Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: You Are Not Your Thoughts

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 282 Posts
    This reminds me of John Searle. Anyone read/heard him?

He's an intersting prof!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_OPQgPIdKg

Buy a pint to the first person who can tell me where he goes wrong and why.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th April 2015), Altaira (9th April 2015), Cearna (11th April 2015), gardener (9th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 346 Posts
    Brilliant Milneman thank you.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardener For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th April 2015), Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (11th April 2015), Hermit (9th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 500 Posts
    I wrote a response once to a similar thread and my "thoughts" were after the quoted statement below:

"There are many players in this, it is so multi faceted, the universe is a very complex place, but dichotomy of our predicament teaches us we are but one."

In an interesting example of this, six months ago a gifted friend of mine completely out of the blue asked if I was writing a book and why had I stopped? I was shocked as only my wife and Ben knew, and in fairness after a short while i gave up on it.

My friend then proceeded to tell me my late grandfather was "encouraging" me to write this book and had been "giving" me thoughts and ideas, and wished me to continue!!!

He lived in Canada for most of his life surrounded by trees. I utterly adore the outside and trees, and have done all of my life. Now I am thinking (at least I hope it's the construct I consider that is me), is it my choice or my grandfather's? What else are his thoughts and likes and dislikes. As it turns out he has been my guide and my friend has him pay her a visit every so often. To what extent should a guide guide? Like a parent he has and is imprinting me, conditioning me unaware, even though it may be in my best interest, where is my freewill?

Of course, I could close down and allow the silence to take over, but in the void I create, God will fill, and God's voice/presence will dominate and free will as an individual aspect is lost once more.

Situations as they unfold prompt us to think, but these situations are preordained, time is an illusion. Dejavu, precognitive dreams and remote viewing are some of the tools at our disposal to prove that every situation has already happened, so that implies every conceivable thought in response to that situation has been made by ourselves. It is like we decide to choose a thought from the infinite preordained thoughts to create a unique future and every second a separate timeline and combination is followed no matter how slight and seemingly insignificant the disparity between them.

Point is, without the illusion of unique thought, creation from the creators perspective would be utterly pointless, but don't think too hard on it, that's already been done :-)

Also as a sidenote to the above, the two central characters walked up to me smiling during a meditation I had at least a year previously to having the idea of writing the book. Then I had the realisation I was supposed to create the world fir these characters to live in as if their existence rested on my imagination. Are they part of me? Have they come from the future to ensure their creation and immortality within written pages? Are they from my grandfather's imagination? I'm unsure all I know is I'm having immense fun and LOVE their world and potentials.

Stranger than fiction lol.
    Last edited by Mark, 9th April 2015 at 22:22.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

777 (9th April 2015), Aianawa (10th April 2015), Altaira (9th April 2015), Cearna (11th April 2015), Ria (10th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Milneman View Post
    This reminds me of John Searle. Anyone read/heard him?

He's an intersting prof!

Buy a pint to the first person who can tell me where he goes wrong and why.
    At 8.48 he states consciousness has to be experienced by some kind of self..
    I guess we can argue about the existence of that self. Also his definition of consciousness as I hear it is a rather unified whole from the moment we wake up, to the moment we fall asleep or unconscious. Which implies a continuity of consciousness where in my mind it is newly arising from moment to moments.

On a few moments he seems to say that thought == consciousness. instead of a consciousness that is aware of experiencing thought. I really think there is a difference there, that could set one on a illusionary train of though if one identifies consciousness as self.

just a few thoughts....

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th April 2015), Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (11th April 2015), Hermit (11th April 2015), Mark (10th April 2015), Ria (10th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Interesting points of view indeed, thank you. The words were from a dasa/teacher at the Oneness Univercity in India. I first heard them about 6 years ago from their main teachers Ammabhagavan, found the words and message most annoying at the time but meditated getting the best perspective for myself at that time as I could, nowadays I feel the obviousness of message and meaning even as I still involve it fully. The words around Your Mind Is Not Your Mind are still challenging for me though, this I feel being due to working with the collective mind/noosphere through Arguelles material and Ho opono pono material/experiencing But I am getting there. From memory there is even more than what was in topic post, will look into it, once again ta for your thoughts lol

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (11th April 2015), Mark (10th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    This vid explains the Mind is not your mind part well imo > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTbAmBilAmw

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (11th April 2015), Mark (10th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    Lol the part when he says there is no ultimate truth may also mean the one truth lol

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @ Gardaner, the India Univercity sorta closed at end of 2014, always said they would, they were very or totally about the 2012-13 transmission and I remember watch one of their vids made about 13 to 15 years ago where they said they would more or less fold up come the end of 2014, they still do Eye Deeksha/blessings online for free and have people all over the world from China to here in ChCh New Zealand doing the Chambers process, also free.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (11th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    Would add also that there was/is about 100 million oneness blessers world wide that fullt engaged as such in the dec21st 2012 day/ritual, they were probably the largest community involved - not sure though

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (11th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    I propose the end is not to get to know or to Be and Do, or to Think on the role of an empty vessel to be filled in at some time with Enlightenment.

You are one of a kind. You are solid in body, which is unique in itself, because there are none others in existence with our strange anatomical surface area, not because all of us came from the same mind, but this is the heavy planet and is unique in that. The make up took over several trillion years to become one atomically more able to live in rich Life. You may see it as the more set in place structure that has been here since time began and gradually developed into what we are now.

What yourself entered into, is the beginning and end of what you are. Life enters to a being-ness of each some need of each individual. You are mighty to some, to others guests on their home land. You are not the most peculiar, nor the most penitent, nor any other thing. what you are is a being of something known as sentiency. You are not to clear your so called link to God, nor to solve who some one else is, you are Celtic, or Australian or wherever you were born - this is not stupid, because on Earth, each section of a Tectonic Plate, is something in your need, before you came, that was really important to you. In the last evolution of TOT I had written about each of these Tectonic plated and how they related to specific needs of development. I can easily place them up again if you so wish.

Eminent to your needs, is the first of all links to what this is to shed Light to you, on this work of the Wheel of Life. You will be especially linked to specific traits in behaviour, and you are so linked because is not your only lifetime. As you are progressively learning a specific deal is made within you own Soul and Spirit to seek for your work on this Lifetime only. This is very important, because another deal at your beginning time to follow a set stage of development. This is called your Storybook. You are then really what you've searched for and found of life, which is called by the Gods, "Life in the Raw". Words cannot write the Empathic journey, you have been on so far, so, in effect, your own Storybook, is the better stories of your own dealings in life. Every lifetime you seek for Soul Development, is recorded on your Life in the Raw Storybook, but your experiences become more than this, so your are not the writer of your journey, your Soul becomes the memory of all links that heal or harm you in each life, and you record all memories pursuant to some very special finding of Soul Development -good and bad, not in your mind, but in your body. If your Soul becomes ill at ease over some intent to go against your Soul needs, then it will stop life in that particular mind/body/Spirit/Soul action you are taking part in hence illness or dis-ease. You are not then in balance with your own real needs and if you continue along the Pathway against the solution your Soul needs you to find, you will head to a Mac truck event. Or in realisation of your own running away from your Seekers needs you are saluting only the rustification of an endless life heading nowhere.

WHO R U then, you are investigating topics of soul Development within an experiential life in a physical body - however, the thought and actions you decide upon will only jab at you like a vaccination. If you are following your own particular flow of life your systematic need to accomplish your inner needs will glow an Light your way, if you are already out of sync with your needs and direction, you may in fact get a horrible reaction, and find you are solif fat and not lean and trim - or- you've lost the plot and need to clear immense rigidity to a new purpose of independent links to your soul. What thought have to do with it - you are either Fears and thus incapable of reaching a better link to Soul or you are open enough to somehow think in the round holes and not the square pegs placed before you.

If you get immensely angry or frustrated, means no solution will come to you, for life began in round holes, not square holes, till living in your life with square pegs told you, you'd been missing the intelligent answer to the intelligent question. or this

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th April 2015), Altaira (12th April 2015), lcam88 (16th July 2015), Ria (11th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    Hi Cearna , in the vid above, it is talked about ( thought/s ) as a river that will flow through our minds whether awakened/enlightened or not, the ancient human mind is just there to the awakened one that has had the neurobiological click as such, where as the unawakened one chases the thoughts in the river

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (12th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 282 Posts
    Bingo.

Basically? He's doing the same thing Descartes does, just in a different way.

What I love the most about philosophers, and hate, is the lack (it seems) of ability to simply say, I don't know how it works!

Great observations Eelco!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2018), Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (12th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    Mmmmm so does one disregard the philosophers that give their simple answer/perception ?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (12th April 2015), Hermit (12th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Hi Cearna , in the vid above, it is talked about ( thought/s ) as a river that will flow through our minds whether awakened/enlightened or not, the ancient human mind is just there to the awakened one that has had the neurobiological click as such, where as the unawakened one chases the thoughts in the river
    Sorry I can't watch videos, so cannot expound on anything in them.

However, in my need to explain, it was not in answer to thought being who we are, as who we are is what I wrote about, with the effect that thought have upon that. Mind is only one part of what we are made of - it cannot spell nor think of anything in a role, or a Pathway, or a place you have been, or even an experience you have had, for the mind is only the container in which to place information. It does not disseminate nor deliniate, nor place best intentions before you, or show images to you of all that ancient human mind, of which you speak. It matters not to your mind about anything at all, it simply holds information, till yourself decides to empty this or that out of it and leave room to fill the cup up again.

I will give you an example of how it works from my own life - I cannot explain from anyone else, I have not ever lived in your moccassins.

I was asked from Above, would I wish to take on a particular role in life. I knew of what the role was from my experience in life, but how you began to do what was being asked, I had no idea at all, how do you know what is required for any specific role? No one Above, gave me any clues on this, because none of them had ever been in this role either. I began to think - I'm a triple Aries, what Aries do is think. I began to think along the lines of what others had been telling me, and what I had observed. I had been a High School teacher for thirty years, not a mother but had plenty of opportunity to worry over and observe others, not so much live my own life at that stage. The first thing that came to my mind, was how do we begin to live as one in harmony and leaving others in need to heal and grow.

Having postulated the framing of a question, then I began finding thoughts coming to me along these lines. Was this part of the original question - did I want to be in a particular role? I had no idea, but thought came to me clearly. Never worrying over where they came from, I thought on those lines. One at a time thoughts came to me, as I appeared to have covered each one to some completion of a thought, my Higher Self, would say ditto, followed by many other dittos in the background. At the end of the first thought I heard that is now one. After each one, a round of dittos from the Spirits who were intrigued by this whole idea and then the next number until I finally reached 100. No comments, no debates just the next number was reached. At the end of the 100 I was told you are now to have that role, please return to soul and thank it for displaying thought to me. These were from my mind, from when I first began on the journey of Life and throughout all lives I had ever had.

Some of those from Above in Roles, were listening to me, and were openly discussing the need to give these thoughts to others who live openly in life as we do. They began to solve what the rest of us were needing in our own lives, and as well as giving me the role, they asked me to join the ranks of the teachers who ask life questions, and make life emptiness disappear. Many people on Earth really wish to learn true spiritual growth and at some time call out to be taught, from real teachers who know what to teach. Those who do this, are given permission to go to what I call the Spiritual School in the Sky. There is also a hospital in the sky for those who call out in need of healing from a terriible dis-ease. The people who go to these, do in their sleep, and the teachers or Healers go in their sleep to do their work of helping others - I know because I go as a teacher and as a healer to each of these places.

Now getting to the point, the process that took place was, that, I gave the question out because I did not know what was required, my answer did not come from any proverbial stram of thought from somewhere else or someone else, it was my own Soul who answered me. What it does, is to search through all those memories I mentioned being within my body, when it finds something that answers the question, it presents that to me, I do not see images, so it came as thought, which my own self could then begin to think on and come to the fullness of what it meant to me now. Thoughts having been given to me in this way once, are not shown to me again, it is up to me to listen to my Soul and then take action. Once i realise what it is that I come up with, then if my Soul is satisfied with that answer, the thought is no longer stored in my body, it becomes an established part of my own soul Development and thus is now stored in my Soul forever. If I add to this at a later date, the Soul then adds this new work to the one stored in the Soul as a more extended answer to that question. should I need that information,at another time to answer another question, the Soul will give it to me as what direction is the best to follow for the immediate question.

The awareness or non-awareness comes from first of all do you have a Soul or not, many on Earth do not, but that is another story to dwell upon, or were you unaware that with each experience your Soul wishes you to look upon it, come to some conclusions or not, think about how it came about, that sort of thing - you know the kind of answers you get from hindsight. If you did, it can either store it in the boy or store it in the soul itself depending on how far you get with your hindsight. If you don't look into it with what the soul is asking you to look, then you repeat the experience until you get the message.

Now what goes on with you to the next part of the journey is the Story book, Soul, Spirit, and whatever talents you learnt along the way, occult experiences seldom go on with you. When you return to Home every one there is waiting to find out what you found on your journey, it means a lot to them as well. Does this help, I'm happy to explain more.
    Last edited by Cearna, 12th April 2015 at 06:24.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Altaira (12th April 2015), Life2Essence (19th September 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    Mmmm yes the mind is indeed memory, I am still digesting your post atm

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), Cearna (12th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)