Thread: youtube to mp3

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts

youtube to mp3

With all the video's popping up and my rather slim peaceful on-line time I like to sometimes convert a video to an mp3.

I used to do that with an on-line converter.
    paste the link.
    let it convert and then download the mp3.

A tedious and slow process, especially if you want to get several video's convert for oh finally listening the the backlog of ambassador vids out there.
    Or the already quite substantial library of videos Modwiz is producing as we speak.

I found a tool by xilisof.
    called Xilisof youtube to mp3 converter.
    I'd post the link but even though this tool is free The site does show you advertising to buy and pay for better and improved software and such.

Anyway you can just copy any youtube link.
    Post it in the tool. and it will download and convert the audio to an mp3 file on your hard drive.
    You can also save the entire video if you like.
    best part is you can keep pasting new links in there and it will just do them simultaneously.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Agape (31st January 2015), Bob (31st January 2015), Juniper (1st February 2015), lilac (31st January 2015), sandy (31st January 2015), Sooz (31st January 2015), Spiral (31st January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Talking about downloading stuff, a few months ago I found out that modern TVs have USB sockets.....

If you want to watch a longer video in comfort, down load it (my favourite is "ant downloader" for Firefox, its free https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er/?src=search )

And then get a USB stick, (USB 3 is best) & stick it in your computer & click & slide the vid over, it only takes a few seconds, unlike burning a DVD, and you don't have the tiny time & size restrictions of a DVD either.

You then control the playback of those vids using the video controls on the TV remote that seemed to have no purpose.....

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Bob (31st January 2015), Catsquotl (31st January 2015), Juniper (1st February 2015), sandy (31st January 2015), Sooz (31st January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    I do a LOT of audio stripping from youtube vids.

I don't use a TV and I'm not a visual person most of the time. For one thing, I don't like having to concentrate on one thing when I can just listen and get on with other stuff at the same time.

My routine is:

Download the videos with netvideohunter ( a firefox addon ) that will grab video and audio from almost any web page regardless of there being an option on the page for downloading.

Load the vids into AOA Audio Extractor and save the audio as WAV MONO.

Load the WAV into Cooledit Pro2 and adjust the level so that all my audio files play at roughly the same level. That's basically MAX. To do it well, it has to be hard-limited not just level boosted.

When I'm happy with it, I save it as MP3 ( usually as 64kbs mono ) and delete the wav and the MP4/flv files from the hard drive.

All that might seem like a hell of a lot of work, but, I'm so used to it that I can work very fast.

The good thing about all that is that I've got a growing collection of very listenable audio programs etc that all play at the same level in a playlist. If I skipped the wav and the leveling stage my collection would be a hotch potch mess of all different levels that all different sources get SO wrong.

As a side note, I've noticed that the Coast to Coast AM sound quality and level matching between host and phone guests has gone to hell since they built the latest studio. It's given me more work to do.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Juniper (1st February 2015), lilac (31st January 2015), sandy (31st January 2015), Sooz (31st January 2015), Spiral (31st January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Gee you bunch of computer whizz's.............thanks for the additional info and tools

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Juniper (1st February 2015), Sooz (31st January 2015), Spiral (31st January 2015)