Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We all know this do we not ?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Subject A loves to laugh for they are free of burdens.
    Subject B loves to laugh for it adds value to the moments of pain.

As equally unnoticeable to us sometimes, our enjoyment in the 'joy' body can be explicitly linked with contrasting itself with pain from the pain body.
    The way food tastes good when you are hungry.
    The way absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    The search for the perfect wave of joy is totally connected with the pain body, in that our sensory quantification of events is metered by comparing and contrasting polarities.

Our interactions between joy and pain are that which gives us drive and motivation. In this way, the pain body becomes a catalyser. To be aware of it seems very much like a good thing, but trying to remove it or completely eradicate it is futile for a number of reasons. (And I realise that is not the point for many speaking about 'pain body')
    Pointing back to just awareness of the concept of the dynamic being the important bit. Action to counter it seems impossible to do consciously, and perhaps 'action' just comes about by itself.
    I still think it is important within the concept, to acknowledge the even slipperier contribution that the joy body makes to the energising of the pain body.
    Think, addiction. Whether it be to substances of energies. It might be someone who "Loves Christmas".

For decades, without knowing about the term 'painbody', I have seen people interacting from within such stances and have been quite aware of the state of the hurt. And what becomes obvious is that people are attached to their little ratwheels. They can project to xmas, or they can set up landings between the rapids they have created, and the xmas landings become just a full of fuel as the points of pain on their anthropological map.
    Sometimes things are called pain because they do not compare well to the points on the joy body. Sometimes they work well to give more value to a joy though. So sometimes some of the painbody locations are nurtured. Other ones are real and represent pain which has not reward at the end, but many are in a dependency loop with a favoured joy.
    Some are natural systems. That is why much of it exists. You know, like being warm is joyful so being cold is painful or the large example of the chemical bliss of sex as a 'bribe' to make humans want to reproduce, and how the modern world has tapped into sex bliss as a joybody medication for the pain body, without realising that's what it is doing.
    But as we have started playing with props and fake environments in the modern world, the re-wiring has been a bit absent minded. By not being aware of these levels of intelligence, we just react as things come towards us and blame archetypes. But by being able to have perspective and begin to see our selves in action, we are learning to describe these concepts and to focus and refine and improve on them in understanding of the phenomenon they describe.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 29th March 2018 at 00:18.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2018), Aragorn (29th March 2018), Dreamtimer (29th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (29th March 2018), Elen (29th March 2018), palooka's revenge (29th March 2018), Wind (29th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Loved reading your post, still digesting, If one in their pain body is aware of the pain inflicted upon themselves or another, imo one has moved to different terrortory, maybe another facet but definitely not the unacknowledged pain body.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th March 2018), Dreamtimer (29th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (29th March 2018), Elen (29th March 2018), enjoy being (29th March 2018), palooka's revenge (29th March 2018), Wind (29th March 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    The way I see it what Tolle is describing/defining as the painbody is what I loosely referred to @ #13 as the gap. He's far from the 1st to attempt to mitigate it, to tame it. Collectively we make a good audience as this is something we all attempt to do as it purddy much has us all by the short hairs. Unfortunately though, with very little success. Sooner or later its gonna get triggered (there are reasons most of which have been lost to consciousness). This is part of why we're all ears when someone forwards what may appear to be a new idea.

I give him BIG credit for recognizing that to be there with it is a sin quo non in the process bid'ness. But bottom line, the best such tactics will muster in the healing bid'ness is as a coping mechanism. Its as an allopathic solution to an homopathic malady. Which is to say a cover up. And does little to forward healing of original causality. Way too many of us have come to believe that coping is the best we can expect.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2018), Aragorn (29th March 2018), Dreamtimer (30th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (29th March 2018), Elen (29th March 2018), enjoy being (29th March 2018), Wind (29th March 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    ...as one who has used consciousness and massage to alleviate pain and movement restrictions in my own body, which was deemed “not correctable” but by surgery or pain pills, I’ll say this: in many cases you can use meditation, yoga, and massage to correct such. But you must believe it works, and work on the pain area every day, and in the case of painful joints, several times a day. And you cannot flinch from causing pain while working on the area.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2018), Aragorn (29th March 2018), Dreamtimer (29th March 2018), Elen (30th March 2018), Maggie (30th March 2018), palooka's revenge (29th March 2018), Wind (29th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    We often don't want to face to our pain and choose to run away from it. Why? Because it's painful, obviously. You can run, but you can't hide from it though. Sooner or later you will have to face it, because otherwise it will always remain as a problem. Pain is real, it is part of life. It can be transcened though. I do feel that divine love is the answer.

"People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain."

~ Jim Morrison

Last edited by Wind, 29th March 2018 at 19:45.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th March 2018), Aragorn (30th March 2018), Dreamtimer (30th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (29th March 2018), Elen (30th March 2018), palooka's revenge (30th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    ...as one who has used consciousness and massage to alleviate pain and movement restrictions in my own body, which was deemed “not correctable” but by surgery or pain pills, I’ll say this: in many cases you can use meditation, yoga, and massage to correct such. But you must believe it works, and work on the pain area every day, and in the case of painful joints, several times a day. And you cannot flinch from causing pain while working on the area.
    My happy experience is that since I started practicing as a massage therapist, I have lost the low back pain that I had chronically been experiencing. Also, my energy level has amped up tremendously. It is definitely the best new stage in my life ever. I have 100% faith that any aspect of the physical is remediable through care and attention.

One helpful theorist about pain in the back I encounetered is Dr Sarno. When we have physical pain, there is an added fear that we will hurt ourelves further by using the body.For instance with back pain, people sometimes stop exercising for fear that we will have further injury. I did realize that I need not worry that my back ached but it still hurt. Then I started a new career that may lead to making enough money to actually pay my bills. Since low back pain is related to basic survival concerns, this AND loving doing the work has been WONDERFUL.

The late Dr. John Sarno, a professor of rehabilitation medicine, used mind-body techniques to treat patients with severe low back pain. His specialty was those who have already had surgery for low back pain and did not get any relief. This is a tough group of patients, yet he claimed to have a greater than 80 percent success rate using techniques like the Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT). A recent Vox article6 discusses Sarno's unconventional treatment strategies for back pain, citing feedback from enthusiastic patients:

"'Thousands of people, including myself and my husband, cured our chronic back pain using [Sarno's] methods,' wrote Karen Karvonen. Another Sarno devotee, Steven Schroeder, said the doctor changed his life. Schroeder's back pain flared whenever he was stressed — a busy time at work, an illness in his family.

After he absorbed Sarno's books, the discomfort mostly vanished. 'I still sometimes have pain now in times of stress — but I can literally make it go away with mental focus,' Schroeder, a lawyer in Chicago, wrote in an email. 'It is crazy.'

Though he may not be a household name, Sarno is probably America's most famous back pain doctor. Before his death on June 22, a day shy of his 94th birthday, he published four books and built a cult-like following of thousands of patients … Many of them claim to have been healed by Sarno, who essentially argued back pain was all in people's heads."

Before his death, Sarno was even the subject of a full-length documentary, "All the Rage: Saved by Sarno," produced through Kickstarter donations. The film is expected to become available on Netflix before the end of the year. He was also featured in a "20/20" segment in 1999 (below).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsR4wydiIBI

As noted by Sarno in "All the Rage" — a four-minute trailer of which is included above — "I tell [my patient] what's going on, and lo and behold, it stops hurting." The "what" that is going on is not a physical problem at all — it's emotions: anger; fear; frustration; rage. https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...-emotions.aspx
    Here is an audio book from the late Dr. Sarno

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXjsexiDKE
    Last edited by Maggie, 30th March 2018 at 02:23.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th March 2018), Aragorn (30th March 2018), Dreamtimer (30th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (30th March 2018), Elen (30th March 2018), palooka's revenge (30th March 2018), Wind (30th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I just had a massage the other day. I rarely get them. The therapist mentioned the lymph system and how massage helps to move it and keep the body cleansed. Activity is so important for this and people are very sedentary.

I can see how giving massage would help as well. You're moving and working your body and also engaging in a healing, therapeutic type activity.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th March 2018), Aragorn (30th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (30th March 2018), Elen (30th March 2018), Maggie (30th March 2018), palooka's revenge (30th March 2018), Wind (30th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I just had a massage the other day. I rarely get them. The therapist mentioned the lymph system and how massage helps to move it and keep the body cleansed. Activity is so important for this and people are very sedentary.

I can see how giving massage would help as well. You're moving and working your body and also engaging in a healing, therapeutic type activity.
    Did you like how the massage felt? Did the experience leave a lasting impression (massage joke haha)
    IMO Massage RULES hehe...do I sound objective?

Did you see this news?

Lurking just under your skin might be a new organ only now identified for the first time, say a team of scientists.

In a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports, researchers from New York University's School of Medicine say they have found a new organ they're calling the "interstitium."

It's nearly everywhere—just below the skin's surface, surrounding arteries and veins, casing the fibrous tissue between muscles, and lining our digestive tracts, lungs, and urinary systems.

It looks like a mesh. The interstitium is a layer of fluid-filled compartments strung together in a web of collagen and a flexible protein called elastin. Previously, scientists thought the layer was simply dense connective tissue. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...nd-cancer-spd/
    The implications are for me that it is a vast communication network touching every cell. Fluid highways and byways... is this the innernet? I found also this week new support that water imprints information.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gNSkMEDTQ
    Last edited by Maggie, 30th March 2018 at 14:44.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th March 2018), Aragorn (30th March 2018), Dreamtimer (30th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (30th March 2018), Elen (30th March 2018), palooka's revenge (30th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    It's a kind of missing biological link. I was reading about it yesterday.

The massage I just had wasn't my favorite, but it was a good one. I was wakeful, it was only noon, and I was talkative. I was talkative another time, a few years ago. Otherwise, I've been pretty quiet during massages. That has almost always been directly connected to my mood, unless I was just really tired. I don't get them often.

The fellow who gave it to me was the senior therapist there, it was a health center attached to a hospital. He works with a lot of elderly people. He had quite a vigorous style.

Interestingly, He talked about the art of receiving a massage. The ability to relax. He also described me as very 'energetic'.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th March 2018), Aragorn (30th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (30th March 2018), Elen (30th March 2018), Maggie (30th March 2018), palooka's revenge (30th March 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    Thanks Maggie...that was GREAT! I wish I had a microscope now.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th March 2018), Aragorn (30th March 2018), Dreamtimer (30th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (30th March 2018), Maggie (30th March 2018), palooka's revenge (30th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post
    The way I see it what Tolle is describing/defining as the painbody is what I loosely referred to @ #13 as the gap. He's far from the 1st to attempt to mitigate it, to tame it. Collectively we make a good audience as this is something we all attempt to do as it purddy much has us all by the short hairs. Unfortunately though, with very little success. Sooner or later its gonna get triggered (there are reasons most of which have been lost to consciousness). This is part of why we're all ears when someone forwards what may appear to be a new idea.

I give him BIG credit for recognizing that to be there with it is a sin quo non in the process bid'ness. But bottom line, the best such tactics will muster in the healing bid'ness is as a coping mechanism. Its as an allopathic solution to an homopathic malady. Which is to say a cover up. And does little to forward healing of original causality. Way too many of us have come to believe that coping is the best we can expect.
    Palooka, you're laying it out there, baby...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th March 2018), Aragorn (30th March 2018), Dreamtimer (30th March 2018), Dumpster Diver (30th March 2018), Elen (30th March 2018), palooka's revenge (30th March 2018)