Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50 Shades Of Greys.....A tribute to Seikhu Kishi

Eelco
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    Hypothetical Bridging of the Fact-Value Gap:
    The fact is in red (whether or not it's a true fact is irrelevant for the examples), the hypothesis is in green and the value is in blue. The hypothesis and value together form the hypothetical imperative (in cyan) only where the hypothesis is true:

There are hungry people in the world, if I am the sort of person who feeds the hungry, then I should feed them
    There are hungry people in the world, and I should feed them

The greys are ontologically inferior beings, if I am the sort of person who enslaves or abuses the ontologically inferior, then I should enslave or abuse them
    The greys are ontologically inferior beings, and I should enslave or abuse them

As you can see, the imperative only follows if the hypothesis is true: we should only feed the hungry, clothe the naked or house the homeless if we have decided that we are the sort of person who does that. At the same time, we have to have agreed that we are an enslaver or abuser of our inferiors before we can attack the greys.
    This is the part to which I Bow.
    A very wise and profoundly insightful look at how we humans reach our not so logical conclusions at times and an incentive to keep investigating ones own intentions and believe systems...

With Love
    Eelco

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eelco For This Useful Post:

Breeze (16th September 2013), Highland1 (16th September 2013), Seikou-Kishi (29th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Thankyou Seikou-Kishi, first of all,as i had missed this some how and am going through it now.
    Wow, your maturity and power within is massive,and is complimented with your literature skills , that is ,for me , a reflection of your absolute oneness.
    Your work at times is just so very rewarding for many of us and this one is one of many.

Thankyou Highland1,as I in absolute agreement ,conserving this work is a must.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Breeze (16th September 2013), Highland1 (16th September 2013), Seikou-Kishi (29th December 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,470 Times in 981 Posts
    With all the recent threads on ET lately,
    I thought it a good idea to bump this thread for all the newbies.

Russ

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (16th January 2015), Breeze (16th January 2015), Catsquotl (16th January 2015), Elbie (16th January 2015), modwiz (16th January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (17th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,320 Times in 464 Posts
    Wow Russ, thank you so much for saving this gem from Seikou, I don't know how but I seem to have missed this the first time round! Grateful thanks also to Seikou for his profound insight and taking the trouble to share it with us.

Love you guys. JP

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to john parslow For This Useful Post:

Calabash (17th January 2015), Highland1 (16th January 2015), modwiz (16th January 2015), ronin (17th January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (17th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 516 Posts
    Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Everyman has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who need help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.

The race of mankind would perish did they cease to aid each other. We cannot exist without mutual help. All, therefore, that need aid have a right to ask it from their fellow men; and no one who has the power of granting can refuse it without guilt.

A benefit consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer.

To laugh often and to love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of oneself; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded.

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings. Help yourself by helping others. You have the most powerful weapons on earth - love and prayer.

I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

(PS - I left the Aristotelian logic diatribe a long long time ago in light of Humanity, which is more important to me than A:A:A ,, add the right brain plus the left brain plus the heart and git down to living imho)

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Calabash (17th January 2015), Highland1 (16th January 2015), lookbeyond (17th January 2015), modwiz (16th January 2015), ronin (17th January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (17th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    I agree with russ, SK should consider publishing, Fifty Shades of Grey.

have you heard of the e-author, andy weir, who's Amazon self published book, the martian,
    is now in production as a movie, directed by ridley scott?

one never knows...

what a fascinating read.
    kudos, SK.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Calabash (17th January 2015), Highland1 (17th January 2015), ronin (17th January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (17th January 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,600 Times in 1,366 Posts
    i am taking another re-read of this thread.
    Thank you Russ and Samos for a memory refresh.
    i have saved it for my future reading, and another look at the words of Seikou-Kishi.
    Frances.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frances For This Useful Post:

Calabash (15th February 2015), Highland1 (16th February 2015), jimmer (16th February 2015), Seikou-Kishi (16th February 2015)