Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: You Are Not Your Thoughts

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lcam88 View Post
    It that were true, Aianawa, we would be able to turn off our reality, we would be able to choose not to experience (torture for example).

That said, when we daydream or shift the focus of our reality, we do make a choice about what we experience. But that we cannot choose not to experience being the point I would like to make above.
    We can turn off the reality we did not create, surviving/suffering is torture IMO,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Indeed, but that would mean meddling with a reality someone else created. Why is that even interesting? Isn't it better to meddle with our own created realities?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    This video fits here, IMO.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-6hosFAObI

PS

The blind spots we sometimes notice in our field of vision are explained in an ablation type of scenario, as though a part of our brain may be missing?
    Last edited by lcam88, 14th January 2016 at 12:47.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2016), Dreamtimer (14th January 2016)

Thanks
    Indeed, but that would mean meddling with a reality someone else created. Why is that even interesting? Isn't it better to meddle with our own created realities?
    Feel we are on the same page, just our experiences may be different and maybe also I believe the collective mind/nooshere meddles with individual minds until one knows their own mind And then move to a heart and mind functioning where logic/knowing/feelings/perfect action, is.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

lcam88 (15th January 2016)

Thanks
    Why does the perfect action not involve thoughts or need to maybe better said ?, heart mind connection, now I have observed there is a difference between male and female around this heart mind connection which flummoxes me a wee bit, maybe many perfect actions lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maunagarjana View Post
    Yes, you are not your thoughts, not your emotions, not your body, not your personality, and not even your mind. You are experiencing these things and identifying with them, but they do not define you. You exist beyond them all. You *have* those things. But to say you *have them* is to suggest that you are *not them*. So, who has these things? Who is the owner and operator of this confounded mind?
    A known mind knows Thyself therefore a collective mind does not influence it. Ones own mind is not the brain, an aspect maybe, ones own mind is part of one's own conduit of above and below, along with the heart, the chakras, plus

Thanks
    This video fits here, IMO.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-6hosFAObI

PS

The blind spots we sometimes notice in our field of vision are explained in an ablation type of scenario, as though a part of our brain may be missing?
    Am a big Sheldrake fan lcam88, just watched this, had to prioritize and watch Outlanders cricket vid first lol.
    Also if one has enhanced their outer energy fields, they can feel others a long way off.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa
    Am a big Sheldrake fan lcam88, just watched this, had to prioritize and watch Outlanders cricket vid first lol.
    Also if one has enhanced their outer energy fields, they can feel others a long way off.
    I've never taken much to cricket... I think it would be more fun to play than to watch though.

Sheldrake is very logical in his approach indeed. Makes you wonder if science and medicine can actual get anything right at all.

The underlined part... Perhaps heightened sensitivity results in enhanced energy fields?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th January 2016)

Thanks
    Chakras chakras chakras, mindfullllness and intent, from experience, IMO.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

lcam88 (20th January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I liked the links you posted earlier on the topic of meditation.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st January 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    This is another meditation which can be challenging, as some of the no mind meditations can be, a goodie though >

http://lawoftime.org/rainbow-bridge/...editation.html

Rainbow Bridge Meditation.

Also this extremely simple yet powerfullll natural mind meditation >

http://lawoftime.org/infobooth/naturalmind.html
    Being curious, what was your experience Lcam88 ?.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Well, I tried the "suggestion for children" version, of noticing the moments between thoughts more carefully.

I have come to notice that moment as a "burst of static" like you saw on old tube based TV's when the channel was flipped to an open frequency. Astronomers might call it the background radiation "noise". It was quite intense. I was right at the point before falling asleep on that occasion. There is something very interesting in that moment of consciousness I think.

Dreams have since been much more vivid, ideas (thoughts) that I would never think of. For example, last night I got the idea that it is possible to swim in open water by murmuring a sound into the medium.

It is supposed to be easier in shallow water for those that are learning, but it can't be in the body of water in an ordinary swimming pool due to the square borders/edges. Rounded edges and bottom would be really ideal. In deep water, you must already know how to do it so that "reflections" are not needed to "tune".

Starting with a sound like "aaaaaauuuuuuooooooooiii" came to mind, and the type of movement would be like slipping on a slippery surface moving feet first in a half seated position. Focus must be made on the body of water just in front of you about arms length, focus typically being a word related to thought and will, but the sense that I mean to convey would requires heart and be absent of thought.

That is a level of detail you just can't make up. I am very curious to try. Ok not try, to do it.

A part of me is suggesting that I level with the dream the way the meditation suggests leveling with a thought... And indeed sometimes I notice that is happening.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th January 2016)

Thanks
    Mmmmm wish more people would inspect that moment before sleep.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

lcam88 (21st January 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm generally unable to inspect the moment because I just slip into sleep without noticing. As my mind can wander from one subject to another, it wanders right into sleep.

I believe I must meditate in order to be able to examine that state. It's not yet a habit or practice of mine. It's on the list now that I've finished with the major work on the house I was having done. Quiet is more predictable and dependable now.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2016), lcam88 (21st January 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Dreamtimer:

I suggest not worrying about it or giving it any special attention or focus. I know I certainly am not worried about falling asleep or not. Maybe Aianawa would agree that you just need to let it happen and notice.

Sleeping light is nice because you can sort of cross that boundary while awaking too. Keen and sharp awareness of what is happening in the mind... at every moment.

Sometimes I notice the moment and at other times I don't. I will say that I seem to have more vivid dreams when I do notice.

Aianawa, I've also noticed patterns... For example, perhaps 2 days ago, after the static experience and perhaps just before waking up, a pattern of points appeared, perhaps similar to that of a pine cone while it is still closed as viewed from the top, filled the scope of what I could "see" (eyes where closed). I then thought of whether it should form a spiral or not (clumsy me, thinking again ... ) And then the spiral became apparent and in clockwise movement. I wondered if it should be anti-clockwise and then I lost it.

So I'm still working on letting things simply reveal themselves without interruptions...

Regarding the dream above, I forgot to mention that in the dream sequence just prior I was seeking instructions... I can't remember whether it was about flying or what exactly.

My daughter (3 years old) happened to be in the dream and demonstrated the swim by accident or instinct on site and just before I even found the man who was said to have such instruction. I happened to be bitten by his dog as I approached him; one of those ankle biting small white fluffy dogs. The method of persuasion to get to dog to keep its distance was to apply pressure with my finger into a pressure point in its mouth, perhaps hurting it, even as it was still biting. I then released the dog and turned my attention to the man who didn't seem to mind the dog at all and looked into his left eye, and then the dream ended.

Needless to say I could just know he was just as unreceptive to answering anything I might ask as his dog was in a proper welcome. But the chance swim done by my daughter just priorly probably made the meeting with the man something of a stubborn act my mind was still insisted on. That inconsequential and irrelevant formality that is probably absent in any real revelation. Real answers to true mysteries will not come with a handshake or a tap on the back.

That would metaphorically be equivalent to saying: revelations will happen but you still need to notice them and there is no reason to insist in a direct answer when you are witness to the answer in a way more perfect then you can otherwise expect. That, Dreamtimer, is where my reply above is coming from.

Aianawa, I chose the child method because of its simplicity. No need to think about meditating or to train in any way, merely to experience.

Comments or suggestions?

Are you up to sharing some aspect of your experience?
    Last edited by lcam88, 21st January 2016 at 20:20.