Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is consciousness

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    In one of the early publications by Neale Donald Walsch - [I think it was Conversations with God book 1] - he refers to several components of consciousness.

Viz: He lists the conscious mind, the subconscious mind, and the superconscious mind as representing the three-part constitution of the wider consciousness, as experienced in the human condition.

The conscious mind, he says, is the part of us with which we make our day-to-day decisions, and with which we manufacture order in our lives. The subconscious mind operates out of our conscious control, he continues, and picks up codings from the quantum field that are not immediately accessible via the conscious thought processes.

He refers to the superconscious mind as being that aspect of us which operates from a dimension that is separate from our duality-based continuum. In addition, he refers to the superconscious mind as the soul, or steering aspect of our incarnation. The quiet voice from behind the veil that most of us can't hear!

This is just one of many perspectives concerning consciousness; one that adds another small branch to our discussion.

I have read all of Walsch's books, and gleaned a great deal of information from them, over a 15-year period.

However, I have to add that many of the books that he published after the success of the the initial three Conversations with God renditions, had little more to add to the story. I got the distinct impression in his later publications that he was simply milking his earlier success by releasing essentially the same material, but with a slightly different focus.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anarp For This Useful Post:

Cup (19th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    I see a lot of references to the Soul in this conversation.
    Has anyone here experienced his or her soul on a tangible sensate level as themselves?

I am wondering about that. For me the idea of soul is just that. an idea, much like the fact we talk about consciousness without a definition of what it is we are talking about. The whole karma thing comes into play as well. I know buddhism has knowledge or talks about rebirth and reincarnation. I can't escape the feeling that it's pointing to something way more mundane that the idea's most westerners hang on it..

Could be mistaken though. Some here know my views on how knowledge of past lives may come to pass. It's not what's most common. As it isn't me that experienced these past life's, but the imprints of the one who thought of the idea/intention that is seeking fulfillment or completion.

If I may suggest we first try to come to a definition of what we consider the realm of consciousness before we start branching out on the implications of semi-popular beliefs?

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Anarp (17th April 2015), Aragorn (16th April 2015), Cearna (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), mojo (16th April 2015)

Retired Member Nepal
    Thanks
    Great opening post Anarp and very interesting subject indeed.

I will try to catch up, just read the first post so far.

Meanwhile, I just throw my first thoughts out right off the top of my head.

To fully understand consciousness, would be like an avatar in a video game would be able to not only see but also re-write the source code of the game.
    Meaning consciousness itself limits the understanding of itself, by itself, at least in this realm and perceived reality.

I might be wrong though.

So I will gladly join the dialogue as its unfolds.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to InCiDeR For This Useful Post:

Anarp (17th April 2015), Aragorn (17th April 2015), Cearna (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015), Wind (17th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    I see a lot of references to the Soul in this conversation.
    Has anyone here experienced his or her soul on a tangible sensate level as themselves?
    Yes Eelco, I have, I have talked to it many, many times. I can also talk to my husband's soul, since he needs the knowledge of what Soul is trying to get him to come to. His soul needs him to seek and find definite links to something far more than he is seeing in the "now". This is not too much to expect, for his soul led him to see in a new way, and he got stuck in the older way of a bench mark, to which all used to see enlightenment as. The newer right to seek, in risk of going against the older norms of olden days teaching - is not true to many other people now. They are in risk of having their fingers hit on the knuckles, like the nuns used to do in school if someone went against their dogmas.

We are now the newer version, of the very much older self we were when when we began this life. If we insist on living in the immensity of the olden day consciousness, begin as the near sighted one, they began as - for they were ringing in what their Souls were telling them was only riddles then. By accepting the eminence of the evil ones dogmas, we give up on the right to know real Truth in our words, lives and societies best intentions to be real loving people. If you ask to know who said it first, it wasn't the Buddha, nor Jesus, nor Mohammed, nor Melchisadek, nor Sonanda or other supposed enlightened ones, you will find this is what the Atlanteans spoke of, and their words only began in what is right to know, since Right to know is what true Consciousness is and our Souls know what this is, and so live to shed Light to you, against the minds of those, who wanted to stop life in your heart (Soul). These dogmas began in the days of the Temples of the Golden Calf and these teachings are what has been carried down the Ages to us as the Truth. You will get that AHA!! moment when your Soul realises you have just gone beyond the evilistic dogmas and have recognised with your true Self, one Truth to start you on the way to finding Your right to know and recognising when you find truth.

Please do not accept the fact that you cannot be in touch with your Soul or at least your Higher Sel who will guide you to what your soul wants you to find. Everytime I ask someone, if, during some really intense time in your life, and you possibly have to make choices. You sit down, to think it through - then sometime in those thoughts you think something, and you do a double take, wondering where did that thought come from, (not the voices most of you think are unreal, this is thoughts that come in the midst of other thoughts), this is your guidance, don't cast it aside think on it. Even Tarot reading can get you in touch with the needs of the soul, for you are presented with choices, do I want this to happen tome or not?

Your rigidity to think outside the box, to allow other links to soul, are what dogmas are for. Think on your own words too - sometimes "thinks" do become what you and your consciousness are.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Anarp (17th April 2015), Aragorn (17th April 2015), Church (21st April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), idigress (5th September 2015), InCiDeR (17th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Anarp View Post
    Consciousness exists, but to what extent is our full capacity of consciousness available to us when we are in these meat suits?
    Even though we seem to be bound to our meat suits we don't have to identify with it.
    I like to use the term, 'vehicle'. 'Meat suit' sounds so.... meaty. Personally, I don't like to think of flesh as... meat.

Quote Originally posted by Cearna View Post
    Your soul might want you to explore all aspects of love – only today in the kitteh thread I saw examples of love between humans and felines. This is a palpable explanation of love.
    That's wonderful! It makes me happy that I am able to share a positive message with the kittehs.

I was thinking about it... and it seems I am most 'conscious' when others are 'conscious' of me. For this, I am most grateful.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Anarp (17th April 2015), Aragorn (17th April 2015), Cearna (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), InCiDeR (17th April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Cearna
    Right to know is what true Consciousness is
    That's very near to my definition although you added one word and a letter.
    Here's the one I use.
    Right now is what true Consciousness is

With Love
    Eelco

[QUOTE=Cearna;841916992]
    Yes Eelco, I have, I have talked to it many, many times.

Please do not accept the fact that you cannot be in touch with your Soul or at least your Higher Sel who will guide you to what your soul wants you to find.

You sit down, to think it through - then sometime in those thoughts you think something, and you do a double take, wondering where did that thought come from,
    So a few questions arise from this.
    As you are talking to soul or higher self. in my mind the fact I relate to it as something outside of my understanding of I means it can't be self.

Also when that soul thought arise. How in your experience does it distinguish itself from other thoughts? are there identifyable marks that accompany it?

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Anarp (17th April 2015), Aragorn (17th April 2015), Cearna (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), InCiDeR (17th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    If I may suggest we first try to come to a definition of what we consider the realm of consciousness before we start branching out on the implications of semi-popular beliefs?
    LOL.... isn't that what we've been trying to do since the outset?!

I've already offered three differing definitions of what consciousness might constitute - one of my own, and two others from different people.

I very much doubt we will ever find one definition that suits everyone here. But that isn't the point of the conversation. We are here to explore possibilities, and expand our minds. It's not necessary to find common ground..... even though we probably will, in some areas.

It's not the destination that's so important, rather the journey that we're on.

Quote Originally posted by InCiDeR View Post
    Great opening post Anarp and very interesting subject indeed.

I will try to catch up, just read the first post so far.

Meanwhile, I just throw my first thoughts out right off the top of my head.

To fully understand consciousness, would be like an avatar in a video game would be able to not only see but also re-write the source code of the game.
    Meaning consciousness itself limits the understanding of itself, by itself, at least in this realm and perceived reality.

I might be wrong though.

So I will gladly join the dialogue as its unfolds.
    Hi InCiDeR.....

Thanks for your introductory note.

I think it might be useful at this point to look at the meaning of the word Avatar, because it has two different definitions:

ˈavətɑː/Submit
    noun
    HINDUISM
    a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.
    an incarnation, embodiment, or manifestation of a person or idea.
    "he chose John Stuart Mill as the avatar of the liberal view"
    an icon or figure representing a particular person in a computer game, Internet forum, etc.
    "conversation is depicted in a balloon over the avatar's head
    "

The Avatar in a video game that you refer to [above] would fall into the second definition, and would therefore not have the power to re-write source codes. Re-writing the source codes of the game would be the prerogative of the person [people] holding the control panel.

I believe that there is a strong possibility that all humans on this planet are actually no more than highly-sophisticated video game Avatars..... totally lost in the miasma of the artificial construct. We are given a small amount of individual choice in what we say and do, but this is really no more liberating than having the option to change the decoration on the prison walls. Ultimately, all we are doing is running round in circles, at the behest of a hidden hand.

To make life appear to be more real, or purposeful, we are fed endless amounts of brain fodder in the form of religion, science, theosophy, philosophy, mathematics, [etc], most of which has been fabricated by the controllers, and plastered over the roof of the prison, so that we can't see beyond it.

The vast majority of the world's population are too busy trying just to survive. They don't have time to sit down in front of computer screens and chew the literary cud, as we are doing. Even people in relatively prosperous and developed nations would consider it a luxury to be able to find time away from their daily grind, to wax lyrical about esoteric subject matter.... such as this. Just too busy with the nine-to-five job, the mortgage repayments, the credit card interest payments, the cost of schooling, medicare, household utility bills...... yada yada yada.... the endless grinding wheel of the Babylonian Debt Slave system.

And then they tell themselves they live in "The Land of the free, and the home of the brave". What a joke that is! It's just nationalistic, xenophobic programming that serves the interests of the corporate warmongers and the bankster elite..... all of whom are directly controlled by the Archons.

I believe it was Goethe who famously stated: "There are none so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anarp For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2015), Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), InCiDeR (17th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015)

Retired Member Nepal
    Thanks
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]
    The Avatar in a video game that you refer to [above] would fall into the second definition, and would therefore not have the power to re-write source codes. Re-writing the source codes of the game would be the prerogative of the person [people] holding the control panel.

Anarp, thank you for your reflection of my unreflected thoughts. What you so nicely clarified and straightened out was my intention and also one of my points with that statement. However, I see now in retrospective I could have made my composition of my lines clearer and easier to understand. I believe my thoughts came out unsorted and I allowed them to come together too fast.

As for the rest of your post...

You said something about finding common grounds. I believe we already have a foundation.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InCiDeR For This Useful Post:

Anarp (17th April 2015), Aragorn (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    No, but seriously peeps, look at the world we're living in.

What kind of all-knowing, all-loving, all-caring Source / God / Force would have created this mess? It must have been a really bad hair day in Heaven. Or was it six days? LOL!

Here we are, living in bodies that are subject to rapid degeneration after a mere 30 years..... that are prone any number of literally thousands of disease states, many of which are terminal..... that have only five senses with which to interpret the quantum field....... that are only able to see visible light...... that can't breathe under water...... that can only survive within a very narrow band of temperature...... that need a constant supply of oxygen to stay alive..... that need to eat three times in every 24 hour period in order to maintain energy....... that spend a third of their paltry lives asleep...... and who kill each other for a hamburger.

We live on a planet that is run by Satan-worshipping, sexually-perverted madmen [and women]....... where we can't move from one country to another without passports and without having to endure sexual molestation at airports....... where we have to breathe deliberately-polluted air....... eat deliberately-contaminated food.......where toxic fluoride is forced into our kitchens without our consent...... where we are approaching a time of mandatory toxic vaccinations....... where we are forced to use Neanderthal transportation technology, whilst far more advanced, and non-polluting technologies are suppressed and concealed........ where the pharmaceutical industry makes a profit out of illness, and has no intention of curing anything, while real cures for all disease states exist now, and have similarly been hidden from us.......where the banking corporations finance both sides in constructed wars so as to maximise profit in the clean-up operations....... where homeless people are now considered criminals and are discouraged from sleeping in the street by the installation of spikes and studs......where we are lied to by politicians, by scientists, by medical staff, by clergy, by people whom we trust to look after our interests, in every aspect of our sorry lives.

There's so much more..... but it's already sounding like a litany of woe.

It's as if we are suffering some kind of collective Stockholm Syndrome, where we have fallen into the trap of empathising with those who want to keep us hostages, steeped in servility and pauperdom.

Well, I for one DO NOT GIVE MY CONSENT TO ANY MORE OF THIS!

Michael Ellner summarises our plight eloquently, here:

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

And we are having a debate about consciousness. Well, yes.

The point I'm making here is that the world wouldn't be the way it is, and our bodies wouldn't be as fragile and vulnerable as they are, if the entire Earth Project hadn't been taken over by malevolent forces, to use us as a food source.

There can be no other rational explanation. Only denial.

The New Age bombards us with pretty-sounding spiritual platitudes to keep us placated, and to stop us from looking at the bigger picture. We are told that: "we are the bravest of the brave", and that: "only the best were chosen to come here", and: "spiritual growth on this planet is faster than in any other place in the Universe", and: "there are no victims", and: "you fought for your opportunity to be here as a Lightworker, at this auspicious time."

It's all part of the programme, and it's all drivel. All of it.

The truth of it, is that we were trapped here against our will, aeons ago, and we haven't been able to escape. We're sealed into the farm like carefully-herded sheep, and woe betide anyone who ventures too near the electric fence...... like Branson, for example. Or Nicola Tesla, or Royal Rife, or Michael Jackson, John Lennon, JFK, Martin Luther King, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Whitney Houston....... need I go on?

It matters not from which node of the compass the saccharin-coated philosophy is sourced...... it's all just literary sedation, poured into our eager consciousness for the purpose of keeping us submissive and docile.

I don't know what the solution is.

Every day we get the latest version of the breathlessly-anticipated redemption-and-salvation-package, from externally-sourced saviours. Some even have blue heads and feathers. And the days come and go, come and go.... and nothing ever changes.
    Last edited by Anarp, 17th April 2015 at 17:48.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anarp For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), dianna (17th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015)

Thanks
    I've taken the time to search for the definitions given in this thread, and added a last one paraphrased from the Abhidhamma from another consciousness thread.
    I have some idea's about the workability of some of these. From most the following discussion seemed to go past the basic question What is consciousness and go to wider pastures of that part of consciousness one could call conjecture.

Quote Originally posted by "Anarp View Post
    Consciousness is really a metaphysical concept, and can't be subjected to investigation or definition through currently-accepted scientific principles, in the way, for example, a mathematical algorithm can be scrutinised.
    -----------------------
    Consciousness is a graduated state of awareness of the experience of being. But it is more than that. It is the essence, and barometer, of life itself.
    -----------------------
    The answer that we give to the question what is consciousness?, from our present five-sensory state of being, is very different from the answer that would come from other realms of being...... other states of consciousness.
    --snip-- Change the state of consciousness, and you change the perspective, which changes what is seen [de-coded], and what is therefore experienced.
    -----------------------
    So, what is a lower state of consciousness, as compared to a higher state?

A lower state of [human] consciousness is one which derives its perceived reality from a very narrow bandwidth of frequencies. A higher state of consciousness is one which derives its perceived reality from a wider band of frequencies.
    -----------------------
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    ] Consciousness, to me, is simply life itself; it is the ability of a particular thing in existence to interact with another thing in existence, to exchange information with said other thing in existence. Ergo, for me, everything has at least some form of consciousness, albeit not necessarily as we ourselves experience our own consciousness.
    Quote Originally posted by Cup View Post
    What is consciousness? Consciousness is the symptom of a living being, a soul. Consciousness cannot be manufactured, it is eternal, it cannot be separated from the soul. The soul is conscious and through consciousness free will is expressed.
    For starters I'll state that consciousness is everything we can become aware of.
    Reason i'm stating it as this is that I hold the notion that certain aspects of consciousness are not easy to see without some form of training in observance.
    Quote Originally posted by Dictionary via Anarp View Post
    consciousness
    ˈkɒnʃəsnɪs/Submit
    noun
    the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings.
    "she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"
    synonyms: awareness, wakefulness, alertness, responsiveness, sentience
    "she failed to regain consciousness"
    antonyms: unconsciousness
    a person's awareness or perception of something.
    "her acute consciousness of Luke's presence"
    synonyms: awareness of, knowledge of the existence of, alertness to, sensitivity to, realization of, cognizance of, mindfulness of, perception of, apprehension of, recognition of
    Consciousness

What consciousness began as, was that someone coined the word, and it is now in use, under the guise of many different meanings.

The meaning of this word to me is :-
    In opening your mind, there is always something new. In totality – it only gives up what you are willing to find of gentle Earth's pleasures of the mind.
    He lists the conscious mind, the subconscious mind, and the superconscious mind as representing the three-part constitution of the wider consciousness, as experienced in the human condition.

The conscious mind, he says, is the part of us with which we make our day-to-day decisions, and with which we manufacture order in our lives. The subconscious mind operates out of our conscious control, he continues, and picks up codings from the quantum field that are not immediately accessible via the conscious thought processes.

He refers to the superconscious mind as being that aspect of us which operates from a dimension that is separate from our duality-based continuum. In addition, he refers to the superconscious mind as the soul, or steering aspect of our incarnation. The quiet voice from behind the veil that most of us can't hear!
    Of those 4 Citta/Concsiousness is also 4-fold.
    - Sense sphere consciousness
    - Fine material sphere consciousness
    - Immaterial sphere consciousness
    - Supramundane consciousness

Citta is also defined 3 different ways.
    - Citta as an agent, here citta is that which knows or cognizes an object.
    - Citta as an instrument, Here citta is that by means of which the 52 mental factors cognize an object.
    - Citta as an activity, where the process or act of cognizing an object is called citta.
    With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Anarp (18th April 2015), Aragorn (17th April 2015), Cearna (19th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015)

Thanks
    I've taken the time to search for the definitions given in this thread, and added a last one paraphrased from the Abhidhamma from another consciousness thread.
    I have some idea's about the workability of some of these. From most the following discussion seemed to go past the basic question What is consciousness and go to wider pastures of that part of consciousness one could call conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by "Anarp View Post
    Consciousness is really a metaphysical concept, and can't be subjected to investigation or definition through currently-accepted scientific principles, in the way, for example, a mathematical algorithm can be scrutinised.
    -----------------------
    Consciousness is a graduated state of awareness of the experience of being. But it is more than that. It is the essence, and barometer, of life itself.
    -----------------------
    The answer that we give to the question what is consciousness?, from our present five-sensory state of being, is very different from the answer that would come from other realms of being...... other states of consciousness.
    --snip-- Change the state of consciousness, and you change the perspective, which changes what is seen [de-coded], and what is therefore experienced.
    -----------------------
    So, what is a lower state of consciousness, as compared to a higher state?

A lower state of [human] consciousness is one which derives its perceived reality from a very narrow bandwidth of frequencies. A higher state of consciousness is one which derives its perceived reality from a wider band of frequencies.
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    ] Consciousness, to me, is simply life itself; it is the ability of a particular thing in existence to interact with another thing in existence, to exchange information with said other thing in existence. Ergo, for me, everything has at least some form of consciousness, albeit not necessarily as we ourselves experience our own consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cup View Post
    What is consciousness? Consciousness is the symptom of a living being, a soul. Consciousness cannot be manufactured, it is eternal, it cannot be separated from the soul. The soul is conscious and through consciousness free will is expressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eelco View Post
    For starters I'll state that consciousness is everything we can become aware of.
    Reason i'm stating it as this is that I hold the notion that certain aspects of consciousness are not easy to see without some form of training in observance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictionary via Anarp View Post
    consciousness
    ˈkɒnʃəsnɪs/Submit
    noun
    the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings.
    "she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"
    synonyms: awareness, wakefulness, alertness, responsiveness, sentience
    "she failed to regain consciousness"
    antonyms: unconsciousness
    a person's awareness or perception of something.
    synonyms: awareness of, knowledge of the existence of, alertness to, sensitivity to, realization of, cognizance of, mindfulness of, perception of, apprehension of, recognition of

Quote Originally Posted by Cearna View Post
    Consciousness

What consciousness began as, was that someone coined the word, and it is now in use, under the guise of many different meanings.

The meaning of this word to me is :-
    In opening your mind, there is always something new. In totality – it only gives up what you are willing to find of gentle Earth's pleasures of the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarp View Post
    He lists the conscious mind, the subconscious mind, and the superconscious mind as representing the three-part constitution of the wider consciousness, as experienced in the human condition.

Quote Originally Posted by InCiDeR View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cearna View Post

Of those 4 Citta/Concsiousness is also 4-fold.
    - Sense sphere consciousness
    - Fine material sphere consciousness
    - Immaterial sphere consciousness
    - Supramundane consciousness

Citta is also defined 3 different ways.
    - Citta as an agent, here citta is that which knows or cognizes an object.
    - Citta as an instrument, Here citta is that by means of which the 52 mental factors cognize an object.
    - Citta as an activity, where the process or act of cognizing an object is called citta.

With Love
    Eelco

I think you missed a few.

Quote Originally posted by Anarp
    Anarp, thank you for your reflection of my unreflected thoughts. What you so nicely clarified and straightened out was my intention and also one of my points with that statement. However, I see now in retrospective I could have made my composition of my lines clearer and easier to understand. I believe my thoughts came out unsorted and I allowed them to come together too fast.

As for the rest of your post...

You said something about finding common grounds. I believe we already have a foundation.
    Everyone wishes to be clear and... comprehensible. That's a challenge we all deal with all the time. I think you did well expressing yourself. Of course, I wouldn't want you or anyone for that matter to 'stand under' anything I have to say.

When it comes to finding common ground and having a foundation, personally, I like to keep that entirely flexible. None of us know what we could come up with in the next moment. That's what makes this discussion so fascinating.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Anarp (18th April 2015), Aragorn (17th April 2015), Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Cearna (19th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), InCiDeR (18th April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post
    I think you missed a few.
    feel free to add them or tell witch ones. What I'm interested in mainly is what it is we can become conscious off. I realize that to many conaciousness is bigger than that. So I'm sifting through definitions I can work with by the premis that with the right attuning to the dedinition will hold up as a distinct state of mind that is verifyable. if only in a subjectively experiental manner.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2015), Cearna (18th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015)

Thanks
    And we are having a debate about consciousness. Well, yes.

The point I'm making here is that the world wouldn't be the way it is, and our bodies wouldn't be as fragile and vulnerable as they are, if the entire Earth Project hadn't been taken over by malevolent forces, to use us as a food source.

There can be no other rational explanation. Only denial.

The New Age bombards us with pretty-sounding spiritual platitudes to keep us placated, and to stop us from looking at the bigger picture. We are told that: "we are the bravest of the brave", and that: "only the best were chosen to come here", and: "spiritual growth on this planet is faster than in any other place in the Universe", and: "there are no victims", and: "you fought for your opportunity to be here as a Lightworker, at this auspicious time."

The truth of it, is that we were trapped here against our will, aeons ago, and we haven't been able to escape. We're sealed into the farm like carefully-herded sheep, and woe betide anyone who ventures too near the electric fence...... like Branson, for example. Or Nicola Tesla, or Royal Rife, or Michael Jackson, John Lennon, JFK, Martin Luther King, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Whitney Houston....... need I go on?

It matters not from which node of the compass the saccharin-coated philosophy is sourced...... it's all just literary sedation, poured into our eager consciousness for the purpose of keeping us submissive and docile.

Every day we get the latest version of the breathlessly-anticipated redemption-and-salvation-package, from externally-sourced saviours. Some even have blue heads and feathers. And the days come and go, come and go.... and nothing ever changes.
    One thing’s for sure – a lot of what we are conscious of is certainly being manipulated by malevolent forces... Some obviously know how to play this 'game' better than most of us.

This is a pretty serious discussion.

........Here’s a reminder
    ......................that even in the darkest moments,
    .................................................there is humour (light).

It is my very not-so-humble opinion that this kind of...

conscious, critical thinking

laced with a sense of humour (dry or otherwise)...

helps to 'break the spell'.

Last edited by Pris, 17th April 2015 at 19:39.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Anarp (18th April 2015), Aragorn (17th April 2015), Catsquotl (17th April 2015), Cearna (18th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), Dreamtimer (17th April 2015), Tonz (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Pris, "...conscious, critical thinking laced with a sense of humour...helps 'to break the spell'." Awesome. I'm on board with that.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2015), Cearna (18th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), Pris (17th April 2015), Tonz (18th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 234 Posts
    [A] really bad hair day in Heaven.

…..

We live on a planet that is run by madmen […] where we can't move from one country to another without passports and without having to endure sexual molestation at airports....... where we have to breathe deliberately-polluted air....... eat deliberately-contaminated food.......where toxic fluoride is forced into our kitchens without our consent...... where we are approaching a time of mandatory toxic vaccinations....... where we are forced to use Neanderthal transportation technology, whilst far more advanced, and non-polluting technologies are suppressed and concealed........ where the pharmaceutical industry makes a profit out of illness, and has no intention of curing anything, while real cures for all disease states exist now, and have similarly been hidden from us.......where the banking corporations finance both sides in constructed wars so as to maximise profit in the clean-up operations....... where homeless people are now considered criminals and are discouraged from sleeping in the street by the installation of spikes and studs......where we are lied to by politicians, by scientists, by medical staff, by clergy, by people whom we trust to look after our interests, in every aspect of our ... lives.

…..

It's as if we are suffering some kind of collective Stockholm Syndrome, where we have fallen into the trap of empathising with those who want to keep us hostages, steeped in servility and pauperdom.

…..

…..

Because righteous anger … is so … righteous!

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2015), Cearna (18th April 2015), Ciauzar (17th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), Dracon (17th April 2015), Pris (18th April 2015)