Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What is your best alternative medicine?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Altaira View Post
    Thanks you for your information here dlipter, I was giving to my son this supplement http://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/Pro...4/?ProdID=1530 which had 565mg omega 3 and 245mg omega 6 per capsule also vit D3, in addition to this I was giving him twice a day EPA which contains 1000mg omega 6. I am inclined to think this worked very well for his eczema. It seems that this ratio of omega 3 and 6 was good for him .
    Altaira, hav a read of the extracts from Peskins book at the link posted by dlipter, very interesting, lb

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by dlipter View Post
    That product contains Omega-3 derivatives (EPA/DHA)....Not Parent Omega-3!

For myself, I avoid like the plague all Omega-3 derivatives.

I consume the parent Omega-3 and Omega-6 (hemp seed oil) and let the body do the conversion to EPA and DHA.

My study has revealed to me that Omega-3 derivatives in marine oil supplements create a path to a health disaster.

Do your homework and see for yourself.

Peskin in consultation with dermatologists found that marine EPA/DHA does have a steroid like immune suppressive effect which does improve certain skin conditions. I do recall that Peskin still recommends the parent oils in the long run in dermatological cases.
    Hi dliptor, i plan on buying Peskins e book today...in the meantime may i ask you a couple of questions? I read some where that animal omegas were a "better" or "more effective" source of omega oils, i cannot remember why,

Does Peskin mention quantity of supplementation with omega oil, for eg lets say you are eating a healthful diet of mostly unprocessed foods but hav skin condition of eczema is there a "recommended dosage" or is it a matter of trial and error?

Thankyou, lookbeyond

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I do believe Peskin does go into dosages, don't remember where.

I take 2-Tablespoons of Hemp Seed Oil a day which supplies 16g Omega-6 and 6g of Omega-3.

I haven't seen any recommended dosages for eczema.

I just did a search, there are 6 references in the book (PEO Solution) to eczema.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th April 2015), lookbeyond (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Thanks dlipter, and lb, I will check Peskin and as it seems will have to do more reading indeed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I do believe Peskin does go into dosages, don't remember where.

I take 2-Tablespoons of Hemp Seed Oil a day which supplies 16g Omega-6 and 6g of Omega-3.

I haven't seen any recommended dosages for eczema.

I just did a search, there are 6 references in the book (PEO Solution) to eczema.
    Dlipter, thanks so much for this resource and your sharing,

Kind Reguards, lookbeyond

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Altaira View Post
    Thanks dlipter, and lb, I will check Peskin and as it seems will have to do more reading indeed.
    Me too!,lb

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    I have recently started taking Vitamin D3 (Raw). I initially bought it along with Gubinge power (highest Vit C content in the world), because of the Ebola Scare.

Remembered it the other day and looked at the expiry date - 2016, so thought I should hoe into it. I've always thought I get plenty of Vit D, because I live in Oz - I don't sunbake but I'm in the sun for at least 20 minutes a day, walking about, hanging out washing and so on.

Anyway I'm starting to think I may have been deficient in this vitamin, because the day after taking it (I know this is gross), I had a whole lot of mucus I had to spit out after sleeping. Sometimes I get that when I take 'Lung Cleanse' because I sometimes work with toxic cleaning chemicals. But I had not taken the lung cleanse, only the Vit D3.

I also felt extremely cheery and very upbeat. Not that I'm depressed or have a low mood at all. But I just felt very positive all of a sudden.

I believe it's the Vitamin D3! Remarkable. The recommended dose by Dr Group is at least 2,000 international units a day. The capsule I empty into my morning smoothy is 5,000 international units. It has even been posited that up to 10,000 international units is safe.

The standard recommendation is 40 international units which ain't gunna do nothing, let me tell you.

So there you go, my story about Vitamin D3. Not to be confused with Vitamin D2 which is almost always a synethic Vitamin.

My question is, are we all deficient in this Vitamin D3? If so, is it by manipulation? Wouldn't be surprised.

The Vitamin D3 I've just started to take is stated 'raw and organic'. Helps to take the best stuff or it's not worth it.
    Last edited by Sooz, 13th April 2015 at 10:32.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Is anyone else taking Vitamin D3? If so, what dose? I'm very intrigued by this now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I take 8000 IU/day (cholecalciferol) during the winter months.

I use liquid drops 1000 IU/drop.

I read that in OZ (Australia), fish oil is very popular and skin cancer is also on the rise. Is that true?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th April 2015), Sooz (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 173 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sooz View Post
    Is anyone else taking Vitamin D3? If so, what dose? I'm very intrigued by this now.

I take between 5000IU to 10000 IU per day depending on my sun exposure. I wanted to provide you with a little info about taking vitamin K2 with your D

The Interplay Between Vitamin K2, Vitamin D, and Calcium

As I've discussed on numerous occasions, vitamin D is a critical nutrient for optimal health and is best obtained from sun exposure or a safe tanning bed. However, many are taking oral vitamin D, which may become problematic unless you're also getting sufficient amounts of vitamin K2. Dr. Rheaume-Bleue explains:

"When you take vitamin D, your body creates more of these vitamin K2-dependent proteins, the proteins that will move the calcium around. They have a lot of potential health benefits. But until the K2 comes in to activate those proteins, those benefits aren't realized. So, really, if you're taking vitamin D, you're creating an increased demand for K2. And vitamin D and K2 work together to strengthen your bones and improve your heart health.

... For so long, we've been told to take calcium for osteoporosis... and vitamin D, which we know is helpful. But then, more studies are coming out showing that increased calcium intake is causing more heart attacks and strokes. That created a lot of confusion around whether calcium is safe or not. But that's the wrong question to be asking, because we'll never properly understand the health benefits of calcium or vitamin D, unless we take into consideration K2. That's what keeps the calcium in its right place."

IMPORTANT: If You Take Vitamin D, You Need K2

This is a really crucial point: If you opt for oral vitamin D, you need to also consume in your food or take supplemental vitamin K2.

"There are so many people on the vitamin-D-mega-dose bandwagon, taking more and more of vitamin D. And it could absolutely be causing harm if you are lacking the K2 to complete the job to get the calcium where it's supposed to be," Rheaume-Bleue warns.

"We don't see symptoms of vitamin D toxicity very often. But when we do, those symptoms are inappropriate calcification. That's the symptom of vitamin D toxicity. And it is actually a lack of vitamin K2 that can cause that..."

While the ideal or optimal ratios between vitamin D and vitamin K2 have yet to be elucidated, Rheume-Bleue suggests about 150-200 micrograms of K2 will meet the need for the "average" healthy person.

"My earlier recommendation was not taking into account people who were doing high dose of vitamin D supplementation," Rheaume-Bleue says. "That's where it gets a little bit more technical. It seems that for the average person, around 200 to 280 micrograms will activate your K2 proteins and do a lot of good for your bones and your heart. If you're taking high levels of vitamin D... then I would recommend taking more K2."

The good news is that vitamin K2 has no toxicity. No toxic effects have ever been demonstrated in the medical literature.

"The reason why K2 doesn't have potential toxic effect is that all vitamin K2 does is activate K2 proteins. It will activate all the K2 proteins it finds. And if they're all activated and you take extra K2, it simply won't do that. That's why we don't see a potential for toxicity the way we do with vitamin A or D," she says.

I pulled this from the Mercola site. I buy the Life Extension D with K2 and sea iodine, which is something most people are deficient in.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pointessa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th April 2015), Sooz (13th April 2015), Truthseeker (25th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 173 Posts
    Mention has been made in this thread about supplementing with Omega-3 derivitives EPA and DHA.

The body manufactures Omega 3 derivitives from parent Omega 3 Alpha Linolenic Acid on an as-needed basis in very small amounts. The conversion rate of ALA to EPA/DHA is something in the range of 1-5%. This conversion rate is not a defect, it is what the body needs by design! Supplementing with Omega 3 derivitives EPA/DHA leads to supraphysiologic overdosing which sets the groundwork for serious problems like cancer, cardio vascular disease, melanoma. and diabetes.

Supplement with omega-6 and omega-3 from plant seed oils in a ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 of 2.5:1.

Thank you for this information. I was able to cheat and open the book on Amazon and read a few pages. From what I saw I think this is really interesting and certainly deserves further study. The thing that leads me to want to look further is that the author understands the natural intelligence of the body. Over the years I have realized the folly in consuming large amounts of isolated vitamins , and worse yet, synthetic vitamins, not respecting that the body knows how to pull and assemble nutrients from whole food substances in the ratios needed. Has anyone tried the YES brand Parent Essential Oils?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointessa For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th April 2015), Sooz (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I have tried the YES brand product.

I switched to Nutiva Hemp Seed Oil.

I get it in the gallon size, keep it in the freezer.
    Last edited by dlipter, 13th April 2015 at 20:20.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th April 2015), lookbeyond (21st April 2015), Sooz (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    lookbeyond,

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOElJFgAQQw

Peskin mentions skin disorders at the 14:55 mark.

At the 15:50 mark..... steroid like effect for psoriasis.
    Last edited by Altaira, 13th April 2015 at 21:20. Reason: Made the link as a video

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dlipter For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th April 2015), lookbeyond (14th April 2015), Sooz (13th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 325 Posts
    x
    Last edited by ERK, 10th May 2015 at 23:21.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERK For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (21st April 2015), Sooz (21st April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    ERK,

If you use the hemp oil, why do you use the YES oil? They are both significant sources of Parent Oils.