Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Modwiz Video

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    In this latest Mystic View, Shelley and I discuss technology from different perspectives.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th August 2016), bsbray (25th August 2016), Cearna (14th August 2016), Dreamtimer (24th August 2016), Elen (12th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), sandy (13th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    In this latest Mystic View, Shelley and I discuss technology from different perspectives.

I would quickly like to say a word about the subject of lasers, Radagast. As a bona fide geek, I did a lot of research on laser technology in my very early teenage years — age 13 to 14 — so I happen to know quite a bit about them.

The word "laser" is indeed an acronym, which stands for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation". The way it works is as follows... First you need a so-called gain medium — this can be a gas, a liquid, a plasma, or it could be a solid state medium, such as an artificial ruby crystal with a well-defined concentration and dispersion of silver atoms.

For simplicity, let's go with the artificial ruby crystal as an example, because this is what was used in the first man-made laser — lasing also occurs in nature, when gamma rays or other microwave emissions pass through certain specific interstellar clouds — and it makes visualizing how a laser works easier on the mind. So you should imagine this artificial ruby crystal as a cylinder. On either end of that cylinder, there is a mirror. One of these mirrors is semi-transparent. This semi-transparent mirror is called "the resonator", and it's where the laser beam will exit the device.

At the same time, around the crystal cylinder and all along its length, there is a light source, known as "the pump". In the event of the first ruby lasers, this light source was a green-colored and flashing helical lamp. The light from this flashing helical lamp would excite the silver atoms in the ruby crystals, i.e. upon bombardment with the flashing light from the helical lamp — i.e. the "pumping" — an electron in the silver atom would jump to a higher orbit around the atom's nucleus, and when the helical lamp then switches to its "off" state again (as part of the flashing), said electron would jump back to a lower orbit around the atom's nucleus, thereby giving off a photon.

Now, if it were only one photon, then it would get absorbed by the surrounding medium — i.e. the other atoms and molecules making up for the ruby crystal — but if the process is repeated rapidly and continuously, then a population inversion occurs, where more photons are produced within the gain medium than can be absorbed by it. This is where the amplification occurs. The mirrors at both ends of the crystal also make sure that the photons bounce back and forth within the crystal — i.e. within the gain medium — thereby creating a coherent beam of polarized light. At a given point, the energy of this coherent beam will become so strong that it starts passing through the semi-transparent mirror at one end. And voilà, there is your laser beam.

So, to put the terms in place, "stimulated emission of radiation" applies to the triggering of photon emissions within the gain medium, and "light amplification" applies to the population inversion within the medium, so that there is more light being emitted from within the gain medium than is being absorbed by it.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (25th August 2016), Cearna (14th August 2016), Dreamtimer (12th August 2016), Elen (12th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), modwiz (12th August 2016), sandy (13th August 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That is super cool, Aragorn. I actually did not know the details of laser functioning. It's a good explanation for the layman. Thanks.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th August 2016), bsbray (25th August 2016), Cearna (14th August 2016), Elen (12th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), modwiz (12th August 2016), sandy (13th August 2016)

Thanks
    I would also like to say a thing or two about the subjects of dark matter and dark energy. Our Brother Radagast said in the video that he equates dark matter to plasma, but that is not exactly correct. They are unrelated.

First, let's look at what plasma really is. Plasma is considered the fourth state of matter — or the fifth, if you include a Bose-Einstein condensate, which I personally consider one of the states of matter as well. Plasma is essentially a fully ionized gas in a state of equilibrium. So that means that every matter particle making up for the gas is an ion, i.e. an atom or a molecule which is either missing electrons or which has too many electrons orbiting its nucleus. And so this then means that plasma is electrically conductive.

For that matter, laser beams can turn the air they pass through into a plasma as well, so that it can conduct an electric charge. This is how the US military's newest stun gun works. Up until recently, the only weapon by which a person could be stunned remotely was a taser, which shoots a dart at the target, and the dart is carrying an electrically conducting wire which connects the target with the weapon, and then shortly after the dart hits the target, an electric charge is fired through the wire. However, they now have a new weapon, called an electrolaser. It uses a low-to-medium-powered laser beam to create a conduit of plasma from the air it passes through, and then an electric charge is fired through that plasma channel.

Unlike a taser, this kind of weapon does not have any range limitation, because there is no wire. On the other hand, it should not be used during thunderstorms or near generators, where the atmosphere already is ionized, because that could have some very unpredictable and unwanted results. The electric charge could end up anywhere except for the target, and/or it might trigger a lightning discharge at the person firing the weapon.

But okay, now onto dark matter. Nobody really knows what dark matter is, or whether it even exists in the first place. That's why they call it dark matter. See, the thing is that matter warps the fabric of spacetime. In other words, matter exerts gravitational effects. This is well known — it is an essential component of the Theory of General Relativity, and it has as such already abundantly been proven true. Now, at the scale of a galaxy, there are certain anomalies in the way the outer arms of the galaxy move coherently, which suggest a gravitational influence.

More precisely, the arms of the galaxy are curved in the direction of its rotation, whereas it should technically be the opposite due to inertia — there isn't enough mass in the galaxy to cause the outer arms of the galaxy to rotate at a higher speed, and thus they should be lagging behind on the rotation of the inner arms. And yet, that is not the case, so something must be creating a gravitational effect strong enough to cause the outer arms of the galaxy to move through space faster, so that they stay in sync with the rotation of the inner arms. However, said force, whatever it is, does not correspond to the gravitational effects from the combined mass of all the stars in the galaxy, and it is therefore presumed that there exists a form of matter which exerts a gravitational influence but which cannot be directly observed through any of the known means. And this hypothetical form of matter is thus called "dark matter".

Dark energy has a similar explanation. It has been calculated that, according to the mass of all the (conventional) matter in the universe, the universe would first expand as the result of the kinetic energy released in the Big Bang, but then after a while, it should start contracting again due to the gravitational effects from all the matter in the universe. And yet, all observations appear to indicate the opposite: not only is the universe still expanding, but it is even expanding at an accelerating pace! It is therefore presumed that there exists an as yet unknown form of energy which causes the expansion of the universe to accelerate, and this hypothetical form of energy is then called "dark energy".

That will be all for today's class, children. Tomorrow we'll address the influence of eddy currents on the mating behavior of long-legged mosquitos. No, not really.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (25th August 2016), Cearna (14th August 2016), Dreamtimer (14th August 2016), Elen (12th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), modwiz (12th August 2016), sandy (13th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I would also like to say a thing or two about the subjects of dark matter and dark energy. Our Brother Radagast said in the video that he equates dark matter to plasma, but that is not exactly correct. They are unrelated.

First, let's look at what plasma really is. Plasma is considered the fourth state of matter — or the fifth, if you include a Bose-Einstein condensate, which I personally consider one of the states of matter as well. Plasma is essentially a fully ionized gas in a state of equilibrium. So that means that every matter particle making up for the gas is an ion, i.e. an atom or a molecule which is either missing electrons or which has too many electrons orbiting its nucleus. And so this then means that plasma is electrically conductive.

For that matter, laser beams can turn the air they pass through into a plasma as well, so that it can conduct an electric charge. This is how the US military's newest stun gun works. Up until recently, the only weapon by which a person could be stunned remotely was a taser, which shoots a dart at the target, and the dart is carrying an electrically conducting wire which connects the target with the weapon, and then shortly after the dart hits the target, an electric charge is fired through the wire. However, they now have a new weapon, called an electrolaser. It uses a low-to-medium-powered laser beam to create a conduit of plasma from the air it passes through, and then an electric charge is fired through that plasma channel.

Unlike a taser, this kind of weapon does not have any range limitation, because there is no wire. On the other hand, it should not be used during thunderstorms or near generators, where the atmosphere already is ionized, because that could have some very unpredictable and unwanted results. The electric charge could end up anywhere except for the target, and/or it might trigger a lightning discharge at the person firing the weapon.

But okay, now onto dark matter. Nobody really knows what dark matter is, or whether it even exists in the first place. That's why they call it dark matter. See, the thing is that matter warps the fabric of spacetime. In other words, matter exerts gravitational effects. This is well known — it is an essential component of the Theory of General Relativity, and it has as such already abundantly been proven true. Now, at the scale of a galaxy, there are certain anomalies in the way the outer arms of the galaxy move coherently, which suggest a gravitational influence.

More precisely, the arms of the galaxy are curved in the direction of its rotation, whereas it should technically be the opposite due to inertia — there isn't enough mass in the galaxy to cause the outer arms of the galaxy to rotate at a higher speed, and thus they should be lagging behind on the rotation of the inner arms. And yet, that is not the case, so something must be creating a gravitational effect strong enough to cause the outer arms of the galaxy to move through space faster, so that they stay in sync with the rotation of the inner arms. However, said force, whatever it is, does not correspond to the gravitational effects from the combined mass of all the stars in the galaxy, and it is therefore presumed that there exists a form of matter which exerts a gravitational influence but which cannot be directly observed through any of the known means. And this hypothetical form of matter is thus called "dark matter".

Dark energy has a similar explanation. It has been calculated that, according to the mass of all the (conventional) matter in the universe, the universe would first expand as the result of the kinetic energy released in the Big Bang, but then after a while, it should start contracting again due to the gravitational effects from all the matter in the universe. And yet, all observations appear to indicate the opposite: not only is the universe still expanding, but it is even expanding at an accelerating pace! It is therefore presumed that there exists an as yet unknown form of energy which causes the expansion of the universe to accelerate, and this hypothetical form of energy is then called "dark energy".

That will be all for today's class, children. Tomorrow we'll address the influence of eddy currents on the mating behavior of long-legged mosquitos. No, not really.
    Hello Aragorn. You are correct in the points made from classical astrophysics and the language they use. So, until I make a video to address your points, you will remain un-rebutted. I tend to use langauge in my understanding and use words that fit well for what I am saying but, with different nuances that will need to be addressed properly. I am happy for your rebuttal to me because it makes it clear that I need to clarify the terms and the concepts that attend them with more rigor. If I was willing to type to the length that you do, I would put the clarifications in writing. Seeing as I started my videos to communicate in the style preferred by me, that is how I will respond. I will not make a public video but, make it unlisted and post it here in this thread. Schedule allowing, that is.

The Electric Universe concepts have stood classical astrophysics on its head. As our history has been obviously corrupted, so has our science. A true understanding of how anything works is kept from us. There are effects, such as what we call gravity, that astrophysics has compensated for in space travel for our probes. That they see and account for the effects they observe does not mean they really understand them.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th August 2016), bsbray (25th August 2016), Cearna (14th August 2016), Dreamtimer (14th August 2016), Elen (14th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016)

Thanks
    Hello Aragorn. You are correct in the points made from classical astrophysics and the language they use. So, until I make a video to address your points, you will remain un-rebutted. I tend to use langauge in my understanding and use words that fit well for what I am saying but, with different nuances that will need to be addressed properly. I am happy for your rebuttal to me because it makes it clear that I need to clarify the terms and the concepts that attend them with more rigor. If I was willing to type to the length that you do, I would put the clarifications in writing. Seeing as I started my videos to communicate in the style preferred by me, that is how I will respond. I will not make a public video but, make it unlisted and post it here in this thread. Schedule allowing, that is.
    It was not my intention to come off as a cocky smartass, dear Brother, so please forgive me if that is the impression I've made. I was feeling somewhat uneasy after writing that, especially after I had just elaborated on the subject of lasers first.

My intent was merely to describe the concepts you mentioned in terms of classical physics, without negating your theory — which, for that matter, I understood very well and could also relate to. After all, we have to keep in mind that there's an entire forum of people who might stumble upon these threads and these videos, and they might not be so understanding — whether with regard to classical physics or whether with regard to your own message.

What I also meant to accentuate — albeit that I might have done this in too subtle a manner — was that neither dark matter nor dark energy are actually understood by mainstream science, and that scientists as such utilize the terms "dark matter" and "dark energy" as a way of saying "We don't know what the hell we're talking about, but we're going to be talking about it anyway."

The Electric Universe concepts have stood classical astrophysics on its head.
    Yes, but I am personally not convinced that the Electric Universe Theory would be valid. I find this theory rather wild, cultishly dogmatic and based upon untested assumptions, while so far Einstein's Theory of General Relativity has been rigorously put to the test over and over and over again without faltering even only once.

As our history has been obviously corrupted, so has our science. A true understanding of how anything works is kept from us.
    Definitely true, that.

There are effects, such as what we call gravity, that astrophysics has compensated for in space travel for our probes. That they see and account for the effects they observe does not mean they really understand them.
    To a certain extent — not entirely, but to a certain extent, yes — that is also true, I agree.

One of my gripes with classical science is that they limit themselves to the physically perceivable by dismissing the concepts of spirituality with prejudice, and that they will thus also dismiss the veritability of phenomena which can only be explained through the concept of spirituality. Or otherwise put, they adjust their observations of a (for them) inexplicable phenomenon to match their theory, rather than adjust their theory to match the observations.

That's not science either. That's medieval religion, and it's an insult to the truth.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (25th August 2016), Cearna (14th August 2016), Dreamtimer (14th August 2016), Elen (14th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), modwiz (14th August 2016)

Thanks
    "and it's an insult to the truth." Nice.

I really like this discussion as it's going so far.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th August 2016), bsbray (25th August 2016), Cearna (15th August 2016), Elen (14th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), modwiz (14th August 2016)

Thanks
    So, Shelley and I decided to take on the "hot" topic Of No Forests On A Flat Earth. Well, at least make a discussion of it as a concept to play with.

The thumbnail chosen was not the one I sent it in with. Not sure our graphics team is aware of being able to select one of three thumbnails. I need to have a talk with them. I had a smiling Shelley and a less grumpy looking me.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2016), Aragorn (23rd August 2016), bsbray (25th August 2016), Dreamtimer (24th August 2016), Elen (24th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), The One (23rd August 2016)

Thanks
    I found the No Forests on Flat Earth video interesting but not amazingly compelling. It made me think he's trying to be like Sylvie and New Earth.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th August 2016), Aragorn (24th August 2016), bsbray (25th August 2016), Elen (24th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), modwiz (25th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I found the No Forests on Flat Earth video interesting but not amazingly compelling. It made me think he's trying to be like Sylvie and New Earth.
    I got that feeling too. It may be why I enjoyed it.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th August 2016), Aragorn (25th August 2016), bsbray (25th August 2016), Dreamtimer (25th August 2016), Elen (25th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    modwiz--

I really enjoyed your video #32--especially the quotes from
    the Vedas--and hope you'll have more to say about it.

I went to the Devil's Tower (not Pike's Peak, by the way)
    many years ago and as I approached it I thought it looked
    like a huge tree stump, so it's interesting to finally have
    someone else support my impression.

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
    genevieve

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to genevieve For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th August 2016), bsbray (25th August 2016), Dreamtimer (26th August 2016), Elen (26th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (27th August 2016), modwiz (25th August 2016)

Thanks
    We are looking for the right new people to join out GMoP think tank, the Symposium. Shelley and I speak about what it is and why people might want to know about it and join.

Last edited by modwiz, 31st August 2016 at 04:45.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th August 2016), Cearna (31st August 2016), Dreamtimer (30th August 2016), Elen (31st August 2016), Innocent Warrior (31st August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by genevieve View Post
    modwiz--

I really enjoyed your video #32--especially the quotes from
    the Vedas--and hope you'll have more to say about it.

I went to the Devil's Tower (not Pike's Peak, by the way)
    many years ago and as I approached it I thought it looked
    like a huge tree stump, so it's interesting to finally have
    someone else support my impression.

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
    genevieve
    Thank you for the correction about Devil's Tower and happy that you enjoyed the show.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th September 2016), Cearna (6th September 2016), Dreamtimer (4th September 2016), Elen (4th September 2016)

Thanks
    I forgot to put Mystic View #31. Here it is, part of a new series close to my heart. I have called this personal project of mine, New Paradigm Production.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th September 2016), Cearna (6th September 2016), Dreamtimer (5th September 2016), Elen (5th September 2016), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2016)

Thanks
    I would like to thank the mods and a few others for acknowledging this thread and the schedule we keep every week to put out a show.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th September 2016), Cearna (6th September 2016), Dreamtimer (6th September 2016), Elen (6th September 2016), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2016), JRS (7th September 2016)