Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: You Are Not Your Thoughts

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    A global event, such as a natural catastrophe, would do it. Often times, in highly stressful moments people otherwise unlikely to work together do so.

Non catastrophic moments that would carry the same power might be possible by a great discovery or revelation that touches each person in a way profound enough to distract them from the normal rat-race of the day to day. How such a thing could manifest in a way that does not provoke the engagement of armies and other forces designed and created to instill public order is another good question to be asking.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2015), Cearna (29th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Hi Icam88. On the natural catastrophe side of things, I have experienced it on the micro scale when we here in Christchurch city had a big earthquake in feb 22nd 2011, everyone experienced an I will die moment/s, many made changes which is the norm, many pulled together, many looked for answers and began self journeys, many left for somewhere safer or escape, many began learning to manage stress, nowadays most have escaped back to normal if possible, sure their trust in government and insurance companies is completely gone, but your second option entertains my feelings more so, REVEALation, being profound.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Cearna (29th July 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 381 Posts
    Non catastrophic moments that would carry the same power might be possible by a great discovery or revelation that touches each person in a way profound enough to distract them from the normal rat-race of the day to day. How such a thing could manifest in a way that does not provoke the engagement of armies and other forces designed and created to instill public order is another good question to be asking.
    I said this the other day to an e-friend: "10 billion dollars through Kickstarter, and the Earth is ours."

How else can we do it?

That's all I've got, crowdfunding. I firmly believe the parade of nickel and dime saviours strutting their stuff before the alt media, are all about distracting people from getting their physical act together.

I'm calling them all out: The emperor has no clothes. And... wait... forged documents: He never was an Emperor in the first place.

That's the way I see it, anyway...

Peace

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th July 2015), Celticshaman (29th July 2015), lcam88 (29th July 2015), ZShawn (29th July 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    indeed, everyone is so contracted that whatever service is done for another must have some form of compensation worked out before the service is done, world of whores and mercenaries, such a shame.....small wonder the others don't want to visit .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2015)

Thanks
    Hi ZShawn, imo it is all about self mastery, everything from turning the other cheek, affecting outside of oneself, to knowing why your here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

lcam88 (30th July 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by ZShawn View Post
    indeed, everyone is so contracted that whatever service is done for another must have some form of compensation worked out before the service is done, world of whores and mercenaries, such a shame.....small wonder the others don't want to visit .
    The key words for me in your reply are ( everyone ), I often see this as a pain body word ( Eckhart Tolle ) trigger, ( shame ) again this is your perception and that is okay, many and there is more and more, know all is perfect and go about raising this perfection, other's don't = others not yet ready or knowing, imo.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    The key words for me in your reply are ( everyone ), I often see this as a pain body word ( Eckhart Tolle ) trigger, ( shame ) again this is your perception and that is okay, many and there is more and more, know all is perfect and go about raising this perfection, other's don't = others not yet ready or knowing, imo.
    speaking in general terms when I used the word "everyone" .... it isn't just my perception, but is a reality.....
    we (in general, for the most part) do for money, what we ought to do for love, this certainly isn't a behavior that advances our species.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    to me love = connection and
    spirituality = awareness of that connection

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    To me Love = getting past ones fluffiness sometimes, seeing their/the Shiva within.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    To me, Love = Oneness

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2015)

Thanks
    Agree Icam88, as soon as one puts a signpost lol word ( oneness ) to something, people start defining, what it means to them or what the dictionary says or feelings etc, eg this is oneness for me > http://www.onenesscentre.com.au/Index.html < an Event coming up that aligns to Matt Khan's event timeline, am smiling and happy about sep already.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

lcam88 (4th August 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by ZShawn View Post
    speaking in general terms when I used the word "everyone" .... it isn't just my perception, but is a reality.....
    we (in general, for the most part) do for money, what we ought to do for love, this certainly isn't a behavior that advances our species.
    Nope, this is your perception or why would others hold a different perception, your reality is your perception, we do for love that which we perceive is love, the reality may be different, our species imo has no choice but to evolve with the perceiving programme, what's your reality ( perceiving programme ) ?.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

lcam88 (4th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Agree Icam88, as soon as one puts a signpost lol word ( oneness ) to something, people start defining, what it means to them or what the dictionary says or feelings etc, eg this is oneness for me > http://www.onenesscentre.com.au/Index.html < an Event coming up that aligns to Matt Khan's event timeline, am smiling and happy about sep already.
    I have looked at your link in the most brief and superficial way but feel compelled to say:

Actually, I was meaning to suggest we are all part of one, with the whole of the Universe. That which is different from love, perhaps freedom (its opposite) would cause the whole to separate into distincts...

I know it to be true, I feel it to be true. And while defining and identifying the parts is in our nature, I see it important to understand, see and feel the persistence of oneness even in opposites, so that oneness is not lost.

Is it possible that this type of revelation, in the masses, could cause the type of change you see necessary?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th August 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    if there is to be some kind of event in sept which somehow induces some kind of changes in people so that people can actually connect with and comprehend each other in new ways then this would indeed be epic.... the lack of empathic comprehension is a major cause of many difficulties we make for each other on this planet.

consider just this little example where I define love which if one looks in a secular and religious dictionary one can see has many definitions ranging from feelings of fondness for a thing or another being to something more encompassing and bigger.... after many years of thinking about this topic and having a few epiphanies it occurred to me that love may indeed be defined as being connection in this way: when one becomes aware of the greater world around them in new ways where there is a feeling and awareness of visceral connection to the other people and life forms and things where these are all seen as extensions of the self and one's self as being an extension as well of these others ( a mutual gestalt) then just as one loves one's self, one also has new feelings of love and concern for these others that is the same as the love and concern one has for one's own self..... which is why I see spirituality as being awareness, since all these people in our collective past who we assign as being "spiritual" have these very qualities and attitudes of not just embracing the idea of being connected to everyone and everything but the actual awareness and experience of it.
    so when someone who has had this type of experience would say I love you, it isn't just an intellectual idea it is an experience of one-ness, and that love is not conditional, or dependent on these others having a shared point of view on this or that topic, since even if the other has not had the same experiences of connectivity, they are still connected, they just aren't aware of it.
    out of the head and into the heart is the most important journey for us all to make.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    +1 zshawn

connectedness, In my view, is indeed an aspect of what makes the whole even as the parts may be distinct. Quantum entanglement is a connection, first and foremost. Everything is connected at some level.

And even if we understand oneness as a state of spiritual and pure love, perhaps the subtle distinction between that state [of oneness] and the glue that makes it possible is noteworthy. I'd be inclined to to suggest them being opposite sides of the same token; oneness is less [not] possible without the connection, and also if not for oneness, the connection would be "lost" or arbitary.

And I do thank you for your clarifications. Even as I read your initial posting regarding connection I was in agreement with you.

Quote Originally posted by ZShawn
    if there is to be some kind of event in sept which somehow induces some kind of changes in people so that people can actually connect with and comprehend each other in new ways then this would indeed be epic.... the lack of empathic comprehension is a major cause of many difficulties we make for each other on this planet.
    Hmmm. I see all months to hold equal possibility of being special. September as much as any other month, unless you are in global finance in which case maybe March and September have special meaning on the eleventh day. It would be epic, I expect something gradual, something personal, and something inevitable to happen.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post: