Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Savior paradigm

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ERK View Post
    There's a lot of very sick stuff that goes on ...................and most of the planet are buying into it (think media as one example that promotes violence, rape, fear and so on- this is what I am referring to). And I would venture to say most beings are very unconcsious of their actions. I have yet to see otherwise.

Yeah but I don’t think most humans (or even “part of the planet”) would choose that, if they were mindful.

And I don’t belief mindlessness is “human nature”.

And I think it’s important to make the distinction. In fact, it’s a variation on what I stated above: perhaps we need to analyze the energy exchange in the abuser-victim as detachedly as I suggested we should examine the predatory-prey food relationship.

Not that it’s abnormal (on inhuman, quite the contrary) to have an emotional reaction, but if we can’t get beyond that, we can only provide band-aids, not real healing.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd April 2015), Melidae (22nd April 2015), modwiz (22nd April 2015), monk (22nd April 2015), Wind (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 325 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I wonder if reptilians think clowns taste 'funny'.

Clowns are creepy, so perhaps it is fitting consumption.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ERK For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd April 2015), Melidae (22nd April 2015), modwiz (22nd April 2015), monk (22nd April 2015), Wind (22nd April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    There's a difference. Our food isn't capable of having a conversation with us.
    ...yet..........what if we allowed them to evolve?

The pets I have done my best to make my family (I recognize I am not perfect in transcending the ownership paradigm) acted a lot more "human" than other similars I have encountered, especially on the emotional level.

Just being a step up on the "heirarchy of needs" (a la Maslow) seems to allow for more self awareness, whether it be human or domesticated animal...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd April 2015), monk (22nd April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    We know they don't want to be killed. Words are not needed from them. If they were offered an exit, they would take it and we know that too.

Slaughter houses and battlefields are "loosh" generators of massive output and sustenance for energies that are not benevolent towards us. We feed them with our animal consumption practices. That is probably too much woo-woo and la-la-land for many flesh consumers. Hunting and fishing do not create the "factories" of loosh that abattoirs are. I am not speaking of fishing trawlers that turn ocean bottom into deserts. Those nets filled with thousands or millions of fish generate considerable loosh.
    Last edited by modwiz, 22nd April 2015 at 18:19.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd April 2015), ERK (22nd April 2015), Melidae (22nd April 2015), sarahdita85 (22nd April 2015), Wind (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    x
    Last edited by ERK, 11th May 2015 at 01:47.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ERK For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd April 2015), Cup (23rd April 2015), Melidae (22nd April 2015), modwiz (22nd April 2015), sarahdita85 (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 246 Posts
    But we can bet our collective @sses that our food is trying to converse with us, especially when it knows what we have in mind for it, lots of people eat dogs, cats, turtles, bunnies etc etc, those same people have other or the same animals as pets, and I am pretty sure most of them talk to them and the animals talk back to them, so when does a conversation qualify as a conversation? Speaking the same language cant be all of it, there is much more going on when one establishes a rapport with someone or something else, most of communication has to do with body language and what we see in eyes.

That's probably why the broccoli slumps over when it senses its proximity to my soupmaker, plants and animals usually know what's coming down the pipeline long before we do.

That being said, I like bacon on my broccoli, so my Karma is f@cked for many harvests to come, unless they forgot to inform the pig about karma I think, mwah, I'm good, don't feel guilty either.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to That Guy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd April 2015), Cup (23rd April 2015), donk (10th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by That Guy View Post
    But we can bet our collective @sses that our food is trying to converse with us, especially when it knows what we have in mind for it, lots of people eat dogs, cats, turtles, bunnies etc etc, those same people have other or the same animals as pets, and I am pretty sure most of them talk to them and the animals talk back to them, so when does a conversation qualify as a conversation? Speaking the same language cant be all of it, there is much more going on when one establishes a rapport with someone or something else, most of communication has to do with body language and what we see in eyes.

That's probably why the broccoli slumps over when it senses its proximity to my soupmaker, plants and animals usually know what's coming down the pipeline long before we do.

That being said, I like bacon on my broccoli, so my Karma is f@cked for many harvests to come, unless they forgot to inform the pig about karma I think, mwah, I'm good, don't feel guilty either.
    Hmm... I am getting the feeling that my point, although made in jest, is completely being missed. Everyone's picking up on that literal sentence.

The point I was trying to make is that the human species is intellectually more evolved than animals. We can communicate via abstract means -- such as written language -- and we are (supposed to be) sapient. We not only use tools, but we also manufacture them. We have artistic expression. We have technology. So the fact that certain species of ETs -- and most notably, the Draco reptilians -- would be consuming us as food cannot be compared to the way we as humans consume animals as food.

Of course I am aware of the fact that animals communicate, and even though I do eat meat -- we are after all omnivorous by nature and I for one have found that my body really requires my diet to contain meat -- I would not be capable of eating the flesh of an animal if they were to tell me that said animal had a name, or what that name was. Over here in continental Europe, it isn't even a taboo to eat horse meat, and I have already eaten that too -- it is actually quite tasty, as well as very healthy -- albeit that this was rather exceptional, and it was many years ago. I now have my own ethical objections against that.

I am definitely a meat eater, but I can only eat meat if it's from an anonymous animal. And then I still have certain considerations regarding the species of animal. I like ham and bacon but I won't eat pork chops. So the meat I usually eat is either veal or lamb, and occasionally some poultry. I don't eat any seafood because I find the taste revolting, and I will also not eat any of the "exotic import" flavors of meat -- such as dolphin, kangaroo or crocodile -- out of principle.

From the psychiatric point of view, the Draco reptilians would classify as sociopathic -- they do not possess the ability to empathize with anyone or anything -- and therefore they also have no respect for any other species than their own. They consider themselves superior to everything else, even. And that is, in my humble opinion, why they take no issue with consuming humans (or other sapient species) as food. It's not even unthinkable that they would even be engaging in cannibalism whenever they have an outburst of anger.

The bottom line is that I do not believe that the issue of certain ET species consuming humans as food would be a matter of their purported higher position on the evolutionary ladder compared to us -- and thus, that the issue would be comparable to how we humans eat the flesh of animals that dwell here on Earth -- but that, in my opinion, it is a matter of sociopathic beings who by definition consider anything other than themselves as inferior, and who are very aggressive and quite ferocious.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cup (23rd April 2015), monk (23rd April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 246 Posts
    The point I was trying to make is that the human species is intellectually more evolved than animals.
    Not too sure about that Aragorn, we seem to be needing an awful lot of crap to make our lives work, no coat, you're dead, no shelter, you're dead, no fur, frikkin dead again, we are the most awkward beings on this planet as far as I can tell, everything is doing fine just as is besides us, ambition is nice of course, but hey, why do we need all this crap before we can be even remotely comfortable, the only reason we can find the time to talk about reason is because of supermarkets, no supermarkets and were all dead, ok not all of us but at least 95 % of us, aaaaaaaaaand we are back in the food chain.
    Last edited by That Guy, 22nd April 2015 at 23:42.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to That Guy For This Useful Post:

Cup (23rd April 2015), PurpleLama (23rd April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    x
    Last edited by ERK, 11th May 2015 at 01:46.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERK For This Useful Post:

donk (23rd April 2015), That Guy (23rd April 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I wonder if reptilians think clowns taste 'funny'.
    Name:  Clown2 - Happy Clown.jpg
Views: 1712
Size:  12.1 KB

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd April 2015), Cup (23rd April 2015), monk (23rd April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 319 Posts
    There is no comparison. Though we kill animal life to consume protein to survive, the Draco terrify the purest of our young to produce FEAR which they get high on. Are food and drug use the same? Does a society need drugs to survive? If I had to get my weed by traumatizing/abusing/mutilating an infant I don't think I'd be a weed smoker.

Moments will pass and we will be able to replicate the protein by other means, and ol snakey will still be trying to get jacked up on human suffering, for fun and not nourishment.
    Last edited by monk, 23rd April 2015 at 09:52.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd April 2015), Cup (23rd April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by monk View Post
    There is no comparison. Though we kill animal life to consume protein to survive, the Draco terrify the purest of our young to produce FEAR which they get high on. Are food and drug use the same? Does a society need drugs to survive? If I had to get my weed by traumatizing/abusing/mutilating an infant I don't think I'd be a weed smoker.

Moments will pass and we will be able to replicate the protein by other means, and ol snakey will still be trying to get jacked up on human suffering, for fun and not nourishment.
    This is exactly what I am talking about.

Why do we take it so personally, that there might be "life" that feeds off of our emotional energy?

As far as drugs, it is an activity that free will having beings CHOOSE, therefore it is "life", it is an energy exchange, it just seems different from eating food, but really--how different is it?

Having your attachment to the idea that it's somehow more "evil" than to eat veal is scary, and feeds it their form "veal" (or the best heroin...I'm not one to determine ET motives), I would guess...and the idea of not being able to relate the way we treat "lower species" to this idea of "savior paradigm" in the space operas we are all so riveted by is to me exactly what ERK says: EXTREME COGNITIVE DISSONANCE
    Last edited by donk, 23rd April 2015 at 17:15.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd April 2015), Cup (23rd April 2015), monk (23rd April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 319 Posts
    how different is it?
    Obviously the need for food is different than the desire for drugs, as much as I might try to lie to myself sometimes, lol, its different. Food is needed to survive and is a right be it plant or animal, narcotica is not a right especially if the narcotic is only produced through acute and terrifying pain/suffering.

If you want to consider yourself in the same situation as veal by all means do so, I know I would prefer to die as veal at the hands of a human than endure what the draco do to their "food".
    Last edited by monk, 23rd April 2015 at 17:35.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd April 2015), Cup (23rd April 2015), donk (23rd April 2015)

Thanks
    When I say "drugs", I mean any choice we make for self gratification, which makes it addictive by it's very nature. My worst drug addiction is to shiny rectangles, a hundred times worse than THC, caffiene, rivaled only by the sh!t they put in the food these days to make toxic crap so dang irresistable.

My point though, is that perhaps we'd be wise to examine our emotional attachments to our beliefs about these relationships, particularly "evil".

Is a vampiric entity's choice to consume our energy, truly "worse" than our decision to be willfully ignorant that in order to consume our veal someone had to torture a baby cow? Are "veal" producers automatically "evil" by human standards? Is the behabvior, the choice, the consciousness, the energy exchange REALLY that much different?

...and is not cognitive dissonance to speak of our ability for "empathy"? We also have the ability to choose to behave exactly as the beings we project strange motives on to.

I could be wrong. Perhaps you KNOW the motives of reptilians, and understand their relationship with the energy exchange that goes on when they "torment" humans. I am suggesting it may not be exactly as we are perceiving it.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd April 2015), Cup (23rd April 2015), monk (23rd April 2015), Wind (23rd April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    When I say "drugs", I mean any choice we make for self gratification, which makes it addictive by it's very nature. My worst drug addiction is to shiny rectangles, a hundred times worse than THC, caffiene, rivaled only by the sh!t they put in the food these days to make toxic crap so dang irresistable.

My point though, is that perhaps we'd be wise to examine our emotional attachments to our beliefs about these relationships, particularly "evil".

Is a vampiric entity's choice to consume our energy, truly "worse" than our decision to be willfully ignorant that in order to consume our veal someone had to torture a baby cow? Are "veal" producers automatically "evil" by human standards? Is the behabvior, the choice, the consciousness, the energy exchange REALLY that much different?

...and is not cognitive dissonance to speak of our ability for "empathy"? We also have the ability to choose to behave exactly as the beings we project strange motives on to.

I could be wrong. Perhaps you KNOW the motives of reptilians, and understand their relationship with the energy exchange that goes on when they "torment" humans. I am suggesting it may not be exactly as we are perceiving it.
    What makes it evil, in my opinion, is when there is a wilful infliction of pain and suffering involved. I love veal, but I wouldn't want the animal whose flesh I'm consuming for my survival to suffer. Predators in Africa also don't make their prey suffer. They kill it swiftly and for most part painlessly. A lion, a cheetah or a leopard always go for the jugular, while at the same time suffocating their prey with their powerful jaws.

Intelligent beings who make other beings -- and then even more especially, other intelligent beings -- suffer on purpose for the sake of "recreation", not even for survival, that's what makes it perverse in my book.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cup (23rd April 2015), monk (23rd April 2015), Wind (23rd April 2015)