Then there are also terms like "Super Sensitive Information", "High Level Sources", "Top Insiders", "Higher Ups", "The Ones Upstairs", "Top Secret", "Never Published Before", "Completely Free For Your Convenience", "Ground Crew", "Off World Sources", "Extra Terrestrials", "Extra Dimensionals", "Warning", "Fundamental Changes", "Irrefutable Evidence", "Scientifically Proven", "Absolutely Staggering Information", "Groundbreaking Information" ...etc

These and many more can simply be seen as "catch phrases". Easier to sell something. And not everything that is sold has to be bought with money. You can buy a lot of things with your mind. Your thinking is very valuable!

Some of the presenters (A) become AM celebrities...creating or destroying B celebrities. A well established person A can (via it's platform) make some unknown B a celebrity or it can also destroy it..depends on what is stated. The MSM is the same. A star is born or a star is gone.

The people selling you stuff also try to back it up. Mostly they back it up with what was said off camera. They try to assure you as best they can, that what YOU do not know but they do know, is what makes everything good and proper. They also assure the audience that there is a matching of information between different sources...yet in more than just one testimony we can see that the so called sources oppose each other in what they say, or have no idea about something the other source said, but given simple logic they should have.

This is excused with things being compartmentalized and that not everyone knows everything. Also this "insider information matching" is done strictly by those that sell you stuff as it can not be done by anyone else and guess what...yes...in most cases this information is so "sensitive" it can only be stated there is information "out there" that matches but it is not stated what this information is.

Backing insider information also tends to happen by (ab)using "science" and saying things such as - the laws of physics, chemistry and biology all lead us to the fact..bla bla bla.... But it is never stated which laws in specific. No law is ever quoted.

The more secret...the more mysterious....the more interesting....it is old human group mind tricks. Throw in a Reptilian mothership with a CIA agent on board acting on behalf of Israel (so a double agent) that is aiming towards hybrid blood line control by planning to start a Global War using their top Iranian insider Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. But i can not say anything more than that, as it can reveal my identity! Yes there is so many of us that know this Top Secret thing, that they will not be able to find out. But if i say anything more they will.

What is true? How do you know it? How do we know it? How do you know what some blower (whistle or otherwise) video is telling you is correct? Are you one of the many...that switched MSM for AM but did not switch on the brain? Have you seen any evidence? Oh you did? What were they like? A personal opinion of some "researcher" or an actual proof? What is a researcher? Do you think that if you look for stuff online/on the Internet, that you are doing research? Do you know or do you think you know? Is it vibing?

Has this entire text been designed to confuse you and lure you away from the light? Are you about to shower yourself with golden light? Who gave you this idea? Do you even understand the point of such thinking - showering with light? Will galactics come and save you? Some sort of federation perhaps? Are you wearing your luck charm to protect yourselves from negative vibes? What is doing the protection? Do you even know? Do you think it is some charm thing around your neck? What is even enabling the "negative vibes"? Have you ever given it any thought or do you just mindlessly follow a belief as a result of seeing some insider video testimony or reading some charlatan book??

If you read everything so far you might have guessed by now that i am trying to incept you with critical thinking.
    Last edited by Tanta, 11th May 2015 at 12:37.

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Tanta For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2015), Breeze (12th May 2015), bsbray (12th May 2015), Chester (12th May 2015), Church (11th May 2015), dianna (11th May 2015), Dogstar (11th May 2015), Dracon (12th May 2015), ERK (11th May 2015), Flyover (11th May 2015), Frances (11th May 2015), Gemma (11th May 2015), grannyfranny (12th May 2015), Hugh Mann (30th June 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), JByas (11th May 2015), lookbeyond (12th May 2015), modwiz (12th May 2015), mojo (11th May 2015), mokosh (14th May 2015), monk (11th May 2015), pabranno (11th May 2015), Pebbles (11th May 2015), RealityCreation (12th May 2015), reno (30th June 2015), Ria (11th May 2015), sandy (11th May 2015), Shadowself (11th May 2015), Shibby (13th May 2015), Verum (11th May 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,600 Times in 1,366 Posts
    Very educational post, in my view.
    Frances.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2015), bsbray (12th May 2015), Chester (2nd July 2015), Flyover (11th May 2015), grannyfranny (12th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), lookbeyond (12th May 2015), modwiz (12th May 2015), mojo (11th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015), sandy (11th May 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    I see the terms 'negative energy' and 'low vibrations' as just the new expressions of these times. Twenty years ago it was something else.
    They are used often in every 'alternative' type blogs so you know you're in the right neighborhood.
    I don't think they've gone main stream yet.

But that doesn't mean what you read and hear is accurate information.

I agree, it's complicated, and there is a formula for bringing in new listeners and supporters.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flyover For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2015), bsbray (12th May 2015), Frances (11th May 2015), GoodETxSG (12th May 2015), grannyfranny (12th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), lookbeyond (12th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015)

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally posted by Tanta View Post
    I wish to discuss something which often gets silenced on most forums. Esp if the forum owners are part of the discussion OR if forum admins/moderators feel their beliefs are being questioned, often claiming their forum and its members do not want "that kind of people" there. I wrote most of this before but have never put it on the forum in such a direct manner.

So here it goes...

Coming to such forums one dares to think there might be people around capable of a sound critical thinking. It is a big mistake to assume such a thing. People do not think. People follow. It is sad, yet that is how it is.

If you read everything so far you might have guessed by now that i am trying to incept you with critical thinking.
    Brilliant! Exactly put into words the thing we probably all struggle with until frustration, I couldn't have said it better..
    This is seriously the whole problem.
    Keep reading everything with "descern" and hold it all in the back of your mind, meanwhile we should just keep breathing, improving and calm ourselves down.
    As long the 'intention' is good and the goal is to make the world a better place and to keep being positive towards eachother, I guess than we have done our jobs,
    cause there isn't anything else we can do! No matter which info is right and which is wrong.
    Putting energie in waiting and hoping to be rescued is not a smart thing to do. Being prepared till a certain point is wise and the rest is up to the storytellers and the 'good' or 'bad' guys.
    Nobody has any influence on that! Knowledge is power, as is wisdom....just don't act to this sort of 'knowledge' till there is really something concrete happening and that is all I do. Meanwhile , my life keeps going on just like it did 40 years ago and it probably also will 20 years from now. If not, I'll probaby reincarnate, either in a matrix, another planet or dimension. Luckily there is some peace in not knowing too....

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2015), bsbray (12th May 2015), Flyover (13th May 2015), grannyfranny (12th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), lookbeyond (12th May 2015), mokosh (14th May 2015), RealityCreation (12th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    so in view of "it all" i guess when the time comes that we are to pass over, the only rational thing left to do is--what feels right to You-- because after all Who can we trust, really

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2015), bsbray (12th May 2015), Chester (2nd July 2015), Flyover (13th May 2015), grannyfranny (12th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), RealityCreation (12th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Great post, Tanta.

A lot of information in the alternative media contradicts other information in the alternative media. In fact whether media is "mainstream" or "alternative" or whatever else, logic is a very powerful tool, and even though it has its limitations, it was invented for good reason.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2015), Chester (12th May 2015), Flyover (13th May 2015), grannyfranny (12th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015)

In Memoriam United States
    Thanks
    Tanta, thank you for a very thoughtful post.

I understand what you are saying about critical thinking but I certainly wouldn't defend mainstream's fact checking as critical thinking. Most of it is the same script on station after station- rarely even changing the wording. Youtube has lots of funny videos of talking heads.

I remember the news of yesteryear when the talking heads were not spitting out cocktail banter as if they thought they had any brain power. But that was before news became a ratings game. Fortunately, some good alternative press people such as James Corbett document their information.

What I think is behind all of this is the integration of left and right brain. Critical thinking is aligned with "high brow" analytic left brain thinking. It is championed by the scientific community where new ideas must wait for old guy Ph.D.s to die so some younger folk Ph.D.s can investigate new paradigm possibilities.

Not all right brain thinking is "airy fairy" stuff. Some of it is "connecting the dots" because authentic information is often "classified." Frankly I think we are struggling to integrate both.

I often feel frustrated because we get the new flying saucer and alien guru of the month. People flock to that person because they desperately seek to understand why they feel so crazy. They have been socially engineered all through school and out of learned helplessness, they are in a tortured emotional state of cognizant dissonance.

I feel that being part of a forum is an opportunity to question one's assumptions and share viewpoints. Thank you for sharing yours and I think we do have similar concerns about quality versus quantity!!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny For This Useful Post:

bsbray (12th May 2015), Flyover (13th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), RealityCreation (12th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    I am happy that there has been a change in the wind!!
    Last edited by Chester, 2nd July 2015 at 03:00.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

ERK (12th May 2015), Flyover (13th May 2015), grannyfranny (13th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), Pebbles (12th May 2015), RealityCreation (12th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    If only we could critically post
    And what exactly makes you think that you cannot, Sam?

Speaking critically about a particular person's material is allowed -- healthy discussion is what The One Truth is all about, so long as it's happening with respect and dignity. Speaking critically about a particular person when said particular person is a member here on the other hand is against the rules. I'm actually quite certain that you yourself wouldn't enjoy it either if someone here were to start a thread about you.

Allow me to quote from Section C - Personal Behavior of the Forum Rules...

"Posts should not be directed at any specific individuals or witnesses unless a discussion has already been opened. If you have an issue with a particular member, then please click the Report link found at the lower left of their post."
    Last edited by Aragorn, 12th May 2015 at 08:50. Reason: typographical correction
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bacchus (12th May 2015), Ciauzar (12th May 2015), Flyover (13th May 2015), GoodETxSG (12th May 2015), grannyfranny (12th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), The One (12th May 2015), tonig (12th May 2015), yobear (15th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Logical conclusion is the basis of my perception. Some argue this closes me off to other more abstract sources. They are correct. However, what i see, is them being overly influenced by many unsubstantiated claims, leading to visibly irrational choice making...etc Finding any sort of balance between the two proved to be "excruciating".

There were however some results. Being skeptic for the sake of skepticism can be detrimental. Going nihilistic also does not help.

When i make a logical conclusion i do a "self check" on selfishness - as in - "why do i think this to be like that". You might also call it "catching your hypocritical self". Because logical thinking is also based on a belief system.

The emotional action/reaction is highly subjective in large majority of events, so is the "right thing to do". We mostly have no idea why we decided for something. Morality for example is nothing more but some artificial construct. Yes we did it since we wanted to...but WHY? How many can be brutally honest with themselves?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tanta For This Useful Post:

Chester (12th May 2015), grannyfranny (12th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015)

Thanks
    [...]The emotional action/reaction is highly subjective in large majority of events, so is the "right thing to do". We mostly have no idea why we decided for something. Morality for example is nothing more but some artificial construct.
    I'm afraid I cannot agree with that. There are many different levels of morality/ethics. There are personal ethics, there are cultural ethics -- in the widest possible sense of what constitutes "culture" -- and there are things of which you just feel that they would be universal ethics.

Yes we did it since we wanted to...but WHY? How many can be brutally honest with themselves?
    That is a very good question, right there. I have found that there are many people who cannot be authentic in their introspection, and an even greater number of people who wouldn't even question their authenticity to begin with, quite possibly because their consciousness isn't wide enough. And mainstream society certainly doesn't encourage this kind of introspection, given that to mainstream society, we are no more than cattle, working every day to power the very machine that was designed to ultimately slaughter us. It's perverse.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

grannyfranny (13th May 2015), tonig (12th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I'm afraid I cannot agree with that. There are many different levels of morality/ethics. There are personal ethics, there are cultural ethics -- in the widest possible sense of what constitutes "culture" -- and there are things of which you just feel that they would be universal ethics.

I see culture as a combination of basic rules which are either agreed upon or forced. Even when agreed upon it is usually the top ranking members in the starting group which do the agreeing. The rest just FOLLOW. These basic rules extend further to also include what is moral and what not.

Morality itself is very situational.

Personal ethics are questionable. What does one base them on? If it is things like upbringing or "values" (another construct)...etc Then they are hardly personal. Only personal ethic i can admit to be personal is IF the person makes a choice about something WITHOUT any past and present influences. Total oversight of the subconscious mind and A UNIQUE thought - more rare than anything else.

Similar with the feeling. Feeling something is universally right can be a dangerous thing. Imagine a person in a position of power feeling what he or she is doing is universally right.

What happens when two normal people meet? They kill each other. Why? Because one is normal and the other is not. (I am normal. No i am normal. NO no I AM NORMAL...)

There is that quote though - we are born innocent, society corrupts us (something like that)
    Last edited by Tanta, 12th May 2015 at 11:15.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tanta For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th May 2015), grannyfranny (13th May 2015), InCiDeR (12th May 2015), Ria (12th May 2015)

Thanks
    I see culture as a combination of basic rules which are either agreed upon or forced. Even when agreed upon it is usually the top ranking members in the starting group which do the agreeing. The rest just FOLLOW. These basic rules extend further to also include what is moral and what not.

Morality itself is very situational.

Personal ethics are questionable. What does one base them on? If it is things like upbringing or "values" (another construct)...etc Then they are hardly personal. Only personal ethic i can admit to be personal is IF the person makes a choice about something WITHOUT any past and present influences. Total oversight of the subconscious mind and A UNIQUE thought - more rare than anything else.
    I agree with all of the above. And I would even say that personal ethics are more often than not a corrupted concept, i.e. when ego comes into play.

Similar with the feeling. Feeling something is universally right can be a dangerous thing. Imagine a person in a position of power feeling what he or she is doing is universally right.
    Ah, but there we have an important nuance, i.e. "a person in a position of power". People in positions of power are generally people who seek a position of power, and who are thus not worthy of wielding that power. I will simply name two specific subspecies of homo sapiens as an example: politicians and corporate executives.

What happens when two normal people meet? They kill each other. Why? Because one is normal and the other is not. (I am normal. No i am normal. NO no I AM NORMAL...)

There is that quote though - we are born innocent, society corrupts us (something like that)
    Yes, but some are more corruptible than others.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

grannyfranny (13th May 2015), JByas (12th May 2015), Pebbles (12th May 2015), RealityCreation (13th May 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I've always believed there's morality that exists beyond any one particular culture's norms. I don't need to be taught that slavery is bad. That is self-evident. Someone who has never heard of or experienced slavery would be horrified to become enslaved. There have never been any 'happy slaves'. That's also self-evident.

Some use the term Universal Law. I recently listened to some of Mark Passio's presentations. He uses the term Natural Law. I really like it.

Some don't like the word law. Call it something else then, like common sense. Common sense tells me that slavery is wrong.

Common sense also tells me that our fourth estate, the press/media, shouldn't have profits and shareholders as it's bottom line. Common sense tells me that truth in the media is paramount.

Clearly we're petrified of the truth in this world. So many secrets kept by business, governments, religions, banks...

A massive 'data dump' will reveal a whole lot of truth with huge repercussions. No wonder so many are afraid.

With truth comes responsibility. For everyone who says, 'bring it on' I hope you're ready. All of us bear responsibility. Not just for the truth revealed but for how we act and react.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th May 2015), grannyfranny (13th May 2015), JByas (12th May 2015), modwiz (12th May 2015), RealityCreation (13th May 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I've always believed there's morality that exists beyond any one particular culture's norms. I don't need to be taught that slavery is bad. That is self-evident. Someone who has never heard of or experienced slavery would be horrified to become enslaved. There have never been any 'happy slaves'. That's also self-evident.
    Someone who was never a slave would be horrified to become one. Yes absolutely. Does not mean this someone would never be fine with being a slave owner. Especially if this someone grows up in a culture where having a slave is an every day thing and other such stuff...

I am not saying here what is "right" and what is "wrong". I am describing the ever lasting flexibility of humanity.

Common sense is again just a set of norms. Common sense to a slave owner is to own slaves. Common sense to the majority of people from one continent, is that it is ok, to invade and bomb people on another continent. It makes sense to them as to why do that, so they support it. No they are not oblivious to it! But that is another debate.

Basically it comes down to a choice. No need for any of us to be sanctimonious. Everything any of us does is a choice. The major difference would be just how aware we are about making that choice. Being aware of the choice does not mean the "right" choice has been made or the same choice as you would have made.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tanta For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th May 2015), bsbray (13th May 2015), grannyfranny (13th May 2015), modwiz (13th May 2015), RealityCreation (13th May 2015)