Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homeschooling

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 346 Posts
    Hello Tribe its only me again I am so happy you have an allotment I have had an allotment for 15 years now and it is very rewarding, I have watched children grow excuse the pun, they are so wise as to how food grows and many of them can tell an adult about the soil and its ph balance I am always amazed at the children and the knowledge they acquire at the allotment, just wanted to say that I am truly impressed at what you are doing. I had a friend many years ago in fact must be over 25 years ago who like yourself educated her children at home and 25 years ago that was unheard of here, however one of them is a lawyer one is a scientist and the little one is an artist. I have to say at the time I told her are you sure you want to do this? what an amazing woman, I believe just like you.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardener For This Useful Post:

Cearna (22nd March 2015), Ria (22nd March 2015), sandy (21st March 2015), Sooz (22nd March 2015), Tribe (21st March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I have a friend that has home schooled all her kids. As just 1 example, one daughter taught herself Korean starting at age 13. She is now 19 and living in Korea working at an orphanage teaching English and music. The other 3 kids that are out of the house are doing well; one has a date farm, one is attending university and teaching music, the youngest is helping to care for her grandfather and getting ready to attend nursing school. All the kids play an instrument except for the 2 that are adopted from another country - theyʻre still catching up. The 15 yo is a gourmet cook!

The kids are a delight, very social, well read, including topics discussed here for the older ones and enjoy talking to adults. They also know how to occupy themselves and explore topics that interest them and donʻt need to be entertained - even tho they really enjoy it.

This is homeschooling done right.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mocha For This Useful Post:

Cearna (22nd March 2015), ERK (23rd March 2015), gardener (22nd March 2015), NANUXII (22nd March 2015), Ria (22nd March 2015), Sooz (22nd March 2015), Tribe (22nd March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Thank you all so much for your supportive posts and experiences of how you have seen Hs children do well in life , it really does help ! . I have been flirting with the idea of HS since my son was 3 yrs old ! .. we gave mainstream ed a go and well it really doesn't suit my son . i like to try things and give them a real go before i retire it and move on . I am very fortunate to have so much support and people that believe in me , that in itself is overwhelmingly wonderful ! I Lve you gorgeous people xxx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

gardener (22nd March 2015), jimmer (22nd March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    good luck with it tribe.

keep us up-to-date, por favor.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

gardener (22nd March 2015), Tribe (22nd March 2015)