Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Moon tonight 06.02.2015

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hey Guys . . . the moon appearing to look huge and a vibrant orange or red is very normal and easily explained. Google “Why does the moon look huge and orange” and you will get solid scientific explanations.

Basically it can ‘appear’ huge and orange or red just as it rises over the horizon at different times of the year or if there is large amounts of pollen or pollution in the air. It is an optical illusion. A couple hours later it ‘appears normal’ again simply because it has risen above the thicker/polluted atmosphere.

. . . . . I have no idea about 777’s triangles . . . . . . I ran outside to look last night and saw nothing unusual. I live in the eastern part of the U.S. (Virginia).

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blufire For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th February 2015), Catsquotl (7th February 2015), Moonlight (8th February 2015), sandy (7th February 2015), Sooz (8th February 2015), Woody (7th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 364 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KosmicKat View Post
    did it look like this:

or this?
    Thank you so much for these photos of the moon - yes this is exactly what I saw.

Great pictures!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breeze For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (7th February 2015), Moonlight (8th February 2015), sandy (7th February 2015), Sooz (8th February 2015), Woody (8th February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by foxfire View Post
    Hey Guys . . . the moon appearing to look huge and a vibrant orange or red is very normal and easily explained. Google “Why does the moon look huge and orange” and you will get solid scientific explanations.

Basically it can ‘appear’ huge and orange or red just as it rises over the horizon at different times of the year or if there is large amounts of pollen or pollution in the air. It is an optical illusion. A couple hours later it ‘appears normal’ again simply because it has risen above the thicker/polluted atmosphere.

. . . . . I have no idea about 777’s triangles . . . . . . I ran outside to look last night and saw nothing unusual. I live in the eastern part of the U.S. (Virginia).
    You're probably right.. Sigh.
    Still I like my idea of dimensional shifting better.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Breeze (7th February 2015), Moonlight (8th February 2015), sandy (7th February 2015), Woody (8th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by foxfire View Post

Thank you for this information, it makes sense; I even mentioned in my OP that I had a very dirty pink sky at sunset, so was already leaning towards that thought.
    Thanks again for the explanation.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Breeze For This Useful Post:

Moonlight (8th February 2015), Woody (8th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thank you to Everyone who stepped outside to check out the moon - that was really thoughtful of you all.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breeze For This Useful Post:

777 (7th February 2015), Moonlight (8th February 2015), sandy (7th February 2015), Sooz (8th February 2015), Woody (8th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 473 Posts
    Good old-fashioned "honey" moon.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Useful Post:

Moonlight (8th February 2015), sandy (7th February 2015), Sooz (8th February 2015), Woody (8th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    I remember when I was a child an old person told me that the red or orange Moon means that it will be windy in the next day, and this turned to be true every time. Today I don't think we can use this because the chemtrails altered atmosphere to such extent that even meteorologists can't predict anything. Now almost every time when I see coloured sky I think, omg they sprayed some nasty thing again.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Moonlight (8th February 2015), Sooz (8th February 2015), Woody (8th February 2015)