Thread: Everyone getting Iodine-pills against consequences Nuclear disaster

Retired Member Montserrat
    Thanks

Everyone getting Iodine-pills against consequences Nuclear disaster

Headline in the Dutch Media:

Everyone getting Iodine-pills against consequences Nuclear disaster

The government is obligated to spread millions of Iodine-pills at short notice. The pills are necessarily to protect children and pregnant women against nuclear disaster or nuclear attack in the Netherlands.
    Dat is the result of an investigation that is published today in the newspapers that are affiliated with the 'Global Press'.

Till now only inhabitants living within a radius of 10-25 kilometres of a nuclear plant were getting Iodine-pills. That radius is going t be enlarged to a radius of 100 kilometres, an area that is covering the whole East and South part of the Netherlands.

Minister Schippers of National Health is deciding this spring about the handing out the pills, families get them home-delivered or going to have to get them themselves.

Thyroid Cancer

Even a part of the Randstad-area are getting the Iodine-pills
    At time of a nuclear disaster a part of the inhabitants can benefit of Iodine.
    These tablets offer protection to Thyroid cancer.

People taking the pills saturate the body with unharmful Iodine. The thyroid closes, and no more radio-active Iodine can get in...

--------------------------------------------------------

Before I get completely spooked about this news, does anyone have more news about this subject?

Why is it so important, why this moment, is there something going on, or at the edge of happening???

Why is this news being told at this moment to the Dutch...????
    (headlines)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chocoladevla For This Useful Post:

Altaira (3rd March 2015), Calz (3rd March 2015), lookbeyond (3rd March 2015), Ria (3rd March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015), Sooz (3rd March 2015), Verum (3rd March 2015)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Mmmm, most interesting. My first thought is not to take the 'government issued' iodine pills.

If there is an issue, I would do my own research and if necessary purchase a pure, non GMO, certified iodine supplement. I have no idea why this warning is only going out to the Dutch -first I've heard of it.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (3rd March 2015), Chocoladevla (3rd March 2015), lookbeyond (3rd March 2015), Ria (3rd March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015), Tonz (3rd March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    In addition to what Sooz said I would add that getting iodine is beneficial not just to help with radioactive poisoning but for a big array of conditions. WE are already iodine deficient in most of the cases so no harm of havin a good grade iodine. As Sooz said it is useful to do a research and find a reliable manufacturer.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (3rd March 2015), Ria (3rd March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015), Sooz (3rd March 2015), Tonz (3rd March 2015), Verum (3rd March 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Where's the source link? What other Nonsense has that source put out in the past? It's most likely a fake news story, like one the dozens of other stories shared weekly here and in other "alternative" forums. Maybe Ria can confirm this one? She/he seems quite familiar with fake news (considering the threads started by him/her last week).
    Last edited by Radial, 3rd March 2015 at 08:18.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Radial For This Useful Post:

Altaira (3rd March 2015), Ria (3rd March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,646 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Radial View Post
    Where's the source link? What other Nonsense has that source put out in the past? It's most likely a fake news story, like one the dozens of other stories shared weekly here and in other "alternative" forums. Maybe Ria can confirm this one? She/he seems quite familiar with fake news (considering the threads started by him/her last week).
    Sorry can't confirm anything right now.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Useful Post:

Altaira (3rd March 2015), Radial (3rd March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Before I get completely spooked about this news, does anyone have more news about this subject?

Why is it so important, why this moment, is there something going on, or at the edge of happening???

Why is this news being told at this moment to the Dutch...????
    (headlines)
    All the questions i would be asking too.

Are they just being conscious for there people or is it really iodine, i know it may sound crazy , are there debates on local news about it questioning this move , is it being given out for free or is it a recommendation? And also is the story real . I guess you can confirm this by calling a local government in those areas to find out more info , often its best to play dumb, like what will iodine do for me and why and i dont really understand please explain ect.Often works better in some cases, to make them feel important and they will feel that they are helping you.I know it's cheeky.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (3rd March 2015), lookbeyond (3rd March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015), Sooz (3rd March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 1,329 Posts
    Supposedly fallout from Japan (... or depleted uranium from the mid east for that matter) makes it's way around the northern hemisphere.

I know readings are way above normal in the usa ... west coast most specifically ...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (3rd March 2015), lookbeyond (3rd March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015), Sooz (3rd March 2015), Tonz (3rd March 2015), Verum (3rd March 2015)

Thanks
    Weird enough, it completely vanished...
    Not only out of the Dutch Top 10, but even gone from the rest of the news-items
    (now we got "North-Korea threatens VS with Nuclear attack" )

Anyway, another thing odd I forgot to mention, East and South of Netherlands are 'covered' PLUS the Randstad.
    Which is around Amsterdam, our Capital, and lots of businesses there...
    ... but our government and Kind are settled in Den Haag, which will not be covered by the plans of handing out iodine-pills..

To get some links out;

NCBI

Oxford Journals

the Study

Anyway, I am going to phone some locals tomorrow, pretending to be utterly worried, but I really think this news is strangeeee

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chocoladevla For This Useful Post:

Altaira (3rd March 2015), Calz (3rd March 2015), lookbeyond (3rd March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015), Tonz (3rd March 2015)

Thanks
    "News" from 2010

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Useful Post:

Altaira (4th March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015), Tonz (4th March 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Black Panther View Post
    "News" from 2010
    Then why, today, 3rd of March, spook people with news that this Spring 2015 the pills will be handed out?

(And I think the report was made (or published?) in 2010, I really do not understand the 'now'/actuality of this news...)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chocoladevla For This Useful Post:

Altaira (4th March 2015), sandy (4th March 2015), Tonz (4th March 2015)