Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheeple

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts

Sheeple

Really? We enlightened awake and aware bunch of people are still calling other human beings sheeple?
    Wow. Now there's insight for you.

What makes us so high and mighty that we designate others to the mere status of a flock of mindless animals.
    Here we are discussing the causes for the demise and mindlessness we find our world in. We want to save it from those that enslave us and at the same time we are talking down all those we try to save.

I am really really p....d of that almost everyone seems to be using this term to categorize thousands of not millions of unique individuals.

With Love
    Eelco (sheep extraordinaire)
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Agape (18th April 2015), blufire (16th April 2015), CeeTee9 (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Daozen (17th April 2015), dianna (16th April 2015), Frances (16th April 2015), Gemma (16th April 2015), InCiDeR (17th April 2015), Jano (16th April 2015), JATUS (17th April 2015), john parslow (16th April 2015), Mark (16th April 2015), Maunagarjana (16th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Pebbles (16th April 2015), shamanseeker (17th April 2015), Sooz (16th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015), The One (16th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015), Woody (16th April 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    I agree with you Eelco, although I must admit I may have used the term myself at one time or another.

It is in itself a very 'elitist' term. As if we know what the vast majority don't.

The fact is that 90% of the world's population are not awake and aware. Can you really blame them and call them names? Given what mind control programming has gone on? I was one of them for most of my life until I woke up 7 years ago. Luckily my close friends are like-minded, most of my family are not, some are semi awake.

One cannot force a flower to open. Everyone has their own pace. Gentleness and patience is in order.

Eelco you sound angry. It's ok. But just intrigued...what brought this on?

Sooz

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), CeeTee9 (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), john parslow (16th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (16th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015), Spiritwind (16th April 2015), The One (16th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015), Woody (16th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), john parslow (16th April 2015), Mark (16th April 2015), Maunagarjana (16th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (16th April 2015), Sebastion (16th April 2015), shamanseeker (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015), The One (16th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015), Woody (16th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,693 Times in 10,222 Posts
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Agape (18th April 2015), Catsquotl (16th April 2015), CeeTee9 (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), GoodETxSG (16th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), JATUS (17th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), monk (16th April 2015), Sooz (16th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015), Woody (16th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 319 Posts
    LOL! I could not agree with you more the term is ghastly, much like the word 'hopium'. I tend to use both sarcastically to lambast those who use them seriously.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 173 Posts
    Thanks, Eelco. Your point is well taken. Awakened is a relative term. What I called awake 10 years ago was a drop in the bucket compared to what I thought was awake 5 years ago. The same is true from 5 years ago up until my current understanding. I suspect the state of awareness just keeps evolving. I am reading a book about a buddhist monk that states all of her 12 years of meditation in a cave lead to this understanding: "I came to realize that there was nothing to realize and who is that is seeking this realization in the first place?" So I guess true awareness is a process of peeling the layers of consciousness away rather than adding more.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pointessa For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Eelco,

Ewe know what you're talking about! I hear sheeple a lot. It's become a mainstream term. This is a sign or symptom. When these terms come into the mainstream that means some inkling of awareness is also coming into the mainstream. I chose long ago not to just go along with the herd. It was a difficult choice coming from an atmosphere that expects conformity. In that world, if you're not one of the sheeple, you're deviant, strange, abberant. I've been a wierdo for a long time. I'm only just realizing how great that is. It's natural for me to think for myself or go against the grain.

I think you should Ram your point home.

Baa-Ram-Ewe, Baa-Ram-Ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true...Baa-Ram-Ewe.

That'll do, pig. (Babe...such a fun movie).

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), CeeTee9 (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), john parslow (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Thinking in generalizations is what allows who/what –ever to make decisions that effect our lives (by hiding behind them—“government”, corporations, alphabet agencies, religions, etc.).

I feel it would serve us well to consider this, to put it in the front of our attention and change our thought patterns. “Sheeple” is just a symptom of the problem, a lazy way to look at existence.

They/the illuminati/cabal will always be, until we realize that at some point there is INDIVIDUALS making decisions. Magical entities like gub-mints and companies will happily take all accountability and responsibility for the decisions that effect us plebes. And nothing will change…
    What is the purpose of your presence?

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), PurpleLama (16th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    True, it's a derogatory term, sheeple, much like when I was in Central America as a kid and got called a gringo. Yeah, you know, we're all the same. I raise goats and figure I am much more like them. They just seem a little more aware of what's going on and can actually pay attention to something other than grass, plus they are a bit more independent. I think many have used the term sheeple at one time or another out of frustration. I know I have been guilty as well, but agree that it is something I am not proud of.*

But we're also all part of the same human family (mostly anyway) and need to remember those we call sheeple are US too, since we're all at various stages of awakening. Many people really can feel underlying forms of judgment so it probably doesn't help those of us who are trying to raise awareness to call and classify those who have not become aware of much of what is discussed here as sheeple, so your point is well taken Eelco.*

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spiritwind For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015)

Thanks
    I think I understand where you are coming from Eelco and I won’t argue that the term ‘Sheeple’ rubs many people the wrong way or that there isn’t a better term to use, but let me play devil’s advocate here.

Please do not take anything I say as an attack on you personally or your opinions as that is not my intent. My intent is only to provide another perspective. We are all here to learn and grow as human beings—at least, I would hope that that is our primary objective on these forums; I know it is mine. However, I will use some of your statements to provide another perspective.

Really? We enlightened awake and aware bunch of people are still calling other human beings sheeple?
    Wow. Now there's insight for you.
    Indeed there is. You are making a judgement based upon your perspective and beliefs. I could argue that you are using the terms “enlightened awake and aware bunch of people” in a sarcastic and condescending manner as if people on this (or any other similar) forum are, should be, or view themselves as being, “above or better” than the ostensibly “unenlightened, unawake and/or unaware bunch of people.” However, that doesn’t make that argument necessarily correct. I could simply be misinterpreting your statement and/or your perspective.

For example, I have used the term ‘sheeple’ before, but I never meant it in a derogatory way nor have I ever taken the term to mean a “flock of mindless animals.” I do not know if sheep are mindless or not—and we are all animals. And some religious leaders refer to their congregation as their ‘flock.’ Are they disrespecting their members as “mindless animals” too? I used the term to mean a group of people who would rather be manipulated and led by others than to think for their self and determine what rings true and is right, just and in their best interest.

What makes us so high and mighty that we designate others to the mere status of a flock of mindless animals.
    Again, you are making a judgement that people who use that term consider themselves “high and mighty” and sheep to be a “flock of mindless animals.” Perhaps there are people who feel that way, but certainly not all.

Here we are discussing the causes for the demise and mindlessness we find our world in. We want to save it from those that enslave us and at the same time we are talking down all those we try to save.
    I don’t believe the current state of our world was caused from mindlessness. I believe it was caused by a very sick group of greedy, corrupt, self-serving and controlling few and billions more who were either complacent, waiting for someone else to fix it, or truly unaware of how they were being manipulated and controlled.

Perhaps some were/are talking down to those we wish to join us. Or, perhaps they were/are trying to get them to stop, look around, and think about what they see long enough to take an interest in researching what very well may be causing all their pain and suffering and then do something positive about it.

I am really really p....d of that almost everyone seems to be using this term to categorize thousands of not millions of unique individuals.
    I’m sorry you’re “p…d" about this. But I think it’s a bit presumptuous to say that “almost everyone” is using the term to categorize thousands or millions of people (ostensibly in a negative light, if I’m reading you correctly). However, I’m sure there isn’t anyone on this forum (or any other) who can’t find fault with, or be offended by, the way someone uses certain words. I think the “politically correct” crowd is just another diversion to keep us fighting with each other over things of significantly less importance rather than focusing on the things that are really going on behind the scenes.

We all come from different backgrounds and environments and have our own perspectives and beliefs that were largely influenced by those environments, but rather than focusing on what we “interpret” another’s words to mean, might it not be better to ask for clarification before passing judgement? Might it not be better if we ALL were not so judgmental and tried, instead, to increase our knowledge and understanding by attempting to see things—particularly things that bother or offend us—from others perspectives?

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CeeTee9 For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015), Spiritwind (16th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks CeeTee9.

I could have used a different wording, and have done so in the past.
    I agree that people may use the term sheeple in a non derogatory way, However in my experience that is not often the case.

My pet peeve with the term is mainly that it is used very easily these days in conversations on forums where topics like the ones we discuss here are discussed.
    After having tried in the past to politely ask people to either be more specific on whome exactly these sheeple are, or convey the fact that I think it is to easily derogatory to use as a term.

I thought today I'd use a different approach. So far it has people thinking about the use of the term.
    I can't ask for more.

For what its worth.
    Having a full time job, being married, 6 children that I spoil as much as I can, commune to work 42 km back and forth each day.
    And still own and watch tv. eat garbage from the supermarket and drink the occasional beer or two. I tend to ask myself if its me someone means when they talk about sheeple as on the outside I think i fit the picture perfectly.

Now if that goes for me, there must be others.

That said I hope nobody feels above most people on the planet, alas I know for a fact that many do in some way or another.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

CeeTee9 (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), PurpleLama (16th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015), Spiritwind (16th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 500 Posts
    Equally I find the notion that a race of gentle, nurturing animals are used to epitomise a failing in humanity that is not of our purposeful doing.

Leave sheep out of it, and any other non human animals, they deserve considerably greater respect than many human animals.

I recall a time when a lamb managed to escape a field through a hole in a wire fence. The first thing that struck me was that all the older sheep rallied over and began increasingly louder and more urgent bleeting sounds, they were very concerned and aware.

The lamb was avoiding me but I knew it needed to be back in the flock and it would have been killed as it was near a main road.

After I captured it the second thing that struck me was after all of its escape attempts it went totally limp and never struggled again.

I returned it and peace was restored.

I recall feeling very sad, in that the lamb had absolutely no inclination to fight back but was afraid enough to avoid capture.

I also learned this peace loving race were also collectively very protective/nurturing and aware.

I can think of worse examples to use as a model to base human society upon other than that of a flock of sheep.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (16th April 2015), CeeTee9 (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015), Spiritwind (16th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by CeeTee9 View Post
    and billions more who were either complacent, waiting for someone else to fix it, or truly unaware of how they were being manipulated and controlled.

Perhaps some were/are talking down to those we wish to join us. Or, perhaps they were/are trying to get them to stop, look around, and think about what they see long enough to take an interest in researching what very well may be causing all their pain and suffering and then do something positive about it.
    I am assuming these billions are the ones that are sometimes talked about as sheeple.
    All I want to accomplish really is for people to see that these billions are in my humble opinion not in any way helped when we refer to them as sheeple. Even stronger. I think it is counterproductive. By terming them sheeple everyone who hears it will paint a mental concept of what that means. In most cases it is not the loving and protective nature of sheep that Mark talks about so lovingly.

Just that mental picture i'm afraid will seep through in conversation with someone who is still caught in the Matrix so to speak.
    Creating a gap where none should be therefor hindering a chance for him or her to take that supported look around through the veil of ignorance.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

CeeTee9 (16th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), Gemma (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), Mark (16th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Stopped using the word myself, especially since I spend most of my hours working with people who will start building what we need while the others watch TV. Besides, I want these people to have a much peace as they can find. It may not last much longer. Anyone following real news knows that there are major storm clouds on the horizon and it looks like nasty weather for awhile.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (17th April 2015), CeeTee9 (16th April 2015), Chester (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015), Spiral of Light (16th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Mark View Post
    Equally I find the notion that a race of gentle, nurturing animals are used to epitomise a failing in humanity that is not of our purposeful doing.

Leave sheep out of it, and any other non human animals, they deserve considerably greater respect than many human animals.

I recall a time when a lamb managed to escape a field through a hole in a wire fence. The first thing that struck me was that all the older sheep rallied over and began increasingly louder and more urgent bleeting sounds, they were very concerned and aware.

The lamb was avoiding me but I knew it needed to be back in the flock and it would have been killed as it was near a main road.

After I captured it the second thing that struck me was after all of its escape attempts it went totally limp and never struggled again.

I returned it and peace was restored.

I recall feeling very sad, in that the lamb had absolutely no inclination to fight back but was afraid enough to avoid capture.

I also learned this peace loving race were also collectively very protective/nurturing and aware.

I can think of worse examples to use as a model to base human society upon other than that of a flock of sheep.
    Wow, that was a very interesting comment and story Mark. Thank you for that.

Based on your narrative, I can't help wondering if the lamb knew it was enslaved and preferred to be free and was willing to do whatever it took to free itself. But then, after repeated attempts to get free--only to be returned to its confines--it finally gave up and accepted its fate of being enslaved. And I can't help feeling that that may be the way many people feel. They are aware they are enslaved, controlled and manipulated, but choose to do nothing about it except blatt when one does choose to do something about it as if to say, get back here; don't you know it is futile to try and escape our bondage? If this is true, it is truly a sad commentary on humanity.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CeeTee9 For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Divine Feminine (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), Mark (16th April 2015), monk (17th April 2015)