Thread: Woman ordered find work lying in a coma

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts

Woman ordered find work lying in a coma

Sheila Holt: Woman ordered to find work while lying in coma dies aged 48
    Monday, a woman called Sheila Holt died.

I first wrote about Sheila over a year ago. Since December 17 she had been in a coma following a heart attack she suffered at a psychiatric unit.

Sheila, described by her sister as “beautiful, gentle and kind-hearted”, had severe bipolar depression following childhood trauma.

She hadn’t worked for 27 years. But she was admitted to the unit after being pushed into the Government’s Work Programme – terrified that her benefits would be cut.

Sheila held on for these last 15 months, with her father Ken and sister Linda at her bedside.

But last week, the brain injury she sustained during her heart attack took her life. She was 48.

When I spoke to Ken yesterday he told me the saddest thing was that Sheila had known all of this was going to happen to her.

“I told her not to worry,” Ken says. “I said, ‘They won’t take your benefits, they can see you can’t work’.

“But Sheila said, ‘They will because they are a cruel Government’.” His voice breaks. “You see, Sheila was cleverer than any of us. She knew.”

What she couldn’t have known is that the private companies employed by the DWP would continue to hound her even when she was in a coma. Full article click below;
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-death-5353202

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

citrine15 (13th April 2015), GCS1103 (13th April 2015), sandancer (13th April 2015), shannon333 (13th April 2015), Sooz (13th April 2015), Spiritwind (13th April 2015)