Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ToT My Experience

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 325 Posts

Smile ToT My Experience

The One Truth truly is a great place where I can be among friends and tell them all my theories I have mention a few already a place of like minds. Well I had a few experiences with friends in which case I will never speak to them again it is good to move on there was no argument just a difference of opinion others I forgave and try to forget mostly I try to ignore . Others I had to walk away from for I had the feeling I was just being used .

The One Truth recent troubles by a few well who is to say you do not have a point. This site had recent serious legal threats over a thread that was posted here and there was a huge appeal among all members to become a mod to help out as the founder cannot be here 24/7. When this thread was posted there was only one mod on duty. When in trouble you turn to your friends for advice and help I have no problem with that especially when there is trouble and a shortage of mods.

forgive understand be friends again
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), Aragorn (26th April 2015), Cearna (27th April 2015), Church (26th April 2015), Ciauzar (26th April 2015), Frances (26th April 2015), gardener (26th April 2015), GCS1103 (26th April 2015), grannyfranny (26th April 2015), jimmer (26th April 2015), mojo (26th April 2015), Spiral of Light (26th April 2015), The One (26th April 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,508 Times in 335 Posts
    Good point, jonsnow. This is a place where we can post our thoughts and beliefs and not get bombarded with snide remarks. We will move on, getting over the bumps that slow us down temporarily, and learn from any mistakes we make. The core of this forum is a great group of people who are always adding to our knowledge and helping us to understand this crazy world a little better. I appreciate TOT and the massive time and energy it takes to put it together and keep it running. In my mind, that's an incredible accomplishment that benefits all of us who love it here.
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), Aragorn (26th April 2015), Cearna (27th April 2015), Ciauzar (26th April 2015), Frances (26th April 2015), jimmer (26th April 2015), jonsnow (26th April 2015), Spiral of Light (26th April 2015), The One (26th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 315 Posts
    No offense snow, but if you think this is about any one thread or post you are sadly mistaken.
    The complaints are over threads being locked and or disappeared, posts within other threads disappeared. The complaint is censorship. And when the complaint is made a denial is made and the complaint is silenced.
    ...to the topTop

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), Cearna (27th April 2015), jonsnow (26th April 2015), Omnisense (26th April 2015), The One (26th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,695 Times in 10,223 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by DNA View Post
    No offense snow, but if you think this is about any one thread or post you are sadly mistaken.
    The complaints are over threads being locked and or disappeared, posts within other threads disappeared. The complaint is censorship. And when the complaint is made a denial is made and the complaint is silenced.
    oh come on i thought we had moved on from this.You were all ok with this when you signed up to tot.The rules say we can edit,delete without explanation but it would not surprise me in the least DNA if you ever bothered to look at the rules upon signing up here

No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), Aragorn (26th April 2015), Church (26th April 2015), Ciauzar (26th April 2015), jonsnow (26th April 2015), mojo (26th April 2015), Spiral of Light (26th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Well even you will have to say recently ( I new here ) there has been a lot of errors I myself have lost several posts which disappeared into the great either never to return even when tot was restored

As to censorship people have gone to prison for posts made on Facebook many years in prison for a stupid comment made by a teenager who does not know better threats were made here over a tread here legal threats I have spent couple hundred euro on lawyers recently it was not a pleasant experience so censorship is a fact of life deal with it
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), Aragorn (26th April 2015), Church (26th April 2015), Ciauzar (26th April 2015), GCS1103 (26th April 2015), mojo (26th April 2015), Spiral of Light (26th April 2015), The One (26th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,112 Times in 20,309 Posts
    If all of you plaintiffs were to get past your own egos and past the lies instilled by people who are clearly addicted to drama -- not to mention someone with oppositional-defiant disorder and someone with narcissistic and antisocial personality disorder, both of whom were banned a few days ago -- then you would see that the only threads which are being locked and the only posts which are being deleted are those threads and posts which contain lies and direct attacks against other forum members -- which includes moderators, because we are forum members too -- and that such attacks are a clear violation of the rules as set forth by Malc. And the more he's been reminding you of those rules, the more you've been antagonizing and spreading your venom across the forum.

So if you want to call the removing of untruthful, ego-driven and ad hominem threads and posts which directly violate the rules of the forum "censorship", then yes, I guess that we would be censoring that. Except that this is not censorship and never has been. If it had actually been censorship, then your above comment would have been deleted on the spot.

As strange as it may sound, we have so far received two warnings that a psy-op was going to take place here at The One Truth. And lookie here: a psy-op is exactly what we've got going on. We've got people here whispering in other people's ears that we read PMs, while we do not. Yes, it can be done, but this requires a special vBulletin plugin, which we do not have. In fact, Church is very adamant that we don't use too many plugins and that our vBulletin installation would remain fairly vanilla, because many of those plugins are known to cause problems. They might be handy for playing around in non-production installations on a test machine, but by the same token they could seriously break the forum if we install them. In fact, we've had such an issue not too long ago, where we lost a number of posts because we had to restore a backup due to a buggy module, which was itself intended to solve another bug -- i.e. a misalignment of the member names in the list of members who clicked "thanks" on a post. So at the moment, we've still got that misalignment going on because we removed the buggy module and we've restored the backup.

Now, I don't know 777 (Ben) because I've never spoken to him -- I have spoken to Tribe (Sarah), and she's a wonderful person -- but from reading his thread, which is in violation of the forum rules, it is clear that he's taking a cheap shot at Church because Malc brought Church back into the team. So here's my opinion of things, based upon my observation so far as well as my experience at very intensively working with the mod team for now just about a week: 777 felt that he needed to protest against Malc's decision to bring back Church, and so he decided to step down instead of settling his differences with Church in an adult manner. And so now he regrets that he has done that, and so he's smearing Malc and Church and accusing us of things we do not do.

This is not Avalon. Malc is not Bill Ryan. We don't read PMs. We don't censor. If this had been Avalon, then the ban hammer would have already long come down on all of you by now for your repeated attempts at stirring up an insurrection. Bill Ryan doesn't exactly mind kicking half of his member base off of the forum, or even firing all of his moderators at the same time. He has already done that before, back during the time of Avalon 1, and he has also subtly been forcing "dissenting" moderators out of the mod team there in the past six months in order to replace them with moderators whom he can control. Do you see something of that nature going on here? No, I didn't think so either.

Another thing that's also been happening here is that the troublemakers have been turned into martyrs. First there was Anarp, who openly insulted Malc over Malc's dyslexia on Anarp's first day as a member here. And then there was his outburst when he saw that a forum bug caused him to lose some of his latest posts -- as well as those of other posters. Anarp accused us of being a police state, fascists, and whatever else have you. And then he sent me personally a PM in which he pompously, arrogantly and grotesquely insulted me, in addition to repeating his accusations against the moderator team, and in an equally bombastic manner. If there was one thing clear from all of that -- and trust me, I know what I'm talking about, and yes, I do have a background training in the medical field -- then it is that Anarp is clearly afflicted with narcissistic psychopathy, otherwise known as narcissistic and antisocial personality disorder.

And that brings us to the other martyr in this story: Pris. Pris had already been booted off of Avalon for her behavior there, and she had also already been booted off of The One Truth (multiple times) over the same. Pris also has a psychiatric condition, known as oppositional-defiant disorder. Or otherwise put, Pris is an eternal "rebel without a cause". She has a compulsive drive to stir up trouble and antagonize. And so naturally, she sided up with Anarp all the way, and right from the start.

Pris and a few other troublemakers then started that thread about Transparency, which seemed serene, but was based upon outright lies, carefully worded so as to play into people's sympathy and gullibility. And then that stuff was not only posted all over the forum, one thread after the other -- including that it was spammed to threads where it clearly had no place, such as GoodETxSG's Q&A thread -- but it was also sent as a mass spam PM to every member of The One Truth who had made at least 20 posts. We, the mods, had to play "whack a mole" all over the forum. Whenever we tried to contain an outbreak of such libelous and insidious venom, a new thread was started by someone else.

Do you guys think that this is all acceptable? Do you think that this is really good for the forum? Do you think you're being so enlightened when playing these childish ego games? Well, here's some news for you. Pris is now a moderator at that new forum that she, Anarp, NANUXII and whoever else have created, so Pris will now learn what it means to be a moderator, and we'll see how long it takes before she realizes that you have to either start moderating and deleting posts, or else let go of your forum and let it become a jungle.

We here at The One Truth respect our community and our bona fide members too much to let this place turn into something like Godlike Productions, or -- <deity of choice> forbid -- InPHInet.

Whatever you people think of the moderator team, I can tell you with my hand on my heart that you are wrong. I've been working with these people, and quite intensively, as I wrote already. I've seen them under stress, and I've seen them relaxed. They are all fantastic people with good intentions. There is no dictatorship here. We always deliberate as a group, and we do it democratically, and with a heart for our members. And yes, that includes Church, who has been turned into the boogieman by 777. Church is a hands-on guy with lots of experience in moderating, so he can spot a situation arising from a far, and he knows what to do about it. But he's also very compassionate, loyal, open-minded, and conscientious.

I am proud to be a member of The One Truth. I was already proud to be a member here before I became a moderator. And now that I am a moderator, I am proud to be a member of this moderator team. We are not perfect. We too are only human. But we're doing the best we can at protecting the qualities that separate The One Truth from other on-line communities in "the alternative playing field".

And you are my friend, DNA, but if you or anyone else feels like you don't belong here anymore, then that is regretful, but then you are all free to leave. Nobody's keeping you here. But if you decide to stay, then you should know that there are rules, and then you are expected to abide by them. Just like there are rules that any guest in your own home must abide by. Or would you just sit there nodding on your sofa while one of your guests calls your teenage daughter a slut, wipes his nose on your curtains, tells your wife that her cooking sucks cue balls through a garden hose, kicks your dog down the stairs and tells you that you're a poor excuse for a human being? I think not. I think that you would take that guest by the scruff in a heartbeat and send him flying out of your driveway with his face hitting the tarmac a couple of meters/yards farther down the road. And then you'd slam the door and you may even pour yourself a strong one to wash away the filth you've just had to hear. And don't you dare say that you wouldn't.

I'll get off my soap box now. I just want everyone to think about my words for a moment, and come to terms with your inner selves and what drives you. Recognize the little dark voice that whispers lies into your ears and cast him out. This is the ugly truth behind the Hollywood drama that has been playing out here in the last few weeks: just a bunch of immature troublemakers with personality issues who like digging up old vendettas so as to have more ammunition, instead of coming to terms with the darker side of who they are as people. No more, no less. Enlightenment doesn't even begin to touch it.

Namaste.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 26th April 2015 at 22:23. Reason: correcting my own dyslexia :p
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =
    ...to the topTop

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), bacchus (26th April 2015), bsbray (27th April 2015), Cearna (27th April 2015), Ciauzar (26th April 2015), DNA (26th April 2015), Dreamtimer (27th April 2015), Frances (26th April 2015), GCS1103 (27th April 2015), jonsnow (26th April 2015), lookbeyond (26th April 2015), Maunagarjana (26th April 2015), modwiz (26th April 2015), mojo (26th April 2015), RealityCreation (26th April 2015), Spiral of Light (26th April 2015), The One (26th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    lets just all be friends and get along
    Last edited by jonsnow, 26th April 2015 at 22:05.
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), Aragorn (26th April 2015), Cearna (27th April 2015), Ciauzar (26th April 2015), Frances (26th April 2015), jcocks (27th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 315 Posts
    Aragorn I would never claim to be as intelligent or articulate as yourself, but I don't need to be in order to see outright censorship. You can go Leo Tolstoy all you want in claiming that this is not the case, but even you will have to admit there are varying degrees of censorship going on. You can't use the logic of just because it isn't the most draconian version of censorship it's not censorship.
    And contrary to your alleging there is viral discontent being spread through the whispers of psychologicaly compromised individuals let it be known I'm making statements based on what I'm perceiving.

As Samuel L Jackson said in Pulp Fiction, " You can go walk with the Shepard if you need to but my eyes are wide mother fkn open".
    ...to the topTop

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Enough now Aragorn you do not know Ben your not in any position to speak. You over look there is a long history of friendship which has gone to the wall this can be very painful for some people. For this situation to of happened means many crossed wires between people have accrued. And who knows who might of been stirring the pot. I'm shore Church doesn't know all the ins and outs, he's only recently turned up, so how could he. So Just stop knocking people and situations you don't know about.
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I have a comment section with my you tube channel and have been accused of censorship for deleting posts. I replied that since I allowed comments, I would decide the aesthetics of my comments. It isn't about being negative but, how the post contributes to the conversation from and aspects of intelligent, informed dialogue or whether it is just emotional ranting and someone just pooping in the section. It is hygiene, not censorship. Keeping the place tidy and coherent is not inhibition of freedom of speech.

Freedom comes with responsibility to demonstrate one has something to add to a conversation that enhances understanding. Even if it is tearing down someone's "theory", all is well if it is presented as a critique and not just an opinion one has an emotional charge about.

It is also good to not be emotionally attached to ideas either. They serve us or they do not.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous
    ...to the topTop

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th April 2015), bsbray (27th April 2015), Cearna (27th April 2015), Church (26th April 2015), Ciauzar (26th April 2015), GCS1103 (27th April 2015), InCiDeR (27th April 2015), lovechild (27th April 2015), mojo (27th April 2015), Spiral of Light (26th April 2015)

Thanks
    Aragorn I would never claim to be as intelligent or articulate as yourself, but I don't need to be in order to see outright censorship.
    Fine, there is censorship, you say? Show me where. And by the way, I myself have been accused of censorship when I deleted posts, and regardless of my explaining why I deleted them, so I recognize those allegations.

You see, there are occasions where it would theoretically be possible to remove negativity from a thread by mod-editing a whole series of individual posts on a thread. But with a staff as small as ours and a forum this big, do you have any idea how much time and energy that would take? So we have the choice...:

• Leave it all in place and let it become an inconsistent jungle, with incoherent bits and pieces left over as remnants from an earlier clash.

• Mod-edit all the individual posts which contain inflammatory stuff, including all the bits and pieces -- quotes, references to other posts, et al -- and make that a full-time job, because we are understaffed.

• Delete the offending posts and all posts containing remnants of the inflammatory stuff. This is easiest, because we just tick the boxes on all the posts and then we can delete them in one go, with a reason for the deletion given in the moderation box.

I'll go with door #3, thank you.

You can go Leo Tolstoy all you want in claiming that this is not the case, but even you will have to admit there are varying degrees of censorship going on.
    My eyes may no longer be what they used to be, but unless I'm utterly blind, I don't see any censorship. And I've been sitting here monitoring the forum and the mod room for at least 8 hours a day, and that's just me. The other mods are also putting in long hours, and checking in multiple times a day. And all that we do gets reported in the mod room, so nobody's missing out on anything.

Here's a clue: If you want to be in a harmonious community and you seek enlightenment, then first and foremost, come to terms with your inner self, and secondly, don't do anything to disrupt that harmony. Because before you know it, it spreads beyond your control and then you'll have a war on your hands, with a battlefield so full of confusion that nobody even remembers how it started anymore or who's to be trusted and who's likely to stab you in the back.

You can't use the logic of just because it isn't the most draconian version of censorship it's not censorship. And contrary to your alleging there is viral discontent being spread through the whispers of psychologicaly compromised individuals let it be known I'm making statements based on what I'm perceiving.
    I fully agree with that. Except that the psychologically compromised individuals are not the ones you think they would be. They are the ones standing right beside you and whispering in your ears, creating the "us versus them" scenario.

And then you guys are talking about Oneness and unity?

As Samuel L Jackson said in Pulp Fiction, " You can go walk with the Shepard if you need to but my eyes are wide mother fkn open".
    Yeah, that's what all the sleepers say. That's why this world is what it is. You're all convinced that our planet is being ruled by conspiracies, but you fail to see the very conspiracy under your nose -- the one you are an unwitting participant of.
    ...to the topTop

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th April 2015), Ciauzar (27th April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Ria View Post
    Enough now Aragorn you do not know Ben your not in any position to speak.
    He wrote a thread, Ria. He wrote it all down there himself. So I am addressing what he wrote. If that is untruthful, then I suggest you take a good look at his own words again.

You over look there is a long history of friendship which has gone to the wall this can be very painful for some people. For this situation to of happened means many crossed wires between people have accrued. And who knows who might of been stirring the pot. I'm shore Church doesn't know all the ins and outs, he's only recently turned up, so how could he. So Just stop knocking people and situations you don't know about.
    Ben was taking pot shots at Church and naming Church as the reason as to why he [Ben] stepped down as administrator. This has nothing to do with the past friendship between Malc and Ben, nor should Ben have dug up any sour gripes from times past.
    ...to the topTop

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th April 2015), Ciauzar (27th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Jonsnow, I really appreciate what you've said in this thread. Thank you.

...to the topTop

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Church For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th April 2015), Cearna (27th April 2015), Ciauzar (27th April 2015), jonsnow (27th April 2015), Ria (26th April 2015), Spiral of Light (26th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Aragorn I do not agree with your attitude and picking at this wound.
    I will repeat you do not know everything leave it alone.
    Furthermore I have not atacked Church.
    Last edited by Ria, 26th April 2015 at 23:03.
    ...to the topTop

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th April 2015)

Thanks
    Aragorn I do not agree with your attitude and picking at this wound.
    You are being unfair. I am not picking at anybody's wound, nor do I see where I would have done that. I am merely refuting claims which have been made in the wide open.

It's called transparency. Isn't that what you people wanted in the first place? Transparency and honesty? Or was it all merely intended as a one-sided slagfest? "We're feeling bored, so let's bash the mods for a while"?

I will repeat you do not know everything leave it alone.
    And I have never addressed any subjects that I do not know anything about, so what's your point?

I am addressing the subjects which are being played out right here and right now. No more, no less. Perhaps you should read my words more carefully.

Furthermore I have not atacked Church.
    Well, then I guess everything is peachy, because I don't recall having accused you of such either.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 26th April 2015 at 23:18.
    ...to the topTop

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th April 2015)