Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: L. RON HUBBARD -- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ajnavajra View Post
    You know what the best thanks is? Being duplicated! Sharing with those who have traveled a similar path and can get what you say.

That concept of ourselves being a collective of identities composed of opposing identities is expressed so elegantly in the carving which is on a Bridge (!) at Ankhor Wat, the Churning of the Milky Sea as it is sometimes called. It illustrates the "two terminal universe" as Hubbard expressed it. There's no perception in consciousness without Self and Other. Here is illustrated the central Beingness of our consciousness as the "god" who presides over a tug of war between the Asuras, forces of "darkness" and the Devas beings of "light."

It's all a Big Game. There's nothing to be perceived in the "Light" without Shadow to expose dimension and form. Unless you think that living in a bland porridge bowl of "Oneness" is an exciting life!

I believe there is one more : without self and without other = infinity

N

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Bob (18th March 2015), Shezbeth (22nd March 2015), Tonz (21st March 2015), TrumanLCash (19th March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I know that Hubbard is big on everything being a "game" and given his sociopathic behavior to literally beat down anyone who got in his way in order to "win", I can see where that comes from.

However, I do not believe this "game" viewpoint is inherent in this universe. It's just a belief system that Hubbard got a lot of people to buy into (along with his so-called "ethics conditions", etc.) And I never bought into it even when on staff. I've always been a free thinker and question authority.

For me, life is not a game. I guess that's why I've never been interested in sports. Don't play 'em, don't watch 'em. Can't even figure out what the attraction is. (Although I do have to admit that in my youth I did like to watch the cheerleaders jump up and down.) Never could figure out why the other guys in the stands were busy watching other guys on the field. I just thought they were missing the real action. I'm in my late sixties and I'm happy to say that I still do not know what the rules to football and other sports are. I'm no longer interested in watching the cheerleaders either. Being a spectator is not an interesting activity to me.

For me life is not a game that you win or lose. I just create. I create many things on a day to day basis. I can't figure out why so many people think everything's gotta be a game.

TLC

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Blacklight43 (21st March 2015), Church (5th April 2015), ERK (19th March 2015), Shezbeth (22nd March 2015), Tonz (21st March 2015), Woody (19th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Here's an interesting interview with L Ron Hubbard's neighbor.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Tonz (21st March 2015), Woody (21st March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 297 Posts
    One thing I will say about Hubbard (neither good nor bad): he is a power player.

My all-time favorite book is the "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene. This book is not exclusive in its scope of observing many sociological and hierarchical norms, and in many ways it is an expounding on Machiavelli's "The Prince", with aspects of the "Book of Five Rings", "The Art of War", and many others.

For example, the above indicated incident regarding the 'discovery' of Sci tech is one of the 48 Laws, which is "Get Others to Do the Work For You, but Always Take the Credit". I'm not excusing his behavior, I'm taking the opportunity to suggest that when one is observant of the laws one can easily avoid such people and their machinations. I could go on but don't wish to take this thread in a divergent direction, just seeking to point out that the best defense against such individuals is for one to verse themselves with the games and tools in their arsenal (ideally, WITHOUT practicing or utilizing them).

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shezbeth For This Useful Post:

NANUXII (22nd March 2015), Tonz (21st March 2015), TrumanLCash (21st March 2015), Woody (21st March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    one thing for sure , win lose or draw , LRH certainly left us something to talk about ...
    ; 0)

maybe thats good if we look at the good , maybe its bad if we look at the bad ,

what was the saying ..., " trust in the word , not man "

N

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Shezbeth (22nd March 2015), Tonz (21st March 2015), TrumanLCash (21st March 2015), Woody (21st March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    I read the 50 th Law . Robert Greene has a way with the story. Very good read if you havent yet.

And your take on how to arm ones self is absolutely poignant to humanity right now. Cudos.. but will they ? hmmm

i find it interesting that in order to ratify the message , people are curious about the messenger and use it as agauge of the material. this can be distractinng from truly getting something out of the message.

I believe we are all cpapble of filtering the good if we read things without prejudice. The good that leaps off the page can then be so proportional to the lack of judgement present in the readers eye.

hmmm

Quote Originally posted by Shezbeth View Post
    One thing I will say about Hubbard (neither good nor bad): he is a power player.

My all-time favorite book is the "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene. This book is not exclusive in its scope of observing many sociological and hierarchical norms, and in many ways it is an expounding on Machiavelli's "The Prince", with aspects of the "Book of Five Rings", "The Art of War", and many others.

For example, the above indicated incident regarding the 'discovery' of Sci tech is one of the 48 Laws, which is "Get Others to Do the Work For You, but Always Take the Credit". I'm not excusing his behavior, I'm taking the opportunity to suggest that when one is observant of the laws one can easily avoid such people and their machinations. I could go on but don't wish to take this thread in a divergent direction, just seeking to point out that the best defense against such individuals is for one to verse themselves with the games and tools in their arsenal (ideally, WITHOUT practicing or utilizing them).
    Last edited by NANUXII, 21st March 2015 at 00:15.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Shezbeth (22nd March 2015), Tonz (21st March 2015), Woody (21st March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The last three posts bring out the reason that I started this thread. To learn from examining Hubbard and how he did what he did so as to avoid being manipulated by this form of mind control.

And they key tool to use is to operate on the principle: QUESTION AUTHORITY.

TLC

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

NANUXII (21st March 2015), Sebastion (21st March 2015), Shezbeth (22nd March 2015), Sooz (21st March 2015), Spiritwind (21st March 2015), Woody (21st March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Mind control ? sorry if i missed that bit. Who is doing the mind control ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Woody (22nd March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Swami For This Useful Post:

Elbie (21st March 2015), NANUXII (21st March 2015), Shezbeth (22nd March 2015), Sooz (23rd March 2015), TrumanLCash (22nd March 2015), Woody (22nd March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    makes me wonder how all the other religions began , the history , the deceit , the hope ...

what i want to know is the point of difference between the good ones and the bad , in there lies the answer.

study that

N

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Woody (22nd March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 494 Posts

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QsCrFANMzc

thanks swami

of course, relativising crimes doesn't work.

---

welcome to the forum

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elbie For This Useful Post:

NANUXII (22nd March 2015), Sooz (23rd March 2015), Swami (21st March 2015), Woody (22nd March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Swami View Post
    Thanks for posting the video, Swami.

It should be noted that Jamie DeWolf never had personal contact with his great grandfather, L Ron Hubbard, nor did he take any courses or receive auditing with the $cientology "church".

However, one thing that he did confirm through inquiry with his family was Hubbard's involvement with the occult. In the video below Jamie reads his grandfather's words regarding L Ron Hubbard. (His grandfather was Hubbard's eldest child who began life as L Ron Hubbard, Jr but later changed his name to Ronald Edward DeWolf and was also known as "Nibs".)

It starts about 15 minutes into the video. About 27 minutes into the video Jamie reads his grandfather's words regarding L Ron Hubbard's involvement with the occult (i.e., Aleister Crowley) and his "Scarlet Women".

Last edited by TrumanLCash, 22nd March 2015 at 15:50.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

NANUXII (22nd March 2015), sandy (30th March 2015), Sebastion (22nd March 2015), Shezbeth (23rd March 2015), Swami (22nd March 2015), Woody (22nd March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    just watching the video , i like this De Wolf guy but he does something interesting, every time he mentions his grand father he wipes his nose.

and he touched his ear as well once.. this is an interesting aspect of the video. if you know how to read body language that would also be interesting for you.

hmmm

N

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Shezbeth (23rd March 2015), Sooz (23rd March 2015), Swami (22nd March 2015), Woody (23rd March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 297 Posts
    Wiping one's nose can equally be a sign of contempt as it can be other things, but kudos for pointing it out.
    Last edited by Shezbeth, 23rd March 2015 at 06:20.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shezbeth For This Useful Post:

Sooz (23rd March 2015), Woody (23rd March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    im doing an intensive refresh course in decepotion training atm. So im on the look out for stuff and trying to work it out.

love it big time, ! have been thinking about starting a thread on it actually.

hmmm

N

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (23rd March 2015), Shezbeth (23rd March 2015), Sooz (23rd March 2015), Spiral of Light (23rd March 2015), Woody (23rd March 2015)