Thread: Lord James Blackheath I Smuggle Children Used For Slavery And Sex

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts

Lord James Blackheath I Smuggle Children Used For Slavery And Sex

Lord James of Blackheath: I Helped Smuggle Children Used For Slavery And Sex
    In a debate which took place in the House of Lords yesterday on the Modern Slavery Bill, Lord Blackheath makes a startling revelation. He tells his fellow peers that whilst working for the Australian Civil Service in London, he was tasked with herding, as he puts it, small children on to boats at Tilbury, for transportation to Australia. Blackheath says:

“They did not have names; they did not know who their parents were, or where they came from, and they were completely terrified.”

He recounts that at the time, he was “deeply suspicious” of this practice, and had a strong feeling that the children did not have the proper permissions to travel. Since then, he has been likened to Jimmy Savile, although to his credit, he does say his rap sheet is worse. Savile was responsible for abusing 300 children – Blackheath facilitated the abuse of 2,500 vulnerable minors, none of whom knew who their parents were or what was happening to them. They were completely alone in the world. And yet Blackheath, with his strong suspicions, which included the belief that what he was being asked to do to those children was in fact illegal, chose to keep schtum.

You would think that after such an admission, Blackheath would be a little more introspective. Not a bit of it. No longer speaking in the first person he tells us:

“It involved many tens of thousands of children over 15 years; we should be deeply ashamed of it.”

The rest of Blackheath’s statement is equally interesting. He details how these children were shipped off to Australia (careful to mention this happens during a Labour government – Blackheath is a Tory boy); how the courts there refused to sanction any adoptions involving these children; and how subsequently, they all ended up on the streets. 2,500 children. On the streets. All on their own.

And then, he goes on to share his knowledge, common knowledge as it turns out, that many of these children over time were picked up by so called religious organisations who were in fact abusing children emotionally and physically. Two of these organisations appear to be infamous – The Sisters of Mercy, who were Catholic nuns, and the Christian Brothers, who were already known in government service as the “Christian buggers”. “Already known in government service”. How about that.

Blackheath also tells us:

“The rules of a Christian Brothers home were that if you were abused by one of the holy fathers, that was an act of god, and if you complained about the holy father, that was a sin against god and you would be flogged for it. By the way, the flogging was with a metal hacksaw replacement blade. It did not leave much of a kid… Any ship that was allowed to sail from that date on was allowed to sail in the knowledge that the inmates were going to be raped and abused.”
    And yet Mr Blackheath did nothing. He did not utter a word.

A group of social workers at the time, though, did. And of course, they were ignored.

Blackheath goes on to detail separate accounts from this period of time, but his statement, which clearly goes off at a long and winding tangent – the Lords are supposed to be discussing amendments to the Bill – is cut short by time watching peers.

So why does Blackheath make this startling admission and swerve the debate completely off course? The amendment he was discussing was Amendment 6. This is what it says:

Insert the following new Clause—

“Forced child migration

(1) A person commits an offence if the person arranges or facilitates the travel
    of a child (“C”) with a view to transferring C’s permanent residence unless
    the person reasonably believes that—

(a) C’s parent or guardian consents,

(b) it is necessary for securing compliance with an order under section
    8 of the Children Act 1989, or

(c) it is necessary for securing compliance with an order of a court in a
    foreign jurisdiction.

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) “permanent residence” shall not include
    any detention under a sentence that is imposed by a court after a conviction
    for a criminal offence.

(3) A person may in particular arrange or facilitate C’s travel by transporting
    or transferring C, harbouring or receiving C, or transferring or exchanging
    control over C.

(4) A person arranges or facilitates C’s travel with a view to transferring C’s
    permanent residence only if the person knows or ought to know that C is
    travelling in order to live for a substantial or indeterminate period of time
    in a different location to the one in which C lived before the travel.

(5) “Travel” has the same meaning as in section 2.

(6) A person who is a UK national commits an offence under this section
    regardless of—

(a) where the arranging or facilitating takes place, or

(b) where the travel takes place.

(7) A person who is not a UK national commits an offence under this section
    if—

(a) any part of the arranging or facilitating takes place in the United
    Kingdom, or

(b) the travel consists of arrival in or entry into, departure from, or
    travel within, the United Kingdom.

(8) For the purposes of this section, a “person” shall include a public body.”

Was it a guilty conscience, perhaps? A fear that he might in some way find himself under scrutiny? After all the amendment if enacted might in some way be retroactive. And with the nation’s Inquiry into child abuse he may be feeling a little nervous about being thrust into the spotlight. Nevertheless, he’s done that for himself, by telling the world what he did in a public debate in the House of Lords. Whilst we appreciate that there may be a trace of contrition in that act, it’s hard not to feel disappointed by those who choose not to do the right thing when it comes to protecting children from being exploited.

You can track the Modern Slavery Bill’s progress here.

A very big thank you to Maggie Tuttle for sharing this item with us.

James Blackheath

http://researchingreform.net/2015/02...-exploitation/

http://www.publications.parliament.u.../ml069-I-R.htm

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/lords/...A13880#g1429.2

These last two links iv added are important.
    Last edited by Ria, 7th March 2015 at 08:45.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Altaira (7th March 2015), Breeze (7th March 2015), DNA (8th March 2015), Elbie (7th March 2015), JATUS (7th March 2015), Juniper (7th March 2015), lookbeyond (7th March 2015), sandy (8th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (8th March 2015), Sooz (7th March 2015), Stoat muldoon (7th March 2015), Woody (7th March 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Wow, this is explosive stuff. Why is he singing like a canary now? And when did this take place, what years?

The legal gobbledegook is transparent in its purpose to purposely bamboozle.

Some things don't make sense. If they were over 15, how come they didn't know their names, surely they were called something? Not knowing their parents I can understand. But where were they living from Birth to age 15, under what circumstances? In boys homes?

Very disturbing all the same and wondering why he is presenting this now. Isn't he the same guy who spoke about the money laundering stuff?

See here, re Foundation X, Lord Blackheath on another thread:
    http://jandeane81.com/threads/4685-F...ord+Blackheath

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th March 2015), Juniper (7th March 2015), lookbeyond (7th March 2015), Ria (7th March 2015), sandy (8th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (8th March 2015), Stoat muldoon (7th March 2015), Woody (7th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I find the cavalier attitude astounding of Lord James of Blackheath. The compleat lack of grasping the enormity of what he had participated in. Also how many people were involved? To round up these children.

Yes Sooz same guy.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th March 2015), Juniper (7th March 2015), lookbeyond (7th March 2015), sandy (8th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (8th March 2015), Sooz (7th March 2015), Stoat muldoon (7th March 2015), Woody (7th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    This gives much more info on the preseedings and the contex.

Clause 1: Slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour

Amendment 1

Moved by Baroness Hamwee

1: Clause 1, page 1, line 17, at end insert “person’s characteristics or”
    Link to this speech
    http://www.theyworkforyou.com/lords/...A13880#g1429.2

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th March 2015), Juniper (7th March 2015), lookbeyond (7th March 2015), sandy (8th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (8th March 2015), Sooz (7th March 2015), Stoat muldoon (7th March 2015), Woody (7th March 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Good Lord, (no pun intended), the legal system and their use of language is truly criminal.

I understand now that 'over 15 years', relates to the years that thousands of children were sent to Australia. NOT over the age of 15 years of age of the individual children.

All sent to boys homes, religious places.

Have I mentioned before I'm an atheist?
    Last edited by Sooz, 7th March 2015 at 11:28.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th March 2015), Juniper (7th March 2015), lookbeyond (7th March 2015), Ria (7th March 2015), sandy (8th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (8th March 2015), Stoat muldoon (7th March 2015), Woody (7th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 494 Posts
    who , whcih group rounded up the children in the first place..surely, they must have identity and trackable parents and place of origination.. who stole the paper trail from them? which is the question blackheath must be asked.. following that, he must answer why did he partake in the crime and who else was on board?

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Elbie For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th March 2015), Juniper (7th March 2015), KosmicKat (7th March 2015), lookbeyond (7th March 2015), Ria (7th March 2015), sandy (8th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (8th March 2015), Sooz (7th March 2015), Stoat muldoon (7th March 2015), Woody (7th March 2015)

Senior Member Togo Stoat muldoon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 436 Posts
    This is the contempt they have for us . They openly admit what they are about and have no fear of retribution . They are obviously well protected , what a sad indictment for the UK .

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stoat muldoon For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th March 2015), Elbie (7th March 2015), Juniper (7th March 2015), lookbeyond (7th March 2015), Ria (7th March 2015), sandy (8th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (8th March 2015), Sooz (7th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    If they were over 15, how come they didn't know their names, surely they were called something?
    I believe what the statement was intended to convey was that this practice continued over fifteen years. That it was not a statement about the age of the children.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th March 2015), Elbie (7th March 2015), Juniper (7th March 2015), lookbeyond (7th March 2015), Ria (7th March 2015), sandy (8th March 2015), Sooz (7th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    He was viewed as a Buffoon when he talked about Foundation X............planned opposition IMHO and now again he is viewed as a Buffoon and more planned opposition ................distraction time folks??

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Ria (8th March 2015), Sooz (9th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 364 Posts
    My Nan and Granddad fostered over 100 children on their country farm during WWII and adopted 2 of these children, one of which being my father, an unwanted ‘war baby’. Had my father not been adopted by loving people, he too would likely have been one of the below horrifying statistics of children being ‘inhumanely dumped’ onto foreign lands without an afterthought, into the hands of ‘legal’ twisted religious paedophile practices.

This report from Lord Blackheath leaves me heavy in heart and soul and totally lost for words. It is an ugly, vile history preying on young innocents - such needs to be revealed; so I will not shoot the messenger – my thoughts immediately go to all the lost children.

I hope there is a massive public outcry here in the UK and Australia!

But maybe I wish too much?

It is becoming crystal clear there is zero accountability – such is the contempt of ‘farm management’ towards ‘human wildlife’ that is dispensable.

I have copied and pasted highlighted extracts to clear up some member’s confusions. Here is the link for the full detailed account. http://www.theyworkforyou.com/lords/...A13880#g1429.2

Blackheath: I recounted in Committee that I was deeply suspicious of the circumstances in which I was being required to herd small children on to boats at Tilbury for transportation to Australia. They did not have names….
    Blackheath:…On 26 July 1945, and on 16 September that year the first ship sails full of children, 2,000 of them. The 2,000 children set off into the blue and are the first of 155,000 who are sent between that date and the end of 1960. After 1960, another 120,000 are sent, bringing about a total in aggregate of 295,000 children, all from orphanages and local council overspills...
    Blackheath: ...Many of these children over time were picked up by so called religious organisations who were in fact abusing children emotionally and physically. Two of these organisations appear to be infamous – The Sisters of Mercy, who were Catholic nuns, and the Christian Brothers, who were already known in government service as the “Christian buggers”.
    YEARS LATER...

Blackheath:…the Australian Government agreed that they would write to every known migrant and ask them to write an account of their experience. They could find only 600 out of 295,000 to write to.
    WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF THE 294,400 CHILDREN???

BACK THEN, METHOD OF CHILD SNATCHING

Blackheath: The first one, to make clear how dreadful it was, happened not in Australia but in Sheffield. A single parent and her daughter, seven years old, are already known to the local child authority—we do not know why. They get a message that they are to report one day to a council office in the centre of Sheffield, taking nothing with them. They do that, and at the office they find four nuns waiting for them, who pounce upon the two of them. They pin the mother to the ground while they tie a clothesline or something like it round the daughter, binding her very securely, and proceed to drag her through the streets of Sheffield to the railway station, where she is mixed up with a lot of other girls, taken on the train to Liverpool, put on the boat that night, and sails away. Mother and daughter have never said a word to each other from that day to this. That is how the councils worked, and there are many other examples like that…
    PRESENT DAY: The FEW SURVIVORS:

Survivor quote: “If it gets out that I have been interviewed by you, it’ll be known that I am a migrant child and we will never again be allowed to work for—
    Blackheath: I quoted that last example because it indicates how, in the words of that fellow of 50, all migrant children are now regarded as the untouchables of Australian society. They have no place, no identity—nothing.
    Blackheath: On any actuarial basis, as we sit here today debating this, some 25,000 to 30,000 of those children are sleeping somewhere rough in the semi-outback of Australia tonight. We had better think about them a bit.
    Meanwhile for the unaware hobbit, he/she sleeps soundly in a cosy warm bed………..

While others…………………

May God/Source have mercy on Humanity,
    For we know not what has been done in our name,
    Forgive us for what we have unwittingly supported, a heinous ‘Draconian System’.
    And God Bless all of those innocents who have suffered by such evil hands,
    May they find peace wherever that be.
    And may Humanity find peace soon,
    Re-remembering the Path of Uncondtional Love.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breeze For This Useful Post:

Ria (8th March 2015), sandancer (8th March 2015), sandy (9th March 2015), Seikou-Kishi (8th March 2015), Sooz (8th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    This seems to be the case of one who was involved and quietened his own concerns with the Nuremberg Defence. He has spoken well before now on other topics. If he has been moved to "put his hands up" and admit his complicity, I will not chase him through the streets for it. How many more people might follow his example, and thereafter how might the establishment infrastructure that undertakes this crumble? And how much more or less likely are people to follow in his footsteps if those footsteps had led him to dance the Spandau ballet?

My perception is that he is a somewhat moral person having behaved immorally under the assumption of "official amorality", we might say, and that he is now trying to reconcile his behaviour with his own better sense. I hope he succeeds. This may even fuel his moral rectitude and may be the reason he has spoken out about financial shenanigans. Perhaps his limit has been reached. I don't judge him.

No extent of retribution will undo past wrongs, but what good could come of this?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Breeze (8th March 2015), Ria (9th March 2015), sandy (9th March 2015), Sooz (8th March 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks Breeze for your unending quest to find resolution here somewhere.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Breeze (8th March 2015), Ria (9th March 2015), sandy (9th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi Breeze,

Your message is heard about not shooting the messenger

I should have worded my post in a way that highlighted my point about planned opposition through distraction, by focusing on past abuse.....and thus taking the focus and heat off of the here and now.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Breeze (9th March 2015), Ria (9th March 2015), Sooz (9th March 2015)

Retired Member Great Britain
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 212 Posts
    I have found this thread very difficult to read , I was born in the early 50's in a church run mother and baby home . Like all the women there my birth mother was unmarried and left after I believe six weeks .

I was one of the lucky children I was adopted and had a loving home and family , but I so easily could have been one of the abused and neglected .

I give thanks on a regular basis , my heart breaks and my tears flow for those who suffered and are still suffering .

Sorry got to go before my keyboard is flooded . Thanks to all for putting this out .

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandancer For This Useful Post:

Breeze (9th March 2015), Elbie (9th March 2015), Ria (9th March 2015), sandy (11th March 2015), Sooz (10th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Big hugs sandancer we will do what we can to stop this from happening to others.
    Quote Originally posted by sandancer View Post
    I have found this thread very difficult to read , I was born in the early 50's in a church run mother and baby home . Like all the women there my birth mother was unmarried and left after I believe six weeks .

I was one of the lucky children I was adopted and had a loving home and family , but I so easily could have been one of the abused and neglected .

I give thanks on a regular basis , my heart breaks and my tears flow for those who suffered and are still suffering .

Sorry got to go before my keyboard is flooded . Thanks to all for putting this out .

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Elbie (9th March 2015), sandancer (9th March 2015), sandy (11th March 2015), Sooz (10th March 2015)