- Command Module lift-off;
    - Images of the moon from the Command Module;
    - Images on the mother ship;
    - Images of the moon from 400 miles away;
    - Images of the Soviet Command Module on the moon;
    - Spacewalk outside the Command Module;
    - Splashdown in the Great Ocean;

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG2PY72-8iY

NB: It struck me as highly peculiar that there is hardly a pause when the astronauts and Houston's talk to each other...
    Last edited by Outlander, 25th June 2017 at 20:28.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2017), Dreamtimer (27th June 2017), Elen (26th June 2017), TargeT (25th June 2017)

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,496 Times in 1,190 Posts
    "11 Foot what?!?"

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USu8vT_tfdw

"Eight!"

And his evil little brother 10 Foot 6
    Last edited by Outlander, 30th June 2017 at 19:05.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2017), Elen (1st July 2017)

Thanks
    Secret City - A film about the City of London, the Corporation that runs it. (2014)
    A film about the City of London, the Corporation that runs it, and its role in the economic crisis. By Michael Chanan and Lee Salter. See www.secretcity-thefilm.com

IT'S ALMOST A YEAR since anti-capitalist protesters, intending to set up camp in front of the London Stock Exchange in Paternoster Square under the banner of Occupy LSX, were ejected from the square and parked themselves instead in front of St Paul's Cathedral. The result was one of the starting points for this film: a highly public debate about capitalism and the Church.

But there was also another power acting in the shadows to eventually eject the Occupiers - the City of London Corporation. An ancient body which dates back before William the Conqueror, before there was a parliament in Westminster, which zealously guards its autonomy and privileges to this day.

This is our subject: a secret state within a state, with deleterious effects on democracy, politics and economics in London, the country, and the world, for the City is joint headquarters with Wall Street of global finance capital. In short, 'Secret City' isn't just a film for Londoners - especially in these times of crisis, the role of the City concerns everyone everywhere.

'Secret City' is a minimal budget film by Michael Chanan and Lee Salter which investigates the history and contemporary role of the City of London Corporation. We tell the story though interviews with politicians, academics, writers, activists and campaigners, counterpointed with unfamiliar archive footage and a musical score by Simon Zagorski-Thomas taken from the nursery rhyme 'Oranges and Lemons'.

Excellent!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th July 2017), Aragorn (1st July 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2017), Elen (1st July 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The firetruck in the 10'8" video, really guys? And the cars that hit the curb and then took a little side trip across the lanes, Yikes. It's amazing to see the trailer tops accordion.

Fire! That's the saddest lobster bake I've seen.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th July 2017), Aragorn (1st July 2017), Elen (1st July 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    Love Magpies...they are like crows in being very smart.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th July 2017), Aragorn (2nd July 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2017), Elen (3rd July 2017)

Thanks
    The New UFO Documentary the Elite Hoped Would Never Be Aired in Public
    Jul 2, 2017

The content of this documentary has massive implications for our entire planet. Deemed too controversial for TV, it is unlike many of the UFO “documentaries” found on network television nowadays, which contain far more speculation than fact, this film rigorously examines the officially-still-hidden history of UFO activity at nuclear weapons laboratories, test areas, storage depots and missile sites—using authenticated files and the testimony of vetted military eyewitnesses.

Aliens possessing tremendously advanced technology have monitored and even tampered with American and Russian nuclear weapons for decades. These stunning, nearly unbelievable developments must not be kept secret by a handful of government and military officials. We all have a right to know the facts. Hundreds of U.S. military veterans now openly discuss these ominous incidents and thousands of declassified government documents affirm their assertions.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th July 2017), Aragorn (3rd July 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd July 2017), Elen (8th July 2017), Paloma (19th July 2017), sandy (9th July 2017)

Thanks
    G20 Hamburg, Germany
    July 7, 2017

Last edited by Outlander, 7th July 2017 at 22:19.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th July 2017), Aragorn (8th July 2017), Dreamtimer (8th July 2017), Elen (8th July 2017), Onthebit (19th July 2017), sandy (9th July 2017)

Thanks
    NASA's Newly Released Amazing Pictures Of Mars
    At least, that's what they say...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th July 2017), Aragorn (8th July 2017), Dreamtimer (8th July 2017), Elen (8th July 2017), Onthebit (19th July 2017), sandy (9th July 2017)

Thanks
    This is SOOO Cool.....

Forget about the rest of the video, but go directly to 07:11 and watch in amazement what happens - you won't be disappointed 100% guaranteed!!!

youtube censorship stroke again
    Last edited by Outlander, 16th August 2017 at 11:57.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th July 2017), Aragorn (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017)

Thanks
    Great movie
    In the far future, a duke and his family are sent by the Emperor to a sand world from which comes a spice that is essential for interstellar travel. The move is designed to destroy the duke and his family, but his son escapes and seeks revenge as he uses the world's ecology as one of his weapons

youtube censorship stroke again
    Last edited by Outlander, 16th August 2017 at 11:57.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th July 2017), Aragorn (14th July 2017), Dreamtimer (14th July 2017), Elen (14th July 2017), lake (14th July 2017), sandy (19th July 2017)

Thanks
    Morbid 'Reality-tv': Serial Killer Rodney Alcala's Appearance in 'The Dating Game' (5:00)
    Rodney Alcala is a convicted rapist and serial killer. He was sentenced to death in California in 2010 for five murders committed in that state between 1977 and 1979. In 2013 he received an additional sentence of 25 years to life after pleading guilty to two homicides in New York in 1971 and 1977. His true victim total remains unknown, and could be much higher. Prosecutors say that Alcala "toyed" with his victims, strangling them until they lost consciousness, then waiting until they revived, sometimes repeating this process several times before finally killing them.
    He is sometimes labeled the "Dating Game Killer" because of his 1978 appearance on the television show The Dating Game in the midst of his murder spree. Police discovered a collection of more than 1,000 photographs taken by Alcala, mostly of women and teenaged boys, most of them in sexually explicit poses. They speculate that some of his photographic subjects could be additional victims.
    One police detective called Alcala "a killing machine" and others have compared him to Ted Bundy. A homicide investigator familiar with the evidence speculates that he could have murdered as many as 50 women, while other estimates have run as high as 130.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2017), Dreamtimer (19th July 2017), Elen (19th July 2017), sandy (19th July 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    This is my favorite video on the internet, I've watched it dozens and dozens of times.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbh5l0b2-0o

Athene's Theory of Everything' documents the research that has been the reason why Chiren Boumaaza, aka 'Athene', disappeared from his usual viral YouTube series.

Chiren's went into researching quantum mechanics, relativity and neuroscience with the same dedication and out-of-the-box thinking that we've seen in his record-setting stunts in online gaming. With astounding accuracy and knowledge of the subject matter, he has made an incredible amount of new correlations that solve a huge list of current problems in physics, which, if proven correct, would not only have practical but also deeply philosophical repercussions.

'Athene's Theory of Everything' doesn't only refer to the scientific concept of a unified field theory, but also to the scope of his research, which encompasses everything that has deep significance to how science can affect our view on life, death and reality, ranging from neuroscience to particle physics. But at the same time, Chiren's research at no point wanders off into making any of the esoteric correlations that modern quantum 'theorists' often resort to.

Athene's Theory of Everything' will undoubtedly quickly become one popular film that not only deals with the subject of reality, quantum mechanics, neuroscience and human psychology at the same time, but may even win the hearts of the scientific community as it steers clear of pseudo-scientific thinking. Without resorting to sensationalized or metaphysical claims, Chiren's writing, which the documentary is based on, looks to science with respect for its roots in openess and skepticism, while bringing back the sense of wonder that popular scientists such as Carl Sagan used to instill in us.

A theory of everything (ToE) or final theory, ultimate theory, or master theory refers to the hypothetical presence of a single, all-encompassing, coherent theoretical framework of physics that fully explains and links together all physical aspects of the universe.[1] ToE is one of the major unsolved problems in physics. Over the past few centuries, two theoretical frameworks have been developed that, as a whole, most closely resemble a ToE. The two theories upon which all modern physics rests are General Relativity (GR) and Quantum Field Theory (QFT). GR is a theoretical framework that only focuses on the force of gravity for understanding the universe in regions of both large-scale and high-mass: stars, galaxies, clusters of galaxies, etc. On the other hand, QFT is a theoretical framework that only focuses on three non-gravitational forces for understanding the universe in regions of both small scale and low mass: sub-atomic particles, atoms, molecules, etc. QFT successfully implemented the Standard Model and unified the interactions (so-called Grand Unified Theory) between the three non-gravitational forces: weak, strong, and electromagnetic force.

Through years of research, physicists have experimentally confirmed with tremendous accuracy virtually every prediction made by these two theories when in their appropriate domains of applicability. In accordance with their findings, scientists also learned that GR and QFT, as they are currently formulated, are mutually incompatible - they cannot both be right. Since the usual domains of applicability of GR and QFT are so different, most situations require that only one of the two theories be used. As it turns out, this incompatibility between GR and QFT is only an apparent issue in regions of extremely small-scale and high-mass, such as those that exist within a black hole or during the beginning stages of the universe (i.e., the moment immediately following the Big Bang). To resolve this conflict, a theoretical framework revealing a deeper underlying reality, unifying gravity with the other three interactions, must be discovered to harmoniously integrate the realms of GR and QFT into a seamless whole: a single theory that, in principle, is capable of describing all phenomena. In pursuit of this goal, quantum gravity has recently become an area of active research.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2017), Dreamtimer (19th July 2017), Elen (19th July 2017), heyokah (19th July 2017), Onthebit (19th July 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally posted by TargeT View Post
    This is my favorite video on the internet, I've watched it dozens and dozens of times.

Thank you for this video, TargeT.
    This was my first watch and I will need many more before starting to comprehend all that is presented here.
    However, it's triggering my mind, so it's a great challenge for a 70-year-old lady like me. LOL

Quoting the last wise words of this presentation:

"The question is not whether our beliefs are right or wrong, but whether or not being emotionally attached to them, is more or less likely going to benefit us.
    There is no such thing as a free choice, while being emotionally attached to a belief system.
    The moment we are self aware enough to realize this, we can truly work together to figure out the real odds of what will benefit us the most."

Last edited by heyokah, 19th July 2017 at 16:21. Reason: spelling

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heyokah For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2017), Dreamtimer (19th July 2017), Elen (19th July 2017), TargeT (19th July 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by heyokah View Post

"The question is not whether our beliefs are right or wrong, but whether or not being emotionally attached to them, is more or less likely going to benefit us.
    There is no such thing as a free choice, while being emotionally attached to a belief system.
    The moment we are self aware enough to realize this, we can truly work together to figure out the real odds of what will benefit us the most."
    I've probably watched the first 10 min on strongly held belief and our physiological reaction to them being challenged the most; it's made a LOT of strange interactions with people make SO MUCH more sense. It's also helped me to "pick my battles" once I've seen that a strongly held belief has triggered certain types of responses (they are obvious, in real life or on forums).

This video has greatly benefited me and I still feel like I gain more from watching it again... I don't think anyone (or at least anyone I know) could watch this just once and fully comprehend all that is there.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2017), Dreamtimer (19th July 2017), Elen (20th July 2017), heyokah (19th July 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally posted by TargeT View Post
    I've probably watched the first 10 min on strongly held belief and our physiological reaction to them being challenged the most; it's made a LOT of strange interactions with people make SO MUCH more sense. It's also helped me to "pick my battles" once I've seen that a strongly held belief has triggered certain types of responses (they are obvious, in real life or on forums).

This video has greatly benefited me and I still feel like I gain more from watching it again... I don't think anyone (or at least anyone I know) could watch this just once and fully comprehend all that is there.
    I have to admit that the first 20 minutes were the most interesting.

When I was in my twenties, I suffered from a severe inflammation of the left side of my brain (encephalitis). My prognosis was death or at best a life as an invalid with heavy brain damage. It turned out to be a miracle to the medical science when, after 8 years I was fully recovered.
    During those 8 years I took dancing lessons, I played music and sang a lot, I took art lessons, learning all types of new skills while playing with and taking care of my two small children.
    I'm sure that all this helped my brain to heal and make new 'connections' where old ones were destroyed.

Since that time I became fascinated by the brain and it's working, which is a never ending journey.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to heyokah For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2017), Dreamtimer (19th July 2017), Elen (20th July 2017), Paloma (19th July 2017), TargeT (19th July 2017)