Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Truth Is Often Spoken Of

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 234 Posts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (11th February 2015), Cearna (13th February 2015), JoeEcho (11th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    "Truth is a Pathless Land" J. Krishnamurti

This could also be restated as:

Truth is a landless Land.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeEcho For This Useful Post:

Agape (12th February 2015), Altaira (11th February 2015), Cearna (13th February 2015), Chickadee (13th February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    So what exactly are YOU transmitting with the lies you are choosing to post, pray tell joe?
    What is the purpose of your presence?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Altaira (11th February 2015), Cearna (13th February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 282 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by norman View Post
    ok, here's the rub, for me.

Modern political correctness IS Moral relativism, ON STEROIDS !

Institutional relativism, Who'd a thunk it.
    DOUBLE Amen!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th February 2015), Cearna (13th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    So what exactly are YOU transmitting with the lies you are choosing to post, pray tell joe?
    That's right, no different than you. Remember that.
    Last edited by JoeEcho, 11th February 2015 at 23:02. Reason: grammar

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeEcho For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th February 2015), Bob (11th February 2015), PurpleLama (11th February 2015)

Thanks
    Remember what?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Playing coy, I see.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JoeEcho For This Useful Post:

Agape (12th February 2015), Altaira (12th February 2015), donk (12th February 2015), Hermit (12th February 2015), sandy (12th February 2015), Sebastion (12th February 2015), Spiral (12th February 2015), Wind (13th February 2015)

Thanks
    I can’t stop you from projecting on to me whatever it is you are doing, and I can’t get you to (nor am I interested in having you) believe me…but I think the it’s “all lies” game, while “true”, at it’s core…while cute and clever (especially more with memes and puns) is tiresome…and possibly a trap.

If mind control exists, which I believe it does…what would be the method for enslaving those of us aware the basic techniques (most obviously in teevee/mass media, religion, the civilization program, etc)? My guess is the (what I see as) ‘covert solipsism’ that has been creeping into nearly every “intellectual” discussion I’ve been involved in…the lie that there is no “truth” worth bothering, the meme that if it ain’t a universal, logically describable, scientifically repeatable…it ain’t worth knowing. That you can’t know anything, and that everything is a lie.

You’re right. Everything is a lie—to you. That doesn’t mean it ain’t worth figuring out which ones we tell ourselves are practical toward self empowerment…if you’re into that kind of thing. I hope your lie-filled reality works out for you--been there, done that....later brah.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th February 2015), Cearna (13th February 2015), Chickadee (13th February 2015), modwiz (12th February 2015), sandy (12th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 178 Posts
    Don't worry about it Donk ... we all suffer .. besides all we have already suffered from as a civilisation now we suffer more , from this chronic internet disease .. the disillusion game .. the emptiness swallowing the reality ,
    this modern sanatorium of human civilisation is free of cost , this graveyard of civilisation .. it's a terminal disease in many cases.

Let me explain to those who do not get it ( they won't get it after either , without adding some medicines from their precious laughing bag ..) :

for example .. it's the Valentines Day after tomorrow ...and what you really want is someone love you so really , to give you real hug , and bring those real flowers and box of chocolates and have a real good talk from heart .

What some of our patients really get ( including the medical staff ) is 'online condolences' and commends and pictures of kittens and wise words ( like every year ) about how we ''really love'' each other .
    And dare you say it's not real .

Do not give up on truth, on reality, on what you know can heal the world - for REAL - because many people i know of gave up on the idea long ago or perhaps never had one so now they are waiting for when it all ends ( for them ) because that's the way they see it happen .

We all are inclined to it : depression, disillusion, stomach sickness from all the lies ..it can get real bad .. but it's a vague , shapeless , greyish monster , one that needs to be fought with great gusto .

Get some cherries in chocolate and tell the shop keeper it's on prescription medication.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th February 2015), Cearna (13th February 2015), Chickadee (13th February 2015), donk (12th February 2015), modwiz (12th February 2015), PurpleLama (12th February 2015), sandy (12th February 2015), Spiral (12th February 2015), Wind (13th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

What ever works, work it (or don't).

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeEcho For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th February 2015), Chickadee (13th February 2015), PurpleLama (12th February 2015), sandy (12th February 2015)

Retired Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 220 Posts
    Your words ARE words written and that IS the truth

Oh lord guys!!! I can't even begin to explain how true this very topic runs rampaged in "life" right now..

Take this for instance -

I couldn't even be respectful enough to quiet my thoughts and read this entire thread before I answer and put my two cents in.. Ugh- stupid ego..
    If I was any sort of "enlightened" being--- which I'm not, because well, I'm speaking out of turn (well typing)..

The truth...
    So what truth is truth?
    The whole illuminati? They are out to get us? We are doomed?
    ((Sigh))
    I'm not dissing anybody..
    I just want to make a point, (because my ego is screaming.. Not my forum life ego))
    There is no truth to truth if it is not believed.
    "The truth" needs to believed my somebody, otherwise- how is there even a truth.

The whole,"I'm just telling the truth".. Ugh, that's old-
    It's all perception, right?! (Yup- been discussed zillions of times)

So, we can tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth-
    But what my words said mean those different by someone else. It's all really exhausting and daunting - especially when somebody doesn't even listen to what truth (no matter what that truth may be) because they have absolutely zero interest in what you have to say--
    Because they (I mean we.. I mean he, oh she ... Lol) are too busy listening to their own thoughts, words-- their egos;
    To even give a damn about the other end who is listening---
    Oh gawd... (Here goes a truth-- or an ego.. )
    Actually- I'll stop myself..

So- anyways,
    We can love, we can cherish-
    We can talk
    We can scream
    We can ignore
    We can listen..

Oh what about truth,
    The truth is---

Integrity..

It seems as though integrity has been lost in "enlightenment"

Because- if we don't stand up for what we believe in...
    And don't admit when we're wrong..
    If we're all just lost in our words- spoken, written or typed..
    Where are we?
    (I'm not directing this to any of you guys-)

I'm frustrated, but I'll be fine.
    I'll be humble, I'll admit, I'll realize-
    I'll even be stubborn,
    But I won't be hurtful,
    I mean no one harm.

You'll only be hurt if you allow yourself, right?
    Isn't hurt a feeling?

But-- so what exactly is truth?

I'll tell you what it is...
    It's a word. Simply that- nothing more,

Until we (I mean the world as whole) all gain some integrity ...
    There is no such thing as "truth"

Ok-
    I'll go read the rest of this mighty thread. Sorry for interrupting.

:sun:

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chickadee For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th February 2015), Cearna (13th February 2015), donk (13th February 2015)

Retired Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 220 Posts

I scribbled this "response" as soon as I posted the last one...the pic didn't come out so good for people with eyes as crappy as mine...the text reads:

Listen: Friend,
    and I'll tell you some
    TRUTH so long
    as you know
    that I KNOW
    It's nothing but LIES

I AM
    or: at least,
    I seem to BE...

Well, maybe NOT?
    But I can say
    with absolute certainty
    That NOTHING is CERTAIN...

...except THAT? Maybe?

Cuz it seems (to me, more often than not)
    That we must be truthful
    To ourselves
    Whoever we find
    Ourselves to be.

I like to live in less LIES
    and more truth
    (WITH A LOWERCASE t)
    I love it !! Looks like something I would have conjured up in the past

Wax crayons rock!!
    Last edited by Chickadee, 13th February 2015 at 03:07.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chickadee For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th February 2015), Cearna (13th February 2015), donk (13th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    I wish to propound my own sense of what is :-

You and I came into life, so we have one real Truth.

There is no such Truth to everyone, as there is no such thing as everyone, because all of a bag tricks, came in with each one of us, so we are "each one" of us.

No one ever walks to same Path as someone else, so we each bed down in reach of our individual selves, so only I can call my Truth, my own Truth.

We can have roles of gentle folk and so many of us like to think we are that, and so many others want to stop life in me for being gentle - does this make Hell Gates real, it might to some clergy, to whom it is very important, not to me as I never want to be a clergy. Is this whose Truth we expect to live by - some still do, not me, so I still want to be gentle, and someone else still wants to kill me because of that.

So guess who still likes to believe in Truth, because all I want to do is to be true to myself, this is my words, my Truth - so many others feel the same about themselves, that is their Truth. How will I be true to myself, by seeing if what I want to be, stacks up to be what I am being - simple life, because all I am is simple - me. To me that is all there is to my simple life in Truth.

Someone else wants to be intellectually complete by saying the same things, in demonstrably elitism language, then in their Truth, my needing to be simple, is stupid and worth nothing, so my Truth's do not make any reasonable sense to them. Their Truth's then are more important than mine. Do I live by their Truth's, no. Do they live by mine - no. Is one more than the other, in Truth, not to me, but might be to them.

These are individual Truths - where do National, global, Universal Truths gain their Truth's from - from minds here now, except the Universal Truths you are not to know, till we find out what they are. Are there Universal Truths? Well Ivan (my Higher Self and mentor) wants to one day tell me the ones he sees as being important to my own set of Truths.

the first thing is - don't tell yourself Truth does not exist, for you immediately list to yourself, that you will never find any Truth
    don't tell good and evil, are simply there to tell us what they are, for we fill in our somewhat storyland version of what good and evil are to ourselves which precludes the infinite shades of each and the in between. We then go about looking to seek and find and specific needs of the in between and call them Truth.

There is solid proof in some one's mind but we have the right to go find our own.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th February 2015), Chickadee (13th February 2015), donk (13th February 2015), Ria (13th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 297 Posts
    I hope it is not my words that are being twisted by reference of "Everything is a lie". I have very clearly indicated that this is not my position, and any further laboring under that impression is entirely delusional.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shezbeth For This Useful Post:

Cearna (13th February 2015), donk (13th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I Lied.

When attempting to describe/ demonstrate the Truth, even indirectly, one invariably ends up describing the finger pointing to 'it'.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeEcho For This Useful Post:

Cearna (14th February 2015)