View Poll Results: Do you trust Obama on Iran?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I trust him

5 35.71%
  • No I dont trust him

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you trust Obama on Iran?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,007 Times in 1,526 Posts

Do you trust Obama on Iran?

We still dont know what has been decided yet, but we do know that the sanctions brought Iran to the bargaining table. Even though some members may not be from the US the decisions we make might still affect them as well, so I hope they vote in the poll created here. I never made a poll before so hope it works. So in that regard I wish to see what is being discussed in an open way for all citizens. Im fearful because of the way Obamacare went down and dont hold much confidence/faith in the politicians. So do you trust Obama and Kerry in their backroom debate for such in important decision?

1. Yes you trust him

2. No you don't

If you want please share what you think should be done in terms of Iran and their nuke development program.
    Last edited by mojo, 7th April 2015 at 03:25.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

Flyover (9th April 2015), Hermit (7th April 2015), jimmer (7th April 2015), Spiral of Light (8th April 2015), Tonz (7th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 1,410 Posts
    First of all, I will preface with the fact that all of that whole entire global government game is not trustworthy, and it needs to be revamped.

But that being said, in terms of the game itself, I think Obama must be doing something right if practically the entire remainder of that machine hates him. The simple fact that just about every single other lying deceptionbot in the government seems to be programmed to hate him makes me kind of like him. So yes, since everything is being deconstructed right now, I trust him to be a cog in that specific wheel of change. But only in that context. He's still a politician in western civilization.

What do I think should be done? Frankly, they should let Iran build nukes, since they know from experience that no one's allowed to fire them off anymore. Those pesky orbs show up and deactivate them, every time!

Last edited by Church, 7th April 2015 at 03:53.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Church For This Useful Post:

Flyover (9th April 2015), Gelfling (7th April 2015), mojo (7th April 2015), Spiral of Light (8th April 2015), Tonz (7th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Iran is a signatory of the NPT and has every right to a nuclear program. Our own intelligence agencies have declared that Iran has no weapons program. It is all made up bunk and lies. I do not see this concern about Iran in any of the publications I find worthy. Iran has been getting screwed for years over this phony trumped up charge of nuclear weapons making. It was a hoax perpetrated to punish a country that would not take orders from DC. Like Iraq and Libya.

Iran is not a nuclear threat and has not invaded anybody in over 200 years. The USA has a long list and is involved providing logistics against the people of Yemen right now.

My answer is, I trust Iran and not Obama. I think he got it right though. I trust him to be what he is.

Politics is a joke, run by evil clowns.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

bacchus (7th April 2015), Calz (7th April 2015), Flyover (9th April 2015), Gelfling (7th April 2015), Jano (8th April 2015), JRS (7th April 2015), mojo (7th April 2015), Spiral of Light (8th April 2015), Tonz (7th April 2015), Wind (7th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,007 Times in 1,526 Posts
    Thanks I think the dialogue is good and to hear others perspectives.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

Flyover (9th April 2015), modwiz (7th April 2015), Ria (8th April 2015), Spiral of Light (8th April 2015), Tonz (7th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Please.

The question should be whether or not any trust regarding *any* issue should be offered to Obummer who clearly has no control whatsoever.

It continues to bring me sorrow that people continue to offer hope for any political issues.

Why is it so hard to understand these people are puppets forever dangling from their strings.?

Stop ... take a deep breath ... and consider ... just who is calling the shots for this world???

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

Flyover (9th April 2015), GCS1103 (7th April 2015), jimmer (7th April 2015), JRS (7th April 2015), modwiz (7th April 2015), mojo (7th April 2015), Ria (8th April 2015), Sooz (7th April 2015), Spiral of Light (8th April 2015), Tonz (7th April 2015), Wind (7th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    if anyone is scratching their heads whether to trust
    the current president of the united states to succeed with an
    iranian 'understanding,' watch this.

this is only one example of getting it completely wrong.

whether intentional or just wrong headed, the president and crew
    refuses to act like rational human beings:

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

GCS1103 (7th April 2015), mojo (7th April 2015), Ria (8th April 2015), Spiral of Light (8th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 282 Posts
    I don't trust the atom in the hands of any human being, be it to harness power of one sort or another.

I don't trust crude oil for the same reasons.

Why do the words "And did those feet in ancient times...." keep coming to my mind?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Flyover (9th April 2015), GCS1103 (8th April 2015), mojo (7th April 2015), Ria (8th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    I don't understand the question mojo.

I can't get my head around what "it" means and I can't get my head around what "right", in this context, means.

The question seems to imply that Iran is/has been a threat but I'm not sure.

When having a short wave radio was fun enough to bother with, I used to listen regularly to the VOIRI European service. While the, then, US shortwave stations were spouting mostly racist vitriol cloaked in a fake christianity, Iran was sharing a pretty good vibe with the world, despite being cast as the evil nation with sanctions against it etc.

I've no idea what really was agreed upon in those negotiations. I'm sure the most interesting stuff would have been kept out of the reports i.e. banking plans. One thing Iran has that not many countries do have is ready cash. Usually, a country comes to the 'negotiating' table to be told they can borrow vast amounts of cash to spend on hiring western companies to "fix" their problems. Iran doesn't need western money, so I wonder how the bankers are viewing this.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Church (7th April 2015), modwiz (7th April 2015), mojo (7th April 2015), Ria (8th April 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 282 Posts
    Norman,

My aunt worked at a television station in Tehran a few years before the "revolution". She also did a lot of work with children who had severe mental and physical disabilities. She is six foot tall with long blonde hair, and a Bahai.

When the revolution happened, if she went out in public she had to cover herself from head to toe or risk being shot on the street. The only reason she was able to leave the country was because her fiancé, a Pakistani economist, smuggled her out. She lost many friends and colleagues who were killed for simply being Bahai's in a Muslim republic.

A few years ago, a local LGBT Services office in a city near where I lived helped to smuggle a gay man out of Iran...he literally had to be carried/walk over mountains to get to safety and had toes amputated because of frost bite. Even loosing the limbs, he was happy to get out.

So from that perspective, there is a definite threat in any regime who persecutes a minority based upon their religious, sexual, or political views.

Last edited by Hermit, 7th April 2015 at 22:31.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Flyover (9th April 2015), GCS1103 (8th April 2015), mojo (7th April 2015), Ria (8th April 2015), Spiral of Light (8th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Milneman View Post
    Norman,

My aunt worked at a television station in Tehran a few years before the "revolution". She also did a lot of work with children who had severe mental and physical disabilities. She is six foot tall with long blonde hair, and a Bahai.

When the revolution happened, if she went out in public she had to cover herself from head to toe or risk being shot on the street. The only reason she was able to leave the country was because her fiancé, a Pakistani economist, smuggled her out. She lost many friends and colleagues who were killed for simply being Bahai's in a Muslim republic.

A few years ago, a local LGBT Services office in a city near where I lived helped to smuggle a gay man out of Iran...he literally had to be carried/walk over mountains to get to safety and had toes amputated because of frost bite. Even loosing the limbs, he was happy to get out.

So from that perspective, there is a definite threat in any regime who persecutes a minority based upon their religious, sexual, or political views.
    What happens in that country isn't really our business and I'll suggest your Aunt was in some way westernising Iran during the time of the western installed Shar. It was bad luck that she was caught out by the revolution, but, really, she shouldn't have been there.

Religious, sexual and political views.......hmmm..... aren't those things a "western" imposition upon a state that is almost completely Shea Muslim.

I personally think we bolshy semi smart semi educated westerners should learn to keep our noses out of other people's business. I'm deeply depressed by the way US lead military missions have been barging into countries and setting about imposing "freedom" at the point of a million guns. It isn't even about bringing Christian values to those people, the movers and shakers behind it are all either atheists or satanic.

We badly need to turn off the propaganda in our own homes and remember who we are, and who we are not.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Church (7th April 2015), Flyover (9th April 2015), modwiz (7th April 2015), mojo (7th April 2015), Ria (8th April 2015), Spiral of Light (8th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    I feel that mojos question really is if Iran a threat to The u.s. .The answer is no . Never has .They have different issues socially politically, economically .Different yes .A threat no.They do not bow to the Arabs nor to anyone else , imho .

But behind closed doors i also have the feeling that they are not enemies. We shall see '.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Church (8th April 2015), modwiz (8th April 2015), mojo (8th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Tonz, you really summed up the way I feel about it in as concise of a manner as I wish I could have. Excellent post. I can't speak for mojo in terms of what he's asking, but those are pretty much my thoughts on the scenario.

Iran is a threat to no one. The U.S. on the other hand seems to be fairly threatening to many nations and individuals across the globe. This is all a stupid game that I've never played and barely paid attention to, anyway. It's all like that Dustin Hoffman movie, Wag the Dog.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Church For This Useful Post:

modwiz (8th April 2015), mojo (8th April 2015), Tonz (8th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hi, I think that the question might have been, Do you trust the Military Complex, the Banking System on Iran? The Military Complex and the Banking System control most Presidents in the World. Military Complex in the USA sure want an involvement in Iran.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jano For This Useful Post:

mojo (8th April 2015), Tonz (9th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Milneman View Post

........So from that perspective, there is a definite threat in any regime who persecutes a minority.......

This is not a personal dig at you milneman, at all.............

but, it's not much fun being a "black" in America, either:

I suppose, for the sake of dimensionality ( if that's even a word ) I should add this to the mix. It illustrates the complex Hegelian Dialectic within the US structure but I guess there's an equivalent in Iran too:
    Last edited by norman, 9th April 2015 at 00:18.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Flyover (9th April 2015), modwiz (9th April 2015), mojo (9th April 2015), Tonz (9th April 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Politics is confusing to me because even though I've tried to understand the issues, here in the USA and the world, there is never any solution to the problem, only more laws and rumors of wars.

Obama may be able to accomplish something that contributes to the betterment of all in foreign policy.

But I've read so many times that he is merely a puppet in the hands of a shadow government.

And Jano is right: can you trust the military industrial complex and the banksters.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flyover For This Useful Post:

Church (9th April 2015), mojo (9th April 2015), Tonz (9th April 2015)