Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OLS for everyone.

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts

OLS for everyone.

On Line Securoty for everyone,

i put this here in cospiracy because some believe that surfing is safe. Its not so make it safe with some pointers i found on the net.

Number 1 : get a used lap top , take out the hard drive , and run the system off a disc ( like linux mint or ubuntu . you dont need a hard drive to have a basic pc for surfing.

Number 2 : get a wifi unit pre paid in cash to use as your up link

Number 3 : chech temp files and delet all of them beofre surfing.

Number 4 : do not ever use this terminal for anything that ties it to you , Eg personal email , banking , paypal etc ..

the effects of this are obvious.

BB is watching , and you need to take your personal security very seriously.

Micro sophft since 2007 have been installing Micro Trancievers in your PC's ... that ,means even without a wifi unit they can get in there and look around , all macro x files up load to the mirosoft server by default so they have a copy of absolutely everything in your private life.

Get an old operating system , windows 3.1 if you can , that was the pinnacle of windows OS bar none !

Also , If you have an i phone or smart phone , get rid of it ! its a highly sophistocated tracking and listening device. Get an old burner phoine , and if you want to browse files that are normally filtered then use Tor network.

end.

N
    Last edited by NANUXII, 23rd January 2015 at 12:10.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Altaira (23rd January 2015), Bob (22nd January 2015), Breeze (23rd January 2015), gardener (23rd January 2015), Highland1 (22nd January 2015), john parslow (22nd January 2015), Moonlight (22nd January 2015), norman (22nd January 2015), Ria (22nd January 2015), sandy (23rd January 2015), Tonz (23rd January 2015), Tribe (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    nice thinking there, NANUXII.

A read-only ID, I like it.

I've heard that there are doctored dongle-wifi-uplink thingies that will only communicate with one single cell tower at a time, preventing triangulation detection, in theory.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Altaira (23rd January 2015), Bob (22nd January 2015), Breeze (23rd January 2015), gardener (23rd January 2015), Highland1 (22nd January 2015), NANUXII (23rd January 2015), Ria (22nd January 2015), Tonz (23rd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    It is good to be safe but if they are really interested in you they will track you by other means , the old way.
    But Your right NANUXII ,at least we don't need to make it easy for them!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Altaira (23rd January 2015), Bob (23rd January 2015), Breeze (23rd January 2015), gardener (23rd January 2015), NANUXII (23rd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,382 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Tonz View Post
    It is good to be safe but if they are really interested in you they will track you by other means , the old way.

I think the key point about all of this is that 'they' may get interested in you in the future.

If or when they do, that's when they pull up all the data they've got on you.

Taking measures to be fairly anonymous on the internet helps to reduce the amount of data they find when they call on it.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Altaira (23rd January 2015), Breeze (23rd January 2015), gardener (23rd January 2015), NANUXII (23rd January 2015), Ria (23rd January 2015), Sooz (23rd January 2015), Tonz (23rd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    A question, I am on my third HDD on my laptop (I think ms has a special program that tells you the HDD is damaged so you will send the laptop back so they can check your stuff, which I didn't do)

I now only run Ubuntu 14.04, (first HDD was W7, the second a dual boot W7 / Ubuntu) and I want install Tor, however none of the advice on Tor or the Ubuntu forum seems to work

Anyone know how to install Tor on Ubuntu 14.04 ? The instructions for earlier versions don't work.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

gardener (23rd January 2015), NANUXII (23rd January 2015), Ria (23rd January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    its easy , just go to tor project and download linux 64 bit browser, unpack it and click on browser then click run. You then configure it if you have an isp that vets internet content.

N

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

gardener (23rd January 2015), Spiral (23rd January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Tonz View Post
    Its not about hiding anything , its just about having your privacy. Yes if they want to find you then they will eventually but if youre not doing anything bad its peace of mind to have your private life private. Im really not a big fan of the insaine eaves dropping going on.. our phone and computer tech is designed with more back end spy ware in it by default than its actual functionality.

Some of the names that Microsofty give their spy programs are absolutely hillarious.

Stuff Like , " Connective Content Sharing Auditor " or " Essential modem pass word enhancer " or " Logical set band reconstrictor watsy "

you can tell when they try to say stuff like this its designed to confuse you as to what in blazes it actually does.

I relaised that all my docs in microsopht , when on line , connected as an executable to microsopht server and up loaded its self ... man ! thats my document ! Why should i share my personal stuff like love letters and poems etc ?

What also really gives me the heebie geebies is the clandestine manner they lie to you to get you to consent to giving your privacy away... its disgraceful

N

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Tonz (23rd January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by norman View Post
    nice thinking there, NANUXII.

A read-only ID, I like it.

I've heard that there are doctored dongle-wifi-uplink thingies that will only communicate with one single cell tower at a time, preventing triangulation detection, in theory.
    Yeah , makes it hard to have trojans and other spy tech installed.. each time you boot you virtually have nothing in memory.

N

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

gardener (23rd January 2015), Tonz (23rd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post
    its easy , just go to tor project and download linux 64 bit browser, unpack it and click on browser then click run. You then configure it if you have an isp that vets internet content.

N
    I already downloaded it, twice, there is no option to unpack it, I can open it to see the files in it, and then the code within those...I can get all kinds of boxes to open but it won't start.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

gardener (23rd January 2015), NANUXII (23rd January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    hmmm ok let me do some research with my brrrain.... tic tic ...

Ok you down load it

then right click and extract the files

Show the files then you see "tor-browser_en-US "

Double click that and then you see " Start Tor Browser " Double click

then you see Run ... press that ... and it asks you to connect, i use the top one , its easier ... the bottom one is to be configured...

And Voila , Tor Browser Fun !

N

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Bob (23rd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    hmmm ok let me do some research with my brrrain.... tic tic ...

Ok you down load it

then right click and extract the files

Show the files then you see "tor-browser_en-US "

Double click that and then you see " Start Tor Browser " Double click

then you see Run ... press that ... and it asks you to connect, i use the top one , its easier ... the bottom one is to be configured...

And Voila , Tor Browser Fun !

N
    Thanks for the help, but I have tried that numerous times, I have now downloaded both the stable & the experimental versions, neither will launch

When I click on " Start Tor Browser " it opens a firefox tab with this error message;

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at /home/spiral/.cache/.fr-01wyQq/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/start-tor-browser.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
    Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.
    I have gone onto ubuntu 1 & tried all the command lines etc that have been posted as answers to this very problem, none of them work, the problem is either this version of ubuntu or the version of firefox it runs (many plugins on the mozilla site will not load & it flashes a message "you need a mozilla based browser (such as firefox) to install a search plugin" )

Its the same with Google Earth, that won't work either :-(

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Ok well you have something in yoru temp files blocking it. Have a look in the TMP file and see if there are any locked files ? Pulse or .Ice or .x11 ?

these are blocking viruses made up to hamper Linux users by guess who ? They dont want you using Tor cos its good ! like vitamins : 0)

Ok so go to your TMP file and right click on it then " Open as root " if you cant open as root then you have a dowloaded version as opposed to buying a disc... If you buy the disc you get Admin priveliges over and above the nasty meta viruses that re spawn and mutate.

If you can open as root you will elevate priveliges and see a red bar above the file. You then press Ctrl H to un hide hidden files.. you press the back button abnd forward again to make them appear.. You will typically see .trash .xolock etc ... files with a " . " before them are sus and usually hidden. Why are they hidden ? why ! because they are naughty !

Clean out the temp file , and try re launching.

N
    Last edited by NANUXII, 23rd January 2015 at 18:03.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Spiral (23rd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Ok well you have something in yoru temp files blocking it. Have a look in the TMP file and see if there are any locked files ? Pulse or .Ice or .x11 ?

these are blocking viruses made up to hamper Linux users by guess who ? They dont want you using Tor cos its good ! like vitamins : 0)

Ok so go to your TMP file and right click on it then " Open as root " if you cant open as root then you have a dowloaded version as opposed to buying a disc... If you buy the disc you get Admin priveliges over and above the nasty meta viruses that re spawn and mutate.

If you can open as root you will elevate priveliges and see a red bar above the file. You then press Ctrl H to un hide hidden files.. you press the back button abnd forward again to make them appear.. You will typically see .trash .xolock etc ... files with a " . " before them are sus and usually hidden. Why are they hidden ? why ! because they are naughty !

Clean out the temp file , and try re launching.

N
    OK its stupid time (my head is about to explode right now ) , what is a TMP file & where is it ?

I entered it into the dash & got nothing sensible

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Ok, found it, there are some odd things there like "/tmp/qtsingleapp-homesp-a795-3e8"

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Ok go into " file system " in the left menue ... d click and you will see a bunch of files which is basically the operating system of Ubuntu. Down the bottom is the TMP file .. In there is where all yoru nasty bits are .. you should clear it out ! every session get those buggers outta there!

Naughty TMP files give me head aches ! uuuuuugh