Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you really know how much Neil Young did?

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,496 Times in 1,190 Posts
    NEIL YOUNG - Harvest (Royal Festival Hall 1971)
    Neil Young's first ever performance of Harvest - he'd written it the night before so these are the original lyrics

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Calz (24th April 2015), gardener (24th April 2015), GCS1103 (25th April 2015), Tonz (25th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Really enjoyed the vid. He seems very genuine ,but complex if that makes any sense.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to liderr For This Useful Post:

Calz (24th April 2015), gardener (24th April 2015), GCS1103 (25th April 2015), Tonz (25th April 2015)

Thanks
    DAVID CROSBY - If I Could Only Remember My Name (1971)
    This may be a tiny little bit off-topic, although Neil Young plays guitar on this absolutely fabulous album. This is imo one of the best albums ever made. If you're not familiar with it I promise you it will totally blow you away.

David Crosby - guitars, vocals Laura Allan - autoharp, vocal Jack Casady - bass David Freiberg - vocal Jerry Garcia - guitars, pedal steel guitar, vocal Mickey Hart - drums Paul Kantner - vocal Jorma Kaukonen - guitar Bill Kreutzmann - drums, tambourine Phil Lesh - bass, vocal Joni Mitchell - vocals Graham Nash - guitar, vocals Gregg Rolie - piano Michael Shrieve - drums Grace Slick - vocal Neil Young - guitars, bass, vibraphone, congas, vocals

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 346 Posts
    Thank you all for posting these videos loved it love Neil Young, mostly I love the album "the harvest" woul love to hear more of the harvest, truly appreciated thanks guys.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardener For This Useful Post:

GCS1103 (25th April 2015), Tonz (25th April 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Cowgirl in the Sand

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fAXl97-RFg

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

gardener (25th April 2015), GCS1103 (25th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Thank you all for posting these videos loved it love Neil Young, mostly I love the album "the harvest" woul love to hear more of the harvest, truly appreciated thanks guys.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Chester (25th April 2015), gardener (25th April 2015), GCS1103 (25th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Really enjoyed the vid. He seems very genuine ,but complex if that makes any sense.
    Yes , he seems very complex , perhaps he had to be , as he made his beliefs and stuck to them , for the good and the bad, never changed in that ,never giving in , even if it wasn't in his best interest .Stubborn is what came to mind but his reason was never to be trapped in a style or sound like so many others.That is what i got from the interview ,and i picked up a few pointers for myself along the way.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Chester (25th April 2015), GCS1103 (25th April 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    All I'll say is that Crosby Stills & Nash were out of Laurel Canyon, meaning they were probably sponsored by military/intelligence. Jim Morrison of The Doors is another example of this, as well as Frank Zappa. Hendrix's girlfriend that was with him when he was drowned in wine (as his coroner actually concluded) -- he met her at Laurel Canyon.

I still like The Doors somewhat, and it's more info than I'm preparing to lecture on but I'll give you guys this much to start off with: Jim Morrison's dad was the Navy admiral in charge of the Gulf of Tonkin false flag that got us into the Vietnam War. Check it out for yourselves. You think it's a coincidence? It's a good introduction to Laurel Canyon.

Hats off to Neil Young.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Tonz (25th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 346 Posts
    Hello Tonz what a terrific surprise thank you my friend I am going to be playing this for weeks I love the harvest that was so kind of you. What I would like to ask you Tonz (hope I am not pushing my luck here) but I have tried everywhere to get the travelling willberries do you have any ideas? I am grateful to you for your help, kind regards gardener.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gardener For This Useful Post:

Tonz (25th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Here Gardener ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8s9...DZxEtO&index=1

There is a commercial between songs or you can choose songs from the right hand panel with the list on this collection , enjoy .
    Last edited by Tonz, 25th April 2015 at 13:34.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    All I'll say is that Crosby Stills & Nash were out of Laurel Canyon, meaning they were probably sponsored by military/intelligence. Jim Morrison of The Doors is another example of this, as well as Frank Zappa. Hendrix's girlfriend that was with him when he was drowned in wine (as his coroner actually concluded) -- he met her at Laurel Canyon.

I still like The Doors somewhat, and it's more info than I'm preparing to lecture on but I'll give you guys this much to start off with: Jim Morrison's dad was the Navy admiral in charge of the Gulf of Tonkin false flag that got us into the Vietnam War. Check it out for yourselves. You think it's a coincidence? It's a good introduction to Laurel Canyon.
    bsbray, why not do a thread on all of this? I'm shore there would be many that would appreciate it.imho

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post

Hats off to Neil Young.
    I'm aware of the whole Laurel Canyon thing and agree about it's significance. The big question I have about the part both Tavistock/Beatles and whatever American faction that was planting the Laurel Canyon and other closely related musicians during that time is... This 'military' interference also spawned some of the best songwriting and most talented musicianship ever. Mass appeal, rarified, soul stirring musical talent can be manufactured and programmed???

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeLab For This Useful Post:

Tonz (27th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    FYI

Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard pass joint in new video; Nelson's sons, Neil Young to collaborate
    Willie Nelson has a new album of duets with merle Haggard, and his sons worked on a new LP with Neil Young. (Gerald Herbert / AP)

By August Brown contact the reporter
    This article is related to: Merle Haggard
    The album was recorded with Promise of the Real, a band that features Nelson's sons Lukas and Micah.
    April 21, 2015, 8:52 AM

Two different collaborations are sending Willie Nelson vibes out into the world this week..

The first, and most significant, is the announcement of Neil Young's new album "The Monsanto Years," with lyrics themed around the controversial agribusiness giant. He recorded the album with Promise of the Real, a band featuring Nelson's sons Lukas and Micah.
    Monsanto has been a frequent target of Young's, who has been active in agricultural advocacy since his Farm Aid concert series with Nelson and John Mellencamp began in 1985. On April 16, Young played a surprise show in San Luis Obispo and performed a number of songs – "Seeds," "Rock Starbucks" – that sound like likely candidates for the record.

The album is slated for release June 16, with Young and Promise of the Real kicking off a tour on July 5 (no L.A. dates are scheduled yet).

Meanwhile, the elder Nelson has a collaborative album of his own planned, this one with fellow outlaw country legend Merle Haggard. "Django and Jimmie" is, of course, not their first album of duets, but it's nevertheless slated to be a lighthearted and self-aware collaboration between two inestimable veteran singers and songwriters.

The first single, announced just in time for the 4/20 occasion, is "It's All Going to Pot," which came with a charming video of the two goofing off in the studio and sharing some of Nelson's favorite herbal remedy.
    It's one of several other Nelson projects currently in the, shall we say, pipeline. Nelson has an autobiography "It's A Long Story: My Life" due out May 5, but for superfans in Washington state and Colorado, his marijuana firm Willie's Reserve is already proving to be just as enticing.

Follow @AugustBrown for breaking music news.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...421-story.html
    Last edited by Collidescope, 25th April 2015 at 22:11.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Collidescope For This Useful Post:

Tonz (27th April 2015)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by TimeLab View Post
    This 'military' interference also spawned some of the best songwriting and most talented musicianship ever. Mass appeal, rarified, soul stirring musical talent can be manufactured and programmed???
    First of all let's try to put the musicianship into perspective. Let's take Jim Morrison and The Doors' music for example. Is it better than Bach and Beethoven? We might say they can't really be compared because they're totally different paradigms. But from a technical perspective the music really was not that musically revolutionary, it was more the subjective emotional kinds of experiences associated with them, the whole counter-culture/hippy movement, the influence of eastern ideas in the lyrics, the whole essence of the time and media portrayals that made Morrison seem larger-than-life. I do like The Doors, but some of their music is just plain creepy, and then you have this "I Am the Lizard King" stuff in there too. At a big hippy festival where everyone is on LSD, you can imagine the kind of weird vibes that would start going around at this point. Then again, if Jim Morrison really died in Paris then he must have been making someone angry with the direction he was trying to take things.

The Beatles are something else. I love their later music, after John had started dropping a lot of LSD, George was looking for gurus in India and they were just generally getting into a lot of trippy eastern ideas. They were all good musicians, but they're all better remembered of course for their songwriting. And each of the four are all credited with writing very well known Beatles songs. What I wonder in their case is if they actually wrote all of their music. There is the famous controversy, that seems pretty convincing to me, that Shakespeare also didn't write all of his works, if any. Apparently the real Shakespeare could barely sign his own name and was used as a pseudonym by multiple authors, and some of these false attributions are well accepted as such already. So I always have this thought in the back of my mind with the Beatles as well. You also have someone claiming that he sent "Come Together" to one of the Beatles with thoughts of a collaboration or something to that effect, and the next thing he knew it was on a Beatles album with no attribution to him whatsoever. And then there's the whole "Paul is dead" thing which might indicate another level of intelligence control over that band.

Either way I think John Lennon was still a light to the world, he didn't like a lot of the politics surrounding The Beatles, and he was killed in New York because he had enough political influence in his own right to be deemed a threat by TPTB. He said as much himself multiple times, that if anything ever happened to him, that it would not have been an accident.

I'm going to post this response in the new thread I created here as well: http://jandeane81.com/threads/6617-J...Canyon-Stories

Maybe some posts can be moved around to stop this one from being hijacked.
    Last edited by bsbray, 25th April 2015 at 22:36.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Tonz (27th April 2015), Tribe (25th April 2015)

Thanks
    BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD - Expecting To Fly

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Tonz (27th April 2015)