Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheeple

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    sheeple is not a good word,we touched on it in another thread called their mind.
    as mentioned it is no ones fault because of the programming but for those to how their mind works is not a nice experience but one we have to endure.
    it will either crush you or try to work with it,helping to throw in a few grenades to those who maybe receptive.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Agape (18th April 2015), Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (17th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 500 Posts
    "For what its worth.
    Having a full time job, being married, 6 children that I spoil as much as I can, commune to work 42 km back and forth each day.
    And still own and watch tv. eat garbage from the supermarket and drink the occasional beer or two. I tend to ask myself if its me someone means when they talk about sheeple as on the outside I think i fit the picture perfectly."

That makes two of us brother, maybe not six though but not far off!

If I had the luxury of being a spiritual hermit I would have learned very little indeed...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (17th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post

Really? We enlightened awake and aware bunch of people are still calling other human beings sheeple?
    Wow. Now there's insight for you.

What makes us so high and mighty that we designate others to the mere status of a flock of mindless animals.
    Here we are discussing the causes for the demise and mindlessness we find our world in. We want to save it from those that enslave us and at the same time we are talking down all those we try to save.

I am really really p....d of that almost everyone seems to be using this term to categorize thousands of not millions of unique individuals.

With Love
    Eelco (sheep extraordinaire)
    Thanks Eelco, I remember once, I had a post in Avalon where I used the word "sheeple", but even then, I had a strange feeling using it. I like reading your Post.

I checked the Dictionary Reverso to see the meaning of "sheeple", it came out: sheep, group of people following stupidly one or more persons, a mode, a belief. If someone used it as a belief, it still is infuriating.

We're learning everyday!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jano For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 635 Posts
    Thanks Eelco! I agree with you totally. OK, some good people may call people sheep out of frustration and it's quite understandable but as you say it isn't a good thing. When 'high and mighty' sounding people start long discourses (an example would be BR) about people being sheep they usually continue to say that the general population deserve what they get. These people are imo Cabal or Cabal-backed and are not to be taken into consideration or believed.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 120 Posts
    When I think of sheep, I think of very sweet and complacent animals who thrive in a flock and actually like being herded back and forth from field to field. They are dependent upon their shepherd for most of their needs.

I have friends and relatives like this, and it's sad but true that in many ways they resemble that sweet, complacent flock of sheep. I don't mean to make the comparison in a negative way, but there really are some very accurate similarities, IMHO.

Most of my loved ones are quite OK with the status quo. They are not comfortable with looking beyond their 'normal' everyday lives filled with commuter traffic, long days on the job, evenings glued to the latest mainstream media negative 'news', and weekends spent trying to catch up with all the responsibilities of home and family. This is their life as they know it, and in general they do not want anything dramatic to disturb it.

I understand the OP commentary about the negative aspects of labeling the unaware as Sheeple. I really do. But, I also cannot help seeing the broad similarities. My bad...I guess...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), Mark (17th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts
    I don’t have a problem with the term as I used to be one. In fact being called a sheeple is what helped to wake me up. So instead of attacking the messenger, I looked in the mirror and realized I was part of the problem, so I went out there and did something about it. Those of you who have ever had the opportunity to run large organizations of people, will probably understand my viewpoint when I tell you out of the approximate 2,000 I was overseeing within the patriot movement, about 10 to 12 people were willing to get their hands dirty. The rest sat around warming up the chairs expecting the small handful of us to solve the problems we faced so they wouldn’t have to think and so they could go on about their lives uninterrupted because they were way too busy to lend a hand. As I thought about this I realized in essence we were repeating exactly what’s going on in the real world and by continuing on this path I was merely replicating a mirror image within the hologram of what’s already taking place, which is why I said in an earlier post,….
    “Now I would tell you, don't believe me, don't even listen to what I say, go out there and discover for yourself as to follow anyone without exploring on your own merely puts you in the very sheeple environment your are trying to escape.”

I left the movement after a couple of years on the hamster wheel to nowhere and went on to discover ‘the solution’. Had I stayed, I would have continued on to be the definition of insanity, which is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Instead I have taught myself to think on my own as much as I can when possible, and I try and encourage others do the same as I feel we are partially to blame for this whole mess we’re in currently because we all fell asleep at the helm at some point during ‘the game’. In finding ‘the solution’ I realized how uncanny Einstein’s quote had become when he said, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them," because that is the path I walked that got me to 'the solution' because I chose to change the way I think.

So attacking the messenger in my eyes solves nothing; looking in the mirror at my own reflection is what helped me grow leaps and bounds. I’m so grateful to have been called a sheeple, but I don’t ever want to be one again, the time to move forward is now and I hope to help others do the same.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), ronin (17th April 2015), shamanseeker (18th April 2015), Spiral of Light (17th April 2015)

Retired Member Nepal
    Thanks
    I think it's pretty offensive towards the sheep themselves. What have they ever done to deserve the comparison to a human, except taking care of mother earth in a wonderful and caring way humans don't seem to have a clue about.

I as a sheep feel offended.

... great opening post Eelco, and a very very important reminder that we all are sheeple in one way or another....
    Last edited by InCiDeR, 18th April 2015 at 21:46.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to InCiDeR For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (18th April 2015), Ciauzar (19th April 2015), Divine Feminine (21st April 2015), Spiral of Light (23rd April 2015)