Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Money is Slavery by Proxy

Thanks
    Thanked 27,564 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Pris View Post
    My consciousness has already shifted. I'm waiting for 'The Hundredth Monkey'.
    Well, that's good to hear! Now let's just wait for the rest of the monkeys then.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (31st January 2015), Pris (30th January 2015)

(account terminated) Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,923 Times in 728 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post
    well i could keep developing the idea if someone wasnt flicking me off the site , any idea who could be doing that ? Eelco ?
    Fascinating. There must be something in the air. I think you're both holding your own very well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (31st January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Well, that's good to hear! Now let's just wait for the rest of the monkeys then.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (31st January 2015), Wind (30th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post
    well i could keep developing the idea if someone wasnt flicking me off the site , any idea who could be doing that ? Eelco ?
    Not sure what you are saying here.
    If you mean my contributions to this discussion than be my guest and develop away. I'll leave you to it.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Sooz (31st January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    You should be a polititian , Eelco

Full of Sheep
    Last edited by NANUXII, 1st February 2015 at 00:59.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Okay, you two, knock it off lol. :fisty:

Or I'll have to bring in the Big Gun.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (31st January 2015), Sooz (31st January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    The meme back in the day and one that still prevails I think is that money is solidified energy.
    That idea is based on an agreement between its users. Wether this agreement is forced upon us or not is besides the point.
    I mean it should be adressed at some point, but currently does not change the fact that for now the majority of the people believe in money as a tool, representing some value based on their efforts.

For years money is talked about in the alternative communities.
    As a child i wondered about it. In my late teens I despised it.
    In my early twenties i went for a year without it (sort of). Which meant i had no income through work or welfare..

Later on I participated in several Local Exchange and Trading systems. I asked no money in return for Reiki treatments and even when I became a Shiatsu therapist my rate for a treatment was almost silch.

I have found out though that it is virtually impossible to sustain yourself without the use of some money in one way or another. Let alone provide for a family. Oh i'm sure there are people doing a great job at trying. And when you have a small community around where each member is doing it's share for the good of said community i even think a few save havens in which money is almost non-existent exist.

However going from a society based on the money agreements we have in place now. To a society based on people doing their parts without a useful token of appreciation(money) without so much a a few transitional steps is impossible to acclompish without scaring the shts out of many people's. And I don't mean the super rich here, but most of the people we encounter every day.

So i am very willing to explore viable ideas to get from here to there.
    So far I haven't seen many succesful examples. Most of the ideas for a moneyless society describe that from the point of view where that society is allready in place. M.Tellingers book about Ubuntu contributism does a fair bit in describing the process I must admit. Still like I said it does take some transitional steps and those are somewhat far fetched for those living in suburban aeria's and having to start build their communities from those ideas.

We'll get there I'm sure.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Pris (31st January 2015), Sooz (31st January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Eelco View Post
    The meme back in the day and one that still prevails I think is that money is solidified energy.
    That idea is based on an agreement between its users. Wether this agreement is forced upon us or not is besides the point.
    I mean it should be adressed at some point, but currently does not change the fact that for now the majority of the people believe in money as a tool, representing some value based on their efforts.

For years money is talked about in the alternative communities.
    As a child i wondered about it. In my late teens I despised it.
    In my early twenties i went for a year without it (sort of). Which meant i had no income through work or welfare..

Later on I participated in several Local Exchange and Trading systems. I asked no money in return for Reiki treatments and even when I became a Shiatsu therapist my rate for a treatment was almost silch.

I have found out though that it is virtually impossible to sustain yourself without the use of some money in one way or another. Let alone provide for a family. Oh i'm sure there are people doing a great job at trying. And when you have a small community around where each member is doing it's share for the good of said community i even think a few save havens in which money is almost non-existent exist.

However going from a society based on the money agreements we have in place now. To a society based on people doing their parts without a useful token of appreciation(money) without so much a a few transitional steps is impossible to acclompish without scaring the shts out of many people's. And I don't mean the super rich here, but most of the people we encounter every day.

So i am very willing to explore viable ideas to get from here to there.
    So far I haven't seen many succesful examples. Most of the ideas for a moneyless society describe that from the point of view where that society is allready in place. M.Tellingers book about Ubuntu contributism does a fair bit in describing the process I must admit. Still like I said it does take some transitional steps and those are somewhat far fetched for those living in suburban aeria's and having to start build their communities from those ideas.

We'll get there I'm sure.

With Love
    Eelco
    I applaud you for this.

Yes, we need some transitional steps. It would be hard enough to initiate a people's bank, for example, as one step towards a money-free system. Abraham Lincoln tried it with the 'Greenback' and was summarily assassinated.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Useful Post: