Thread: Live the world you wish to see

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Swami View Post
    My project....

Building aquaphonics.
    Wow!

Would you care to tell us something about it?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

777 (9th April 2015), Altaira (9th April 2015), Spiritwind (10th April 2015), Wind (7th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hey thanks Pris, Venus Project is one successful Sustainable Development Project for the Future, like it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jano For This Useful Post:

Altaira (9th April 2015), Pris (9th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    All I know about the Venus Project ( I think ) is that it was mentioned ( promoted ? ) in one of the versions of the movie Zeitgeist.

What it looked like to my fairly unimpressed eyes was some kind of communist utopian nightmare.

From there, I'm open to being educated otherwise, Jano.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Altaira (9th April 2015), Jano (9th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by norman View Post
    All I know about the Venus Project ( I think ) is that it was mentioned ( promoted ? ) in one of the versions of the movie Zeitgeist.

What it looked like to my fairly unimpressed eyes was some kind of communist utopian nightmare.

From there, I'm open to being educated otherwise, Jano.
    Yes!, here is a short description of the Venus Project, "The idea is to get people living in an economy that is resource based. Such an economy would focus on being efficient with energy, managing natural resources effectively and sustainable development and would be based on social cooperation".

It is utopian for our time, but tomorrow will see such thing spring up IMHO!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jano For This Useful Post:

Altaira (9th April 2015), Pris (9th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Jano View Post

.....but tomorrow will see such thing spring up IMHO!......
    hehe..... yea if those bankers get their way, it will.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping the circumstances that would make that happen in that way will be changed by a more sovereign minded human occupying each meat suit this spiritual adventure has become, so far.

I know I don't want to be around in a future that's based on a negotiated imperfection disguised as ideal. I've lived my life in a world that was almost like that, except it had a good measure of dirty rough accidental adventure about it to make it interesting and inspiring.
    Last edited by norman, 8th April 2015 at 23:37.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Altaira (9th April 2015), Jano (9th April 2015)

Thanks
    hehe..... yea if those bankers get their way, it will.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping the circumstances that would make that happen in that way will be changed by a more sovereign minded human occupying each meat suit this spiritual adventure has become, so far.

I know I don't want to be around in a future that's based on a negotiated imperfection disguised as ideal. I've lived my life in a world that was almost like that, except it had a good measure of dirty rough accidental adventure about it to make it interesting and inspiring.
    Do you know anything about 'The Venus Project', norman? It is a resourced-based system. From what I recall, there is no money/trade/barter involved. That's the whole point. Without money, 'The Venus Project' stands a good chance of succeeding.

Certainly, no system is perfect, but 'The Venus Project' is a great start IMHO. Compared to what we have now? Sign me on yesterday.

Btw, thank you for quoting me. However, I can't take credit for that one. It belongs to JoeEcho.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Altaira (9th April 2015), norman (9th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post

............From what I recall, there is no money/trade/barter involved. That's the whole point. Without money...........
    If that's the case, it's got one bit right.

My problem is that there are "ways" of getting there and some of them scare the crap out of me.

It won't happen without a "movement" of some kind. The Venus Project, as I saw it presented, looked like clone city nirvana.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

777 (9th April 2015), Altaira (9th April 2015), Pris (9th April 2015)

Thanks
    If that's the case, it's got one bit right.

My problem is that there are "ways" of getting there and some of them scare the crap out of me.

It won't happen without a "movement" of some kind. The Venus Project, as I saw it presented, looked like clone city nirvana.
    That's just it. There can be no money. If there's still money, you can't have 'The Venus Project'.

That's the trick: how to get rid of money while making as smooth a transition as possible into a resource-based society...

UBUNTU contribution'ism' kind of addresses that by starting up 'pockets' of people/communities that are self-sufficient -- requiring no money at all.

Lol 'clone city nirvana'? That's Jacque Fresco envisioning something that might work. Think of it as a starting point. By no means is that the only design.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

777 (9th April 2015), Altaira (9th April 2015), Bob (9th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 2,477 Posts
    I think the OP here is beyond fantastic frankly, thank you Pris.

Also, I'd like to wheel it back to that OP in response to their needing to be a movement to facilitate such a project. The precursor to this thread was a need for a motivation to cleanse ones' self and loved ones of attachments to anything potentially damaging. Much as this is presumed folly by most of us or at the very most paid lip service by most of us (and never acted upon), it certainly doesn't require the sustenance derived from others' ideas, ideologies or accrued complexities of political systems to succeed. In my view, quite the opposite.

There is such an immensity of emancipation involved in self sufficiency that it propagates continuity selflessly and wholly by the control that is reassigned back to self upon the practice, not even completion.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 777 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (9th April 2015), Bob (9th April 2015), norman (9th April 2015), Pris (10th April 2015)