Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The nature of Truth or what is Reality

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 297 Posts
    In japanese (it may be noted that I have a penchant for things japanese) the word for reality is 'Genjutsu'. In a comparable sense, 'Genjutsu' is also the word for illusion.

Wrap your minds around that one!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shezbeth For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (24th January 2015), Cearna (28th January 2015), Hermit (24th January 2015), Ria (24th January 2015), Tonz (24th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shezbeth View Post
    Wrap your minds around that one!
    Cool, but it sounds like Maya to me.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Cearna (28th January 2015), Tonz (29th January 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 282 Posts
    Thomas Reid is...let's put it this way, the prof who recommended the treatis *running to the book shelf now* "An Inquiry into the Human Mind" said it's the kind of book you can take to the beach. It'd a bit dated? But there are moments where you will probably laugh out loud. Awesome read, even if occasionally it slips into concepts that seem pretty common sense at first, but then become a bit hard to defend if you go down certain roads.

John Searle on the other hand I had a really difficult time with, not because it's not difficult to understand: he's just a monist who believes that mind is simply an illusion created by the brain to assimilate sense experience. Put it this way. Once the class was over? I was very tempted to burn the book out of spite. I didn't. I may though! On the other hand, I may wait and compost it instead.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (25th January 2015), Cearna (28th January 2015), Tonz (29th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Truth is true no matter what. If it sits on what someone else thinks of as Truth, then it becomes "shallow Truth".. If it sits on what someone sees, feels or hears, then it took on their right to see, feel or hear, but may work against Truth, for now it becomes interpretation of that Truth.

There is some need to see, feel or hear this interpretation or you would not be taken to it in your meditation. To get to know who sent it, ask in the meditation to show who sent it, then you will know it is OK to use the ideas.

Now reality or not this is still only right for you to see it, as there are so many meanings to the one idea of Truth.

The definition of Truth will say that all is real, but the mind says "I will only trust it, if I see it", but the Truth was still Truth, no matter what. If you can't see, is it wrong, or is it still real in the first place?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (29th January 2015), modwiz (29th January 2015), Tonz (29th January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    The definition of Truth will say that all is real, but the mind says "I will only trust it, if I see it", but the Truth was still Truth, no matter what. If you can't see, is it wrong, or is it still real in the first place?
    I would agree and want to, but truth is often an elusive snake , it can take on many forms and just when you think youv'e got it it bites you on your ass!
    Just to let me know that i were almost there but not quite enough to catch the real thing.
    Last edited by Tonz, 3rd February 2015 at 09:19.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (29th January 2015), Cearna (29th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    The problem with the concept of “truth” in the reality that I find myself in is that my experience is saturated with deception, to which I have discovered I was sort of programmed to have an intense emotional attachment to.

It is much easier (for me) to understand my experience by exposing lies, and releasing/healing the damage/attachments. In walking this path, I find myself more aware, more able to function in a way to realize a reality of my liking.

The Truth, if there is one…just is, it’s whatever’s left. Our relationship with that--our ability to accept to that—defines what we are.

You can make it as simple or as complicated as you want, whatever is real…will be. I believe ‘life’/existence is whatever-we-are discovering, experiencing, working toward an understanding of it.

And in this particular incarnation…this here & now, this infintisimal slice of All That Is…is one where consciousnesses like whatever-we-are (and including YOU, whatever-you-are) have been intentionally by whatever-something-else-is consciousness hiding that from us, manipulating the reality-experiencing-vehicle we find ourselves in to have intense emotions (whatever they are) that tend to be stronger than the receptors that sense whatever-is-actually-here.

Just my understanding of it. I believe all “truth” to be negotiable. And have spent considerable energy attempting to disprove and/or expand on this understanding. So far, that all I got.

….oh and the only thing I REALLY believe to be true…need to have “I” or “me” qualifying it. I guess you can call it “faith”, but I believe my thoughts about my experience is about as close as real as I will ever to be able to come….not sure about y’all…but am fairly certain Truth will be what’s left, when we all stop lying to ourselves….
    What is the purpose of your presence?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (29th January 2015), Cearna (30th January 2015), Hermit (29th January 2015), modwiz (29th January 2015), sandy (30th January 2015), Tonz (3rd February 2015)

Thanks
    **Please note, the previous comment is from a being that has never experienced anything “outside of time”. If time is really a lie, than so is “reality” (at least as far as I have so far been able to remember experiencing it). So be it.

That reality may be a lie, is a Truth I live with. I may not “really” live…but it seems like believing I do makes whatever it is that real worthwhile enough to keep doing it.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (1st February 2015), Cearna (30th January 2015), Hermit (29th January 2015), Tonz (3rd February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    1. How does one expose a lie, if one is not already familiar with what the idea of truth is, and the content of that truth? If you're able to expose lies my friend, then I would say you're in possession of some kind of truth; and if you're in possession of some kind of truth, then I would submit that the problem isn't so much finding out what's true and what isn't, but rather what you want to be true and what is true. That, my good buddy, is a real bitch of a problem for most of us.

2. If it's negotiable? Then what you're in possession of my friend is not truth. Truth is non-negotiable. Period. How we relate to it, twist it, pretend to ignore it, adapt to it, or live it, is negotiable.

3. The hardest part about this is knowing that we're lying to ourselves to begin with. That's what ascension is about when it comes right down to it. Stepping with both feet out of the pail of horse ****e we're standing in.

You're closer to being real than you think.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Bob (30th January 2015), Catsquotl (1st February 2015), Cearna (30th January 2015), donk (29th January 2015), modwiz (31st January 2015), sandy (30th January 2015), Tonz (3rd February 2015)

Thanks
    I guess we all are "in possession" of the truth, it's just elusive to truly comprehend. Seems like we it's easier for us to recognize that which conflicts with it, if we are open to that.

Perhaps it's the "level" after that which is worth living, searching for? An openness as much to the truth, inherent--internal-- to all of us, as we are to external suggestions that we can see as "lies" (or at least untruths) when we are open to that?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (1st February 2015), Cearna (1st February 2015), modwiz (31st January 2015), Tonz (3rd February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    I hope people aren't going to get tired of hearing this...

Donk? If you want the purest reality of the truth, as soon as you can, grow a tomato. Just saying.

And I'm really glad you're here that I may be a witness to your process. Also just saying.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (3rd February 2015), Cearna (4th February 2015), donk (2nd February 2015), Tonz (3rd February 2015)

Thanks
    Truth is the tomato that grows without my planting it. (They call them "volunteers" round here and tell you they're no good, they're my favorite anyway)

It's so effing cold outside right now the only thing that can grow out there are my nipples (don't get any ideas bro)

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (3rd February 2015), Cearna (5th February 2015), Hermit (4th February 2015), Tonz (3rd February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    It's so effing cold outside right now the only thing that can grow out there are my nipples (don't get any ideas bro)
    but if you plant the seed!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (3rd February 2015), Cearna (4th February 2015), donk (4th February 2015), Hermit (4th February 2015)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    truth is a expression of creativeness.
    creativeness comes as a thought form or energy.
    travel the wave back to the source of creativeness.
    to nothing.
    nothingness could be truth.

and /or both and everything truth could be agape.
    pure nothingness agape expressing it,s creativeness.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Catsquotl (3rd February 2015), Cearna (4th February 2015), donk (4th February 2015)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    It's freezing here too....which is why I am thankful to have graph paper, seed catalogues, and grow lights.

Now you don't get any ideas!

But yes, it's a three-smarty day out there as well. I'm feeling perky.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermit For This Useful Post:

Cearna (5th February 2015), donk (4th February 2015)