Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts

6 brands almost exclusively use gmo ingredients

Ban GMOs in the US
    6 BRANDS THAT USE ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY GMO INGREDIENTS
    PLEASE SHARE
    LET YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY KNOW
    HealthApr 5, 2015

1. NESTLÉ.
    Nestle produces a variety of popular products that range from baby foods to candy bars to bottled water. Most dangerous is the baby food, however. They use soy to replace breast milk in their formula and it’s basically 100% GMO soy beans. Good to know, right?

2. HERSHEY'S
    Hershey’s relies on almost exclusively GMO ingredients, but they’ve also committed the sin of spending MILLIONS of dollars fighting GMO-labeling ballot initiatives. Not only do they use GMO ingredients, but they desperately want you to be in the dark about it.

3. PEPSI
    Here’s something worth knowing: Pepsi owns Naked juice, and Naked is made from GMO produce, even though they label their juice as “all natural.” Of course, Pepsi has been smacked with a false advertising lawsuit.

4. GENERAL MILLS
    The company states: “We do not use genetically modified ingredients in our flakes. Our main ingredients are always whole grain oats – never GMO oats. We use a small amount of cornstarch in the cooking process, and only a gram of sugar per serving. Our cornstarch is obtained from non-GMO corn, and we use pure cane sugar,” However, a large quantity of their ingredients do come from GMO crops and even the CEO has said he has no problem using biotech crops.

5. KELLOGG'S
    One of their biggest infractions is Kashi brand, which is made of 100% GMO corn, even though they brand it as “all natural.” Their marketing is fooling you. It’s all a scam, and that scam recently cost them $5 million in court. Ouch.

6. COCA-COLA
    And we reach the center of the shrubbery maze. Nearly every product Coca-Cola sells contains not just high fructose corn syrup (that is made from GMO corn), but even their “Simply Orange Juice” brand juice contains GMO oranges. Like regular oranges aren’t good enough.
    Of course, always do your research, read your labels, and make the healthiest decision for your family.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Altaira (14th April 2015), Cearna (14th April 2015), GCS1103 (14th April 2015), mocha (14th April 2015), Param (14th April 2015), ronin (14th April 2015), shamanseeker (14th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Nestlé has been pumping water from a national forest with an expired permit for over 25 years
    http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/...il=facebook_sf

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Altaira (14th April 2015), Cearna (14th April 2015), GCS1103 (14th April 2015), shamanseeker (14th April 2015), Spiral of Light (14th April 2015), Verum (14th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Ria View Post
    Nestlé has been pumping water from a national forest with an expired permit for over 25 years
    http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/...il=facebook_sf
    I know, isn't this appalling. I shared the info in your first post on my Facebook. It is good to keep harping on this until everyone gets it. I remember about 4 years ago I would irritate the hell out of people going on about GMO this and that, and now some of those same people ARE paying attention. I hate shopping for food now since you have to actually find the real food amongst all the food-like products. Most of my shopping is in the produce section these days.

And the water thing just about makes me crazy. Yeah, let's all keep buying that bottled water!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiritwind For This Useful Post:

Altaira (14th April 2015), Ria (14th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Activists shut down Nestlé plant in drought-stricken California
    https://www.intellihub.com/activists...en-california/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Spiritwind (14th April 2015)