Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Modwiz Video

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    Hi Modwiz.
    great first video and follow up session.
    we could see the knowledge you wanted to express and it was vibrant and full of energy.
    most on the alternative media forums may get what you are saying and putting across if they are wise to the information.
    even some may find it hard to follow as they may be new to it.

the video showed you jumping from subject to subject,and we can understand that.
    information overload and you wanna get it out.
    we managed to follow it.

but you are putting it out there on you tube!
    for a new beginner it may seem gobblygook unless you focus.

focus on a topic,stay with it then move on.
    one at a time.

unless your intended audience are those already in the know?

otherwise thank you ,it was great and i hope there are many more.

just as Ron does,he,ll pick a subject stick to it,do a vlog for that day.
    but who,s to say you cannot do two,three four a day.....
    all is awesome..
    Last edited by ronin, 21st January 2015 at 23:14.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), modwiz (21st January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    Hi Modwiz.
    great first video and follow up session.
    we could see the knowledge you wanted to express and it was vibrant and full of energy.
    most on the alternative media forums may get what you are saying and putting across if they are wise to the information.
    even some may find it hard to follow as they may be new to it.

the video showed you jumping from subject to subject,and we can understand that.
    information overload and you wanna get it out.
    we managed to follow it.

but you are putting it out there on you tube!
    for a new beginner it may seem gobblygook unless you focus.

focus on a topic,stay with it then move on.
    one at a time.

unless your intended audience are those already in the know?

otherwise thank you ,it was great and i hope there are many more.

just as Ron does,he,ll pick a subject stick to it,do a vlog for that day.
    but who,s to say you cannot do two,three four a day.....
    all is awesome..
    Thank you for all of the feedback. It is all taken into careful consideration. Newbies cannot be my target audience regarding my language. I hope they will try and follow along but we are in a point of history where adults are expected to have done some work towards their own enlightenment. The consequence of that delinquency is difficulty following along.

The consequences are the fruits of the chooser. With that said, all of the suggestions to me regarding that group, helps to presence that issue for me to insert what remedy might be possible without taking a step backward at a time when a step forward is needed.

Much of my efforts are to help dispel cognitive dissonance by showing the language used to produce it. From there, proposals for solutions will the emerge. I cannot make certain concepts well enough speaking to cognitively dissonant listeners. I know many do not see it. If they only read posts as I do it would be stark.

Reading ones posts before publishing is a great way to look at ones ideas from an observer perspective. I often remove adjectives and amplifiers, as well as other things that either garble communication or are simple personal emotional stuff of little utility to moving forward as a group.
    Last edited by modwiz, 22nd January 2015 at 03:04.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), GCS1103 (22nd January 2015), Lillith (16th February 2015), ronin (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,813 Times in 895 Posts
    Hi - Is a rune another word for sigil or are they different?

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), modwiz (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Calabash View Post
    Runes can be sigils though usually in combinations. Definitions of sigils are all over the web. Many in depth too.

A rune, especially the Elder Futharc (let us call it their alphabet for simplicity) is more of an active elemental force with a letter or more correctly, phonic, association. Each letter is its own package of elemental forces. A single rune can invoke such forces if so empowered or requested. The "Peace" sign is one such instance and it was purposely invoked upside down to negate its benevolence. I am going to make that a quickie Video. Might get into what futharc and futhork stand for. The names are but the first few letters used as an acronym.

The Younger Futhorks, especially the expanded Anglo-Saxon version operates as an alphabet. One of the reasons for rune additions. Tolkien uses the Anglo Saxon runes when he uses them. I am fluent in the Elder Futharc but, the Futhork always presents letters that I do not immediately recognize.
    Last edited by modwiz, 22nd January 2015 at 00:53.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calabash (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Modwiz and I will now do some more research. Until now I thought that runes were messages carved in trees left as warnings for others (for instance),but which implies a general consensus of what the strokes mean. And I thought that Sigils are spells made from words into a design which could only mean something to the person who created it. But the way Eelco spoke of Runes caused me to think that they were the same thing.
    Last edited by Calabash, 22nd January 2015 at 01:06.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), modwiz (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    In many ways, the word "sigil" is more generic than "rune", and yet in other ways it is more specific. In the general sense, a sigil is a graphical depiction of something as a combination of lines. In this very general sense, we can consider runes to be sigils the way we could consider planetary symbols to be sigils. But sigils are an energetic signature depicted graphically. In this sense, sigils are very precise: sigils are a case-by-case system representing individual values the way two people with the same name might sign those names differently.

Consider as an example Gandalf's use of the rune G (actually closer to Fehu/F) as a personal symbol for identification. The rune itself is not a sigil, but insofar as it is used as a representation of Gandalf it is a sigil: it is a magical signature. In the same way, the Schutstaffel's appropriation of the Sowulo (sun) rune as insignia is a "sigilisation" of the rune: it becomes a signature.

Runes are a very specific thing. They're letters, but not all letters are runes. They're also symbols of specific energies, but not all such symbols are runes. In many ways, the runes parallel the cards of the tarot: both "rune" and "arcanum" translate as "secret" and point to the esoteric knowledge they contain.

To borrow terms from sympathetic magic, a sigil is more a "target link" while symbols which depict energy "flavours" are trend links. A sigil is a magical seal and in the same way in which a seal depicts a person or entity in a legalistic sense, a sigil represents a person or other entity in a magical sense.

As an example of a target link: a lot of people need physical co-presence in order to heal somebody because they're not confident with healing at a distance. In the case that physical co-presence isn't possible, a sigil can be made which represents them and then used as the object of the healing, depending upon the link between the target and the sigil to transfer the healing. (Other things used in this way incude locks of hair, photographs, etc.)

Modwiz's use of Hagalaz in order to tune himself into the rune's energy of paradigm disruption is a trend link: it is used to bring in a particularly flavour of energy.

So the argument may be made that runes and sigils are the same sort of thing (both magical line drawings), as long as we broaden the definition of "sigil" to its greatest extent and narrow the definition of "rune" too similarly. But the difference is too great for this to be a fitting or appropriate arrangement from a perspective "inside" magic

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Breeze (24th January 2015), Calabash (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Catsquotl (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), KosmicKat (22nd January 2015), Lillith (16th February 2015), modwiz (22nd January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Thank you SK. I also understood that you have to destroy a sigil - thereby releasing it's magic into the atmosphere - for it to work. Is that correct?

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you, Seikou-Kishi for giving us that clarification. I must confess that your response was expected by me. You have done a brilliant job of following my posts broadening areas that my dislike of typing purposefully leaves a little threadbare. In the above, I was actively "baiting" you. I put the word baiting in quotes as there was no baiting to capture. There was no hook.

I very much enjoy our unspoken collaboration. One need not conspire when they are operating from the same source.

Re: Gandalf's rune. It always looked like a Hebrew 'shin' (sh) to me. (sh in quotes for the phonetic value of those unfamiliar. SK would not have needed it).
    Last edited by modwiz, 22nd January 2015 at 01:53.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), KosmicKat (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thank you SK. I also understood that you have to destroy a sigil - thereby releasing it's magic into the atmosphere - for it to work. Is that correct?
    If the magician believes he has to destroy it to use it, he has to destroy it to use it. Humans imagine so many limits upon themselves :-)

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calabash (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), KosmicKat (22nd January 2015), Melidae (24th January 2015), modwiz (22nd January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015), Zebowho (22nd January 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    If the magician believes he has to destroy it to use it, he has to destroy it to use it. Humans imagine so many limits upon themselves :-)
    Now that is a paradigm breaker. I could not agree more.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calabash (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Retired Member Haiti
    Thanks
    Wow - you've just opened the box again SK . . . . . lol

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calabash For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), Melidae (24th January 2015), modwiz (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Thank you, Seikou-Kishi for giving us that clarification. I must confess that your response was expected by me. You have done a brilliant job of following my posts broadening areas that my dislike of typing purposefully leaves a little threadbare. In the above, I was actively "baiting" you. I put the word baiting in quotes as there was no baiting to capture. There was no hook.

I very much enjoy our unspoken collaboration. One need not conspire when they are operating from the same source.

Re: Gandalf's rune. It always looked like a Hebrew 'shin' (sh) to me.
    Ah! Shin! It does indeed — especially some of the more angular forms of the script. That might well have been intentional on Tolkien's part: he certainly knew Hebrew, and he would have know that the letter, as the initial of "Shaddai", is often used to represent the god of the bible in which he was a believer. (It's used on mezuzot, for example.) It is not inconceivable that Tolkien assigned this F-rune to G so he could explain it as the signature rune of Gandalf, who would be true to "El Shaddai" where Saruman would be false.

I am glad to be able to contribute :-). I think when it comes to your typing, it is not that you dislike writing itself, but rather the typing specifically. It is a cumbersome method of communication for you thus you are economical with your written posts. I don't think we can view that as a bad thing, as it causes your readers to have to come some way to meet you (no spoon-feeding). I think of it as "verbal algebra" — unless somebody puts in their own work to fill in the gaps, they'll never solve the equation.

Typing comes much more naturally to me, but that has its own drawbacks. I am not oblivious to the fact that my posts are often unappealingly long lol. Still, the two together might not be a bad combination :-). I also enjoy our collaboration and how it has developed entirely spontaneously. It seems like a natural harmonising that occurs when people are in tune.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calabash (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Catsquotl (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), Melidae (24th January 2015), modwiz (22nd January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015), Zebowho (22nd January 2015)

Thanks
    My quickie will be on the peace sign tonight. It is an inverted rune placed in the peace movement to nullify and curse it. I even have a prop to help make my case. A little more tobacco and grounding should be sufficient to begin shortly. Then the usual processing on both sides of the production. Formatting the video and the format upload.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Catsquotl (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (22nd January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Thanks
    The peace sign vid will have to wait until the one that came to me during a smoke finishes processing. Title is, "Hive mind and autonomy:The real duality. Came out well, since it starts at the Creation and wraps up in ten minutes.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calabash (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Catsquotl (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), KosmicKat (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (24th January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015)

Thanks
    Here is the latest video. I am very happy with it. Could have gone off on many paths to fill it out but, it would be redundancy to further elucidate an idea by examples. It is good to leave some disequilibrium. See the video to know why.

30. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th February 2015), Aianawa (8th May 2015), BabaRa (22nd January 2015), Calz (22nd January 2015), Catsquotl (22nd January 2015), Curt (22nd January 2015), lookbeyond (22nd January 2015), Melidae (24th January 2015), Moonlight (23rd January 2015), ronin (22nd January 2015), sandy (22nd January 2015), Seikou-Kishi (24th January 2015), Sooz (22nd January 2015), Spiral (24th January 2015), Tonz (22nd January 2015), Verum (22nd January 2015), Woody (22nd January 2015), Zebowho (22nd January 2015)