Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wondering?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum Teek, good to have you here.

Your advice is right on in my estimation. We are what we think, feel ,eat and do. We are energy.

A few months ago I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse. I mentioned it to my chiro who actually does more energy work than adjustments. He's the best energy worker I have ever worked with. He did some energy work on my shoulder and back as well as other areas and the MVP is greatly reduced. I hardly notice it unless I get stressed about things - I'm getting ready to move and it's a lot to deal with.

I use self administered acupressure for heart and other areas and it helps keeps me in balance. It can work pretty quickly for some issues. Just do a search for 'acupressure for_____' - there are many sites that are a wonderful help. A good massage is also helpful. I'm not advising to avoid MDs, just that there are many ways to address health issues and this may be helpful.

If anyone lives near Ontario, California and want to visit a great energy healer/chiropractor, PM me; I highly recommend him.

All the best.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mocha For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), Cearna (21st April 2015), Chickadee (22nd April 2015), Ciauzar (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,496 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Teek View Post
    Hello Outlander,

I am totally new to this type of forum so excuse me if I may seem too simplistic in my reply. Every night I listen to music - I have a few 'favorite song lists' on Youtube and some nice small speakers. In the middle of the songlists I always include meditation music so that once I am really asleep, the meditation music can be a gentle guide for my soul-self to enjoy and relax to.
    Before I go to sleep I always wish for 'happy' dreams.

This is my favorite meditation music
    BRIAN ENO - Thursday Afternoon

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th April 2015), Cearna (21st April 2015), Chickadee (22nd April 2015), Sooz (15th April 2015), Spiral of Light (22nd April 2015), Tonz (15th April 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Just LOVE this outlander. Brian Eno fan from way back, never knew about this one.

I know people have posted links to convert you tube to mp3 and I thank you. I've looked at lots of them as well. However every time I've downloaded one of those programmes, my computer has a hissy fit and I've been hit with a big computer bill from the IT guy and been off the air for days at a time - gah! So I'm reticent to do it a third time.

Thanks btw for the kind soul, who posted the mp3 link for Michael Salla. Much appreciated! Downloaded on my iPod and will listen tomorrow.

Hate to be a pest! But could someone download an mp3 of this Brian Eno track? I just love going to sleep with this stuff.

(PS: Norman, you know I love you?)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Cearna (21st April 2015), Chickadee (22nd April 2015), Ciauzar (22nd April 2015), Daozen (22nd April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    Just LOVE this outlander. Brian Eno fan from way back, never knew about this one.

Hate to be a pest! But could someone download an mp3 of this Brian Eno track? I just love going to sleep with this stuff.
    Coolio! Always nice to hear something new, especially a brilliant album like this one.

I bought the Thursday Afternoon cd back in '89 and I've played it a zillion times since

Brian Eno also used this music for one of his video installations

Thursday Afternoon (14 video paintings 1981-1984)

Last edited by Outlander, 15th April 2015 at 22:33.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Chickadee (22nd April 2015), Sooz (22nd April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Outlander View Post
    Coolio! Always nice to hear something new, especially a brilliant album like this one.

I bought the Thursday Afternoon cd back in '89 and I've played it a zillion times since

Brian Eno also used this music for one of his video installations

Thursday Afternoon (14 video paintings 1981-1984)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_9Ql0g29I
    And gone it is...
    Last edited by Outlander, 22nd April 2015 at 02:42.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Chickadee (22nd April 2015), Ciauzar (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 220 Posts
    To all those who care and even those who don't -
    I got my test results back today.

My doctor called me in because of one single thing---

He wanted to ask me if I was supplementing iron, he's never had a woman who wasn't with high iron counts-
    When I told him I wasn't - he asked me how am I doing it- woman for the most part are actually low on iron- he asked," do you eat a lot of red meat?"

Uh no- I'm pretty much- not completely, but almost a vegetarian -
    He was baffled!! I said, maybe it's all the kale I eat, or maybe our well water- although we do do have an ironator..

Anyways, he told me I should donate blood...
    I'm one of the healthiest women he's ever met- I keep doing what I'm doing and I should live to at least 100!

So, it's nothing physical--- there was a long list of tests he had done,

You guys were right- panic attacks!!!

After my mental health assessment- well, I'm not depressed, I haven't any phobia's...
    I'm just getting panic attacks- why??
    Some underlying stress, I know what stress it is--
    Nothing within my lil family, I have a very happy marriage, life is good.. I'm just sensitive -- damn it eh?!!

Anyways- I want to just share the info my dr gave me--
    (He was totally anti-meds all the way.. It's very mild and it can be fixed..

His advice, he boasted is tried tested and true... I believe him!

So, for all you out there- here is his lesson for me

"You must face your anxiety"

How?

Four simple steps .

#1. Breathe out...

One can attempt all he wants to breathe deep breathes while having a panic attack, but it just isn't going to happen. Breathe out!!! Then, the body naturally breathes in deeply..

#2. Continue what you are doing - don't stop and get overwhelmed (as hard as that seems to do- it leads to #3)

#3. Tolerate the symptoms!!!

As horrible as it may seem-- just tolerate how you feel.. It is only a feeling.

(Yea right eh?)

But, here's the humdinger -----

#4.

Practice #1-3!!!
    Expect it to happen again. Hope it happens again!!! That way it becomes less and less... The more one learns how to deal with it, the less it will happen..

It will be beat!!!!!

So, for all you peeps out there- I hope this lesson I learned today can help you( if you need help with such a thing)

*even though I have some under lying stress- it still baffles me to react this way....
    Honestly- I think it also has something to do with a past life event that happened at the same age or time...
    Or maybe not-

Whatever it is from,
    I feel better already.

Thanks guys, <3
    Last edited by Chickadee, 22nd April 2015 at 02:34.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chickadee For This Useful Post:

Cearna (22nd April 2015), Ciauzar (22nd April 2015), RealityCreation (22nd April 2015), Rebel&Rocket (22nd April 2015), ronin (22nd April 2015), Sooz (22nd April 2015), The One (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chickadee View Post
    To all those who care and even those who don't -
    I got my test results back today.

My doctor called me in because of one single thing---

He wanted to ask me if I was supplementing iron, he's never had a woman who wasn't with high iron counts-
    When I told him I wasn't - he asked me how am I doing it- woman for the most part are actually low on iron- he asked," do you eat a lot of red meat?"

Uh no- I'm pretty much- not completely, but almost a vegetarian -
    He was baffled!! I said, maybe it's all the kale I eat, or maybe our well water- although we do do have an ironator..

Anyways, he told me I should donate blood...
    I'm one of the healthiest women he's ever met- I keep doing what I'm doing and I should live to at least 100!

So, it's nothing physical--- there was a long list of tests he had done,

You guys were right- panic attacks!!!

After my mental health assessment- well, I'm not depressed, I haven't any phobia's...
    I'm just getting panic attacks- why??
    Some underlying stress, I know what stress it is--
    Nothing within my lil family, I have a very happy marriage, life is good.. I'm just sensitive -- damn it eh?!!

Anyways- I want to just share the info my dr gave me--
    (He was totally anti-meds all the way.. It's very mild and it can be fixed..

His advice, he boasted is tried tested and true... I believe him!

So, for all you out there- here is his lesson for me

"You must face your anxiety"

How?

Four simple steps .

#1. Breathe out...

One can attempt all he wants to breathe deep breathes while having a panic attack, but it just isn't going to happen. Breathe out!!! Then, the body naturally breathes in deeply..

#2. Continue what you are doing - don't stop and get overwhelmed (as hard as that seems to do- it leads to #3)

#3. Tolerate the symptoms!!!

As horrible as it may seem-- just tolerate how you feel.. It is only a feeling.

(Yea right eh?)

But, here's the humdinger -----

#4.

Practice #1-3!!!
    Expect it to happen again. Hope it happens again!!! That way it becomes less and less... The more one learns how to deal with it, the less it will happen..

It will be beat!!!!!

So, for all you peeps out there- I hope this lesson I learned today can help you( if you need help with such a thing)

*even though I have some under lying stress- it still baffles me to react this way....
    Honestly- I think it also has something to do with a past life event that happened at the same age or time...
    Or maybe not-

Whatever it is from,
    I feel better already.

Thanks guys, <3

That's excellent news, Chickadee! And it IS helpful. I've had a very similar experience recently. Tests, tests and more tests...everything normal, including my thyroid function after having a lobectomy about a year ago. It's anxiety. Those are great steps to remember. I will use them. Thank you!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Chickadee (22nd April 2015), ronin (22nd April 2015), Sooz (22nd April 2015), The One (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Rebel&Rocket View Post
    That's excellent news, Chickadee! And it IS helpful. I've had a very similar experience recently. Tests, tests and more tests...everything normal, including my thyroid function after having a lobectomy about a year ago. It's anxiety. Those are great steps to remember. I will use them. Thank you!
    I'm sorry you have gone through the same thing ..Rebel&Rocket.
    I really feel for those who have anxiety as a severe impact on their lives... It's hard enough trying to fathom it as mild anxiety..
    I really believe this sick social culture that we live in is BIG hand in the problem..
    Btw- welcome to the forum..

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chickadee For This Useful Post:

Ciauzar (22nd April 2015), ronin (22nd April 2015), Sooz (22nd April 2015), The One (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Hiya Chickybabe and All,

Had some thoughts today about this. First of all your Doc was right in how to treat panic attacks, invite them in! Tell people you are having one and even try to make the panic attack worse on purpose. The mind works in strange ways. I hadn't heard of the 'breathe out' thing. That's a goody.

Speaking of which, after I read this thread this morning, I went shopping and because the topic was top of mind, dun, dun, dun, I had a panic attack. They are buggers of things!

Anyway, the other thing I wanted to mention, is that panic attacks can be a symptom of menopause and/or peri-menopause. I started having peri-menopause symptoms not long after my son was born. (Yep, I was lucky I got in quick there, lol). Hot flushes, crankiness (hey Motherhood will do that) etc. So that was when I was in my 40's. Now nearly 57 and main symptoms, hot flushes and mood swings have gone, but the occasional panic attack still happens. So glad I'm over most of it now. I have a pretty calm temperament now. Says I... That is offset I believe, by eating well, supplementing my diet and being 'mindful' - paying attention to one's thoughts. We all self talk but most are not aware of the 'self-talk'.

So just wanted to throw it out there that menopause and peri-menopause can play a bit part in panic attacks. Not least your astrological make-up. For me having a moon in Pisces means I pick up a whole lot of stuff from people on a sensitive level*. I still have yet to learn how it not to affect me. It can be a good thing and a not so good thing. Hormones play a big part as well. It's a mixed bag.

Just my two cents.

So glad you got a good prognosis Chickybabe.

*Online and in real life.
    Last edited by Sooz, 22nd April 2015 at 11:19. Reason: Expanding my thoughts.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Chickadee (22nd April 2015), ronin (22nd April 2015), The One (22nd April 2015)

Retired Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    Hiya Chickybabe and All,

Had some thoughts today about this. First of all your Doc was right in how to treat panic attacks, invite them in! Tell people you are having one and even try to make the panic attack worse on purpose. The mind works in strange ways. I hadn't heard of the 'breathe out' thing. That's a goody.

Speaking of which, after I read this thread this morning, I went shopping and because the topic was top of mind, dun, dun, dun, I had a panic attack. They are buggers of things!

Anyway, the other thing I wanted to mention, is that panic attacks can be a symptom of menopause and/or peri-menopause. I started having peri-menopause symptoms not long after my son was born. (Yep, I was lucky I got in quick there, lol). Hot flushes, crankiness (hey Motherhood will do that) etc. So that was when I was in my 40's. Now nearly 57 and main symptoms, hot flushes and mood swings have gone, but the occasional panic attack still happens. So glad I'm over most of it now. I have a pretty calm temperament now. Says I... That is offset I believe, by eating well, supplementing my diet and being 'mindful' - paying attention to one's thoughts. We all self talk but most are not aware of the 'self-talk'.

So just wanted to throw it out there that menopause and peri-menopause can play a bit part in panic attacks. Not least your astrological make-up. For me having a moon in Pisces means I pick up a whole lot of stuff from people on a sensitive level*. I still have yet to learn how it not to affect me. It can be a good thing and a not so good thing. Hormones play a big part as well. It's a mixed bag.

Just my two cents.

So glad you got a good prognosis Chickybabe.

*Online and in real life.

thanks Sooz!!

You know- the thought of peri-menopause is enough to give someone a panic attack. I mean, I ain't no spring chick anymore, but I still have some years before I hit 40... Although - best get it done with right? Lol

Gawd time flies!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chickadee For This Useful Post:

Sooz (22nd April 2015)

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_S9XZEt1YU
    DAVID SYLVIAN - Words with the shaman

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMe1bcs75Co

DAVID SYLVIAN - Gone To Earth (Instrumentals)

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_S9XZEt1YU
    Actually I like the shorter (original) version better than the above one

BRIAN ENO - Thursday Afternoon (61 Minute Version)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Sooz (24th April 2015)