Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is consciousness

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Anarp View Post
    Hi Aragorn, and thanks for your considered opinion on this multi-faceted subject.
    My pleasure. It's a fascinating subject, around which unfortunately many misunderstandings have arisen over time, no thanks to certain self-proclaimed gurus.

You're introducing another aspect of consciousness here, namely communication.
    Well, that is to say, I consider communication a higher form of information exchange, in which a certain symbolism is used as abstraction. The kind of information exchange I was alluding to is more generic and applies even to the exchange of electrons between atoms. That too, is an information exchange, and it's a very rudimentary one.

When I made an attempt to define consciousness as the "graduated state of awareness of the experience of being", I didn't specifically allude to communication as being inherent in this awareness. But we can have that conversation now!

For example, we can say that "everything has consciousness", including a rock, but we would be hard-pushed to prove such a statement, unless we used some kind of arcane measuring device, such as Kirlian photography. [...]
    That too would be possible, but I was rather alluding to the very simple and elementary types of information exchange, such as a chemical reaction or crystal growth.

I would suggest that it is not so much consciousness, per se, that is responsible for collapsing the wave function..... that activity is more the function of the CPU, our brain. For sure, we need consciousness to animate the CPU, but the message that is received after de-coding what is seen / heard / sensed / [ie collapsing the waveform] happens within the cerebral cortex. It is the perspective that is obtained from this de-coding activity that defines our level of consciousness.

And that is where our problems arise..... the inherent limitations of the CPU, as it currently exists, severely colour our perspectives, and thus, our perceptions.
    Well, no, I'm afraid I can't agree with that. If quantum physics has shown us anything at all, then it is that consciousness -- to be defined in this context as "the mere act of observation" -- has enough influence on a process for changing the outcome of that process, and thus, collapse the wave function. This is not just a matter of us having physical bodies and having a brain to interface our mind with our physical senses.

I would be interested to read a list of things that you consider unable to interact with anything.
    That list is very short: "nothing at all". Everything has a form of consciousness because everything is capable of interacting with something else. Even things we cannot see or measure in and of themselves -- e.g. dark matter -- are still interacting with the rest of the universe, and we can tell that from their gravitational effects on stars and galaxies.

Well, respectfully, I don't believe that such a notion can be applied across the board. We have to define the method and nature of creation that we are referring to. For example, there are many people of genius-level minds who are clueless, [or physically-unable], when it comes to creation using physical methods. Stephen Hawking comes immediately to mind.
    I think that when it comes to scientists like Hawking, the ego comes into play. They believe (or want to believe) that they can explain everything in existence by way of the discipline they are schooled in, such as mathematics or physics. They can't, because they refuse to look beyond the physical realm.

It is reminiscent of the eternal "Republicans versus Democrats" debate in the USA. It's a senseless debate. On the one hand you've got the Darwinists and the scientists, and on the other hand you've got the religious people. Scientists reject spirituality, and religious people -- especially the fanatic ones -- reject science and see an act of a deity in everything, and even attribute that deity with very human properties, and ascribe laws to that deity which must be obeyed by mortals, lest they be excommunicated, locked up, tortured or even executed in some cases.

I refer to my previous comment about consciousness being the animating force behind the tools [the physical senses and the CPU] that are responsible for the creative process, whatever form such a creative process would take in the physical world.
    That step is too big, in my humble opinion. Animation of a physical body is a result of both consciousness and mind, but is not what consciousness itself is. Or to put it in computer jargon, you've got higher programming languages -- e.g. C/C++, Pascal, et al -- and lower programming languages such as assembler. But you have to break things down even further in order to understand it, namely down to the pure binary opcodes.

I understand what you are saying. I was using these terms [male and female aspects of the brain] more in a colloquial vernacular than in a scientific sense.
    I know you understood. I just wanted to outline it more clearly for other readers. A lot of information in this "alternative community" field is badly distorted by misuse of the vernacular, and that's how misunderstandings arise. It puts people off on the wrong foot. The community is, as such, creating its own misinformation. :-)

I believe this is similar to what I was suggesting.... namely, that men tend towards a more analytical approach to engaging with life, whereas women tend towards a more intuitive approach. Of course, there are degrees of such activity in both camps. However, the main problem for both males and females is the lack of full connectivity of the left and right hemispheres of the brain.
    I'm not so sure there is such a lack of full connectivity. I think the brain functions very well, exactly because it is structured the way it is. :-)
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Anarp (15th April 2015), Ciauzar (15th April 2015), Cup (14th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), mojo (15th April 2015), Pris (14th April 2015), Wind (15th April 2015)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    I think Aragorn and Anarp are getting a little too brainy for me lol. Still, it's all good.

Quote Originally posted by Cup View Post
    So many new good threads starting, thank you.

What is consciousness? Consciousness is the symptom of a living being, a soul. Consciousness cannot be manufactured, it is eternal, it cannot be separated from the soul. The soul is conscious and through consciousness free will is expressed.

All living entities have consciousness, trees, animals, crystals, humans, blue avians but that consciousness, or spiritual energy is covered by more or less material energy which will limit, to a greater or lesser degree the souls capacity for expressing consciousness.

A tree has relatively less capacity to express consciousness than a human, due to the limitations of the tree body, and a human has his/her limitations due to the human body, compared with the blue avians. But the soul within those different bodies is not different in quality or quantity.

You can observe yourself when you use your mind to think, you can observe your thoughts, the observer is the conscious soul.

The process of ascension or enlightenment we are going through is the purification and rising of vibration of the layers of material dust that is covering our soul our consciousness and it is driven by the souls desire. Ultimately the soul is perfect and complete and we are on our journey to discover that.

That is my two paisa.
    Now, Cup, you just had to drop in a reference to the 'blue avians'?

Here's my two paisa.

Should the 'blue avians' exist, who says that they have 'fewer limitations' expressing consciousness than a human being? First, ironically, we have to prove blue avians 'exist'.

And, assuming they exist, what if they're just another group of entities caught up in 4th density (if you believe that sort of thing) unaware (or FULLY aware) that they've not 'risen higher' and are living in their own self-contrived hierarchical wonderlands?

I'm not comfortable with the idea of 'hierarchies' of any kind -- either here or 'over there' (should 'over there' exist) -- and like to think of all life-forms/existence/consciousness on the same, horizontal path. Perhaps, we're just occupying different places along that path.

I would also suggest that we not underestimate the ability of a tree to express consciousness due to the 'perceived limitations' we suppose it has compared to us. We simply do not know enough IMHO.
    Last edited by Pris, 15th April 2015 at 03:58.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Anarp (15th April 2015), Aragorn (15th April 2015), Bob (15th April 2015), Ciauzar (15th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), mojo (15th April 2015), Wind (15th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post
    What if 'true light' or whatever you would call it, is also a 'meme' and, as such, is also a trap? What if there's nothing 'on the other side' except us with our creative imaginations? What if there is no 'other side'?
    Indeed, what if? We can't know for sure, so we just continue to assume things.

However there is this thing called gnosis which is instinctive knowing.
    Last edited by Wind, 15th April 2015 at 01:11.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Anarp (15th April 2015), Aragorn (15th April 2015), Ciauzar (15th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), mojo (15th April 2015), Pris (15th April 2015), Sebastion (15th April 2015)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Indeed, what if? We can't know for sure, so we just continue to assume things.

However there is this thing called gnosis which is instinctive knowing.
    ...like to know when to duck?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2015), Ciauzar (15th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), mojo (15th April 2015), Wind (15th April 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post
    ...like to know when to duck?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2015), Ciauzar (15th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), mojo (15th April 2015), Pris (15th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    For starters I'll state that consciousness is everything we can become aware of.
    Reason i'm stating it as this is that I hold the notion that certain aspects of consciousness are not easy to see without some form of training in observance.
    This is my definition as I stated it a few days ago in another thread.
    As some of the explanations earlier are a tad technical I won't get into the meat of those explanations. The above definition still stands though. As it is in the things we are aware of that we experience consciousness.

If gnosis equals instinctive knowing for me it would be some form of experiental consciousness as what else is it than the consciousness that knows the bare truth.

if you sit, know your sitting.
    If you walk, know you are walking.
    When you eat, know you are eating.
    When you sleep. Well what do you know I usually remember sleeping, but mostly not when I am sleeping. So sleeping must be an unconscious act then?
    From a bare reality perspective I can only speculate, even make very informed speculations about what sleep is. I can get some understanding of seep by observing others in the act of sleeping. So do we still call this knowledge gnosis?

WIth Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Anarp (15th April 2015), Aragorn (15th April 2015), Ciauzar (15th April 2015), Cup (15th April 2015), lookbeyond (16th April 2015), mojo (15th April 2015), Wind (15th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Certainly some very interesting and thought-provoking comments. Thank you all for participating.

In the original post, I ventured my own definition of what consciousness might be, or mean..... viz: "A graduated state of awareness of the experience of being." This was an attempt to grasp a wider-than-human-consciousness understanding of the term.

I hadn't actually looked at what the dictionary said about it, which follows below:

consciousness
    ˈkɒnʃəsnɪs/Submit
    noun
    the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings.
    "she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"
    synonyms: awareness, wakefulness, alertness, responsiveness, sentience
    "she failed to regain consciousness"
    antonyms: unconsciousness
    a person's awareness or perception of something.
    "her acute consciousness of Luke's presence"
    synonyms: awareness of, knowledge of the existence of, alertness to, sensitivity to, realization of, cognizance of, mindfulness of, perception of, apprehension of, recognition of
    "her acute consciousness of Luke's presence"

Predictably, the dictionary definition is restricted to human consciousness, and doesn't venture into the more murky domain of what universal consciousness might be, or how levels of consciousness may differ in accordance to vibratory patterns that are inherent in the ambient environment.

That's a very good post you have written there, Anarp. Although the only part I would disagree with is the "false light"-meme, I think that itself is a trap.
    Hi Wind......

So, I'm a little confused here.

Are you saying that the idea of there being a false-light recycling mechanism [constructed by the Archons] to get humans back into physicality as soon as possible, is essentially a fabrication of the people [Lash, Day, Icke etc] who write about it?

I can't be sure, but I believe that such a re-cycling mechanism was referred to in the original Nag Hammadi scrolls, from which all of the Archon and Gnostic teachings originated.

Thus, I am interested to understand how you would consider the dissemination of the alleged existence of a false-light re-cycling mechanism [by various authors], in the astral realms, to be a trap?

How can we be trapped by being advised not to follow the light after we die?

I think that when it comes to scientists like Hawking, the ego comes into play. They believe (or want to believe) that they can explain everything in existence by way of the discipline they are schooled in, such as mathematics or physics. They can't, because they refuse to look beyond the physical realm.

It is reminiscent of the eternal "Republicans versus Democrats" debate in the USA. It's a senseless debate. On the one hand you've got the Darwinists and the scientists, and on the other hand you've got the religious people. Scientists reject spirituality, and religious people -- especially the fanatic ones -- reject science and see an act of a deity in everything, and even attribute that deity with very human properties, and ascribe laws to that deity which must be obeyed by mortals, lest they be excommunicated, locked up, tortured or even executed in some cases.
    Agreed! It has even been suggested that Hawking has been deliberately positioned in the spotlight of the scientific community because he represents controlled opposition to any opinion that may seriously threaten mainstream science..... like the earth being flat, for example.

I seem to recall a news item just recently that quoted a respected quantum physicist who was passing a caustic comment on the lamentable lack of knowledge within the quantum community.

Yes, here it is: http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...tum-physicist/

If that link doesn't work, here's the script:

THEORETICAL Quantum Physicist Dr. Amit Goswami admitted today that he, and his peers, have absolutely ‘no ****ing idea’ what they’re doing, and claims they were no nearer than prehistoric man to figuring out the Universe.

“We have been just winging it to tell you the truth,” explained the 78-year-old in an exclusive interview with WWN. “Seriously, I haven’t a clue what’s going on. Either does anyone else in my field. We keep proving stuff that never actually happened”.
    “Our cover is blown, what can I say? He added.

Dr. Goswami’s comments came after yet another alleged breakthrough in quantum mechanics which claims the universe has existed forever, as opposed to being created by a ‘big bang’.

“Over the years there have been just a handful of us pretending to know something about the universe that no one else does,” he went on. “But this is all lies to feed the charade. I’ve had some great times during the years; travelling the world, and giving talks on our pretend finds”.

When asked how he got away with it for so long, he replied: “I found out a long time ago that everything can be proven with a mathematical equation. Now, I mean everything; from unicorns, fire-breathing dragons, God and even the G-spot. None of it is true. Me and the handful that know the truth have been riding the Quantum Physicist celebrity wave for quite some time now, but it must end – before someone gets hurt”.
    The University of Oregon professor warned that the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, known as CERN, could potentially wipe out the entire planet if the project is not put to a halt.

“Seriously, when myself, Higgs and Ben (Benjamin Lockspeiser CERN’s first president) first pitched the idea, we never thought it would get funding. It was gonna cost billions for Christs sake,” he recalled. “**** knows what the thing does – no one does. Firing particles at each other at the speed of light can’t end well. I’m just worried now we took the joke too far”.

Ending the interview, professor Goswami apologised for “spoofing” everybody over the years.

“I’m coming near the end of my days now and I just want to get this off my chest,” he said. “I just hope the world can forgive us”.

What if 'true light' or whatever you would call it, is also a 'meme' and, as such, is also a trap? What if there's nothing 'on the other side' except us with our creative imaginations? What if there is no 'other side'?

Hi Pris......

Indeed.... what if the theories of the Yellow Rose for Texas are true, even remotely?

What she is saying is that we live in a 'server' as bytes of computer code - similar in essence to the suggestion made by the Wachowski brothers, in the Matrix trilogy of movies.

All of our experiences - she says - are nothing more than programmes being acted out by Avatars, while we, as the Soul energy behind the movie set, watch from a distance.... or rather, from a different state of beingness.

If the powers-that-be have convinced us that the Earth is a globe that revolves anti-clockwise at over 1000 mph, near a sun that's contained in a solar system that's revolving around the galaxy at hundreds of thousands of mph, and that the galaxy is revolving around something else at a gazillion mph...... yet not a breeze here on the ground.......

We are told - variously - that the sun is somewhere between 75 and 150 million miles away from the Earth, and yet, a simple sextant and Pythagorean principles measure it at only 3000 miles distant.....

Etc etc etc...... we really have to dig very deep and decide, ultimately, that nothing we have been taught in our schools is either factual, correct, or even relevant to our emerging real selves.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anarp For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2015), Ciauzar (15th April 2015), Cup (15th April 2015), Pris (15th April 2015)

Thanks
    If the powers-that-be have convinced us that the Earth is a globe that revolves anti-clockwise at over 1000 mph, near a sun that's contained in a solar system that's revolving around the galaxy at hundreds of thousands of mph, and that the galaxy is revolving around something else at a gazillion mph...... yet not a breeze here on the ground.......
    Inertia. The same reason as to why you can have a cup of coffee on board of an airplane racing through the sky at 800 km/h -- or in the event of the Concorde, even 2'200 km/h. If Earth were to suddenly stop spinning, there would be massive tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, and whatever other violent displacement of objects you can imagine.

We are told - variously - that the sun is somewhere between 75 and 150 million miles away from the Earth, and yet, a simple sextant and Pythagorean principles measure it at only 3000 miles distant.....
    Atmospheric lensing. :-)

Etc etc etc...... we really have to dig very deep and decide, ultimately, that nothing we have been taught in our schools is either factual, correct, or even relevant to our emerging real selves.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that nothing is either correct, factual or relevant, but for a large part of what we think we know, that is true, yes. Over here in Europe for instance, the education system is specifically being tailored to accommodate the requirements of the labor market (and thus: the corporations) rather than to stimulate children into finding out what resonates with them and letting them develop their individual talents.

Everything is (over-)industrialized. It's perverse.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 15th April 2015 at 17:56. Reason: typographical correction

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Anarp (15th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), idigress (5th September 2015), Pris (15th April 2015)

Thanks
    How can we be trapped by being advised not to follow the light after we die?
    We have talked many times about these beliefs before here and everywhere else too so I'm not too fond to debate about it again. I'm just giving my two cents. To me the concept is a trap, because it instills an false idea to people's mind while possibly causing them to fear death. "What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere."

Do you know what happens to some earthbound souls (also known as ghosts) when they are afraid to go the light? They become a nuisance here on Earth while bothering us mortals, they can even latch on to some people's auras while draining their life force. Then there are all those poor souls who have died suddenly or the ones who have died violently and cannot or do not know how to move on and they remain here and linger before they receive guidance... Mean spirited souls there are too. Some souls do not go the light because they are afraid of punishment, or "implant stations", perhaps. So they just remain in limbo while partially co-existing with us here. Of course there are many people and beings who can guide them back to the light, where they are supposed to go. Not into some implant stations, but back into home. Spirit realm.

To me it seems that most people dismiss thousands of NDE-reports just as "implanted visions" or something like that, which to me doesn't make any sense. There is a reason for us to be here and that is to learn. When we die, we see what we have achieved during our lifetime. No one or nothing swipes our memory away, in the spirit world we remember who and what we truly are and also we remember all of our past lives. Here in the this current life all the information about past and future lives is irrelevant, although highly fascinating to the conscious mind. However, if we had the knowledge it would only hinder our process. When we choose to enter another womb, we do it while aknowledging that as souls we will have to go through the veil of forgetfulness. That doesn't mean that we forget everything, in fact many children remember a lot from the past lives. All that information fades out gradually as we get more attuned into this current body and also when our personality/ego develops.

So in short, no I do not believe in that particular myth which has been misinterpreted. However, the opposing force (archons etc.) do try to control us here on Earth by influecing us and our minds. The mind can be manipulated in soo many ways, it can actually be our weakest link believe it or not. Do you think that the dark ones are all-powerful? No they're not. Their powers are only fairly limited, although they are seemingly more powerful than we humans at the moment. However, above the archons all the overseers or guardians who are watching the play here on Earth. They are making sure that the universal laws are being obeyed, meaning that the game will be at least somewhat fair. No manipulation of the souls. Make no mistake, spiritual warfare has been occurring here on Earth for eons. Dualistic universe so I suppose there always has to be an opposing force, it keeps the game interesting.

Although I suspect that in the next "level" (of consciousness) we will experience life from an nondualistic viewpoint so that kind of adversity will not be needed any longer, at least not in this way. There will be other lessons. Here it's about making choices, in higher kingdoms the lessons are more "easier". In the next dimension it would be about love, here we barely even understand what it means. Or else this world wouldn't be such a mess as it is.

I don't want to sound condescending, but it seems like most people don't have the correct understanding about why reincarnation happens and what is the universal law of karma. It's about having self-responsiblity, it's about learning and growing through adversity. That's what life is all about.

So, I much more prefer the age old esoteric knowledge.

Reincarnation and Karma

by H.P. Blavatsky

Reincarnation means that this Ego will be furnished with a new body, a new brain, and a new memory. Therefore it would be as absurd to expect this memory to remember that which it has never recorded as it would be idle to examine under a microscope a shirt never worn by a murderer, and seek on it for the stains of blood which are to be found only on the clothes he wore.

But if [the Ego] is punished in this life for the misdeeds committed in the previous one, then it ... ought to be rewarded also, whether here, or when disincarnated. And so it is. ... Crimes and sins committed on a plane of objectivity and in a world of matter, cannot receive punishment in a world of pure subjectivity. We believe in no hell or paradise as localities; in no objective hell-fires and worms that never die, nor in any Jerusalems with streets paved with sapphires and diamonds. What we believe in is a post-mortem state or mental condition, such as we are in during a vivid dream.

Our present lives and circumstances are the direct results of our own deeds and thoughts in lives that are past. ... If our present lives depend upon the development of certain principles which are a growth from the germs left by a previous existence, the law holds good as regards the future. Once grasp the idea that universal causation is not merely present, but past, present and future, and every action on our present plane falls naturally and easily into its true place, and is seen in its true relation to ourselves and to others. Every mean and selfish action sends us backward and not forward, while every noble thought and every unselfish deed are stepping-stones to the higher and more glorious planes of being. If this life were all, then in many respects it would indeed be poor and mean; but regarded as a preparation for the next sphere of existence, it may be used as the golden gate through which we may pass, not selfishly and alone, but in company with our fellows, to the palaces which lie beyond.

Once that you have assimilated all the details you will see that for logic, consistency, profound philosophy, divine mercy and equity, this doctrine of Reincarnation has not its equal on earth. It is a belief in a perpetual progress for each incarnating Ego, or divine soul, in an evolution from the outward into the inward, from the material to the Spiritual, arriving at the end of each stage at absolute unity with the divine Principle. From strength to strength, from the beauty and perfection of one plane to the greater beauty and perfection of another, with accessions of new glory, of fresh knowledge and power in each cycle, such is the destiny of every Ego, which thus becomes its own Saviour in each world and incarnation. In other words, it can return to the original state of the homogeneity of primordial essence only through the addition of the fruitage of Karma, which alone is able to create an absolute conscious deity, removed but one degree from the absolute ALL.
    Last edited by Wind, 15th April 2015 at 09:38.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Anarp (15th April 2015), Aragorn (15th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015), Divine Feminine (15th April 2015), Dreamtimer (15th April 2015), idigress (5th September 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Inertia. The same reason as to why you can have a cup of coffee on board of an airplane racing through the sky at 800 km/h -- or in the event of the Concorde, even 2'200 km/h. If Earth were to suddenly stop spinning, there would be massive tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, and whatever else violent displacement of objects you can imagine.

Atmospheric lensing. :-)

I wouldn't go so far as to say that nothing is either correct, factual or relevant, but for a large part of what we think we know, that is true, yes. Over here in Europe for instance, the education system is specifically being tailored to accommodate the requirements of the labor market (and thus: the corporations) rather than to stimulate children into finding out what resonates with them and letting them develop their individual talents.

Everything is (over-)industrialized. It's perverse.
    Hmmm.... well, my friend, I have only just started my investigation into the validity of the Heliocentric model, so I am still in the data-gethering stage.

Suffice it to say that this is very hotly-debated subject [heliocentrism versus geocentrism], and there is already a thread on this forum dedicated to this endeavour.

In the meantime, I have found a great deal of truth in this video, which is intelligently edited, and tends to promote the science behind the Flat Earth argument, rather than throwing cold water at the Global model.... although there is quite a bit of the latter, as well!

See what you think: Flat Earth Podcast with Eric Dubay and Mark Knight

In this highly-informative and humorous podcast President of the International Flat Earth Research Society and webmaster of AtlanteanConspiracy.com, Eric Dubay, talks with fellow conspiracy author and webmaster of WaykiWayki.com, Mark Knight. Topics covered include flat Earth science vs. ball Earth pseudo-science, the various proofs/evidence for the geocentric flat Earth and debunking the supposed proofs/evidence for the heliocentric ball-Earth, the North Pole and South Pole (or lack thereof) and the Antarctic ice-rim, the Sun, Moon, eclipses, seasons, Polaris, stars, planets, NASA, the fake Moon and Mars landings, the controlled opposition Flat Earth Society vs. the legitimate International Flat Earth Research Society, and disinformation agents like Mark Sargent (codename: Sargent Non-Sense)

Source: www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5aB6oThGK8

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/ [Eric Dubay's website]

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anarp For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2015), Pris (15th April 2015), Verum (21st April 2015)

Thanks
    Hmmm.... well, my friend, I have only just started my investigation into the validity of the Heliocentric model, so I am still in the data-gethering stage.

Suffice it to say that this is very hotly-debated subject [heliocentrism versus geocentrism], and there is already a thread on this forum dedicated to this endeavour.

[...]

Source: www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5aB6oThGK8

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/ [Eric Dubay's website]
    Oh boy... The flat earth hypothesis and the badly warped pseudoscience behind it... <shakes head>

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cup (19th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    [QUOTE]
    We have talked many times about these beliefs before here and everywhere else too so I'm not too fond to debate about it again. I'm just giving my two cents. To me the concept is a trap, because it instills an false idea to people's mind while possibly causing them to fear death.
    Thank you for your detailed reply, Wind. I have a few remarks to make on this subject, as it is not too-far-removed from the discussion about Consciousness.

May I respectfully ask how you can be so certain that the Archontic tunnel-of-light-trap is a "false idea"?

I agree that such a notion of astral skullduggery flies in the face of many New Age teachings concerning the afterlife, and that such a notion may induce a fear of death. However, one of the most prevailing and all-encompassing fears that presently impacts the human collective, is already the fear of death!

I would add that most of the information concerning what happens to the soul after it leaves the body [always assuming that a soul exists!] has entered the collective consciousness [of those who care about such matters], via the likes of Madame Blavatsky [et al], dating back to 1865 when she founded the Theosophical Society, and who you have quoted below..... a well-respected advocate of Karmic principles.

For a long time I have found nothing, in terms of conflicting information, with which to challenge the notions put forward by Blavatsky....until just recently, when I have been questioning everything that I have ever learned, or accepted as true, about just about everything, but especially New Age teachings.

Is the principle of Karmic balance, as propounded by the Blavatsky advocates, just another flawed theory? Who really knows for sure? How are we to know that the notion of Karma is not another programme, amongst many, in a world that only seems to be real from our limited, five-sensory interpretation? Is the principle of the existence of Karma a purposeful tool used by the Archons to render feelings of overwhelming guilt, resulting from the tiniest of peccadilloes, thereby inculcating feelings of unworthiness to enter the higher realms?

I don't know, and neither does anyone else who currently resides in a physical body. All we can do is repeat what other people have said on the subject.

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere."
    I agree! And the idea that currently pervades the human collective is the one that says "follow the white light down the tunnel"! Is this possibly the biggest deception that we have ever encountered.......... created by the worst parasites the world has ever known...... mind-parasites?

Do you know what happens to some earthbound souls (also known as ghosts) when they are afraid to go the light? They become a nuisance here on Earth while bothering us mortals, they can even latch on to some people's auras while draining their life force. Then there are all those poor souls who have died suddenly or the ones who have died violently and cannot or do not know how to move on and they remain here and linger before they receive guidance... Mean spirited souls there are too. Some souls do not go the light because they are afraid of punishment, or "implant stations", perhaps. So they just remain in limbo while partially co-existing with us here. Of course there are many people and beings who can guide them back to the light, where they are supposed to go. Not into some implant stations, but back into home. Spirit realm.
    Again, this is merely a New Age hypothesis. We have no proof of why spirits move on, or don't move on....or even if there is anywhere to move on to! All we have is reams and reams of spiritual theosophy and channelled New Age gobbledegook that remains unproven and unprovable to this day.

To me, it seems that most people dismiss thousands of NDE-reports just as "implanted visions" or something like that, which to me doesn't make any sense. There is a reason for us to be here and that is to learn. When we die, we see what we have achieved during our lifetime. No one or nothing swipes our memory away, in the spirit world we remember who and what we truly are and also we remember all of our past lives. Here in this current life all the information about past and future lives is irrelevant, although highly fascinating to the conscious mind. However, if we had the knowledge it would only hinder our process. When we choose to enter another womb, we do it while acknowledging that as souls we will have to go through the veil of forgetfulness. That doesn't mean that we forget everything, in fact many children remember a lot from the past lives. All that information fades out gradually as we get more attuned into this current body and also when our personality/ego develops.
    Well, you speak with great authority on a subject that is based in myth and superstition! Certainly people report Near-Death and Out-of-Body experiences, and many are very similar. But, how do we know we are not all living within the same computer terminal, running the same programmes? How do we know for sure if any of this is real? How is it possible to be absolutely sure of what exists here until we are fully and completely clear of its influences?

So in short, no I do not believe in that particular myth which has been misinterpreted. However, the opposing force (archons etc.) do try to control us here on Earth by influencing us and our minds. The mind can be manipulated in soo many ways, it can actually be our weakest link believe it or not. Do you think that the dark ones are all-powerful? No they're not. Their powers are only fairly limited, although they are seemingly more powerful than we humans at the moment. However, above the archons all the overseers or guardians who are watching the play here on Earth. They are making sure that the universal laws are being obeyed, meaning that the game will be at least somewhat fair. No manipulation of the souls. Make no mistake, spiritual warfare has been occurring here on Earth for eons. Dualistic universe so I suppose there always has to be an opposing force, it keeps the game interesting.
    May I ask if you have ever been in the company of a so-called "Guardian" or "overseer"? Or are you just repeating something that someone else has said, and which appeals to your sense of what might be worth hanging on to, as truth?

Because, you see, this notion of Guardians, or Guardian Angels, is NOT universally accepted as being true..... merely in New Age circles. And we all know that the entire New Age network was co-opted and hijacked by the CIA many moons ago. Or rather, we should do!
    Last edited by Anarp, 15th April 2015 at 16:19.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anarp For This Useful Post:

Divine Feminine (15th April 2015), Pris (15th April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Oh boy... The flat earth hypothesis and the badly warped pseudoscience behind it... <shakes head>
    Wow, that was quick. So you watched the entire 2-hour video, and then came to your "pseudoscience" conclusion? Or, are you running the same real--science programme that has been installed in all of us from school days?

Funny, those who have looked at this subject with an open mind often come to the conclusion that there is far more scientific evidence supporting the Flat Earth theory, than there is supporting the Globe Earth theory.

But, never mind. I don't feel inclined to discuss this here.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anarp For This Useful Post:

Cup (19th April 2015), Pris (15th April 2015), Verum (21st April 2015)

Thanks
    Wow, that was quick. So you watched the entire 2-hour video, and then came to your "pseudoscience" conclusion? Or, are you running the same real--science programme that has been installed in all of us from school days?[...]
    No, I only watched a short part of the video, and I did read the text at that second link -- Eric Dubay's website. Furthermore, this topic isn't new. It has been around for quite a while, so I'm familiar with it.

Funny, those who have looked at this subject with an open mind often come to the conclusion that there is far more scientific evidence supporting the Flat Earth theory, than there is supporting the Globe Earth theory.

But, never mind. I don't feel inclined to discuss this here.[/COLOR]
    For one, the numerics are all wrong, and conveniently cloaked in US American and Imperial measurements, while the rest of the world uses the metric system. And then there are also conveniently overlooked things while focusing on falsehoods. The lighthouses for instance. Just as they say you should still be able to see a lighthouse 30 miles away, standing on the cliffs of Dover, you cannot see the lighthouses on the European mainland's coastline, and that too is about 30 miles.

There's a lot more, and it's all of the same kind of pseudo-scientific evidence as there is for Creationism -- just for clarity's sake, please note that I am not disputing Creation but rather the Abrahamic-fundamentalist religious belief called Creationism -- and for the hypotheses therein that Earth would be only 6'000 years old and that humans and dinosaurs would have lived peacefully side by side in the Garden of Eden.

Ask any pilot who has ever been so high as the stratosphere as to whether Earth is flat, and they will all tell you that it isn't. Must be quite a lot of liars out there then, only so as to cover up that Earth is actually flat.

Really guys, come on... :-)

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Anarp (15th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015)

Retired Member Ireland
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 263 Posts
    The only reason i dont trust the yellowrosefortexas material (although im grateful for it as it started the awakening process for me) is that i asked a few questions and got hounded and called a troll/dirty s**t/whore/paid shill for asking a few questions respectfully, with yellowrose herself egging them on, so i dont follow her anymore as it upset me quite a bit and seems to be a bit cultish.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahdita85 For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2015), Cup (19th April 2015)