Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OLS for everyone.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NANUXII View Post
    Ok well you have something in yoru temp files blocking it. Have a look in the TMP file and see if there are any locked files ? Pulse or .Ice or .x11 ?

these are blocking viruses made up to hamper Linux users by guess who ? They dont want you using Tor cos its good ! like vitamins : 0)

Ok so go to your TMP file and right click on it then " Open as root " if you cant open as root then you have a dowloaded version as opposed to buying a disc... If you buy the disc you get Admin priveliges over and above the nasty meta viruses that re spawn and mutate.

If you can open as root you will elevate priveliges and see a red bar above the file. You then press Ctrl H to un hide hidden files.. you press the back button abnd forward again to make them appear.. You will typically see .trash .xolock etc ... files with a " . " before them are sus and usually hidden. Why are they hidden ? why ! because they are naughty !

Clean out the temp file , and try re launching.

N
    I have emptied the TMP file, do I need to put tor in there & then open that as root ? Is that what you mean ?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    I think I better just give it up as a bad job, thank for your help but it's beyond my very limited computer skills.

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 554 Posts
    you are really close to having a result. have a break and come back to it. I had the same brain aches learning this stuff too but its unfortunately a sign of the times .. we are all gonna become programmers of sorts...

N

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NANUXII For This Useful Post:

Bob (23rd January 2015), Spiral (23rd January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Hey Peeps

Just an Update on how nice our agentcies are and how dearly they , not want , but Need ! to know eveything we do : 0) its become so desperate that they re write your disc programs !

I thought id out smarted them .. but nooooo ... remember i took out my hard drive ? well that did help but now it seems they have over written parts of the programs on my CD ! yep ! re burned it ! now i got in my linux mint TMP file 3 files i cannot access or delete , i cant open them as root files and now its changed all the files to ownership of Root so i dont own them any more !

bloody awesome tech , and im tipping my hat ! you guys are good !

So what you nee dto look out for in terms of porograms that are facilitating this for them is

/tmp/.ICE-unix

/tmp/.X11-unix

/tmp/.X0-lock

Ok so these three now in my temp files i cant get into, they have changed the permissions on the whole PC ! love it !

So any hackers or Linux pro's out there if you have any solutions we are all ears.

N

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Ok i have found some answers but its truly interesting what i found looking for them...

First up the solution

Go to TMP file and open as root

press Ctrl H ,

Delete all files in TMP

Then go to home File and press ctrl H , this shows hidden files , Delete those !

Then go into Profile System settings , General Settings , Uncheck " Log LookingGlass Output " hmmm

Then go to Preferences in main menu and Open " Desktop Sharing " turn off the allow button.

Ok now you may have some privacy but wait ... when i wanted to log off my user account i found 4 other user accounts all with different log names and pass words... now thats nice to know !

Back in a tic once i disable those

N