Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We all know this do we not ?

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

We all know this do we not ?

Mr Tolle >

The pain-body awakens from its dormancy when it gets hungry, when it is time to replenish itself. Alternatively, it may get triggered by an event at any time. The pain- body that is ready to feed can use the most insignificant event as a trigger, something somebody says or does, or even a thought. If you live alone or there is nobody around at the time, the pain-body will feed on your thoughts.

Suddenly, your thinking becomes deeply negative. You were most likely unaware that just prior to the influx of negative thinking a wave of emotion invaded your mindas a dark and heavy mood, as anxiety or fiery anger. All thought is energy and the pain-body is now feeding on the energy of your thoughts. But it cannot feed on any thought. You dont need to be particularly sensitive to notice that a positive thought has a totally different feeling-tone than a negative one. It is the same energy, but it vibrates at a different frequency. A happy, positive thought is indigestible to the pain-body. It can only feed on negative thoughts because only those thoughts are compatible with its own energy field.

All things are vibrating energy fields in ceaseless motion. The chair you sit on, the book you are holding in your hands appear solid and motionless only because that is how your senses perceive their vibrational frequency, that is to say, the incessant movement of the molecules, atoms, electrons, and subatomic particles that together create what you perceive as a chair, a book, a tree, or a body. What we perceive as physical matter is energy vibrating (moving) at a particular range of frequencies. Thoughts consist of the same energy vibrating at a higher frequency than matter, which is why they cannot be seen or touched. Thoughts have their own range of frequencies, with negative thoughts at the lower end of the scale and positive thoughts at the higher. The vibrational frequency of the pain-body resonates with that of negative thoughts, which is why only those thoughts can feed the pain-body.

The usual pattern of thought creating emotion is reversed in the case of the pain-body, at least initially. Emotion from the pain-body quickly gains control of your thinking, and once your mind has been taken over by the pain-body, your thinking becomes negative. The voice in your head will be telling sad, anxious, or angry stories about yourself or your life, about other people, about past, future, or imaginary events. The voice will be blaming, accusing, complaining, imagining. And you are totally identified with whatever the voice says, believe all its distorted thoughts. At that point, the addiction to unhappiness has set in.

It is not so much that you cannot stop your train of negative thoughts, but that you dont want to. This is because the pain-body at that time is living through you, pretending to be you. And to the pain-body, pain is pleasure. It eagerly devours every negative thought. In fact, the usual voice in your head has now become the voice of the pain-body. It has taken over the internal dialogue. A vicious circle becomes established between the pain-body and your thinking. Every thought feeds the pain-body and in turn the pain-body generates more thoughts. At some point, after a few hours or even a few days, it has replenished itself and returns to its dormant stage, leaving behind a depleted organism and a body that is much more susceptible to illness. If that sounds to you like a psychic parasite, you are right. Thats exactly what it is.

The beginning of freedom from the pain-body lies first of all in the realization that you have a pain-body. Then, more important, in your ability to stay present enough, alert enough, to notice the pain-body in yourself as a heavy influx of negative emotion when it becomes active. When it is recognized, it can no longer pretend to be you and live and renew itself through you.

It is your conscious Presence that breaks the identification with the pain-body. When you dont identify with it, the pain-body can no longer control your thinking and so cannot renew itself anymore by feeding on your thoughts. The pain-body in most cases does not dissolve immediately, but once you have severed the link between it and your thinking, the pain-body begins to lose energy. Your thinking ceases to be clouded by emotion; your present perceptions are no longer distorted by the past. The energy that was trapped in the pain-body then changes its vibrational frequency and is transmuted into Presence.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (27th April 2015), Church (27th April 2015), citrine15 (29th April 2015), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), gardener (27th April 2015), Joanna (6th May 2016), mojo (27th April 2015), Onthebit (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018), sandy (28th April 2015), Spiral of Light (28th April 2015), Tonz (27th April 2015), Wind (28th April 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I want to give my pain body a name.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018), Tonz (28th April 2015)

Thanks
    It can be such a sneaky monkey, I tried calling it lovingly, unt, but it knew what I really meant lol.

Seriously though, naming it may help but making friends with it, mmmm debatable

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

citrine15 (29th April 2015), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018), sandy (28th April 2015), Tonz (28th April 2015)

Thanks
    Names have power.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), citrine15 (29th April 2015), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018), Tonz (28th April 2015)

Thanks
    Names indeed have power and I am a wee bit interested in what your name for your pain body will be/is ?.

This thread was more aimed at peoples who were finding balance difficult on forum of late and hopefulllly was helpfullll to someone.

Is always good for myself to go over the sneaky pain body words above lol.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

citrine15 (29th April 2015), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018)

Thanks
    Haven't come up with a name yet. That was my instinctive reaction to the thought of having a pain body. I may not be able to post it here...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), citrine15 (29th April 2015), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Hi aianawa, great thread, mine is called ambi, it's meaning is- both. I called it this because of the effect it had on both my thinking and emotions. I'm teaching my eldest daughter about ambi, as she suffers with it too. Xxx blessed be xxx

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to citrine15 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th April 2015), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018)

Thanks
    Your an angel, tis true love to teach ones children about the pain body.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

citrine15 (29th April 2015), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018)

Thanks
    After meditating on the idea of giving the pain body a name, simply acknowledging you have a pain body is naming it and that is the first step as such, giving it a name would personalise it but then it is a very personnel relationship lol

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018)

Thanks

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), Emil El Zapato (28th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Oh okay we can this one? :-D

So don't get me wrong identifying an existence in the concept of a 'painbody' is very useful and a great tool.
    It is accurate in describing a process of part of a system, in which the separating off of an identifier such as, 'painbody' is useful for comprehension and absorption.
    It is eventually limited by not being the complete analogy.
    The polarities involved in our way of experiencing requires an intelligent sensor for both pain and joy.
    The circuit of the joy and pain bodies interacting, is a more accurate depiction of what feeds either on their own.

The flutter of joy has been described as being possible because of the experiencing and understanding of various forms and feats of suffering.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 28th March 2018 at 12:43.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2018), Aragorn (28th March 2018), Dreamtimer (28th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (28th March 2018), Emil El Zapato (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018), Wind (29th March 2018)

Thanks
    Often tis about needing valjdation, that's where the guitar playing can happen, others validate your pain bodies position, desire etc.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th March 2018), Dreamtimer (28th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (29th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Oh okay we can this one? :-D

So don't get me wrong identifying an existence in the concept of a 'painbody' is very useful and a great tool.
    It is accurate in describing a process of part of a system, in which the separating off of an identifier such as, 'painbody' is useful for comprehension and absorption.
    It is eventually limited by not being the complete analogy.
    The polarities involved in our way of experiencing requires an intelligent sensor for both pain and joy.
    The circuit of the joy and pain bodies interacting, is a more accurate depiction of what feeds either on their own.

The flutter of joy has been described as being possible because of the experiencing and understanding of various forms and feats of suffering.

I think I'm following U and purddy much agree. Here's what I'm working on:

My body is holding everything I haven't managed to deny out of my base energy field. Pain is a feeling manifesting in body in one or more of various forms, as a result of experiencing trauma in some form. There is much pain being held in body. Some of this I am conscious of. Much of it operates below the conscious level. Iow, the dis-conscious, my un-conscious? Is this the same as Jung's subconscious? I dunno. I just call it the gap. Its estranged from my conscious self.

When someone “snaps” and goes on a shooting spree killing the spouse, the kids, and then themselves, something triggered the survival chakra into ignition. What had been held down rose up and did the deed.

Yeah, that 3rd part (self kills self) sounds like a contradiction eh? Yes and no, depending on how I look at it.

But to my un-evolved survival chakra, anything and everything is a potential threat. Even the rest of my selves. Many of those selves may not be in alignment with each other on the idea that, every pov is right in and of itself. But I didn't come pre-trained. And none of my parts understood that idea. Didn't know the idea in and of itself wasn't a threat. Didn't know I had to manifest experience to gain the understandings. Didn't know to move with the feelings without acting them out.

I felt this, I felt that. Even got a woody! But something didn't feel good. Didn't feel good at all.

And so, I thought this, I thought that. And concluded I didn't want to feel this way. So I shoved it out. And down. Down, down, down. Into that red s**t hole.

Fundamentally there are 4 parts to true earth spirits: spirit, will, body, heart. Of these spirit (S) and will (W) are parental.

In body, S manifests as mind (which is not limited to the head), W as the magnetic center in body. H, the balance point between them and manifest in body. In body S communicates as thought patterns and inspiration. W communicates as feelings and intuition.

S = electro. W = magnetic. Electromagnetism. EM, the dance between the electro and the magnetic. The + and the -. The male and the female. The father and the mother. The polarities of the one.

Sometimes that energetic interaction, that dynamic, that dance of communication between my spirit and my will is a beautiful thing. Sometimes, all hell breaks loose.

In context of As Above So Below I can extrapolate that scenario all the way to the godhead. Maybe things weren't all that lovey dovey in the beginning. Maybe that's why we call it the big bang.

And now u guys know a lot more about me...
    Last edited by palooka's revenge, 28th March 2018 at 17:39.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th March 2018), Dreamtimer (28th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (29th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), Wind (29th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post

But to my un-evolved survival chakra, anything and everything is a potential threat. Even the rest of my selves. Many of those selves may not be in alignment with each other on the idea that, every pov is right in and of itself. But I didn't come pre-trained. And none of my parts understood that idea. Didn't know the idea in and of itself wasn't a threat. Didn't know I had to manifest experience to gain the understandings. Didn't know to move with the feelings without acting them out.

Fundamentally there are 4 parts to true earth spirits: spirit, will, body, heart. Of these spirit (S) and will (W) are parental.

In body, S manifests as mind (which is not limited to the head), W as the magnetic center in body. H, the balance point between them and manifest in body. In body S communicates as thought patterns and inspiration. W communicates as feelings and intuition.

S = electro. W = magnetic. Electromagnetism. EM, the dance between the electro and the magnetic. The + and the -. The male and the female. The father and the mother. The polarities of the one.

Sometimes that energetic interaction, that dynamic, that dance of communication between my spirit and my will is a beautiful thing. Sometimes, all hell breaks loose.

In context of As Above So Below I can extrapolate that scenario all the way to the godhead. Maybe things weren't all that lovey dovey in the beginning. Maybe that's why we call it the big bang.

And now u guys know a lot more about me...
    Welcome to the forum. Your input is interesting and thanks.

I had terrible colic and literally screamed for months. My GI track was disturbed. That is part of the skin.My mother did not hold me much EVER and I never hugged and snuggled easily until I learned as an adult. Now I am a massage therapist so my focus lately is on the relationship of touch, the skin, social alienation and disease AND well being in social situations, empathy and kindness being relatable to a functioning MEMBRANE that is physically at the skin and energetically in our reality bubble....

I recall reading that Bruce Lipton started his career as a cell biologist and found that cells move away from environmental threats and toward beneficial conditions. Then he postulated that the "brain" of the cell is in the membrane and that is one very interesting point to me.

I do look at the world as being perceived energy and information. In taking the analogy of the cell the "membrane" or the interface between "us" and the world is really important as a first line to trigger self protection.

I like Tolle's "pain body" metaphor but I think it is not a real "thing". IMo it is not the territory but a map kind of description. Even if we are not aware, I think we may receive information at the "skin" level of energetic kinds. Some are more defensive and reactionary about perceived threats (easy going versus hypersensitive).

IMO we ARE conditioned to be hypervigilant to perceived threats. Maybe in a different map explanation, the narcissist (with a tendency to be all superficial) is triggered by any perceived social (memberane) threat. Living just on the surface, BUT always attentive and responsive to the "social" context their skin brain system is hyperaroused to the extreme. the inner signals of heart brain are dulled? These folks are very "touchy". Someone with a hypersensitive perceptual system who closes off their signals form the autistic spectrum?

The calmed arousal membrane (skin brain) system can attend to inner signals and is less influenced by social pressures to feel good?

In any case, I KNOW that when babies are held, they are naturally less in pain. Later those of us who were never held, actually may find INTIMACY very painful. We who were deprived of kindness and comfort may be actually seemingly preferring discord and fighting? It is all IMO an individual reaction but a PRIMARY cause.

There is actually a "holding therapy" for children that works to help them tolerate others more and be more "normally" socially responsive.
    IMO the pain BODY is our under developed skin brain. Just one idea but worth being SERIOUS about holding, snuggling and constantly touching babies and KNOW that touch is vital for all to feel well. Even if we are awkward and doubt it helps to hug, get some, get more, give them and receive them and see how you can learn to feel!
    Last edited by Maggie, 28th March 2018 at 18:36.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th March 2018), Dreamtimer (28th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (28th March 2018), Elen (29th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (28th March 2018), Wind (29th March 2018)

Thanks
    Really good points, Maggie. Touch is so important. If I know someone well enough, even barely, I hug them hello and goodbye. Hugs are a great form of touch.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th March 2018), Elen (29th March 2018), enjoy being (28th March 2018), palooka's revenge (29th March 2018), Wind (29th March 2018)