Thanks
    Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts

Modern Slavery - Human Trafficking

More slaves today than throughout history

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZTN0TbsRYA

5min video clips with good sound track.
    Last edited by Ciauzar, 21st April 2015 at 16:58. Reason: fixed youtube url

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th August 2022), Aragorn (5th August 2022), Ciauzar (21st April 2015), dianna (19th April 2015), Fred Steeves (5th August 2022), GCS1103 (19th April 2015), ronin (19th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts

I saw one of the usual crawler bots randomly looking at this thread yesterday, and due to Ria's reputation of posting highly questionable stuff here, only now — well, yesterday actually — did I watch the video.

Even though, like most people, I was of course already well aware of the phenomenon, watching this footage made a very deep impression on me and filled me with an immense sadness, as well as with feelings of outrage and helplessness — especially so the footage of the little girls that have been forced into the sex industry, and the fragments of the testimonies by investigators, therapists and activists. It makes me even more appreciative of the crusade that member Amanda has committed herself to.

For the more sensitive among us, no, there is no depiction of sexually explicit material in this footage, but at the same time, there is also no shred of ambiguity on account what is being spoken of and filmed by way of hidden cameras. To say that it is shocking would be an understatement.

This is no Pizzagate™ hoax, people; this is the real deal, and it's happening every single day in what we like referring to as "the civilized world".

There are times when I'm feeling compassionate towards the whole human species, but after having watched the above video — in which you hear and see little girls talking to sex tourists (or possibly undercover investigators) in their age-appropriate child vernacular about the sex acts they perform — I can only feel utter disgust, anger and revulsion over belonging to the human species.

It is things like these that make me wish that humanity would indeed destroy itself — and soon! — in order to wipe this disgrace from existence.

Watch the video. Seriously. Watch it!
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th August 2022), Fred Steeves (5th August 2022), Wind (5th August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Indeed Aragorn indeed, Amanda is amazing, she added CV1984 and vaxx harm etc to her life last she spoke.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (5th August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Indeed Aragorn indeed, Amanda is amazing, she added CV1984 and vaxx harm etc to her life last she spoke.
    Vern, you should by now already long know that "CV1984" and "vaxx harm" are misinformation — some of which came about accidentally and anecdotally, while most of it was (once again) deliberately concocted by the US political far-right — and I am sadly aware that Amanda chose to fall for that misinformation.

Likewise, she also fell for the Pizzagate™ hoax, which, although understandable in her case, given her commitment to her cause, is equally regrettable, if not more so, because it cast a shadow of incredulity over Amanda's courageous battle against very real (and predominantly sexual) child abuse — a long and tiresome battle in which this forum as a whole and I myself as the administrator have always supported and will continue to support Amanda.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th August 2022), Fred Steeves (5th August 2022), Wind (5th August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    The streets are fields that never die...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th August 2022), Aragorn (5th August 2022), Wind (5th August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Yes she is Amazing Amanda.

Never asked what political aisle was hers, feel she did not really trust left or rite, either far.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2022), modwiz (5th August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Yes she is Amazing Amanda.

Never asked what political aisle was hers, feel she did not really trust left or rite, either far.
    You mean political isle? An isolated ideology. A desert of Wisdom.

Politics is is a game for the masses to fight over.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th August 2022), Aragorn (6th August 2022), Lord Sidious (6th August 2022), PurpleLama (9th August 2022)