Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: L. RON HUBBARD -- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Retired Member
    Thanks

E-meter

I've had a fair amount of experience with E-meters including use on the upper levels called "solo auditing". For those who are not familiar with the term "auditing", it is just the $cientology term for counseling (in layman's terms). There are numerous types of "auditing".

I have found that E-meters are not always reliable as Hubbard would have us to believe. That is my experience. One can "audit", so to speak, without using an E-meter. It is just a tool, but I think too much emphasis is placed on it.

NanuXII talked about a "rock slam" on an E-meter a few posts ago. A "rock slam" is a wild, erratic behavior of the E-meter needle. It slashes back and forth. Hubbard said "a rock slam means a hidden evil intention on the subject or question under auditing or discussion." If that is true, then he must have had a sh*t load of them.

However, a rock slam needle action can occur due to equipment malfunctioning. I've seen it happen twice. Once when there was a bad connection in the can that one holds. Another time it was in the E-meter itself and it would come and go so it had me thinking that I was causing it until I realized what was going on. I ended up having to send the E-meter in for repairs. I no longer use an E-meter.

One of the more interesting uses for the E-meter is that it can be used as a monitoring tool in remote viewing and telepathic communication with a remote subject.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Agape (18th March 2015), Shezbeth (17th March 2015), Spiral of Light (17th March 2015), Tribe (17th March 2015), Woody (17th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Auditing

Auditing is one of the most misunderstood subjects for those who have not experienced it or who have only had a limited experience with it. There can be benefits as to self-improvement and self-awareness with auditing if done properly. Unfortunately, there are sometimes adverse side effects to it, though, that have to be remedied with a different type of auditing by more advanced auditors. And sometimes the advanced auditors can't figure out what's going on so you're left hanging.

Auditing is one of the carrots that Hubbard used to keep people in $cientology. People often stayed in Scientology because of the benefits they were getting personally from auditing. However, I should point out that it is only a tool for self-improvement. It is not "the way", if you will. However, Hubbard claimed that it would save the world, end war and save the universe!

I've personally known many people who have achieved the highest levels of auditing and, frankly, I'm not impressed. I would rather hang out with my spiritually aware friends who have never had any auditing and who are more trustworthy, easier to get along with, are not bossy, are not phony and don't act like a know-it-all.

Hubbard made many fantastic claims about what auditing can do, but most of those claims are not true. He claimed that one would never get a cold again, that vision would be corrected, that IQ would go up dramatically, that psychosomatic illnesses would disappear (which he claimed included almost all illnesses), that one could come and go out of body at will, that one would achieve total spiritual freedom from the physical universe (matter, energy, space and time), etc, etc, ad nauseum.

However, that being said, I have to say that I have benefited from auditing. I have used it as a tool to become aware of myself as a spiritual being. I've used it (mostly without an E-meter) to recover the memories of many past lives thereby discovering who I am. It has been a useful tool for me to uncover the matrix in which we live.

There are problems with the way Hubbard set up the sequential steps of auditing which he called the "Bridge to Total Freedom", or just "the Bridge", for short. Because Hubbard's hidden intention was to achieve money and power, he set it up so that it was a very long, expensive process, which it needn't be.

There are two major carrots on the Bridge (see fantastic claims above) that Hubbard called "clear" and "OT". Both of these states of being are marketing ploys and do not exist in reality from doing his "Bridge".

Also, Hubbard modeled "the Bridge" after his own "case". Since Hubbard was a sociopath, you might be able to imagine what kind of problems that would create for the majority of people who are not sociopaths.

After Hubbard went into hiding, another sociopath, David Miscavige, gradually took control of the "church" of $cientology and screwed up auditing even more.

Some of the auditors who have left the "church" have tried to improve on the techniques but most of them can't seem to shake their allegiance to Hubbard or deprogram themselves of some of the erroneous technical conclusions that Hubbard made and strictly enforced.

Still, in my view, there is hope that a better system for self-improvement can evolve out of all this, but it all depends on whether people can shake off the "L Ron Hubbard", "Dianetics" and "$cientology" labels and separate the wheat from the chaff. This is not an easy task.

And to clarify I am not saying to throw out the bathwater with the baby. Just throw the baby out, then take the bathwater, filter it through charcoal and reverse osmosis, boil it thoroughly, distill it and then treat it with colloidal silver to make sure it is no longer polluted.

TLC
    Last edited by TrumanLCash, 17th March 2015 at 17:10.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Agape (18th March 2015), Chester (17th March 2015), sandy (17th March 2015), Shezbeth (17th March 2015), Spiral of Light (17th March 2015), Spiritwind (17th March 2015), Woody (17th March 2015)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Hi Truman - I agree with your post. I experimented with a great deal of intense auditing. the auditor is one of the finest beings I have ever met. Yet what I realized is that I did not need an e-meter to tell me what is bothering me inside. In fact, I decided that if I had something buried deep enough inside me that had my world view based on something false, then the reality would reflect this error back to me and that would be all the clue I needed to explore where I am off. And this is precisely the process I now use. And its free. And it works. It may not work for anyone else, but it works for me.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

sandy (17th March 2015), Shezbeth (17th March 2015), Spiral of Light (17th March 2015), TrumanLCash (17th March 2015), Woody (17th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hi, Justone. Thanks for sharing your experience. I have also come to the conclusion that every one must find and walk their own path. No one can do it for them and no one can tell another what "the way" is. I think one must discover it for themselves.

TLC

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Chester (22nd March 2015), sandy (17th March 2015), Spiral of Light (17th March 2015), Woody (17th March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    When i realised what happened after the audit, that the e meter merely measured brain wave activity within a narrow bandwidth. The problem with it is when that activity happend and invariably it would , the mis information that you were anything ( replace anything with deamon, posessed , mentally ill , need to pay more money etc ) was the problem.

So this could have been used as a tool to enlist certain beliefs if the Auditor was so inclined. Mind you i dont think 95 % of auditors even know what that machine actually does or how its designed, whomever designed it was pretty clever because the pineal gland " seat " bridges the upper and lower brain activity and pretty much every mental image process needs to pass through this bridge giving off an electrical pulse.
    The interesting thing was , when i turned on my third eye , it measured a high amount of electrical charge " rock slam " .. and i can assure you my mind was blank. So its not dependant on stress or sadness of emotion. Its merely dependant on electrical energy tranfer and thats all it measures. When the Auditor could see i was turing it on and off at will and i repeated this demonsration more than 6 times, it was clear to him that i could control the electrical charge it was reading which baffled him and his supervisor to no end.

N

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Chester (22nd March 2015), sandy (17th March 2015), Shezbeth (17th March 2015), Spiral of Light (17th March 2015), Tribe (17th March 2015), TrumanLCash (18th March 2015), Woody (17th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 297 Posts
    I'm exuberantly enjoying this thread, and I would like to thank the OP and the participants.

Personally, I have never had secular experience with Scientologists (knowingly anyway) so what follows is pure conjecture but having watched a number of Hubbard videos and interviews, I have to wonder;

Am I the only person who finds everything about the man insufferable? Perhaps my BS meter is working like a charm (I haven't been able to stomach him even when I wasn't aware of the good, the bad, and the ugly) but - and I hope I am not offending the forum rules with the following - he has always struck me as being so authoritarian and full of fecal matter that I can smell it through my computer; I can count few who strike me so (Obama is on that list).

I agree with many of the assertions made esp. as regards the e-meter. I am particularly appreciative of Nanu's account, as that explains my general perception of things. I had always assumed that the e-meter operated in a similar capacity as a speaker system; what I mean by that is have you ever touched the audio plug on a simple speaker system and it began buzzing (for me, that ALWAYS happens)? My interpretation - as suggested by Truman and Nanu - is that the e-meter operates on a simple circuitry that is all-but guaranteed to produce a 'hit' so that the person can get 'the next sales pitch'.

I am of a similar mind to Justone, in that there are a variety of practices which might seem to produce the same or similar results; personally I have found great benefit in utilizing the Recapitulation methods described by Carlos Castaneda, meditation ('as needed' rather than regular, consistent, or religious), good 'ole introspection, and the classic 'searching and fearless moral inventory'.

IMO and observation, Scientology appeals particularly to individuals who find themselves gratified by authoritarianism. In a general sense, it is easier to follow an presumed (or prescribed) outside authority than to assume one's own authority (command), but F that noise IMO.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shezbeth For This Useful Post:

Chester (22nd March 2015), pabranno (31st March 2015), sandy (17th March 2015), Sebastion (18th March 2015), Tribe (17th March 2015), TrumanLCash (17th March 2015), Woody (17th March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    I started to watch one of the videos where LRH spoke and after a few minutes had to turn it off.. wasnt to my liking. the Captain however at least was interesting and spoke with conviction.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

sandy (17th March 2015), Tribe (17th March 2015), TrumanLCash (17th March 2015), Woody (17th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

My stay amongst the Scientologists

I have no idea how I stumbled onto this thread yesterday, cosmic serendipity, and wanted to add my two cents.

I spent 5 years among the Scientologists back around 1980, to find out what they had that worked. I was sort of a spy inasmuch as I had come up through Theosophy and its offshoots, Vitvan (www.vitvan-archive.com which I webmaster, and yet have moved on from this also), and so had a model of cosmos very different, including chakras, planes, (no ET yet)... and was surprised how dogmatic C of S was on these subjects: it was all delusion, implants, etc.,

Nonetheless, I had come from a 'spiritual' school & I wasn't having the meditation experiences others insisted they were. My defenses were strong. So I did Reichian therapy 5 years with Israel Regardie, who turned me onto Frater Albertus and his alchemy school in Salt Lake. The alchemical model of reverse engineering polarity through putrefaction (reduction to prima materia) and internally evolving dissolution leading to a cleaner higher expression of Cosmos whether in solvents, oils, or the ultimate, the Stone; this remains my bedrock paradigm for "self-improvement." Consciousness evolving through a feed-back loop of self assimilation as in the rotary motion of the Oroboros.

But I wander. When I heard interesting things about Scientology and its ability to make change in a person, and after I had the very impressive introduction through their beginners Communication Course, and a weekend Dianetics class wherein I progressed a guy back into a past life by simply following the instructions, I was impressed.

I am a builder contractor hands on guy. I want tools that work. The philosophy might be screwy, but if it works, then what is workable must overlap with what is workable in other practices and disciplines. so within C of S I trained for 5 years, going nightly to classes.

At that time there has been an internal revolution in the Church, young Turks had taken over, fanatics called the RTS. All around me people were leaving, or feeling oppressed, but I didn't pick up on it until some years in when dissidents felt it was safe to talk to a newbie like me, when they saw I wasn't a lemming like so many. Thus I gradually met very high up auditors who were moving quietly into what was the Scientology "underground" where they felt they could use auditing purely, without jumping through bureaucratic hoops that actually slowed down progress; and was increasingly a watering down and money making ploy.

Finally a pattern emerged, Intelligence Agencies may well have infiltrated and taken over what was at that time, the largest controlled psychological experiment on the planet. Hubbard's efficient and rigid hierarchy filled with willing administrators and willing participants was was a wet dream for MKUltra wonks.

Before going any farther, I should state I consider much or most of the training I got to be excellent tools, which I still employ variants of today, along with all that synthesized from my other classes in Taoism, out-of-body travel, holosync, psychedelics, iboga, .... They all have working tools. So I am frustrated with the blanket dismissal of Sci as a useless discipline, and only wish the very good aspects could be better integrated. The skills I learned there I find very lacking in the other schools I have looked into, making them inefficient. It is quite possible such tools, when used for liberation, were targeted for suppression.

So.. let's also point out that you progress in Sci in one of two ways: 1) the pay-for-auditing path (very expensive); or, two, the poor man's way, through training. The latter is preferred and encouraged. The first is like going to some doctor who does things to you, but you have not a clue why they work. Whereas the latter is like going to med school, and having to test out each level in a clinic until you are good at it.

People who do the training were in my opinion the best exemplars of what was good. Ironically, the Church staff is divided into Auditors (Techs) and Administrators (Bureaucrats) and a common complaint is that the Admins, the bean counters who push the fanatical side, often have the least amount of the auditing! thus they remain the most neurotic. Once again, the irony. The military creates highly efficient Supersoldiers who are streamlined killers serving a dominator culture (sold as spreading 'democracy'). Auditing can help make a Super Salesman out of a fanatic administrator. Auditors tend to be like monks, they want to stay in their room and work on liberating people one-on-one. The salesman you run into with the "Scientology stare" is likely NOT an experienced auditor. Admin tends to attract control freaks, people who like hierarchy and having someone below you you can order around.

If you think about it, in auditing, a form of confessional, you reveal your innermost shames and self-condemnations. But an auditor is neutral, non-judgmental, non-condemning. He just wants to get that thorn out of your side. They have heard it all; every story has been told over and over, everyone has gone through shit that drove them down. The way this MIGHT be used against you is that you feel invigorated and now your clean-slate state can be convinced that you should be a fanatic to save others.

Hubbard even uses computer like metaphors (the "stuck key" which keeps inputting irrelevant data). Through auditing, and other clearing processes for sure, you can wipe a lot of viruses and malware from your computer. Things will run smoother and faster. BUT, there is still the question of what SOFTWARE you run. Your belief structures. You can still run Prejudice Bully software, but now more efficiently!

Thus Wisdom is not necessarily an outcome of any clearing process, including auditing. Wisdom comes through Empathy, which is through the Heart; direct feeling that as you hurt someone else, you hurt yourself and those in the group pool. Fanatics let the mind and beliefs suppress their empathy. The height of wisdom is still the Golden Rule.

I have come out of sessions floating and high, in bliss, and it can go on for days. I saw this in many friends. So we have to recognize that there is something here that WORKS. Can we separate that "tech" from being recruited into a mind control cult experiment?

Yes there is this insane cult idea of saving the planet (and universe) but within that, to do so, you MUST know your materials so you can apply them. One could be a Nazi and want to take over the world through air power (insane) but you would still need the down to earth working testable skills of manufacture and repair of airplanes. so many people in so many classes I have seen come for info-tainment, nod sagely at hearing descriptions of other people's experiences, and fool themselves into thinking they have learned something and are progressing. A year later they cannot articulate anything much from their expensive seminars.

Not the Scientologists. First thing those on the training path do is take a very extensive class on HOW to learn. the Student Hat course. I took it at the Advanced Org which means they pride themselves on really testing you. It verges on sadism, like in those martial arts movies where the crusty old master pushes the student hard, until there is a breakthrough AHA! moment.

Here's the base problem: our model of Life is made up (to great extent) by what we think; thoughts in turn are made up by concepts; and concepts are built from the lego blocks of words. It's like building a wall with bricks. If the bricks (words) are fuzzy to your understanding, then the fuzziness grows, you concepts are woolly, and your thoughts are full of fuzzy I-know-what-I -mean but can't explain ideas and feelings. This is not to put down direct knowledge through intuition and the heart, not at all, but when people try to put that into words it often leads to poorly articulated transmissions. This may work for the individual, but it won't create a well-meshing community if communication is woolly.

What this means is that you have to be able to define every word you read, and every word in the definition. Then you are tested, either by a "twin" (a student you pair off with), and finally, by a supervisor. I couldn't get off the first paragraph for two weeks (my IQ is 145). At first you are enraged: "of course you know what this sentence means!!!" .... but eventually, as you discover the feeling of mastership with words, mental clarity grows, as does confidence. This is such a key! WHY study anything unless you can master it and grow in confidence? Otherwise you end up hiding your uncertainty. By forcing you to get your level as perfect as possible before going on, this approach let's one build in confidence in themselves. So many students live in fear of being found out that they really don't understand what school tried to teach them. Thus they are set up for failure.

[there's still one more step! You have to demonstrate not just with words, but in what is called "clay demo." you take little physical objects and put on a play moving them about showing you have a physical tactile sense showing relationships in matter. Tactile visual play makes impressions through the mid-brain thalamic area, a kind of gut-level non-verbal "I got it" level.] Kids can really get into this. It develops imagination, increases creativity. Good stuff indeed]

Any "cult" that has many adherents who stay, has to have a good carrot and a good stick. There has to be something that you regard as increasing your abilities and Sci has these aspects down well. Study tech is used in their schools to great success.

So that was Big Win #1. I know how to study. But I had to be taught, forced, coerced for my own good. Thus I am a big supporter of the Boot Camp approach to learning technical subjects. A teacher who will not let you pass until you can demonstrate that you can apply the material is your best friend ever. Those that don't want to hurt your feelings, and your boo-hoo "self-esteem" by letting you "feel good" about you INability, are setting you up for failure. That's why the military uses Boot Camp: to get the job done. Your life depends on it, F*** your self-esteem for now! You'll find plenty when you survive successfully! (other pet peeve: martial arts schools that pass out belts to incompetent students, everyone has to feel good)

With the Communication Course, you learn the anatomy of communicating: how to speak, how to listen, how to acknowledge, how to duplicate another. Add to this a willingness to always learn the meaning of an unfamiliar word (instead of being embarrassed and faking it) is wonderful. As a contractor I have worked with many crews, and working with Sci trained crews is such a pleasure. It's smooth, efficient, satisfying. Where you get problems is when someone thinks he'll be fired if he doesn't know how to do something, so he hides it. And his bad work then puts everyone behind schedule. But when an apprentice knows that he will be well regarded when he admits he DOESN'T know, he is protecting the job. Now he will get the training and it's a win-win.

Like other commenters let me say some of the finest brightest cleanest peeps I met along the way were well trained Scientologists. Fun, not emotionally cramped, and very very able people.

As for auditing, after I went underground I had access to top flight auditors rather than the low level guys I would have gotten within the Church. They knew what worked, and could break the rules now if they wanted. They could skip over one-size-fits-all bullshit on the "Bridge." They could give you an "advanced" technique if they saw you were ready. Dianetics has been ruined by the Church; I learned a version that is way more powerful and rapid. It's shit like this that convinces one that Sci has been neutered on purpose. Likewise, areas that Hubbard was unsuccessful in solving have been now solved in the Independent Field.

Example: Dianetics starts off on the simple level that you have suffered trauma (engrams, secondaries, etc.,) and these are buried in your subconscious and exert a negative filtration to your experiences, derailing your creative flow. We live in the past and keep coloring our present existence with old inappropriate emotion and evaluation. So you dig down level by level. As each level (memory) is cleared, you ask "is there an earlier similar incident?" Onion layers, bead by bead. And it does release trauma.

But then, one time you ask about an "earlier similar" and the guy goes into past lives all of a sudden! Now this was when Dianetics (a one lifetime model) had to revision itself as Scientology, which deal with the past lives and timeline of a spiritual being who has gone from life to life, planet to planet, on and on.

If you've lived a thousand lives when and how can you ever find the time to go through all of them? Impossible. So Hubbard examined the components of what such an "akashic" library of memories would entail, how would it be stored? Mega filing structures began to become more important than one-by-one details. For instance, all unexpurgated snippets of memory and soul intentions on "rejection" have a common "End Word" or resonant frequency. All goals we set out on with intention, but were thwarted at (failed), have left a residue in our memory banks that have common sorting elements.

This was, as I understood it, from very seasoned old-timers, the Holy Grail for Hubbard: to solve the "GPM" problem. Goals-Problems-Mass. Goals (spiritual intentions) which met oppositional counter flows got stuck, & have created has left us (over lifetimes) with Problems we are still trying to solve; and the intention and counter-intention flows have made a standing wave, or Mass.

Hubbard never solved this. In fact, it is speculated he himself got stuck in it and it made him even loopier than he was at the end. He tried out all the experimental processes on himself in his inner circle. But he had now progresses from "create-a-religion" pulp fiction writer, dabbler in Black Magick, to the insane identity of world savior and Commodore. Any process that might reveal to him that he was over the top triggered his paranoia, and his punishing reactions even on closest associates is well known. Classic projection: he saw "enemies" everywhere outside himself. Indeed there were real enemies enough, but this was the "enemy within." Hung by his own petard! What a shame! Wisdom in the Kali Yuga! The Light deeply mixed in chiaroscuro with the Dark.

But the GPM problem HAS been solved in the Independent Field. And to make this even more interesting, it involves the "fact" that over lifetimes we have had a multiplicity of identities, many being oppositional to this present one. In general, we have all had identities of beings who we might now consider "enemy." Our consciousness over time is like a faceted crystal composed of complimentary and opposing forces. You have to audit your "enemy" identity along with your "positive" one to really erase the Mass or standing wave. It is your own intention from an earlier life that you may be "fighting" now!!

It is for such things lost I am saddened when I see the baby work concepts in so many 'spiritual" schools, which really are feel-good pabulum. We are composed of contradictions and inconsistencies, ancient threads and impulses. I find it bemusing to hear those who believe in some kind of "Ascension" or get out of jail free card at the end of the Cycle, washed clean as it were in some baptism bouncing around reborn as an Orb or psychedelic colored "light being!" Especially when the believers seem such innocents abroad, sweetness 'n lighters living on Hopium.

How much more likely that we are woven of such rich and ancient threads both "good" and "bad," roles played over and over with increasing skill and playfulness, subtle in Darkness, brilliant in Light. With the quiet accepting wisdom born out in the deep folds of our well-traveled faces.

Scientology, like many techniques, I prefer to see as tools given to mankind by the Elders, knowing that while it could be used to stir up and dig out old old self-limiting self-creations, would also release a lot of old crap in the Collective Memory... but this phase had to be endured like a purge. And, that they even might come to us through deeply flawed "avatars," men of genius, but egoic genius.

Simultaneously, those who profit by keeping us in amnesia would want to infiltrate and corrupt such tools to make them weak, so they could remain hidden to create more ongoing fantasy and soul control.
    Last edited by ajnavajra, 18th March 2015 at 00:19.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ajnavajra For This Useful Post:

Agape (18th March 2015), Bob (17th March 2015), Chester (22nd March 2015), lookbeyond (19th March 2015), pabranno (31st March 2015), sandy (17th March 2015), Shezbeth (18th March 2015), Spiral of Light (17th March 2015), TrumanLCash (18th March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 120 Posts
    Welcome to TOT, Ajnavajra. Great first post!
    Last edited by Spiral of Light, 17th March 2015 at 23:59.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Useful Post:

Bob (17th March 2015), lookbeyond (19th March 2015), TrumanLCash (18th March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 516 Posts
    http://jandeane81.com/threads/5876-L...#post841905557 this is about as succinct and spot-on post I have seen anywhere at any time to explain the phenomenon. I can relate to the experiences, and find a reader taking their time, starting at the beginning of the post, and as is said, word/concept clear each statement/thought, there are many many pearls.. Welcome to the Forum and VERY WELL DONE my friend.. I bow to true genius with head and heart very well balanced.
    Last edited by Bob, 18th March 2015 at 00:03.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (19th March 2015), NANUXII (18th March 2015), pabranno (31st March 2015), Spiral of Light (18th March 2015), TrumanLCash (18th March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Ancient Wzzdom below

You know what the best thanks is? Being duplicated! Sharing with those who have traveled a similar path and can get what you say.

That concept of ourselves being a collective of identities composed of opposing identities is expressed so elegantly in the carving which is on a Bridge (!) at Ankhor Wat, the Churning of the Milky Sea as it is sometimes called. It illustrates the "two terminal universe" as Hubbard expressed it. There's no perception in consciousness without Self and Other. Here is illustrated the central Beingness of our consciousness as the "god" who presides over a tug of war between the Asuras, forces of "darkness" and the Devas beings of "light."

It's all a Big Game. There's nothing to be perceived in the "Light" without Shadow to expose dimension and form. Unless you think that living in a bland porridge bowl of "Oneness" is an exciting life!

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ajnavajra For This Useful Post:

Bob (18th March 2015), Chester (22nd March 2015), lookbeyond (19th March 2015), NANUXII (18th March 2015), pabranno (31st March 2015), Shezbeth (18th March 2015), Spiral of Light (18th March 2015), TrumanLCash (18th March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by ajnavajra View Post
    Thus Wisdom is not necessarily an outcome of any clearing process, including auditing. Wisdom comes through Empathy, which is through the Heart; direct feeling that as you hurt someone else, you hurt yourself and those in the group pool. Fanatics let the mind and beliefs suppress their empathy. The height of wisdom is still the Golden Rule.
    Thanks so much for your well-written post, Ajnavajra. I especially like your comment on wisdom.

TLC

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Chester (22nd March 2015), lookbeyond (19th March 2015), Spiral of Light (18th March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Study Technology

Ajnavajra, in your previous post #38 you talked about the study technology. Do you know who discovered that?

Some people may be surprised to know that it was not L Ron Hubbard. In fact, Hubbard often took credit for the discoveries and developments of others and then declaring them "suppressive persons" and kicking them out. Here is what Alan C. Walter said:

"Post #11 20070108-0054 [Ex-Scientologist Message Board] Chuck and Ava Berner created Study Tech"

"...I and several other Scio's had dinner with Chuck and Ava Berner at the Forrest Row Hotel, it was June 1964, the night before Chuck and Ava were to meet with LRH to go over this new discovery they made to do with study. We were all enthralled with what they had discovered.

"Imagine the shock we had when LRH told us in a the lecture that night that he had made a momentous discovery in the field of study.

"The data he gave was almost word for word with what the Berners had discussed with us the previous night. There was no mention of the Berners who were in the audience. They were devastated."

"Ava and Chuck Berner DECLARED SP because they objected too LRH stealing their Study Tech."
    Last edited by TrumanLCash, 18th March 2015 at 15:44.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Chester (22nd March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

"Keeping Scientology Working" Fraud

Here is what Alan C. Walter said about Hubbard's infamous and fraudulent policy letter entitled "Keeping Scientology Working":

"Their greatest betrayal came when L. Ron Hubbard stated in a narcissistic Policy letter, Keeping Scientology Working, dated 7 February, 1965, that he and only he discovered the exercises, drills and procedures.

At the time though we were shocked by this Policy Letter, but at least the tapes, books and bulletins still had their acknowledgements of the different discoverers of the exercises, drills and procedures.

Sadly, over the next 20 years all mention of these originators and sources were erased by Hubbard’s people who also set about attempting to destroy their reputations, this was done by false accusations, vilification and false destructive stories about them."
    Last edited by TrumanLCash, 18th March 2015 at 15:59.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Chester (22nd March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Who Developed Scientology?

So who were the people who developed the "tech"? Here is what Alan C. Walter reported:

"HOW THOUSANDS OF MY FRIENDS, ASSOCIATES AND I WERE DUPED BY A NARCCISIST"

"In the intense pursuit of my Dreams, Goals and Aspirations I needed desperately to develop a way to role play my actions. Just as I had learned how to be a professional football player – I needed life skills to successfully inter-relate with others in business and personal relationships.

It was in this intense search for these skills that I came across Scientology. L Ron Hubbard in his early book Dianetics wrote:

“Acknowledgment is made to fifty thousand years of thinking men without whose speculations and observations the creation and construction of Dianetics would not have been possible. Credit in particular is due to: “Anaxagoras, Thomas Paine, Aristotle, Thomas Jefferson, Socrates, René Descartes, Plato, James Clerk Maxwell, Euclid, Charcot, Lucretius, Herbert Spencer, Roger Bacon, William James, Francis Bacon, Sigmund Freud, Isaac Newton, van Leeuwenhoek, Cmdr. Joseph Thompson (MC) USN, William A. White, Voltaire, Will Durant, Count Alfred Korzybski, and my instructors in atomic and molecular phenomena, mathematics and the humanities at George Washington University and at Princeton.”

With this acknowledgement I believed I was joining a group dedicated to evolving mankind’s knowledge and skills.

I studied for a few months in Melbourne, Australia 1961 -1962, and went in August, 1962 to Saint Hill, England to study with L. Ron Hubbard. It was at Saint Hill that I met 100’s of students that had helped over the preceding 12 years develop the exercises, drills and procedures of Hubbard’s work.

I quickly rose in the ranks to become one of the leading researchers and deliverers of the Technology under development. It was an exciting time sharing the research with these dedicated people as well as learning how the different parts of the Technology had come into being, who had originated it, where they had got their ideas from originally.

There I was at the tender age of 25, in 1962 it was my privilege and honor to meet, work with and share with masterful top processors, trainers and coaches in the world. There were 85 of these masters attending Saint Hill at that time, they came from many fields.

Post #2 20070106-1516 Pandora's Box Part 2

What was so wonderful about these masters was their willingness to freely share their new discoveries with each other. Between us each had in excess of 5,000 clients. This was quite a vast undertaking, more grassroots than anything else. Each of the 85 masters probably spent several millions of dollars each, over the years in their pursuit of knowledge, truth, study, training, coaching, processing and research.

What was in play was a giant network of very dedicated, on purpose team gradiently discovering the secrets of how to unlock the truth and knowledge of our spiritual, mental and human potential. We can estimate that several 100’s of millions of dollars has been invested to uncover their knowledge and discoveries.

Most of the masters were in their 40’s in the beginning of the 1960’s. Make no mistake, each of them was a giant, unbelievable brave, incredibly persistent, thoroughly dedicated. They each pursued their goal with a passion and zeal that lasted every working moment of their life (even their sleep moments, most likely). Any major discoveries would be shared by the team.

Sadly to say, today almost all of that team has died. Much of their incredible wisdom and knowledge went with them. Luckily, we have almost all their secrets and knowledge which they so freely shared.

The team of masters consisted of a former priest, 2 former rabbi’s, 2 former Buddhist monks, several ministers of other religions, 2 professors, 2 C.E.O of Fortune 500 companies, 2 writers, several teachers, several champion athletes, 2 actors, 2 fashion models and several top musicians.

Jack Horner a former actor discovered and developed the ‘repetitive process procedures’, it took him 7 years to fully prove out this procedure, testing it over several thousand client hours – millions of dollars were spent by these clients – yet we can teach a person how to do this in a couple of hours.

Gordon Bell in early 1963 discovered the subject of by-passed charge and where it stemmed from, he also put together the material that is known as the grades.
    I had dinner with Gordon Bell that evening in during which he shared with me his discoveries.

From those discoveries I developed the first Correction Lists. List 1 was designed to handle UPSETS caused by by-passed-charge. The second List became List 4. The purpose of which was to handle by-passed-charge caused by wrong answers and wrong items.

Another discovery I originated was the Good and Bad Indicators – these indicators stemmed from my studies of the Stock Market. Many other students contributed to this including Hubbard.

Ava and Charles Berner, professors of English discovered and developed much of the study technology we use, they had spent almost 40 years each in their research – research that had spanned many of the foremost educators down through time - we teach what they discovered in 3 weeks.

Richard Steeves, Jan and Richard Halpern discovered and developed the procedures that are the forerunners of our SPIEPIR technology. This technology has been in development for 52 years –100’s of thousand of hours and millions of dollars have been spent developing these procedures –we teach how to do it in a few days.

Hubbard’s son L. Ron Hubbard Jr., developed the forerunner to our Presence drills, these were taken from Buddhist Meditating Exercises that were 2000 years old. Possibly their greatest power and influence came in conjunction with their wisdom, knowledge and know-how was their immensely influential direct networks.

Almost all of these prime movers and shakers over the last 50 years were connected to receiving, coaching and processing either directly or indirectly from these masters. It must be understood that these masters weren’t just masters in these fields but in other fields as well. They were philosophers in the fullest sense.

Philosophers study life and all the aspects of life. A true philosopher has not only studied life but has lived life to its fullest."

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrumanLCash For This Useful Post:

Chester (22nd March 2015), pabranno (31st March 2015), Woody (18th March 2015)