Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What is your best alternative medicine?

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    someone mention Ayahuasca?????
    let me know where and when,,,
    this soul needs reconnecting.....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th February 2015), KINGSTON FRIZZ (13th February 2015), sandy (13th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    You had better be ready! LOL. I have had my arse kicked a few times by Aya! Make sure you do it in a country where it is legal to do so!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KINGSTON FRIZZ For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Altaira (13th February 2015), sandy (14th February 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    My personal wizard recomended castor oil for my kitten with worms (or parasites or something...runny poo all everywhere but the litter box), I took some with him...cured what ailed him and cleaned out the system. awesome for any infection or foreign invaders.

Lately he prescribed organic apple cider vinegar (with mother) for sinus infection/bad cold/flu thingy my babe caught from starting at her new job (with new germs), she went from a 2 to a 7 (out of her personal scale to 1-to-10) overnight with one dose. He recomends as a preventative, so again, I tried with her....that sheeee-yit is INTENSE, it sho' tastes like it's working.

Forgive me if they were mentioned already, i want to second (and third...) any recomendations on these old timey down home remedies from when people were more apt to trust "nature" and their bodies to products and pills created by for-profit organizations...

My personal best, from my own reconmendation...can't be pictured here (cuz apparently you brit blokes are sicker than even us yanks as a society) is lavender kush, afghani goo or trainwreck, which all serve as the ultimate cure for depression, anxiety, pain, and general malaise. They also serve well for THC withdrawal, which I am currently suffering
    What is the purpose of your presence?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Altaira (13th February 2015), sandy (19th March 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 325 Posts
    x
    Last edited by ERK, 10th May 2015 at 23:21.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ERK For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Altaira (4th April 2015), lookbeyond (19th March 2015), sandy (19th March 2015), Spiritwind (31st March 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    For me this is loaded question. :P

Food is my best medicine so I try to stick with anything that is sustainably or organically grown. I do have to make some sacrifices with family members and my partner. I promised him other sweet goodies if he would give up his soda (he drank coke). I use only organic raw cane sugar. We use local honey, maple syrup I cook down, and agave agar, etc. I do lots of experimenting with my cooking and baking. I make homemade yogurt, kefir, kombucha, ginger beer/ale, grind my own flour, and I have started using my oatmeal flaker. I also have a dehydrator.

Living on a farm I raise my own meat, veggies, fruits, herbs, some spices, etc per what our climate allows living in Minnesota. LOL I also wild craft plants like dandelions, nettles, plantain, etc.

I had asthma and was on meds for it until about 11/12 years ago. The huge thing I gave up was processed foods with all the preservatives, nitrites, nitrates, etc. I try to buy items that are label with the non gmo project logo if I do buy anything in a box or bag. I can tell when I have ate something with all the crap in it. I feel yucky afterwards. On a positive note more of my family and even my partner are leaning toward eating differently. It is a good thing for me.

As for ready to use in a pinch herbs, etc I use for daily booboos, sickness, etc.

Vitamin D (especially in the winter time and when our skies have been full of chemtrails for days or weeks and keeps the sun hidden.) helps boost the immune system
    Vitamin C: antioxidant, immune system
    witch hazel: antiseptic, helps with wound healing
    Echinacea: for the unset of colds or flu. (it is a native wild flower so it is easy to grow and I make my own tincture)
    Aloe: I use it for general healing and sunburn I have my own plants, tons of them. lol
    comfrey: healing wounds (I make an oil with olive oil)

My herbal shelves are full of different stuff for a variety of things cooking and medicinal. Seriously no one herb or spice is good for everything. They have various 'properties' that are more helpful for certain 'conditions' than others might have.

When I have to buy my herbs and spices because I can't grow them or wild craft them off my farm. I have one website here in the USA I go to and know I am getting quality. I don't buy any spices or herbs in the grocery store anymore.

Liana
    Last edited by Lee, 4th April 2015 at 14:23.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Altaira (4th April 2015), lookbeyond (12th April 2015), Sooz (4th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lee View Post
    For me this is loaded question. :P

Food is my best medicine so I try to stick with anything that is sustainably or organically grown. I do have to make some sacrifices with family members and my partner. I promised him other sweet goodies if he would give up his soda (he drank coke). I use only organic raw cane sugar. We use local honey, maple syrup I cook down, and agave agar, etc. I do lots of experimenting with my cooking and baking. I make homemade yogurt, kefir, kombucha, ginger beer/ale, grind my own flour, and I have started using my oatmeal flaker. I also have a dehydrator.

Living on a farm I raise my own meat, veggies, fruits, herbs, some spices, etc per what our climate allows living in Minnesota. LOL I also wild craft plants like dandelions, nettles, plantain, etc.

I had asthma and was on meds for it until about 11/12 years ago. The huge thing I gave up was processed foods with all the preservatives, nitrites, nitrates, etc. I try to buy items that are label with the non gmo project logo if I do buy anything in a box or bag. I can tell when I have ate something with all the crap in it. I feel yucky afterwards. On a positive note more of my family and even my partner are leaning toward eating differently. It is a good thing for me.

As for ready to use in a pinch herbs, etc I use for daily booboos, sickness, etc.

Vitamin D (especially in the winter time and when our skies have been full of chemtrails for days or weeks and keeps the sun hidden.) helps boost the immune system
    Vitamin C: antioxidant, immune system
    witch hazel: antiseptic, helps with wound healing
    Echinacea: for the unset of colds or flu. (it is a native wild flower so it is easy to grow and I make my own tincture)
    Aloe: I use it for general healing and sunburn I have my own plants, tons of them. lol
    comfrey: healing wounds (I make an oil with olive oil)

My herbal shelves are full of different stuff for a variety of things cooking and medicinal. Seriously no one herb or spice is good for everything. They have various 'properties' that are more helpful for certain 'conditions' than others might have.

When I have to buy my herbs and spices because I can't grow them or wild craft them off my farm. I have one website here in the USA I go to and know I am getting quality. I don't buy any spices or herbs in the grocery store anymore.

Liana
    This is so well said and done Liana. What you mentioned above is as almost as I was writing it at least I felt this way. I am not fortunate to live on a farm but I try to grow my own veges and I am vegetarian. Everything else is what I do too like herbs and supplements, plus home fermented foods. I too got rid of my asthma 3 years ago when I started eating mainly homemade and organic.
    Yes it is true the food is our best medicine.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Lee (4th April 2015), lookbeyond (12th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Mention has been made in this thread about supplementing with Omega-3 derivitives EPA and DHA.

The body manufactures Omega 3 derivitives from parent Omega 3 Alpha Linolenic Acid on an as-needed basis in very small amounts. The conversion rate of ALA to EPA/DHA is something in the range of 1-5%. This conversion rate is not a defect, it is what the body needs by design! Supplementing with Omega 3 derivitives EPA/DHA leads to supraphysiologic overdosing which sets the groundwork for serious problems like cancer, cardio vascular disease, melanoma. and diabetes.

Supplement with omega-6 and omega-3 from plant seed oils in a ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 of 2.5:1.
    Last edited by dlipter, 11th April 2015 at 17:56.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Altaira (12th April 2015), lookbeyond (12th April 2015), norman (12th April 2015), pointessa (13th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by dlipter View Post
    Mention has been made in this thread about supplementing with Omega-3 derivitives EPA and DHA.

The body manufactures Omega 3 derivitives from parent Omega 3 Alpha Linolenic Acid on an as-needed basis in very small amounts. The conversion rate of ALA to EPA/DHA is something in the range of 1-5%. This conversion rate is not a defect, it is what the body needs by design! Supplementing with Omega 3 derivitives EPA/DHA leads to supraphysiologic overdosing which sets the groundwork for serious problems like cancer, cardio vascular disease, melanoma. and diabetes.

Supplement with omega-6 and omega-3 from plant seed oils in a ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 of 2.5:1.
    Hello dlipter, we eat grass fed beef (organic) about 3x/week, i believe this has the correct ratio of omegas. Do you feel that the diet would still require supplementation of omega 3?

My youngest has excema prone skin and asthma and severe food allergies (nuts/sesame) since ive been supplementing her with krill oil her skin has settled a lot, i now only give her a teaspoon a few times per week do you know if there is a way to be sure of correct amounts for supplementation or is it more of a "see how the body reacts" type of scenario? Thanks in advance, lookbeyond

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Altaira (12th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The body has two essential fatty acids, omega 3 and omega 6 which must be obtained through diet. I use hempseed oil as a balanced source of both parent oils. Krill oil is a source of omega 3 derivitives EPA/DPA. In most cases it is better to take the parent omega 6 and 3 and let the body do the conversion to derivitives. It has been documented that EPA/DHA can act like a steroid and supress the signs of skin disorders.

I have found this source to be usefull for untangleing the whole fatty acid issue http://peo-solution.com/scientific-support.htm and http://www.brianpeskin.com/BP.com/lectures.html

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th April 2015), Altaira (12th April 2015), lookbeyond (12th April 2015), pointessa (12th April 2015), Tonz (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    dlipter, thanks so much for the link, im thinking of buying the book,lb

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I have the book. I am reading it for the 3rd time!

Most important book I ever read on health & nutrition.
    Last edited by dlipter, 12th April 2015 at 14:19.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), lookbeyond (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Keep it simple. The body is a remarkable conscious entity working with you (and simultaneously an extension of yourself) who is constantly striving for Health. It is a Natural state, however due to various programmed societal beliefs will cause the conscious focus towards general atrophy of the body. Generally speaking the genesis of dis-ease which many face are the physical manifestations of mental imbalances/catalyst that have ignored, and so working on your thoughts, fears, and beliefs first and foremost will ensure 'escalation' is not required. Cancer is becoming increasingly prevalent due to moving into 4th Density, where your thoughts are manifesting in the physical much more readily and fast. Your body is a feedback system and extension of Mind, yet we are trained to ignore and to simply anaesthetise ourselves through covering up the symptoms (ala modern Medicine). I am not saying there is not some good to be found in Modern Medicine, however work on your thoughts and ensure you are living in a joyful manner - your body will reflect this faithfully, as opposed to reflecting disowned aspects of yourself through psychosomatic means. This is a general (and that I stress, it is not a concrete list as everyone is unique) to symptoms and their mind counterparts to give you an idea:

http://ourspiritualnutrition.com/is05.htm

For the most part working on the mind and eating clean organic food will set you up for very good Health, unless you believe otherwise. Bashar has a good basic list here:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvoSclPna14

If you do have health problems, it is much better to look for their reason in your immediate experience …

… try to understand that the particular dilemma of illness is not an event forced upon you by some other agency. Rather realise that to some extent or another your dilemma or your illness has been chosen by you …

If you realise that your beliefs form your experience, then you do have a very good chance of changing your beliefs, and hence your experience.

You can discover what your own reasons are for choosing the dilemma or illness by being very honest with yourself. There is not need to feel guilty since you meant very well as you made each choice – only the choices were built upon beliefs that were beliefs and not facts.

If you are in serious difficulties of any kind, it may at first seem inconceivable, unbelievable or even scandalous to imagine that your problems are caused by your beliefs. In fact, the opposite may appear to be true. You might have lost a series of jobs, and it may seem quite clear to you that you are not to blame in any of these circumstances.

You may be in the middle of one or several unsatisfactory relationships, none of which seem to be caused by you, while instead you believe you are an unwilling victim or participant. You may have a dangerous drug or alcohol problem, or you may be married to someone who does.

In most cases, even the most severe illnesses or complicated living conditions are caused by an attempt to grow, develop or expand in the face of difficulties that appear to be insurmountable to one degree or another.

An individual will appear to be striving for some goal that appears blocked, and hence he or she uses all available energy and strength to circumnavigate the blockage.

[In fact] the blockage is usually a belief which needs to be understood or removed rather than bypassed. - Seth

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acraeus For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), lookbeyond (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Deep breathing is not the answer. 99% of the population walk around with adequate oxygen saturation of the blood.

The oxygen from the blood must travel across 7 bi-lipid membranes to make its way into the cell mitocondria where it is used for aerobic respiration (Krebs Cycle...ATP). The membranes need functional omega-6 to facilitate oxygen transport.

If the membranes are damaged due to consuming processed non-functional omega-6 oils (everywhere in our food supply) the oxygen will have a difficult time making its way into the mitocondria.

A 33% reduction of oxygen to the cell leads to loss of intellegence and to fermentation for energy production i.e. CANCER (Otto Warburg).
    Last edited by dlipter, 12th April 2015 at 22:03.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Altaira (12th April 2015), lookbeyond (13th April 2015), norman (12th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Thanks you for your information here dlipter, I was giving to my son this supplement http://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/Pro...4/?ProdID=1530 which had 565mg omega 3 and 245mg omega 6 per capsule also vit D3, in addition to this I was giving him twice a day EPA which contains 1000mg omega 6. I am inclined to think this worked very well for his eczema. It seems that this ratio of omega 3 and 6 was good for him .

Retired Member
    Thanks
    That product contains Omega-3 derivatives (EPA/DHA)....Not Parent Omega-3!

For myself, I avoid like the plague all Omega-3 derivatives.

I consume the parent Omega-3 and Omega-6 (hemp seed oil) and let the body do the conversion to EPA and DHA.

My study has revealed to me that Omega-3 derivatives in marine oil supplements create a path to a health disaster.

Do your homework and see for yourself.

Peskin in consultation with dermatologists found that marine EPA/DHA does have a steroid like immune suppressive effect which does improve certain skin conditions. I do recall that Peskin still recommends the parent oils in the long run in dermatological cases.
    Last edited by dlipter, 12th April 2015 at 22:20.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th April 2015), lookbeyond (13th April 2015)