Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If You Knew The Secret Of Immortality.....Would you tell anyone?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Since you mention driving the same car for 50 years... why is a hundred-year life not too much? I've heard of people committing suicide for many reasons but not "it's about time I tried another vehicle". The problem here is a prejudice in perspective: a "normal" human life is just long enough and anything more is too much. We could call it lifespan normativity lol.

Being able to keep your body functioning as long as you wish isn't a fetter or a sentence, it's an option. The thread is talking about the ability to live indefinitely, not the obligation. Imagine the advances you could make in your own spiritual discovery if your slate weren't wiped clean every time you died. Living indefinitely isn't about living until living becomes a chore, it's about removing the time limit that puts a ticking clock over one's head.
    I couldn't agree with you more , imagine the intentional spiritual journey in great depth , there a many story of rinpoche monks remembering there past life from when they were young and continuing there studies from where they left off, for the well being of his fellow man.For me the limitations life has in years will soon stop me from pursuing some things as i will clearly run out of time to experience many things.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Highland1 (17th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (19th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The hermit lifts his head and asks,

"Would this be what one would consider to be a first world problem?"

And then goes back to looking at the potatoes on his window sill.
    No.

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 282 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Tonz View Post
    No.
    Please elaborate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Tonz (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Milneman View Post
    Please elaborate.
    I can't reveal Tonz' thinking, but my own when I read your question was this: if those in the third-world might be too distracted by mundane matters to attend to the question, it doesn't stop it being equally their problem. Indeed, if their perspective considers the question low-priority (or it doesn't even occur), it says nothing about the question and everything about their perspective (and how the material poverty in their lives chains them).

There are, in any case, many in the first world who wouldn't consider it an issue either. Indeed, I imagine most people, globally, don't think about it much, if at all. It doesn't stop it being an issue the importance of which encompasses every single one of us.

So a first world problem? Probably not. A special or (human) racial problem? Probably. A planetary or even interplanetary problem? It seems likely.

A question that occurs to me (this thread seems very interlinked with Breeze's thread) is this: are humans the only Earthlings affected by the clean-slate phenomenon? What about dolphins and elephants? How would the answer to this question impact the answer to the overall question?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

DNA (18th March 2015), Hermit (18th March 2015), Highland1 (18th March 2015), Tonz (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Please elaborate.
    Thankyou Siikou, your answer was exactly what i was meaning as i have lived in third a world country and have visited a number of others , once the mundane of food and a roof over our heads has been put to one side , their dreams are the same as mine and of yours and of everyone's , they love the blue sky , the deep ocean and all the mysteries in life ,
    And there opinions are non the less important , if one chooses that there is no future for me , there isn't one , irrelevant of wealth or opportunity.
    The energies we hold ,create,project are of our own choosing,the energy itself just is.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Hermit (18th March 2015), Highland1 (18th March 2015), ronin (19th March 2015), sandy (19th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (19th March 2015), The One (18th March 2015), Tribe (18th March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 282 Posts
    What suddenly occurred to me last night was, given even the mundane, or the tragic, or the horrific...say you're in a certain eastern European country right now where guns are going off every few seconds, or if you're in a part of Africa where finding your next meal is not only priority, but distracting from anything else you might be focused on, or at Starbucks wondering why someone wrote race together on your cup (ha!) we do all have this seed inside about what next?

It further occurred to me that it's almost human nature to project into the what next, over and over, rather than focus on the what now, what is under my feet, what is in my belly, what am I thinking about.

So when I considered the idea of immortality, I had to ask myself: how does one define it, because there can be more than one way to approach this puppy. The first way would be to think of it in term of linear time, namely I am born or come into creation at time 'A' and do not cease to exist until something outside myself kills me. For sake of argument, say a train hits me. I can either choose to walk in front of the train, or I could be minding my own business and BLAMO the 553 from Dubuke to Albakoikey (in best Bugs Bunny voice) smacks me and I'm gone.

Or, immortality could be seen as an exiting of any spacio-temporal existence into one in which there is no time. Kind of like this gem.

Imagine the number one. What exactly is the number one? 1? I? i? One? Uno? It's a concept, an idea, along the same lines as circularity. Can y'all hear Plato back there? Just ignore the bald fat man behind the curtain.

The question becomes then, if every human mind ceased to exist, would the number 1 cease to exist, or would circularity cease to exist? There's two camps now. One says yes, it ceases, and the other says no, it wouldn't, and both find themselves in the peculiar situation of not being able to prove anything one way or the other. The same, unfortunately, can be said of any reincarnation theory. Folks? We are all in the same boat. We have theories, we have evidence that leads one direction or the other, but as for conclusive proof? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I find myself in the camp that I am conceived in an infinitely great Mind, and as such, already possess a kind of immortality...ok it's not a kind of immortality, it simply is immortality. If you can conceive of the number one, then you're already on your way to understanding your immortality. It's pretty simple really.

HA!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Highland1 (18th March 2015), ronin (19th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (21st March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Russ i think there would be a few factors To take into consideration.

The tibetans achieved a number of things but did not achieve life spans grater than over 140 years , i remember reading a number of books whilst there abouts and did not find references towards liveing further than that , In the villages of Lang tang i saw myself people in there 90's , strong, working hard in harsh conditions , 4500mtrs, horse back riding! , a person 120 years is nothing uncommon in those areas , they smoke and drink the home brew ofcourse ,''Roxie''. Their water is of the purest in the world and food all locally grown,generally vegetable, rice,yogurts and the occasional meat ,yack meat, and occasionally goat .

In India there were stories of some that do not eat, hardly sleep and are perfectly healthy and fit and live long lives due to a state of mind, there were vidios about them and even experiments testing them but i can not find them now, i dont remember the names of the vids anymore and lost the address's on and old hard drive.But even these guys were not talking about imortality.

Pharmaceutics well, there are heeps of promess's but the best can only strengthen your body to be strong till the end.

To Me the real sourse is in the coding the dna structure that has been configured this way . And apart from that,,,,all of the above
    But first the genetic coding must change . Who can do this?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

ronin (19th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (21st March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,470 Times in 981 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Tonz View Post
    To Me the real sourse is in the coding the dna structure that has been configured this way . And apart from that,,,,all of the above
    But first the genetic coding must change . Who can do this?

What if, when we were all one at source, when we were all supposedly immortal beings, that it was the "tinkering of our dna" that led to the life death cycles that we now call reincarnation Tonz?

Maybe the real "amnesia" is that we have all been conditioned not to live for ever or even thousands of years in the same host body?

It is surely not unrealistic to imagine that one day, scientists will learn to control the aging and degeneration of our dna.

My theory is that when they are able to do so, one could possibly live as long as one chooses to?

Not only that, but if that type of technology ever develops, then one could choose to grow younger, or older too just for the experience?

On a personal note, if it ever became a reality in my life time, I think I would want to hover in my early twenties for 50 years or so! lol

The reality is in our 3d lifetime, is that all things live and eventually die and survive by seeding future generations.

However, maybe our true ancient beginnings, where ever that may be from,

was so fantastically different from how we live now, that all life then, existed in a constant "now" rather than the linear re-cycling of life?

I suppose it would be like a type of infinite time travelling with just the one host body.

Just throwing it our there for debate.....

Russ

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Highland1 For This Useful Post:

ronin (19th March 2015), sandy (21st March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (21st March 2015), Tonz (21st March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    What if, when we were all one at source, when we were all supposedly immortal beings, that it was the "tinkering of our dna" that led to the life death cycles that we now call reincarnation Tonz?

Maybe the real "amnesia" is that we have all been conditioned not to live for ever or even thousands of years in the same host body?

It is surely not unrealistic to imagine that one day, scientists will learn to control the aging and degeneration of our dna.

My theory is that when they are able to do so, one could possibly live as long as one chooses to?

Not only that, but if that type of technology ever develops, then one could choose to grow younger, or older too just for the experience?

On a personal note, if it ever became a reality in my life time, I think I would want to hover in my early twenties for 50 years or so! lol

The reality is in our 3d lifetime, is that all things live and eventually die and survive by seeding future generations.

However, maybe our true ancient beginnings, where ever that may be from,

was so fantastically different from how we live now, that all life then, existed in a constant "now" rather than the linear re-cycling of life?

I suppose it would be like a type of infinite time travelling with just the one host body.

Just throwing it our there for debate.....
    Well I do agree totally that if the life death structure we have in this plain Earth was to change our thought process would naturally change , we wouldn't make the same decisions as we do today , we would consider things in a more mature and longer lasting manner imho, and as for the one day that scientists crack the dna code to manipulate it well ,maybe there could be a shorter road .

As we almost all agree our dna structure has been changed many times , some have even said up 68 times in the last 6000 years .
    This leads me to wonder who,. In the book of man the Dal were the ones in charge to genetically structure us to the Goldilocks humans . I used Goldilocks because we are intelligent enough to continue to grow with in , but not so much as to work it all out within our life span . Strong enough to be laborious but not enough to truly threaten others races .Evolving enough to notice continual growth and perception but not to much as to evolve easily into gods.The ones who manipulated us are the ones with the key and if the book of man is right it is the Dal.

This leaves a few issues , there are always technicalities in any good theory,(bugger)

Where do we find them?
    Can we ever trust one?
    Why would they want to help us change this?
    What do you think we have that Maybe they would help us with this issue perhaps in exchange,

A good case of ale? There are some beauties in Scotland I believe .hmmm

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Highland1 (20th March 2015), sandy (21st March 2015)