Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disclosure: Are We Ready?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts

Disclosure: Are We Ready?

By Whitley Shrieber

http://www.unknowncountry.com/journa...e-are-we-ready

When in his final tweet as a presidential adviser, John Podesta said that he was disappointed that he had been unable to achieve release of still secret UFO files in 2014, the general media at first assumed that it was a joke. When his past record on the subject became clear and it was realized that he wasn't joking, most outlets fell silent. The New York Times, the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal were all silent. And yet it's major news when a man of Podesta's stature, not to say his access to classified documents, says something like that.

The silence is telling. It comes because the major media has a seventy year long commitment to the idea that there are no aliens here and the whole subject is nonsense. Scientists and intellectuals, in general, take the same position. The general public, on the other hand, is either indifferent or mildly interested. Religious authorities, led by the Catholic Church, seem more able to face this possibility than those of us who are at the forefront of human exploration, as are scientists and intellectuals.

Years ago at the World Affairs Conference at the University of Colorado, I talked with astronaut Rusty Schweikart about this resistance. He said, "I guess I don't want the way to Mars to be a well-worn path." I thought that, in those few words, he made an enormously important point. The people at the leading edge fear disempowerment. We are trying to find ourselves and our place in the universe, and our scientists and humanists are the ones making the discoveries and gaining the insights.

For example, NASA is just now beginning to think about the possibility of interstellar travel. What happens if that's trumped and turns out to be a commonplace? Generations of exploration will never happen. And what of the mysteries of culture and being that are addressed in philosophy? What if there is a definitive answer to the fundamental philosophical question, 'Why is there something rather than nothing?'

How can we bear to go from our present place in discovery to the end of it? If we come into contact, that could be something we must face. Unless, of course, contact is not what it seems.

And, in fact, that might very well be the case. Not that aliens may not be involved, but rather that 'alien' is the wrong word to describe them. I think that a good beginning would be to discard the 'us' vs. 'them' assumption and start with a new one: we don't know what they are, no more than we know what we are.

In this way we can replace what are already tired assumptions about 'the alien' with a new direction that is filled with wonder and rich with empowerment. Of course, we won't do that, at least not initially. The media will rush to the conventional UFO investigators like Stanton Friedman and Leslie Kean, and possibly some officials like John Podesta and even some presently concealed 'insiders.' They will tell a story that, while it isn't untrue, is also not the whole truth. A beginning, certainly, but also exactly the story that is going to leave mankind's intellectual leading edge in a very difficult space, facing the very sort of disempowerment that could fatally blunt our culture's exploratory sharpness.

This must not be and it need not be. This is because there is a larger, more important reality behind the conventional UFO stories. It is about the way we and the visitors are interpenetrated. It is about finding them in us and us in them. It is about discovering, for example, why it is that, during the abduction years, so many of us encountered our dead along with them. And how they communicate. (A thought: We might begin by by forgetting things like instructions and channeled material, unless there comes to be objective proof that any of it is real.)

What communication we have actually received seems to have been more by way of demonstration. For example, in narrative after narrative, the visitors have identified themselves with the owl. And sure enough, if you study the owl, you will find a whole lot that seems to reflect the way the visitors act in our lives. It's not simple, though. Deep, serious study of the species and of the close encounter narratives will reward one with useful insights about how they want us to see them, and, above all, the place they occupy in nature and the cosmos...and the one we occupy.

The truth is that the scientific and intellectual communities stand to gain the most by disclosure, but it is going to be crucial to at once look past the 'alien vs. human' assumptions and the UFO material, and into the real depths that will open within us and before us.

This will by no means disempower us. On the contrary, it will open useful opportunities to advance our sciences and deepen our cultures in ways that are just now coming into focus. We are going to be able to approach basic questions of science and philosophy in entirely new ways. Just knowing that we are in some way involved in this previously hidden inner and outer form of communication tempts us much more toward renaissance than decline.

We must see this for what it has the potential to be: a feast of newness and discovery. But we should not forget the owl, dangerous bird of the night.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Agape (26th February 2015), Calabash (25th February 2015), Calz (25th February 2015), donk (26th February 2015), Frances (25th February 2015), GCS1103 (25th February 2015), jimmer (25th February 2015), lookbeyond (25th February 2015), mojo (25th February 2015), monk (25th February 2015), Ria (25th February 2015), Woody (25th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 319 Posts
    Ahh objective proof, what a pair of words to despise utterly without remorse.

Science accepted it could not provide any explanation to the constant "miracle" occurring at the atomic level and simply trotted off as if objective proof still had any meaning whatsoever.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbyFbJFjhxk

FWIW I think we are ready, we didn't get asked to see if all the horrible lies would hurt us.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

donk (26th February 2015), lookbeyond (25th February 2015), mojo (25th February 2015), Spiral (25th February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    i think disclosiure should not be forced on anyone but rahter called " discovery " ie when youre ready to look up , please do so.

i cant see the point of telling everyone .. its not going to make anything better , in fact it may just make things worse and i say this because humans in general are immature and not ready for " outsiders "

I think Disclosiure is like Jazz ... the musicians will enjoy it far more than the audience ... Alienophiles want disclosiure possibly because they think it will mean we will be saved.

having said all that i think believers in varying degrees in terms of planetary population would have to be between 60 and 70% imo ...

hmmm

N

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (25th February 2015), mojo (25th February 2015), monk (25th February 2015), Spiral (25th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Whether you think it should be forced depends on whether you think we are just "chillin out" on this planet or are under attack and need to act accordingly ie ALERTING other people as oppose to trying to softly softly massage them into believing about aliens etc etc. Disclosure can come out of everyone and anyones mouth at any time so long as they have the courage to do so. For most I suggest going out of your home town to do this. lol.

And you shouldn't call yourself Immature when you clearly haven't met enough of yourself to make such generalizations or you wouldn't have arrived at that conclusion. Immature indeed, tsk tsk.
    Last edited by monk, 25th February 2015 at 11:15.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

donk (26th February 2015), mojo (25th February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Do you think we are under attack ?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

mojo (25th February 2015), monk (25th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Well... privileged first worlders like me and you who have enough safety, comfort and ability to have this conversation are being attacked in a variety of ways.

But really I mean the other several billion people living like crap so that we can sit here in our Nikes and have this ridiculous conversation about whether a group of wealthy monsters who run our countries are really raping our planet and children.
    Last edited by monk, 25th February 2015 at 11:24.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

donk (26th February 2015), lookbeyond (25th February 2015), mojo (25th February 2015), norman (27th February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by monk View Post
    Whether you think it should be forced depends on whether you think we are just "chillin out" on this planet or are under attack and need to act accordingly ie ALERTING other people as oppose to trying to softly softly massage them into believing about aliens etc etc. Disclosure can come out of everyone and anyones mouth at any time so long as they have the courage to do so. For most I suggest going out of your home town to do this. lol.

And you shouldn't call yourself Immature when you clearly haven't met enough of yourself to make such generalizations or you wouldn't have arrived at that conclusion. Immature indeed, tsk tsk.

call my self immature ? im not following your post ...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Well... privileged first worlders like me and you who have enough safety, comfort and ability to have this conversation are being attacked in a variety of ways.

But really I mean the other several billion people living like crap so that we can sit here in our Nike's and have this ridiculous conversation about whether a group of wealthy monsters who run our countries are really raping and killing us and our children.
    whats being attacked by our governments got to do with disclosiure ?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Everything when you consider its because they are attacking us that they cant disclose it. lol

How could one ever gauge humanity's maturity level? What a task!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

donk (26th February 2015), lookbeyond (25th February 2015), mojo (25th February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Everything when you consider its because they are attacking us that they cant disclose it. lol

How could one ever gauge humanity's maturity level? What a task!
    i do have an opinion about humans general maturity and i think its very low. thats just my opinion ..

and the rest of your statements are not making sense to me .. : 0)

N

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

KosmicKat (25th February 2015), lookbeyond (25th February 2015), mojo (25th February 2015), monk (25th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    One day I might make sense. lol.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

donk (26th February 2015), lookbeyond (25th February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    One day I might make sense. lol.
    Let me know when you have a disclosiure lol

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (25th February 2015), monk (25th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 473 Posts
    Synchronicity is something I have learned not to ignore. I was turning over the possibility of giving up visiting here because of the seeming improbability that disclosure will ever occur, at least during my remaining years. I was also considering that my own quest for the truth has led me to believe that the question of whether there is life elsewhere in the universe [quiet chuckle]* is intimately linked with my spiritual journey.

-----------------

*The story is told of a pastor who dies and goes to heaven. At the pearly gates St. Peter greets him with a warm welcome, and "because you're one of the shepherds would you like the guided tour?"

The pastor agrees and St. Peter leads him along the first of many corridors. Occasionally they pass a door which St. Peter opens allowing the pastor a brief glimpse and an explanation - "these are the pentecostals, they might seem a bit strange but they're mostly harmless", "these are the presbyterians, I think half of them are probably asleep listening to the sermon for today!", as they approach one door he explains "that smell? incense, these are the catholics".

Then a short distance from another door he holds up his hand and signals for the pastor to pause. In a whisper "take a deep breath and hold it while we tiptoe past this door. I'm sorry, we can't look in there, and we mustn't make a sound". Even though the pastor can hear singing from behind the door, he does as St. Peter instructs, but on the far side of the door when the saint signals that he can breathe again, he has a question:

"Why did we have to tiptoe past that door? But all the others we could take a look inside?"

"I should have explained first." the saint apologizes. "That room is given over to a handful that got here from the Westboro Baptists. They think they're the only ones here! And management decided it would save trouble if we didn't disillusion them."

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (25th February 2015), monk (25th February 2015), Spiral (25th February 2015), Tonz (26th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    What if instead of "disclosure" (whatever that is supposed to mean ) they just stop covering things up.

How about for starters the military handing over copies of the aerial pursuit videos they have to the news agencies or even truther sites ?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

boja (25th February 2015), donk (26th February 2015), lookbeyond (25th February 2015), monk (25th February 2015), Tonz (26th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The military just follow orders, sigh. An old friend of mine got a job with MI5 on "terrorist watch" ( hanging around curry houses waiting for Muslims to buy fertiliser. Lmao) and he really didn't care about much else other than his pay check.

We however are not bound by orders.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (25th February 2015), Spiral (25th February 2015)