Thread: Are we too basic?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts

Are we too basic?

Are we to basic ? I thinks we are , even though there a volume people that manage to keep the balance , unfairly and unnaturally, they take it upon themselves towards the needed change of things , making a difference, pushing where others don't bother and i wonder why,no on behalf of the'' doers '',of the non ''doers''. apart from the obvious illness of'' Basic Bro syndrome'' The below vid will clearly some this up. sorry cant seem to place vid you will have to click the linck,(stating the obvi.)

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/70...re-a-basic-bro

And if this isn't enough, there are others that are supposedly in the know.But really are not so , something i live with in any yoga class. From someone that practiced yoga on and off for about 17 years , i do not interest myself with the ins and outs of it all as it turns into a religion (imho)but then again my travels have led me meditate in caves in the Himalayas and even on one occasion meditate with a Rinpoche monk.

This next vid can explain this in so much detail , much better than what i hope to be able to write ,. I know as there are some that have wonderfully high expressive skills and literature skills combined with there extraordinary personalities i enjoy there presentations as they are , some of us have to bow or heads a little and use the works of others show what we mean to say , but in better terms. It btw is not using there work to look for something to agree with , it is just so much better done than what perhaps i would do or express. Also there are time fractures.
    The voga view.

Last edited by Tonz, 30th January 2015 at 10:26.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (29th January 2015), Calz (29th January 2015), Cearna (29th January 2015), dianna (30th January 2015), gardener (29th January 2015), modwiz (29th January 2015), mojo (29th January 2015), sandy (29th January 2015), Sooz (29th January 2015), That Guy (29th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 246 Posts
    Lol, that vid was actually quite accurate imo, I recently took up yoga classes for no other reason of wanting/needing a controlled stretch(I am a43 year old F@ck), I am by no means a Ghandi, but when we had a little informal chat I mentioned the fact that I am a Reiki master ( whatever the hell that is supposed to mean, but clearly to some people it carries considerable weight), panties started melting to the floor and the butt views clearly improved intentionally for some weird reason, apparently that sort of stuff is popular in some circles, I laughed my @ss off all the way home, I wished I would have said nothing to be honest, how the hell am I supposed to focus on my stretching now? Since I am not above being superficial at all, I am going to ride this one out to see what happens, this waaaaaaaaay cheaper then buying a red sportscar

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to That Guy For This Useful Post:

Calabash (29th January 2015), Calz (29th January 2015), Cearna (29th January 2015), gardener (29th January 2015), modwiz (29th January 2015), sandy (29th January 2015), Sooz (29th January 2015), Tonz (29th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    That video was brilliant. Have been having this conversation with some yoga practitioners for some while. Yoga means union with the Divine. Yogas like Hatha Yoga use Asanas, or the positions called "doing yoga" as a path to this connection while keeping a body flexible and vibrant through the stimulation of endocrine glands from some positions.

Yoga, in the West for the most part, is a Brand. Like Pepsi. The teacher/actor in this vid is too common a phenomena these days. This vid was like Jesus going to a tent revival meeting.
    Last edited by modwiz, 29th January 2015 at 07:50.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (29th January 2015), Calz (29th January 2015), Cearna (29th January 2015), sandy (29th January 2015), Sooz (29th January 2015), That Guy (29th January 2015), Tonz (29th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Lol, that vid was actually quite accurate imo, I recently took up yoga classes for no other reason of wanting/needing a controlled stretch(I am a43 year old F@ck), I am by no means a Ghandi, but when we had a little informal chat I mentioned the fact that I am a Reiki master ( whatever the hell that is supposed to mean, but clearly to some people it carries considerable weight), panties started melting to the floor and the butt views clearly improved intentionally for some weird reason, apparently that sort of stuff is popular in some circles, I laughed my @ss off all the way home, I wished I would have said nothing to be honest, how the hell am I supposed to focus on my stretching now? Since I am not above being superficial at all, I am going to ride this one out to see what happens, this waaaaaaaaay cheaper then buying a red sportscar
    Even though i enjoyed the videos as well I think i laughed even more with your post.

the vids for me represent the youth of today , intentionally brain dead ,to the supposed people on a path towards enhancing others . lol
    I don't mind the modern yoga being more a workout rather than a stimulate for connection , but I feel they should call it something else,dunno what ,maybe ,''A quick Buttock stretch''hmm just thinking.
    I had a instructor last year that had the balance of gentle yoga with powerful results ,Her abilities are amazing and she was a tiny little thing, she demonstrated that power is what you have accepted for yourself and not mussel ,she has moved on somewhere else now so we are left with one that is more superficial than that on the vid , (i kid you not) and another that works hard on the physical , a full on workout (also i kid you not)i have never sweated my nuts off so much in my life in a class before. I often get the ''your pretty good you know",(I think she is kind enough to leave out ,''for an old bloke'' )As i am 49 .teachers are rarely above 30 , such a shame I don't think the majority will begin to understand what they are really doing for another 20 years ,lol.

And i can only agree with Modwiz as yoga is about connection to the point of not needing a practice to stay connected and flexible. Flexability for me is a pathway to connection , with out it we are as the effect of a mirror.What you see is what you get.It's a fairly simple philosophy.
    Last edited by Tonz, 29th January 2015 at 09:26.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (29th January 2015), Calz (29th January 2015), gardener (29th January 2015), modwiz (29th January 2015), sandy (29th January 2015), Sooz (29th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    For any of you that have not ever ventured into yoga , there is a power there, and that power is not achieved without the mind being equally as powerful.

Take a look at this powerhouse , try to forget her natural beauty and focus on her power yet to be perfected but enough to leave a few people with there jaw dropped. It is nothing and does not exist without the mind. this girl is on her way.

Last edited by Tonz, 29th January 2015 at 11:03.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Calabash (29th January 2015), gardener (29th January 2015), sandy (29th January 2015)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Bejazus Tonz . . . . can you do this?
    Note to mods: We need a "with utmost respect" smiley I think

In respose to your OP, I think we are not basic enough in some respects and yet over-complicated in others. Everything about us is so diverse.
    Last edited by Calabash, 29th January 2015 at 13:30.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

gardener (29th January 2015), monk (29th January 2015), sandy (29th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    In respose to your OP, I think we are not basic enough in some respects and yet over-complicated in others. Everything about us is so diverse.
    Diverse ?, Diverse is a word that is true about us ,but far from our capabilities , over complicated, i agree 100% , but the not basic enough isn't about us being simple , humble, in tune with what we are /have (within our wholeness )and be, basic true. I was talking about dumbed out ,and people think it's normal, the way to be cause it's cool, it's the mood of the day.

Ohhhh I only just realized i posted the wrong video in the introduction Omg ,,,,, bloody hell at times

Anyway fixed now and it will make better sense. sorry people .

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/70...re-a-basic-bro
    Last edited by Tonz, 30th January 2015 at 10:36.